[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/ can I get some recommendations for podcasts? Preferably

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

File: podcast_papvp2_7.jpg (254KB, 900x1239px) Image search: [Google]
podcast_papvp2_7.jpg
254KB, 900x1239px
/tg/ can I get some recommendations for podcasts? Preferably those with a comedic bent.
>>
>>43542839
One Shot
Adventure Zone
>>
>>43542931
Echoing One Shot, I also like Campaign.

Little pathfinder actual play by the name of the Glass Canon Podcast is pretty entertaining too.
>>
>>43542839
Don't know of any /tg/ related podcasts, but Sleepycast has me cracking up a lot.
>>
i would suggest Godsfall
>>
How's Nerd Poker with Brian Posehn? I listened to the first two episodes but they were only alright. Does it get better later?
>>
>>43542931
The adventure zone is not a podcast about gaming it's about the degeneration of a fully grown man into "that DM" and the dissolution of family bonds.
>>
>>43546109
You really want to push your meme
>>
>>43546222
I posted that opinion once a month ago
>doesn't roll for his DMPCs
>openly admits to making up rules
>epic super sayan villans
>unapologetic railroads
>favors his brothers to the point where their father grumbles constantly about not having things to do
Nah bro
>>
Not comedic, but RPPR are good esp. for Call of Cthulhu, Delta Green, etc.
>>
>>43545370
Second season hype.
>>
>>43546376
>favors his brothers to the point where their father grumbles constantly about not having things to do
I'm with you on most of this, but Merle's ideas range from laughably bad to sexy tree talk. It's only proper that most of what he suggests get shot down.
>>
>>43542839
>>43542931

One Shot is far and away the best RP Podcast I've heard. They're brilliant at both funny, wise cracking games and 100% serious hard RP.

And there's pretty much never any issues with someone not knowing the rules or not paying attention or every other common RP problem that still shows up on literally every other RP show, and this is a show with a new system every fortnight!
>>
>>43546376
none of that bothers me as much as the fact that the whole group is still trying to maintain the "we're too cool to know about how D&D works" facade months and months and many hours into playing it. it was funny at first, I mean there is a lot of goofy shit and goofy people associated with D&D, but after a couple of adventures it just started to feel like they don't care about what they're doing. which in turn doesn't exactly inspire interest from me when I'm listening
>>
>>43546609
>his brothers get a "randomly rolled" magic axe and an umbrella which grows in power with every Mage defeated
>mearle gets pulled off a go cart with no attack roll and no saving throw

I've seen this before. Listen to the early episodes. At the beginning he was doing all the good ideas. Now He's acting out because he knows he's being sidelined
>>
>>43546543
>RPPR
>Not comedic

Come on even the 'serious games' have quite a few chuckles
>>
>>43547201
They're not like specifically set up for it though, it's just the group dynamic. I haven't listed to their D&D stuff so maybe that's more lighthearted?
>>
>>43547286
Oh yeah, the set up for the dungeon crawls always seem to be 'Peasants throw themselves in a meat grinder to try and get rich'
>>
>>43546031
No.
However, it is surprisingly like a real game. Later they lose/gain players/DM and change rule systems for a new campaign. But it is consistently a hack and slash affair with a bunch of guys sitting around a table making "jokes".
>>
Drunks and Dragons and Cthulu and Friends are preddy gud
>>
>>43547388
>making "jokes".

I take it the table doesn't get any less cringe-y, then?
>>
Have to throw in Normal Boots. They're a little all over the place but they have some cute and hilarious moments.
>>
File: System Mastery.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
System Mastery.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
Absolutely, 100%, System Mastery.

Funny as hell, they don't play campaigns, they review old RPGs and they're Eric the Red So Fine at it. Go look at the feed, grab literally any episode that strikes your fancy (I can recommend Furry Pirates, Witch Girl Adventures, Maid, and Nobilis as ones I go back to) or is a game you know.
>>
>>43546559
When?
>>
>>43548756
It gets better when they go to AD&D, and then after Sarc leaves the shows becomes much worse. Mostly because Blaine is a terrible DM, but ironically the new players they have picked up are both funnier and better.

I don't mind having it on in the background, but it's not great.
>>
>>43546813
Their dad has rolled a d12 instead of a d20 almost once an episode, casts basically any spell he wants from whatever spell list, and doesn't use class abilities (or doesn't track them). I'd call him the dead weight but he sexed up some plants, and that is podcast gold.
>>
>>43548847
Googled and got some youtuber video game stuff.
>>
>>43549423
>Their dad has rolled a d12 instead of a d20 almost once an episode

Not a fan of the show, but I do that regularly as well. When you get a little older, your vision gets a little worse, your hands get a little stiffer, you have a hard time telling the difference until you're trying to work out the statistical improbability of failing this many rolls. And this is from someone with a lot of experience rolling dice.
>>
File: Check out this loser.png (102KB, 197x204px) Image search: [Google]
Check out this loser.png
102KB, 197x204px
>>43549539
Get glasses and pay more attention grandpa. The only people at my table who still try to roll the d12 instead of d20 are all UNDER my age, and I'm only barely old.
>>
Happy Jack RPG Podcast, and there related Happy Jacks Actual Play Podcast. Its a general gaming podcast hosted by members of The Poxy Boggards and Marry Wives of Windsor.
>>
I really enjoy "Six Feats Under", fun players and guests and campaigns

I think General Ironicus does more with them than with let's plays nowadays
>>
>>43549307
How is Blaine a terrible DM? I mean, Sarc was obviously better, but still...
>>
>>43554419
There are many ways:
>Blaine has ADHD and disrupts his own game with his shit, where Sarc at least keeps them on track.
>Blaine has no plot whatsoever. They have been wandering aimlessly fighting random encounters for over a year now.
>Any NPC interaction results in a fight started by Blaine fighting the group. There have been no conversations.
>Blaine spends the whole time rifling through monster manuals and loot for AD&D and Pathfinder to find stuff and ignores anything the group might try different by making them run into a random encounter or just telling them no.

Blaine might be the worst example of "that DM" there is.
>>
>>43546376
i feel like critiquing something so lighthearted and wacky is a waste of your time. hope you don't die of a heart attack from all your anger homie
>>
>>43555726
I feel like critiquing something inaffectual and fleeting as a comment on 4chan is a waste of your time. hope you don't etc. etc.
>>
>>43555816

I feel like posting is a waste of anyone's time.
>>
When I first got into RPGs I really liked the Rollplay games JP McDaniels did. For as much as people hate Adam Koebel for being a faggy SJW he is a pretty fucking good GM and Swan Song was really entertaining.
Other than that I got into the Critical Success which is interesting.
>>
Not /tg/, but The Biggest Problem in the Universe is very funny.
>>
>>43554275

I'm seconding Six Feats Under. It's a lot of fun.
None of them are the obnoxious nerds that plague a lot of other podcast things about this.
>>
>>43555915
I don't remember why but I really disliked the way Adam was doing the shadowrun game, so much that I stopped watching.
>>
>>43546672
I got that too a bit recently. I only started listening to the Adventure Zone recently because I've been listening to Sawbones and felt like expanding.

They're into ep 18 or something and Justin still describes magic missile everytime he uses it. Nigga we now it shoots 3 things and you gotta roll just fucking do it. I still love him though.

>>43546376
I figured he usually rolled except for DMPC vs DMPC encounters which he needs to go a certain way, e.g. "oh yeah she rolled great"
>>
>>43556285
Yeah I only watched the first ten or so of the Shadowrun, I didn't like how the system worked or the cast that much. I think once they pull too many from outside the "core" group the games just tend to get boring and full of newfags like almost every episode of the West Marches.
>>
>>43545370
would you fuck the green M&M
>>
>>43554275
Literally just came here to Ctrl+F this

Pretty good times
>>
>>43546609
What episode was that?
>>
>>43546813
The axe isn't really interesting, wow chop one tree a day, and Merle just got a magic repair staff in the most recent arc.

He might favour Justin/Taako a bit but I don't think he favours Travis, Travis just does his best to make his character OP himself.
>>
>>43556938
>Travis just does his best to make his character OP himself.
Well Travis is the only one that definitely understands how to play his character. Though it sounds like Justin knows Wizard a lot better since they switch-up game. We can all agree the Flop House did a great job with their game, right?

Also, fuck, should I just go to Candlenights and try and teach their dad how to play his class?
>>
>>43556938
I'd favor Justin too, the fucking 'Mongoose' rant was gold.
>>
File: 1439499021790.jpg (47KB, 383x504px) Image search: [Google]
1439499021790.jpg
47KB, 383x504px
>>43545370
>mfw any episode with Zach
>>
So for some reason this wasn't a page already:

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Approved_Podcasts

I added in some suggestions from this page, let's contribute guys, the more we add, the more people use 1d4chan, and I really can't think of anything better than a solid standing book of references for fa/tg/uys.
>>
>>43556328
But Magnus was already on the hood when he did that.
>>
I Podcast Magic Missle
>>
Drunks and Dragons is a good one. It has that genuine feel like a group of actual friends playing D&D. I don't really get that vibe from other podcasts.
>>
>>43554733

I thought his haunted house one-shot was pretty great
>>
Ken and Robin Talk About Stuff is a good cast for general design, Conspiracy settings, and using real world history for adventure hooks.
>>
>>43542839
It's over now, but one that was incredibly funny for it's time was the Leog (League of Extremely Ordinary Gentlemen). You can find the archives around the web
>>
>>43560220
Good idea anon.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.