[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 376
Thread images: 90

File: Greatest_Weaponsmith_In_World.png (2MB, 1293x1755px) Image search: [Google]
Greatest_Weaponsmith_In_World.png
2MB, 1293x1755px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Fucking weapons, how do they work

If you are asking for build advice, please mention if any third-party books are allowed, and if so, which.

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/HwxEjiKW

Previous thread: >>43518439
>>
First for marrying a Kasatha!
>>
What should I play /pfg/? The current party Is a grippli gunslinger and a saurian bloodrager
>>
>>43529700
Foresight Wizard
>>
Apparently, a game with a lot npc adventurer parties is considered weird. Do you think so, /pfg/? What do you or your group consider outlandish?
>>
>>43529743
It is weird. It's also a ton of work to make them, so don't ever do it.
>>
File: undertale undyne.jpg (331KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
undertale undyne.jpg
331KB, 1920x1080px
>>43529700
Honestly? Try to make something that's fairly vanilla in terms of class/race/build, but make the character interesting because of who they are and the choices they make.

Alternatively, a one-eyed, spear-wielding fish lady.
>>
>>43529700
Insight psion.
>>
>>43529784
Undyne has two eyes. There's one point in the date where she flips up her patch and you can see both her eyes are fine. She just wears the patch because it's anime as fuck.
>>
File: forest rest party.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
forest rest party.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>43529743
A bit out of the ordinary, but given most settings it shouldn't be too surprising. I'm surprised its not more common, but I suppose if there are already a bunch of adventuring parties running around the PC's are less special.

Monster-hunting would be very profitable in most mid-high fantasy settings, considering how many monsters there are that can threaten villages, trade routes, cities, castles, etc. Working in a team of 3-5 gives you allies without sacrificing too much speed (like an army). Dungeon crawling in a world with lots of old ruins that could have treasure and/or dangerous threats could also be profitable.
>>
Ey /pfg/

What would you name a race of robots?

And none-a that pussy-ass android shit, I'm talkin' about actual robots.

I'm tryin' to think of a good name, but I'm coming up with zilch.
>>
>>43529930
Slaves. Helots. Property. Any of those works. "Robot" is a corruption of the Czech "robota" for "forced labor" anyway.
>>
>>43529878
Warforged.
>>
>>43529962
Warforged aren't robots, they're awesome cyborg trees.
>>
File: 1446056335018.jpg (48KB, 224x257px) Image search: [Google]
1446056335018.jpg
48KB, 224x257px
>>43525051
>>43525378
>>43525618
>>43525647
>>43525706
Okay so now that I'm back home from work I feel the need to elaborate on this.

In terms of my work in PoW 1 I was most responsible for editing the Warder into its current state (though ErrantX was by no means uninvolved - lots of discussion, debate, etc), pushing for the changes to the Gambit system, and creating/editing feats. I also created the Traditions. The Disciplines I didn't actually get involved in; the issues with those were discovered post publishing, missed even by playtesters for the most part. Such is life.

My re-entrance into the Paizo boards was...not great. I didn't know how to act professionally; worse, I had axes to grind about old grudges relating to those forums, which I will not elaborate on (the information exists; if you look, you may even find it). In short, I was an asshole. I'm not gonna pretend otherwise - it's a public forum. I'm not gonna justify it; there is not justifying being an asshole to your customers/readers/testers. I fucked up, caused some bad consequences for DSP as a result, and was chastised thoroughly. I cringe severely when looking back at that time frame. I needed a large dose of getting slapped upside the fucking head.

I like to think I've gotten better since then but ultimately ya'll (and my other readers) will have to be the judge of that. In the meantime, for those anons affected at the time, please take solace in the fact that I feel like a total dick and regret about 80% of everything that happened in that general time period before I learned better.
>>
>>43530014
Sometimes the best people are those who know what it means to have been the asshole.
>>
>>43529930
>What would you name a race of robots?
Depends.

Sci-fi robots that work like advanced versions of what we have IRL, or fantasy robots powered by magic and made of stone or whatever?

I have a beloved faction in my games that employ the latter. They're called Heartless (related to KH in name only), and are the product of a pragmatic order of wizardly businesspeople.

The process of manually creating individual humanoid constructs with enough Intelligence to perform basic tasks and speak a limited form of Common was laborious, and this order of mages needed a means by which to efficiently run their headquarters on the Astral Plane. They devised a means of producing them quickly - a machine that would immediately kill a Medium humanoid placed into it, harvest their soul, then consume the soul and a small amount of additional reagents over the course of eight hours. It encased the body in alchemically hardened bronze, created a self-sustained power source within the body, and popped out a new servant loyal to the order.

They were named Heartless because of the way the machine just so happened to kill the person put into it; an Adamantine cylinder with sharpened edges would be forced through the sternum and create a nice, circular hole around the heart, and since the bronze shell was made via casting in a mould, the whole process took a matter of seconds to begin.

Place the poor sap in (condemned criminals and sickly or lame slaves were the cheapest to obtain en masse), strap him down, and the same action that closed the lid of the mold also jammed the cylinder in. The end result was a walking, talking (barely, 300 words known at most), brazen servant with a hole where the heart had been, clean through.

This order of mages did a lot of things, actually. The Heartless were just a solution to a logistical problem. The Astral Consortium - the name of the order - was a bank, an academy, a phone company (kind of), an armorer, and all manner of other things.
>>
File: 1446943723501.jpg (57KB, 623x900px) Image search: [Google]
1446943723501.jpg
57KB, 623x900px
How do I stat pic related for PF?
3PP is yes
>>
>>43530260
illusionist for major image, cast on self to look like that, done
>>
>>43530260
Is that a vampire gunslinger that is also made of guns?
>>
>>43530246
Sci-fi robots 100%

I'm considering just giving them their own type, since the Construct/Robot type/subtype comes with so much baggage I'd have to qualify or specifically exclude, It'd be easier to say what they ARE immune to rather than sorting through that clusterfuck of wording.
>>
File: 1418131836505.gif (212KB, 150x200px) Image search: [Google]
1418131836505.gif
212KB, 150x200px
>>43530014
This is 4chan desu senpai.

We don't care if you're a cock.
>>
File: 1446902338460.jpg (565KB, 1000x1294px) Image search: [Google]
1446902338460.jpg
565KB, 1000x1294px
>>
>>43529930
Automata. Talons. Galateans. Herons.
>>
>>43530293
>>43530314
Looks like multiple guns strapped to everywhichway
>>
>>43530341
p sure we do, though. Look at Downtime God being a fag and people rightfully shitting on him for it.

>>43530340
Sounds kind of like it'd have to be some sort of... android.
>>
>>43530341
Yeah, but /I do/. Ya'll deserve better from me. If I act like a dick to my readership then I've become the people I hate. I'd rather not do that.
>>
I just had a player (a good friend who has been prevented from playing this campaign until now) join my game as an Occultist.

I'm not saying I think this will be overpowered, but I just want to know what I should expect/what I should consider adding or changing to the flavor of how the class plays that make it more interesting.

I've already increased the time required to use the held-item Identify skill, because the party doesn't actually have any other method of detecting magic in the field, so I don't want them just sifting through magic weapons and learning their properties the second they find them.
>>
>>43530375
Except androids are just people with tattoos and nanobots inside 'em.
>>
>>43530379
Thanks for being less of a dick than you were
>>
>>43530388
I keep rereading this but all I see is you telling us how much of a fag you are.

>>43530408
And how will yours be different? Genuine question, how are you going to give a PC race construct-like immunities without making it too useful?
>>
>>43530388
>so I don't want them just sifting through magic weapons and learning their properties the second they find them.
That's an extremely basic part of most games, to the point that many consider it an outright abstraction. Seriously, Detect Magic is a fucking 0th level spell for a reason.

If your game has THAT little magic, then yeah, the Occultist might actually be a problem.

>>43530375
>p sure we do, though. Look at Downtime God being a fag and people rightfully shitting on him for it.

>implying you speak for all of us, or even most of us, or even anyone but yourself
>>
File: I'mSorry.jpg (104KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
I'mSorry.jpg
104KB, 500x356px
>>43530375
>>43530379
I mean, there's a difference between being and arrogant piece of trash and somebody who can be mildly entertaining while being an asshole.

Maybe I'm just more forgiving of DSP's bullshit.
>>
>>43530477
>implying you speak for all of us, or even most of us, or even anyone but yourself
>implying the guy I was talking to does either
>only complaining about one side

Gee I wonder why :^)
>>
>>43530477
well, he is speaking for someone other than himself.
>>
>>43530388
>I've already increased the time required to use the held-item Identify skill, because the party doesn't actually have any other method of detecting magic in the field, so I don't want them just sifting through magic weapons and learning their properties the second they find them.
Try not being a dick... Dammit too late.
>>
>>43530477
The game has normal levels of magic, the party just doesn't actually use Detect Magic in the field, because the only magic user is a Cleric and he has yet to ever ready it. This isn't a choice I made for them, it's just how they like to play, and it fits with my preference for lower-powered parties and a campaign that has players actually regularly visiting NPCs for things, rather than doing everything themselves right out in the field.

I didn't say I was making the Occultist's Detect Magic ability on items in it's hand work differently. I said I made the IDENTIFY part (the one that functions as Detect Magic+Spellcraft) take more time, again, something the player and I both came up with.

So...I guess we're all dicks because we play the way we think is more interesting?
>>
>>43530462
Still working on that. Considering things like them only having partial immunity to specific things. Like, a Barbarian of this race would still get fatigued and such from Rage, but something like ray of exhaustion wouldn't.

Anyway, I'm pondering having them less about scads of immunities, and more about being able to upgrade themselves more easily with Cybertech.

Like, one of them could make a Cyberfiber Muscles that can only be installed in one of their race, but is cheaper to make and easier to install.
>>
>>43530573
>So...I guess we're all dicks because we play the way we think is more interesting?
Exactly, welcome to /pfg/. Now rebuild all your PCs into PoW martials or not-full manifesters. Preferably both.

>>43530596
Saving any appreciable amount of gold on magical gear, especially the big 6, is much more powerful and versatile than it might sound at first.

Also, I'm sort of fond of the old stuff from 2e where shit was immune to specific effects, but that's not common nowadays and it's a bit hard to justify fluffwise.
>>
>>43530511
Nah, you're both cockmongling shitbags.
>>
>>43530650
I feel you're unnecessarily salty, but good to know you're at least consistent about being a butthurt crybaby.
>>
>>43530441
Hahahahaha
>>
File: 1446775036388.jpg (63KB, 500x710px) Image search: [Google]
1446775036388.jpg
63KB, 500x710px
>>
>>43530647
I know, which is why it's pondering so far.

Another thought is just having items that they can install for just another +2 to a stat, but it working with things like enhancement bonuses.

So they can themselves have slightly higher stats, they just have to shell out for it.

Or I could have them just have no limit on the cybertech they can upgrade themselves with. So like, a member of this race could have all three of the cybertech physical stat enhancers at once.
>>
>>43530379
>>43530014
You good now man. I didn't even see the paizo BS, but I shitpost paizo on their site too so its not like I can blame you.
>>
>>43530379
I dislike that Lords of the Night did not include a RAW, IC way to become a vampire through magic, intentionally, like a Lich can.

I also dislike the lack of a 20-level vampire paragon base class.

I also dislike that Psionics Augmented: Seventh Path doesn't include a version of the Ghostly Grasp feat from 3.5e, which is instrumental for anyone who wants to be a full-time incorporeal creature but also pick things up and move them around.
>>
>>43530726
>Ithilid maid
>implications

I didn't need to sleep tonight.
>>
>>43530014
>responsible for warder
you did good son
>>
>>43530805
You spelled Illithid wrong.
>>
File: Necrodance.jpg (94KB, 869x960px) Image search: [Google]
Necrodance.jpg
94KB, 869x960px
>>43530801
The first occurred to precisely none of the people involved as an idea, though I wanna say that an existing spell technically covers it? Could be misremembering but I wanna say Create Greater Undead can do the thing. Don't quote me though.

As far as a 20-level paragon class...why?

Seventh Path wasn't me. Ghostly Grasp /was/ pretty cool though.
>>
>>43530842
See, this is why I prefer Mind Flayer as a name for these things.
>>
>>43530379
Honestly when you first started posting I thought you'd eventually get tired of /pfg/'s whining and leave after a while; I'm quite pleasantly surprised that you stuck it out and even that more DSP devs started becoming mainstays.

Though in the most not-annoyed-and-just-generally-excited way possible, Knight Chandler updates when?
>>
>>43530877
>Create Greater Undead can do the thing. Don't quote me though.
It can, hilariously, do nearly everything besides vampires. I don't know why.

Seventh Path has a power to create goddamn banshees, but no vampires. Not even the wimpy vampires from your book. Just saying, it's a pretty mundane template, all things considered.

Also, how the shit do the Seventh Path powers that turn people into incorporeal Undead work anyway? Do they gain all the racial abilities of, say, the Banshee? Do they keep their class levels? Do they gain racial HD?

The paragon class is necessary, in my mind anyway, because of the aforementioned wimpiness of the template. A paragon class would give the player the option to advance their vampiric abilities up to and beyond what is found in the original, clunky template, and to make a vampire whose primary ability is actually being a vampire and not the Wizard levels he also has along with it.

One of the biggest problems with the original template is how disorganized and unfocused it is; your template has actual menu options when you take it, for strengths and for weaknesses, and I don't see any reason why there shouldn't be a class to continue that afterward.

As a GM, if I put my players up against the Big Bad Vampire King, I want them to be trying to figure out his strengths and weaknesses, how he differs from the other vampires that they've fought and even ones from past and legend, and so on. Not mildly adjusting their original plan for a Wizard who happens to be Undead with some middling strengths and faults that really don't stay too relevant besides those the Undead type grants.

I'm not saying the paragon class should be Tier 1, but a high Tier 3 seems appropriate - menu options, like the Rogue or Soulknife, that provide customization to the point that no two vampire paragons are completely alike.
>>
>>43531072
okay, tell me what a 20th level vampire should be capable of doing
>>
>second day in a row waking up at 4am
>6 hours to prep my shit until the group gets around at 10am
>then 6 hours of game time
Playing in the morning feels weird tbhfam. Time zones do weird stuff with games...
>>
>>43531139
your mom desu
>>
>>43529743
If PCs can play Kitsunes, Ratfolk, Aasimar or Tieflings and can cast spells, cast spells while swinging a sword or swing a sword while flying around throwing lightening bolts and chilling out in giant invisible mansions while summoning and binding monsters from other worlds to do their laundry, I don't think it's tat crazy that other people get the bright idea that being mercenaries in a dangerous world is profitable.

Frankly, I would think it would be stupid if the players were the only adventurers around. They are not unique or special, there are people just like them everywhere.
>>
>>43531410
>Frankly, I would think it would be stupid if the players were the only adventurers around. They are not unique or special, there are people just like them everywhere.

They're special, but not unique. They're the elite of whatever race they are, if only by merit of their ability scores; average human has a 10 or 11 in every score, with one at a 12 or 13. Most PCs have far and away better scores than that, but that doesn't mean they're the only ones.
>>
File: coralreef.jpg (2MB, 1800x1172px) Image search: [Google]
coralreef.jpg
2MB, 1800x1172px
QUICK QUESTION:
What disease condition in pathfinder would you associate with coral?

LONG QUESTION:
I'm lend to believe that cuts, scraps, and injuries cause by coral can be very nasty and lead to nasty infections. I'm going to be running a dungeon which is constructed mostly out of coral and I have a feeling my players will at some point try to squeeze though the crack and narrow passages. I will let them, but with the chance of harming themselves on the sharper parts of the coral. Instead of just causing them a bti of boring damage, I would rather include some sort of mild disease effect. Filth fever is probably the best fit, but what do you guys think?

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/wilderness_coral_cuts/article_em.htm
>>
>>43529743
>>43531463

>Running a pseudo-pirate campaign except ships aren't restricted to water

>Plan to fill it with a bunch of colorful and unique crews of roughly equal strength to the PCs, that the party will be able to chance upon as they explore the world

Really the only thing the PCs uniquely have on their side is plotforce.
>>
>>43531557
Obviously make the skin around the wounds harden, fossilize and start to rapidly grow coral around them.

Mechanically it can be identical to filth fever since having hardening but brittle skin would be pretty bad for both your dex and con.
>>
>>43530726
>>43530805
God, I miss Mind Flayers.
I converted them for my game, but I miss them being part of the lore. I'd rather have them then Aboleths in Golarion.
>>
>>43531574
>plotforce
This!
Half the time the PCs are just in the right place at the right time. Someone thinks they would be good for a job, they unknowingly do someone a favor and they gain some influence or they stumble upon an ancient evil and prevent it from waking up.
They just got lucky. It could have been any other band of scrappy murderhobos who got the plot hook, but now it's on them to be the heroes.
>>
>>43531647
Tempting, but I'm thinking strictly mundane coral
>>
>a cold iron warden gains Alignment Channel as a bonus feat and must choose either chaotic or evil outsiders. She can channel energy as a cleric of her inquisitor level – 2 a number of times per day equal to 3 + her Charisma modifier, but only to use Alignment Channel to damage outsiders.
>She can channel energy as a cleric, but only to use Alignment Channel to damage outsiders.
Is ONLY in terms of alignment channel's "Instead of its normal effect, you can choose to have your ability to channel energy HEAL OR HARM outsiders of the chosen alignment"

Or

Only harm outsiders and not heal or harm anyone/thing else?
>>
>>43532195
>only to use Alignment Channel to damage outsiders
There ya go
>>
File: 2015-11-08_125707.png (17KB, 338x151px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-08_125707.png
17KB, 338x151px
>>43531557
Source: Stormwrack for 3.5
>>
>>43532245
Does the cold iron inquisitor not have ability to channel normally?
>>
>>43532287
Thats cool. Is there anything else on it? like damage dice or DCs?
>>
File: 2015-11-08_130316.png (273KB, 658x854px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-08_130316.png
273KB, 658x854px
>>43532371
Sorry, I forgot the DC.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (84KB, 443x638px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
84KB, 443x638px
>>43532371
>>43532287
nvm found it
>>
>>43532371
Injury
DC: 12
Incubation: 1d4 Hours
Damage: 1d3 Dex
>>
>>43532534
I was able to find the pdf with a quick google search. Still appreciated, though
>>
How do I Braum?

Warder with Golden Lion or something like that?

>third party books
Probably just the path of war + psionics from dreamscarred
>>
>>43530925
Now.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G7wNAhK6838KO7LtrV4UR2fZtw-pGkvslRuqHx_44v4/edit?usp=sharing

Feedback welcome; these changes are proposed, not carved in stone.

Also props to Forrest for his excellent work in proposing and writing the new abilities.
>>
>>43531787
I think I remember Jacobs saying that if it were possible he'd prefer to have them replace Neh-Thalggus as the main race for the Dominion of the Black.
>>
>>43526256
Question about this.
Pretend someone has a DM willing to allow this weapon.
Could you use the extendo arm to hold other weapons?
>>
>>43532680
>Self-heal ability that you can use off-turn on AoOs

This is neat.
>>
>>43530260
Oracle with a small dip in Gunslinger
>>
>>43532946
Mysterious Stranger's a hell of a drug.
>>
>>43532678
Warder with Iron Tortoise and Broken Blade
>>
>>43529506
I'm going to be playing a Brawler in Pathfinder soon, and I have a couple questions. One partly for fluff, the other a mechanical question.
Fluff-wise, I've set up my character as a pit fighter. I was thinking of taking Jabbing style later on when I could, since it feels like it fits. However, I'm pretty new to this whole Style Feat chain thing, so I'm probably missing one that fits it as well or better. Are there any other styles that would fir a Pit Fighter ratfolk?
Mechanic-wise, how should I use Combat Flexibility? Should I keep it to take stuff like Combat maneuvers and Combat reflexes and the like when I need them?
>>
>>43532946
Thinking specifically Haunted for the curse (Get levitate at level 10) and Bones or Ju Ju revelation (to fit the undead theme)
>>
>>43532816
I'd do the exact same thing.
Agreeing with JJ makes me feel a little bad.
>>
>>43533104
I've seen Brawlers built in two ways. First way is building them just like a normal character, focusing on specific tactics and the like, and using MF to bust out a useful trick in a fringe situation that they're not completely prepared for. The other way is to use their feats on pre-reqs, things like Dirty Fighting and Combat Reflexes, and then use MF as much as possible to change their fighting style all the time.

The first option is probably the better one to go with, unless you want to play a character who constantly shifts their fighting style and plays a jack of all trades, master of none in combat. Just keep in mind it'll require you to have an encyclopedic knowledge of the feats you're going to want available, and you're not going to get more than 3 at a time until level 20.
>>
>>43533265
Don't.

Never let the Man Covered In Shit argument sway how you feel. That way lies the depths of internet madness.

Everyone has valid thoughts and arguments, regardless of how much of a shitter they may be.
>>
>>43533338
But I hate the things he writes in the game, I find his opinions offensive and his disgusting fascination with dim-witted bimbos fills me with revulsion for him as a person.
>>
File: Tomaq.png (89KB, 514x739px) Image search: [Google]
Tomaq.png
89KB, 514x739px
>>43533310
Alright, I see. the first one does seem better, since Jack of All Trades never works out perfectly. Thanks!
>>
>>43532680
Oh, excellent.

In order:
-Faerie Fire is pretty nice flavor, and I actually see it really coming in handy as a level 1 free at-will ability.
-Flat extra damage is nice, and I like how it mechanically encourages the role as a defender of allies.
Though personally since the candle already boosts damage, I was slightly hoping for something more along the lines of a bonus to hit to offset the 3/4 BAB; since the harbinger and base mystic both have ways of improving their attack roll, and the stalker has their reroll stalker art.
Along with the candle, this means potentially up to double the character level in extra damage per hit, which may potentially get a bit crazy on multi-hit strikes.

-Free healing is nice, no reason to complain about it. I also think the image of someone dashing through the battlefield lighting up and their opponents in different colours and putting them out again as they fight is pretty great.

-At 17th level, the candle becomes an immortal scout thats only weakness is antimagic fields. That's cool, and a nice fluff ability to settle down as a magic mentor half a mile away while your candle goes and accompanies a new young adventurer in the dungeon. This does make me wonder though whether you can gain illumination if the candle is in a combat area, but you yourself are not.

Overall I'm still not certain on whether it quite matches up to the base class' abilities, but giving it stuff like this is definitely a big step in the right direction; previously it felt more like you were trading out two class features for only one in return.
>>
>>43533598
Hey, Listen!
>>
>>43532680
>>43533598
I actually find the idea of the knight-chandler being a super bursty but less accurate version of the mystic really interesting. It might still cause problems (although less at low levels which is where we're most scared of the "PoW is overPoWered" issue, right?), that's a neat way to differentiate them mechanically even more.

I really like the faerie fire -> turn off to heal ability, as well. It's just fluffy and cool.
>>
>>43533371
>dim-witted

That'd be low INT, not low WIS like his gals always have. Low WIS isn't stupidity (based on lack of formal education and study of subjects), but foolishness (based on lack of life experience).

He likes 'em naive, in other words.
>>
>>43533724
Low WIS could also be absent minded or forgetful, right?
>>
>>43533724
>>43533758
Another way to play a low wisdom character is specifically to have them be completely unobservant. A scholar who gets completely lost in his work, forgets to eat, doesn't realize when people don't want to hear him ramble about his theories, and similar things works just as well.

Basically, it's anybody with their head up their ass. You can be a genius and still not notice the things around you. Conversely, a high wisdom, low int character is someone who's down to earth and while they may not understand the details of everything, they can get the gist of it and have a way of understanding things and how they fit into the broader scheme of life. the big things is that they have perspective.
>>
>>43533371
Nothing wrong with liking bimbos, what's not to like is inability to reserve one's fetish for the appropriate time and place. Like 4chan.

Basically don't let good things become less valid because someone dumb likes them too.
>>
>>43533718
It's an interesting mechanical distinction but I'd actually expect it more to be the other way round: I see base Mystics as those who harness untamed arcane energy and use it to blow stuff up, and knight chandlers as slightly more refined versions, who temper the energy through morality into something relatively more disciplined.

Though I suppose it could easily also be the other way round depending on more detailed fluff.

I guess the caveat to getting the new extra damage pushes the Knight into being something more like a super flanker, and any enemy caught between one of these and a warlord with the candle next to them will have a really low chance of surviving into the next round.

...Actually, this is important.
>>43532680
"a knight-chandler deals additional damage equal to her initiator level on any attack she makes as part of a strike against an opponent that threatens one of her allies"
In this context, is 'one of her allies' intended to include the Knight herself?
>>
See, now I'm tempted to ask - is having no personal enemies a sign of high CHA or low?

You could argue either way -

>CHA as force of personality, low CHA is someone without enough of a personality to draw ire or even attention who doesn't actually believe in anything besides "what the people around me think"
>CHA as likability, high CHA means everyone thinks too highly of you to hold hostilty, even if you're ideological opposites

And this seems to be a problem that INT and WIS don't have. Why is CHA the only weird mental stat?
>>
>>43533911
I don't think either. A low CHA person could be a brutish thug, quite capable of making enemies.

CHA is weird because it's poorly defined to start with. Strength? Easy. Dexterity? Easy. Wisdom? Slightly trickier, but still easy. Charisma?

The fuck even IS charisma? Is it force of personality, looks, how likeable you are, what? It's a combination of so many different factors and can manifest in so many different ways.

That's why it's wierd.
>>
>>43533911
CHA has always been the weird mental stat because of how vaguely defined it is.

'CHA as likability' strikes me as too broad a sweep to use; it's not some sort of natural minor aura of charm person, it means you have a lot of social awareness and the confidence in yourself to constantly show off all the sides of yourself you're proud of.
And so a high-cha good aligned guy can come across as the glamorous hero to some and 'that annoying git who thinks he's such a goody two shoes and I can't seem to ignore or forget out' to others.
>>
>>43534024
Charisma is how effectively you are able to influence others. Scare them, seduce them, bargain with them, whatever. The Succubus and the Lich both have racial Charisma bonuses, but Liches aren't very pretty.

The arbitrary Paizo decision that Charisma reflects appearance is wrong, because Invisibility doesn't change your Charisma score any. Frankly, I see their decision as an excuse to justify their high-CHA bimbo waifus.
>>
>>43533898
>>43533718

It was, in fact, intended to be a bit more of a departure from the Mystic in that way. More detailed fluff could be made to make it fit, but it came from a mechanical choice first. The way I've decided to look at it is that the knight-chandler has a fierce power when defending her allies, overflowing to the point that they lose some of the more intricate magic that a mystic gets. While animus and illumination have the same source, neither is controlled fully, and they're refined in different ways. Gareth is the controller of the fluff for the knight-chandler, though, so you'd need to ask him when he wakes up.

We'll be running some more numbers to make sure it works alright, based on the feedback we get here, on GitP, and in other channels.

Regarding the ally thing, it's meant to be other allies. thanks for the catch
>>
Charisma only affects appearance if Constitution affects bust size
>>
>>43534147
>Regarding the ally thing, it's meant to be other allies. thanks for the catch

Hate to make it a bit more complicated, but this is still fairly easy to work around if you just keep an ally's familiar or psicrystal on your person/in your space at all times.

Oh god this is a variant of the kitten test what have I done
>>
File: but.. but... oh.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
but.. but... oh.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>43534226

... We're going to look into it. Tomorrow. When we're awake. I should sleep.

Augh.
>>
I'm going to be playing pathfinder for the first time today. I played 3rd edition about a decade ago I'm thinking of making a dwarven rogue. focused mostly on being a treasure hunter dungeon explorer.
>>
>>43534226
We wouldn't have this problem if not for paizo's sub-par wording.

Do suicidal or otherwise self-destructive people lose the ability to count themselves as their own ally?
>>
>>43534263
Before anyone else tells you how rogue is a bad choice, it should be fine if you play at the same level (player level, not character level) as the rest of your group.

Do look into the Unchained rogue though, from the Pathfinder Unchained book. It's a straight upgrade/patch to the core rogue.

>>43534257
Thanks for the replies, and good luck. It's a neat ability that I hope you can get working as intended.
>>
File: Sad Big Boss.jpg (59KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Big Boss.jpg
59KB, 700x394px
>>43534314
Make a will save against depression every time you want to consider yourself an ally.
>>
>>43534314
>>43534359

I had a character who sold potions of Charm Person as antidepressents. Since you're treated as the caster when you drink it, it makes you Friendly to yourself.
>>
>>43534328
Thanks, I believe all of the other players are fairly new. I'm more interested in roleplaying and problem solving than being a numbers crunching damage machine.
>>
>>43534413
Unchained Rogue is still better for that, it gets skill unlocks every 5 levels for free.
>>
>>43534381
That... is actually kind of clever.
>>
>>43534446
Yeah, I'm looking at it now. I'm pretty excited to get back into this.
>>
>>43534359
>>43534381
I want to laugh, but thinking about this actually makes me a little sad.
>>
>>43534413
Focus on social skills and become a master of disguise and stealth, then. Dexterity and Charisma are all you need, though since combat is inevitable, 12 Constitution is probably a good idea. In a game with all new players, you could probably go with a dagger or shortsword for your 3rd level Finesse Training option.
>>
>>43534466
Also used lycanthropy as an experimental treatment for willing evil beings who wanted to turn over a new leaf. Werebear'd them, turned them Lawful Good, and gave them a pamphlet on the changes, how to control without losing yourself, and the like, while still adjusting to the new outlook.

Checked up on them every so often. Most of the time, they ended up being fairly well-adjusted individuals.

>>43534494
Everyone in my D&D group has grappled with depression at some point in their lives (or is doing so currently). The humor is there, but the sadness is, too.
>>
>>43534512
Wouldn't the Atonement spell work? If they actually want to reform, Atonement can be used that way.
>>
>>43534512
>Everyone in my D&D group has grappled with depression at some point in their lives (or is doing so currently).

It's tough when you didn't plan on using CMB or CMD, but having allies use aid another can help.
>>
>>43534551
goddamnit
I laughed in spite of being in the thick of it
>>
File: laugh gif.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
laugh gif.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>43534551
I am totally stealing that joke next time that wording comes up irl.

>>43534545
Yeah, but they're slightly different. The redemption/temptation changes their alignment but does nothing to prevent a backslide. Lycanthropy was pulled out as an intervention of sorts. Someone was doing horrible things, and wanted to stop, but couldn't or wouldn't, so in a moment of regret, they took the chance when we offered it.
>>
>Starting at 9th level, when a knight-chandler hits a creature outlined by her illumination with an attack, she can choose to snuff out the light affecting that creature to heal herself for a number of hit points equal to half the damage dealt by her attack.

So let's estimate the potential healing here.
Assuming elemental flux focus, at 9th level your best single damage attack is probably a fully augmented Elemental Vortex for +11d6. You're probably in elemental flux stance for +2d6. With max illumination and attacking an enemy threatening an ally, that's +18.
Base weapon damage is... twohanding with power attack, 2d6+ 6+2+6, so 2d6+14?

15d6+32.
If you land that nova hit, that's an average of 84 damage, halved for 42, healing yourself a good 60% of your health assuming average HP and maybe 16 con. And all of this from free actions that don't interfere with your fighting.
Not bad at all.
>>
>>43534637

You also have to have hit them once, so that means it's gonna go off /after/ you've taken a bunch of damage. I like it a lot, it lets you self-heal and gives some staying power.
>>
>>43534655
Wait. Shit. This is another bag of rats scenario. Forrest, you need to add a clause about the opponents being "legitimate threats" or something. Leave it open-ended instead of making some clunky worded thing, but that might cause issues.
>>
>>43534712
I think the usual clause is "has HD greater than or equal to yours" or something similar.

Bag of rats is a legitimate thing to check against, I think Black Seraph has an ability that lets you intimidate [creatures] to heal or something, which means allies are fair game.
>>
>>43534748
HD greater than or equal to yours means that you only get it to work against things that aren't mooks. Maybe base it off CR. CR minus 2 or something.
>>
>>43534763
Why would you need to use it against mooks?
>>
>>43534763
HD-2 or more is better, especially when you consider that most monsters end up with more HD than their CR eventually. Hell, CR 20 stuff often has like 25 or more HD.

>>43534774
Death by 1000 cuts.
>>
>>43534774
Well, if this is the thing that gives you bonus damage against enemies threatening allies, I think that it shouldn't turn off against mooks. Or against even-CR enemies who happen to not be beefstick fights (plenty of outsiders, iirc).
>>
>>43534712
>>43534748
>>43534763

I don't think it's as bad as it seems.
First off, it heals you half the damage dealt, so if you deal 84 damage to a 10hp creature, you only heal 5hp.
Since you already needed to hit them once to light them up, and you presumably wanted to kill them off as fast as possible the first time as well, this is a significant limitation.

And second we look at Gareth's solid mechanical point against the use of PoW kitten tricks: you can do it, but that means you've just used up two standard actions lighting up and killing a kitten or worthless mook on the battlefield. Two standard actions you could have been using to damage an actual threat, and then you would have gotten equal or greater healing from that anyway.
Abusing the mechanic isn't actually very efficient here compared to actually using it properly.
>>
>>43534791
Outsiders and Undead fight with magucal abilities most of the time, yes. Moreso than animals, which are always beatsticks.
>>
>>43534875

>First off, it heals you half the damage dealt, so if you deal 84 damage to a 10hp creature, you only heal 5hp.

Wouldn't you deal 10 + con damage? Actually can't you deal more? Because you can survive past negative health given certain spells?
>>
>>43534875
That's not how damage dealt works broh. You dealt 84 damage, if the creature only had 10 HP then it goes down to -74.
>>
>>43534895
>>43534906
Yeah, it's only specific spells that drain life that have that limit.
>>
>>43534931
Dude, go to sleep. It's late and you're obviously not processing math well at the moment.
>>
>>43534895
>>43534906
Oh, that's true.

You deal 10+con damage.

I really don't think that a creature with around 12 con can go down to -74 without disintegrating along the way, though.

But in general it's certainly a nice ability but not quite as strong as it initially looks: unless you intentionally go easy with your first hit, your healing from hitting an enemy is going to be capped at half of (enemy con + enemy max hp - how much damage you already hit it for when you lit it up).
>>
>>43534954
You still deal 84 damage total though, and the body is at -74 even if it would "disintegrate" from that damage. That value exists because of things like Breath of Life which count up from that value.

And regardless of how much damage the body can reasonably take, you still dealt that much damage to the body, so you're going to heal 42 HP from it.
>>
Is pow a good system to emulate muh animes?
>>
>>43535071
It's pretty decent at it. I think that the soulknife, with its new archetypes (War Soul from PoW, Psychic Armory from Soulknife Expanded, and the Living Legend from their teaser for Psionics Augmented: Occult), it is pretty much /the/ most anime class DSP has.
>>
>>43535020
Kind of dubious; I feel like the limited version was more along the lines of what was intended, but we'll see what Forrest has to say tomorrow.

>>43535071
It's not called 'book of weeaboo fighting magic' for nothing.
>>
>>43535138
Fightan'.
>>
>>43535138
If the limited case is what's intended then they should state it more clearly, since there were three different versions of how much HP the attack would heal going around.
>>
>>43535163
thanks senpai
>>
>>43535184

Good thing they asked us, then. I'm still amazed by the fact that DSP is even /on/ 4chan looking for playtesting.
>>
>>43535199
All it took was a mention of 4chan on the gitp thread.
>>
>>43535331
I think the first post I saw Gareth make was a response to some guy who had been spamming a couple threads about how much that anon hated the Warder.

After Gareth proved who he was, I don't think I saw that anon post again.
>>
>>43535134
>>43535138
Fucking sweet as
>>
>>43535366
Trolls gotta troll bro
>>
>>43535369
>>43535134

I want to play a Living Legend who channels anime characters. Taboo of "you have to call your attacks."
>>
>>43535525
If you can, you'll want to get Five-Shadow Creeping Ice Enervation Strike.
>>
>>43535525
>Taboo of "you have to call your attacks."
You don't do that with PoW already?
>>
>>43535559
I actually have mostly played PoW characters as more "down to earth" fighters. Pragmatic fighting without many showy moves (plenty of flashy ones, but that's a side-effect and not intentional).

>>43535552
They don't get initiating, sadly. I guess I could use martial elixirs?

Is the Champion's mind blade a reference to Negima? I know that at least one DSP dev is a fan of that manga, and "Thousand Blades" makes me think of Rakan.
>>
Can someone rate these names for items/item abilities? I've always had trouble naming things and really wanted to try and make some good ones.

>Kingdom of the Sun
>Crashing Dawn
>Perfect Silver
>The Perfect Self
>Fate of Traitors
>Contextual Order
>Dead Man's Fortune
>The Masked Lantern
>>
>>43535659

I really like "Contextual Order." It feels like the sort of ability name you'd run into in Exalted.
>>
>>43535677
It's actually the name of a tower shield with an ancient set of orders written on it, supposedly one of the first set of orders created for modron kind. It's also the name of it's ability, which essentially opens up a small portion of the underpinnings of the planes, and gives an unsaveable suggestion effect.
>>
>>43535659
>Kingdom of the Sun 4
>Crashing Dawn 3
>Perfect Silver 5
>The Perfect Self 2
>Fate of Traitors 8
>Contextual Order 6
>Dead Man's Fortune 5
>The Masked Lantern 4

all out of 10
>>
>>43535721
On the IGN 7 being average scale, or the proper 5 being average scale.
>>
>>43535766
5 being a standard name that doesn't stand out as good or bad.
>>
>>43535721
>having this shit of taste in names
>>
>>43535766
Ok here are a few more:
>Foremost
>Nevermore
>Cargailen's Pride
>The Knuckled Crown
>The Could Have Been King (also a crown)
>Veiled Thread
>Body Out of Time
>The Cage That Binds
>The Black Thread of Fate
>The Spiral of Origin
>That Which Lays In The Dark
>Hero's Son
>Blood Barnacle
>Keller's First Transmissive Identity
>Crawford's Pill Box
>Proof of Purchase
>>
>>43535790
Ok I will go more in depth then.

>Kingdom of the Sun
Not very clear on what it does
>Crashing Dawn
Sounds like you just picked random adjectives and nouns and picked what stood out.
>Perfect Silver
Not terrible, would be cool for a ability that made a weapon silver or something.
>The Perfect Self
Very unclear on what it does or what it is.
>Fate of Traitors
Good paladin related thing, and I love me some paladins.
>Contextual Order
Unique, and could be pretty sweet
>Dead Man's Fortune
Pretty sure this is used a lot in other forms of entertainment, but it isn't shit.
>The Masked Lantern
Could be better, good direction though.
>>
>>43535858
>Foremost 1
Don't use this, like seriously it isn't even a name
>Nevermore 4
Only if it is a claymore
>Cargailen's Pride 5
Pretty standard, could be better if we knew who Cargailen is/was.
>The Knuckled Crown 7
Metal
>The Could Have Been King (also a crown) 7
Unique and could have some cool meanings
>Veiled Thread 5
standard name
>Body Out of Time 6
Seems unique
>The Cage That Binds 5
What else would it do?
>The Black Thread of Fate 1
Pretty weeb and cliche
>The Spiral of Origin 6
same as Body Out of Time
>That Which Lays In The Dark 4
super cliche, but could work if needed
>Hero's Son 5
standard
>Blood Barnacle 7
Another metal as fuck name
>Keller's First Transmissive Identity ?
Would have to know who Keller is and what his identity is.
>Crawford's Pill Box 5
Sounds like something from Binding of Isaac
>Proof of Purchase 6
Same as above, or just a fairly standard name
>>
>>43535860
Kingdom of the Sun is an ability for a Tattoo magic item that is called Crashing Dawn. It's a stylized sun.

Perfect Silver is itself a dagger. Its an unadorned bard with one edge sharpened, happened to be the macguffin in a game I ran.

The Perfect Self was one of the final rewards in a long running game I've been doing. It's a set of bandages with shape change abilities.

Fate of Traitors is an executionary weapon wielded by a character in a long running campaign of mine. He isn't a paladin and is in fact lawful evil.

Contextual Order is >>43535715

Dead Man's Fortune is a book that write's out the holder's future a day in advance, most holders end up dying rather quickly.

The Masked Lantern is a luck demigod.
>>
>>43535858
Proof of Purchase is just fucking hilarious, don't use it unless it's for comedic purposes
>>
>>43535974
I used Proof of Purchase as the name of the final super spell a bureaucracy wizard was creating in an attempt to fuck over the local tax office.
>>
>>43535971
With context these are pretty nice, overall I would rate your naming abilities to be a solid 6.5
>>
Currently in the middle of a campaign. Was pretty set on going 20 levels of control wizard (summons and status effects, no damage) but due to recent events and an out of character suggestion I'm debating taking a 2-3 level dip into Plague Bringer Alchemist

Should I? How much does it fuck up my control wizard beyond repair? Is this a situation where rule of cool trumps building a mechanically sound PC?
>>
>>43536011
All situations. It trumps it in all situations.
>>
>>43536021
I disagree. Being cool is great but not if it gets you splattered over a wall for hamstringing your character
>>
>>43536011
>Should I?
Hath thou forgotten optimization commandment №1?
And summons do damage just fine.
>>
>>43536080
Except getting splattered isn't cool. So you logically TRIED to invoke rule of cool, and failed.
>>
>>43536144
Exactly. I don't wanna be that guy who has a really cool concept that is just so mechanically unsound that it fails

>>43536116
Yes but I'm in a party of horrifically unoptomized PC's (rolled stats, new to the game/class they're playing, and one guy playing a 3pp class)
>>
File: jesus christ how horrifying.png (116KB, 444x440px) Image search: [Google]
jesus christ how horrifying.png
116KB, 444x440px
>>43536207
>one guy playing a 3pp class
Which class?
>>
>>43536236
Warlord

From Art of War by DreamScarred
>>
>>43536257
>>43536236

Path of War rather.

>its 3am give me a break
>>
QANON RETURNS AFTER SOME ACTUALLY PRETTY SERIOUS REAL LIFE ISSUES

WHAT HAS QANON MISSED?
>>
>>43536427
Apparently there's a Fightanman book coming out by one of the New Blood, and it has some actually pretty cool shit in it.
>>
I recall someone in this thread claiming that a low-level Spheres of Power caster would have a difficult time serving as an undead "minion master" of sorts.

Is that person still present? I am willing to write a 3rd-level build that showcases that a 3rd-level spherecaster can be an undead minion master, a debuffer, and an Intelligence-based skill monkey with excellent social skills as well.
>>
>>43536571
Not that guy, but I'd be interested.
>>
>>43536427
Welcome back m8
>>
Is it me, or is the mindblade magus totally gimped with how psychic magic is casted?
>>
File: poland.jpg (212KB, 835x1024px) Image search: [Google]
poland.jpg
212KB, 835x1024px
'sup /pfg/

How do you manage large swaths of low level undead minions?

Case in point: a lv5 juju oracle would be able to handle some 30 HD worth of skellies. Would you use a "skeleton swarm" creature, or have 30 lv1/3 creatures play on the same initiative, or something else?
>>
>>43536803
There's the Troop type that's for mobs of medium or thereabouts sized things. It's on the SRD.
>>
File: 401cdfa7253f25b0df00241774f1f1bb.jpg (896KB, 800x1084px) Image search: [Google]
401cdfa7253f25b0df00241774f1f1bb.jpg
896KB, 800x1084px
>>43536614

First of all, it is worth noting that the Death sphere is not actually evil. The reprinted skeleton and undead templates in Spheres of Power have no alignment stipulation. This is clarified further in the upcoming Death sphere handbook:

>Baseline, the Death sphere has no moral implications. Creatures of all alignments may reanimate undead to accomplish their goals.

I will not be using talents and feats from the Death sphere handbook; I will be keeping to Spheres of Power core and Spheres of Power: Expanded Options.

Level: 3
Race: Human, half-elf, or elf with Skill Focus as bonus feat
Class: Hedgewitch (Charlatanism, Triple Goddess) 1/incanter (channel negative energy, Death specialization) 1/sorcerer (focus sphere) 1
Key Ability Score: Intelligence 20

Traits:
Race: Aspiring Bard, or whatever other generic +1 Perform trait suits your fancy
Social: Clever Wordplay for Intelligence for Perform (sing)

Feats:
Bonus: Skill Focus (Perform [sing])
Level 1: Magnum Opus
Level 3: Persuasive Performer

Skill points before favored class: (6 + 5) + (2 + 5) + (2 + 5) = 25
3 guile points per day, each granting a +2 bonus to a skill check

Perform (sing) skill bonus:
3 ranks
+5 Intelligence modifier
+3 class skill
+1 trait
+3 Skill Focus
+5 Magnum Opus
Total: +20, can take 15 whenever you would be able to take 10, can use Perform (sing) in place of Bluff, Diplomacy, and Sense Motive
Note that you can actually meet the completion goal for Magnum Opus during downtime, since even before the completion bonus, you have Perform (sing) +15 and can hit 30 by taking 15

Incanter level grants channel negative energy 3 + 5 Intelligence modifier = 8 times per day, 1d6 negative energy

Talents: 2 talents base + 2 talents from hedgewitch + 3 talents from incanter + 2 talents from sorcerer = 9 total
Death sphere
Drain
Empowered Reanimate
Greater Ghost Strike
Greater Reanimate
Greater Reanimate
Greater Reanimate
Lingering Necromancy
Advanced Talent: Permanent Undead

(Continued.)
>>
Pathfinder: In which my players cover a vampire in crystals, punt her off the truck, then hit her with an elementally powered Mack truck going 60mph.
>>
File: a9d23573e640f48236814a208c72126f.png (638KB, 890x1246px) Image search: [Google]
a9d23573e640f48236814a208c72126f.png
638KB, 890x1246px
>>43536884

Drawbacks:
Magical Signs, never matters because Death is flashy anyway
Prepared Caster, never matters because Death is your only sphere
Skilled Casting (Perform [sing]), never matters because you can always hit the DC
Verbal Casting

Total spell points: 3 from levels + 5 from Int mod + 3 from drawbacks = 11 per day

Caster level for Death sphere: 3 from levels + 1 from incanter specialization + 1 from sorcerer focus sphere = 5th, increases to temporary caster level 6th with a 2,000 gp Death staff +1 (which ironically need not actually be a staff)

So, we have here a Versatile Performance-slinging skill monkey who sports an impressive Perform (sing) +20 and the ability to take 15 with it, which is used in place of Bluff, Diplomacy, and Sense Motive checks. Good for using rhetoric to explain to people that, no, this necromancy you are using is, in fact, morally neutral.

Three iterations of the Greater Reanimate talent along with the Permanent Undead talent means you can maintain total undead HD equal to 5 times your permanent Death sphere caster level, which should be a total of 15 in this character's case.

The character's undead gain a +4 enhancement bonus to Strength and Dexterity, so they pack a greater punch and have a little more survivability than usual.

The character can spend 1 spell point on Ghost Strike to fire off a ranged touch attack that exhausts the target for 6 rounds (Fortitude DC 18 negates). If they spend an additional spell point, this instead becomes a cone with a range of Close.

Instead of attempting to exhaust people with a 1 spell point ghost strike, the character can try to impose 1d2 negative levels, no save. The best part about this is that each undead who gets hit by this gains 5 temporary hit points per negative level they would have gained, so this can be used to bolster undead both in combat (while also debuffing enemies) and out of combat.

Channel negative energy covers undead healing.

Is this decent enough for tier 3?
>>
File: Page 01.jpg (801KB, 1238x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Page 01.jpg
801KB, 1238x1631px
>>43536449
WE LOOKIN FOR THIS JIMJAM? I'LL GIVE IT A PEEK-SEE AND LET YOU KNOW
>>
>>43536983
Are there 9000 spells that summon weapons, caster archetypes that grant free weapons, and not-maneuvers feats that require spellcraft (or combat expertise)?
>>
>>43536427
Do you know much of what's in Bestiary 5?
>>
>>43536257
Art of War would've been a better name desu, goddamn would it have been better
>>
File: Table of Contents.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Table of Contents.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
>>43537008
MUCH? QANON KNOWS ALL, MOTHERFUCKERS
>>
>>43537000
I distinctly remember hearing that there were apparently no new spells in it.
>>
>>43537044
CONFIRMED, 0 SPELLS, MOSTLY COMBAT FEATS AND ARCHETYPES, ALSO A CUSTOM WEAPON CONSTRUCTION SYSTEM
>>
>>43537041
>Tulpa is not a familiar
>>
File: Pages 12-13.jpg (1MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 12-13.jpg
1MB, 2512x1631px
>>43537056
IT'S GONNA TAKE ME A BIT TO GET THE WHOLE BOOK PREPPED FOR SHARE

BUT I'M NOTHING IF NOT GENEROUS AND HARDWORKING

HAVE A SAMPLE FOR NOW BROS
>>
>>43537056
The custom weapon creation system was linked earlier and it blows.
>>
>>43537108
WOULDN'T KNOW, I DON'T READ THE BOOK TOO CLOSE UNTIL IT'S READY FOR UPLOAD SO I CAN DISCOVER IT WITH YOU FUCKERS

IT'S ALMOST LIKE HAVING FRIENDS TO READ THE BOOK WITH
>>
>>43537041
Could you please post an ayylmao?
>>
File: GRAYYLIEN.jpg (998KB, 1256x1631px) Image search: [Google]
GRAYYLIEN.jpg
998KB, 1256x1631px
>>43537123
YOUR WAYYSH IS MY LMMAND, OR SOME WITTY SHIT ALONG THOSE LINES
>>
File: worried.jpg (6KB, 197x256px) Image search: [Google]
worried.jpg
6KB, 197x256px
>>43537145
>probe (su)

Can I get this as a bard?
>>
>>43537041
dafuq is a manuwhatever
>>
>>43537145
>Sleep Paralysis
>Probe

It's everything I thought it'd be.
>>
>>43537169
Your google-fu is weak

"Manasaputras (Sanskrit) [from manasa intelligent from manas mind + putra son, child] Sons of mind. Mind manifesting in the universe is called mahat; when manifesting in particular entities it is called manas. Manasa signifies beings who are endowed with the fire of self-consciousness which enables them to carry on trains of self-conscious thought and meditation. Hence the manasaputras are children of cosmic mind, a race of dhyani-chohans particularly evolved along the lines of the manasic principle."
>>
>>43537145
All in favor of collectively agreeing that in their language they're called "Ailmao" or somesuch?
>>
>>43537198
I wanted to see the pages dingus
>>
>>43537145
Thanks heaps bro!
>>
I need help deciding between cleric or druid, Which class does a better job of buffing/controlling the battlefield/helping out with the post combat healing while still being a pretty decent martial?

I'm currently gravitating towards the druid just because you can have your animal companion babysit the casters.
>>
>>43537169
Half of the list seems to be in Japanese, Russian or Sanskrit.
>>
File: Pages 162-163.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 162-163.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
>>43537169
SOME KIND OF POSITIVE ENERGY BUDDHIST LICH OR SOME SHIT

SORRY BESTIARIES ARE FUCKING HUGE AND I DON'T HAVE ALL THE PAGES READY
>>
lel, pf players

>One is an extremely insecure overweight man in his 50s. He masks his insecurity by being very proud of all of his awesomeness. He has some legitimate awesome in his life. He has an IQ over 160, and he brags about it. I know he's not lying. I've had conversations with him and his memory is borderline eidetic. He has read thousands of books and can bring relevant ones into any conversation, always citing sources on the fly. He's very proud of reading, too, since he's also diagnosed as dyslexic. I found out that he wasn't lying about that one day when I had some "read-aloud text" that I was handing out to the players to read aloud instead of me. When we got to his turn to read some text aloud, he was visibly nervous and shaking. He stumbled over everything he read, and I immediately tried to take it back and apologize, but he wouldn't let me. "I made it through 3000 books, I can make it through this," he insisted.
>Anyway, lots of things are not great in his life. He's a genius, but never parlayed it into cash, even though he's in tech. He's overweight, and lost his fiancée and hasn't had a girl since. Literally for years. Maybe a decade now. He's slightly a hoarder, so we never have games at his place. He will flatly confess that he wants everyone to think very highly of him, despite his issues. As you may imagine, this means he has to try really hard, and cover up lots of stuff.
>All of that is a recipe for a person who cannot handle having the spotlight OFF him at the gaming table. He would like to be the center of attention, and he would like to be the character that saves the day. I've written about him before—all his stories are about how he saved everyone every time (in the game world, or even the real world), and reality be damned. When you start to get a grip on his insecurity and (bruised) ego, you start to understand why the guy is pretty desperate to have every roll go well. It's because nothing else in his life has gone well.
>>
>>43537222
Cleric is better at buffing, druid is better at battlefield control. Both are good at smashing faces if you build them that way. Post-combat healing is a non-issue since it should be done with wands anyway, but thanks to spontaneous cure spells and channel energy, Clerics can save you some money there.
>>
File: Pages 164-165.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 164-165.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
>>43537232
>>
File: Pages 166-167.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 166-167.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
>>43537266
>>
File: Pages 168-169.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 168-169.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
>>43537277
>>
>>43537233
>The other two cheaters are women. The young girl is simply fragile. She likes to talk enthusiastically how she got a string of 9 nat 20s at her last game. She has no idea about probability, that what she's suggesting has odds of 512 billion to 1 against her. She says strings of hot rolls like that happens to her regularly, because her dice "love her." Hearing that story I immediately assign her luck to a different cause: cheating. So I watch, and she does all the tricks - rolls into her covered dice bag so no one can see it, rolls on the table when forced but then snatches up the die, etc. So one game I literally stood up over my GM screen and watched each roll - essentially babysitting her and treating her like a total cheater who needed to be monitored. It's kinda rude, so nobody expects me to do that. But I'm OK with rude, and it's useful to surprise cheaters like that, so over the course of combat, all her declared nat 20s are wiped out and she's forced to reroll all of them, and all the visibly confirmed rolls are terrible. To compensate, she tries to do stat inflation, telling me her bonuses are like +30. So I ask to see her sheet or be walked through the bonuses, and then I start removing not-legit things.
>So she contributes nothing to combat. By the 3rd round of not being successful, she was borderline in tears. Not because she was caught - that didn't seem to bother her or embarrass her (or reform her; she doggedly kept trying to cheat every roll, every time). Instead, what seemed to make her cry was the "You are not useful here" or the "You failed to contribute" type of emotion. Her character was her avatar. She wanted to realize great things through them. When she was brought back to reality, I got the feeling it was a little bit too jarring, like she wasn't soaring up away from her mundane days here on Earth. Rather, I caught her, put chains on her, and brought her back to the ground. I think it really dashed her hopes. I actually felt bad.
>>
>>43537145
Probe is not the genital probe
But that's what ayy lmao's are known for
>>
HAIL BASED QANON
>>
>>43537277
Solars better be goddamn reworked with the mythic rules
>>
>>43537277
Is that fucking Kars
>>
>>43537041
Could you please post the Pakalchi Sahkil?
>>
>>43537331
>LG
Nah.
>>
File: Page 216.jpg (1009KB, 1256x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Page 216.jpg
1009KB, 1256x1631px
>>43537350
THE SHIT IS A SAHKIL

HERE YOU GO

OH IT'S AN EVIL PSYCHOPOMP

KINDA HOT THOUGH
>>
>>43537402
Annunaki?
>>
>>43537233
>>43537294
What are those from?
>>
File: Pages 028-029.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 028-029.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
>>43537410
THE HELL IS THIS, A FUCKING GUNDAM OOMPA LOOMPAH?
>>
>>43537402
Thanks bro, keep 'em coming if you will

WHAT THE GODDAMN FUCK IS UP WITH HER ART?
Shelyn's BDSM brother better not be sowing his wild oats
>>
>>43537419
A story about cheating saddos in PF society
>>
>>43537423
He's actually a pretty cool dude.

Got accused of being problematic or some shit, and he's just tryin' to do the best he can.
>>
Is Path of War just ToB?
>>
>>43537439
He can squash the naysays because he's fucking mythic
>>
>>43537078
>Angry Dorf style
Actually prettt darn good.
>Elven Battle Style
decent, even if feat heavy
>Illusive Gnome
This is shit
>Orc Rampage
Worse version of black seraph+BS Glare/Cornugon Smash, requires shitty wep familiarity trait, with subpar weapons. A SHIT
>>
>>43537456
>Complains because is worse than PoW

Might wanna check where you're sittin', mate.
>>
File: Pages 210-211.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 210-211.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
>>43537430
IT'LL BE SLOW SINCE I'M DOING MORE THAN ONE THING WHILE I PREP THEM FOR SHARING

BUT HERE HAVE THESE TRICKSY MOTHERFUCKERS

NEW PHYREXIA AND- I CAN'T EVEN THINK OF A GOOFIER NAME THAN A DRAGON MADE OF ROPE.
>>
>>43537473
>Rope Dragons

This is the best thing.
>>
>>43537450
it's ToB 1.5, basically, and the second book is the 2.0
>>
>>43537432
Might you provide the sauce?
>>
>>43537499
>While this may cause the rope dragon’s unwitting transporter to experience an inexplicably dwindling food supply, in the end, a rope dragon doesn’t want to be left in some monster’s lair. The carrier of a rope dragon is in for a real surprise when she gets into a fight that she can’t win on her own and her rope comes to life to assist in fending off the monster.

I love that hook and I will be using it at the first opportunity.
>>
>>43537078
Holy fuck there are some bafflingly awful feats in there. People on the product page made it seem kinda interesting, wow.

I particularly like the part where they promised Slipslinger Style was going to work well with halfling slingstaffs but then made it require Weapon Focus (sling).
>>
>>43537518
That's adorable
>>
I...i think i might have to buy 2 copies of Bestiary 5
>>
>>43537145
I can't say I imagined grays as 3 foot tall midgets. Weird.
>>
File: Page 085.jpg (890KB, 1256x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Page 085.jpg
890KB, 1256x1631px
FUCK BRO I WANT ONE THESE FOR A PET
>>
Is there any actual way to be able to oneshot something using sneak-attack, or is it just pointless? I can manage to get like, roughly about +4-5d6 higher than I should by level, and max it out with underhanded, but it still just kinda... doesn't really do a lot.
>>
File: Pages 086-087.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 086-087.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
HEY YOU KNOW WHAT EVERYONE LOVES? DRAGONS. LET'S GO
>>
>>43537527
> In addition, you treat all ranged/thrown weapon with sling in the name as if they were slings.

So y'know.
It kinda doesn't matter.
>>
File: Pages 088-089.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 088-089.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
>>43537568
WHOOPS MISSED. I MEAN, STILL RELATED, BUT I WANTED THE ACTUAL DRAGON.
>>
>>43537570
Would throwing a gunslinger count?
>>
>>43537566
Once you get to higher levels (Like 12+) a maxed out sneak attack might be enough to one-shot humanoid characters with NPC classes and not a lot of levels.

That should include any nobility or royalty in your setting if you aren't playing with WoW rules.
>>
File: Pages 090-091.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 090-091.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
SLEEPY TIME DRAGON BREATHES LIGHTNING APPARENTLY. KIND OF SAD IT'S NOT SAND
>>
>>43537585
no, but throwing a guy named Ryan Gosling would
>>
File: Pages 092-093.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 092-093.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
SPOOKY GHOST DRAGON IS SPOOKY GHOST
>>
File: Pages 094-095.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 094-095.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
BAD TOUCH DREAM TIME DRAGON PLEASE GO I NEED MY BEAUTY SLEEP
>>
>>43537592
That sleepytime dragon looks awesome.
>>
File: Pages 096-097.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 096-097.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
PAPER DRAGON MY FAVOURITE

HE TURNED UP AT DRAGON TRAINING AND THEY ASKED HIM "WHAT BREATHE? FIRE BREATHE? ICE BREATHE?" AND HE SAID "YES."
>>
File: its a map idiot.jpg (307KB, 818x1100px) Image search: [Google]
its a map idiot.jpg
307KB, 818x1100px
these dragons are hilarious if you read the Psionic Bestiary
>>
File: Page 037.jpg (946KB, 1256x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Page 037.jpg
946KB, 1256x1631px
BUT REALLY WE ALL KNOW WHAT WE'RE HERE FOR: PLAYABLE GODDAMN RACES! TIME TO FILTER FEED, MOTHERFUCKERS
>>
>>43537626
Grim Reaper? Wondering what the picture looks like, let alone the stats.
>>
File: Pages 134-135.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 134-135.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
>>43537682
FUN FACT, THE COLLECTIVE NOUN FOR GRIM REAPERS IS APPARENTLY A "MURDER"
>>
>>43537681
That's kinda cool.
>>
>>43537681
Elans: paizo edition. But not requiring food is clearly OP, not to mention immortality, so have this carefully balanced "I have no mouth but I must eat" the race.
>>
File: Page 066.jpg (978KB, 1256x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Page 066.jpg
978KB, 1256x1631px
EVER WANTED TO DETONATE ON DEATH, BUT DIDN'T WANT TO BE A KINETICIST FOR SOME WEIRD REASON? TA-FUCKING-DA!
>>
File: Page 070.jpg (968KB, 1256x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Page 070.jpg
968KB, 1256x1631px
DUNNO, SOMETHING ABOUT THIS ASSHOLE SEEMS FISHY.
>>
File: Page 186.jpg (968KB, 1256x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Page 186.jpg
968KB, 1256x1631px
ORANG-PENDAK: SIMILAR TO, BUT LEGALLY DISTINCT FROM, THE ORANG-PENDEK.
>>
File: Page 202.jpg (973KB, 1256x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Page 202.jpg
973KB, 1256x1631px
OH FUCK REPTILLIANS ARE SECRETLY REPLACING OUR VILLAGE ELDERS
>>
>>43537681
Is not needing to eat food REALLY a power we need to balance around? :/
>>
File: death.jpg (104KB, 609x800px) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
104KB, 609x800px
>>43537695
>grim reaper
>kills things
What the fuck.
>>
File: Page 227.jpg (991KB, 1256x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Page 227.jpg
991KB, 1256x1631px
BEEP BOOP I WAS DESIGNED FOR MAXIMUM SUFFERING
>>
>>43537723
WHAT THE CHRIST
>>
>>43537723
That venerable age thing is pretty strange considering they changed randomly in Shadow over Innsmouth.

Why ape Lovecraft if you wont even be faithful to it?
>>
File: Pages 138-139.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 138-139.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
NO MORE PLAYABLE RACES HAVE MORE WACKY SHIT
>>
>>43537741
Gotta save some of that starting gold for rations, yo!
>>
WHY/HOW THE FUCK ARE PAIZO BESTARIES SO GODDAMN AMAZING
>>
>>43537741
Despite the flavour text, it doesn't actually obviate your need for food. You still have to absorb the nutrients out of it, which consumes it.
>>
>>43537780
BESTIARIES
>>
>>43537780
have you read the bestiary with the tooth fairies
they aren't all good ideas
>>
File: Page 026.jpg (941KB, 1256x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Page 026.jpg
941KB, 1256x1631px
HEY LOOK THIS IS NECESSARY!
>>
File: Page 030.jpg (959KB, 1256x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Page 030.jpg
959KB, 1256x1631px
ALRIGHT FUCK THIS IS ADORABLE THOUGH
>>
>>43537783
That's what I meant. They thought that was a powerful ability that mattered or something, so they didn't hand it out.
>>
>>43537738
>1 week
Changelings are clearly OP too.
>>
>>43537810
How long till someone wants to raise one as a googirl familiar?
>>
File: Page 067.jpg (882KB, 1256x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Page 067.jpg
882KB, 1256x1631px
>>43537828
APPROXIMATELY NOW PROBABLY
>>
>>43537810
You can have a loli, but only in your basement.
>>
File: Page 098.jpg (893KB, 1256x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Page 098.jpg
893KB, 1256x1631px
>>43537848
(OR AT NIGHT)

YOU SAY THAT LIKE IT'S A DOWNSIDE

WELCOME TO DRAGONRIDERS OF PERN
>>
>>43537833
so does it ever DO anything with the souls?
>>
>>43537854
This guy's a reprint from Reign of Winter.
>>
File: Pages 106-107.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 106-107.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
THE ART FOR THIS IS REALLY PLEASING
>>
>>43537663
Oh believe me, I've fucking noticed.
>>
File: Page 110.jpg (880KB, 1256x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Page 110.jpg
880KB, 1256x1631px
THE ART FOR THIS IS NOT

JESUS CHRIST WHY DOES IT HAVE TITS

WHOSE FETISH IS THIS
>>
File: Pages 112-113.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 112-113.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
OH SHIT RED PANDA FAMILLIAR TIME FOR A NEW TUMOUR ALCHEMIST
>>
>>43537888
My god. Rusalka morph from Eclipse Phase all over again.
>>
>>43537041
Is there a pdf of this shit out somewhere?
>>
File: Pages 122-123.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 122-123.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
MORE GIANTS, NICE
>>
>>43537900
I love that they decided a red panda was the same threat as a 1st level PC classed NPC. It's just as dangerous as an orc barbarian, apparently.
>>
>>43537288
senpai she is a qt
>>
File: Page 121.jpg (987KB, 1256x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Page 121.jpg
987KB, 1256x1631px
>>43537917
I GET IT, SUN, MOON, ECLIPSE, VERY SASSY
>>
>>43537917
Those are kinda cool.
>>
>>43537663
Why?
>>
>>43537738
A FULL WEEK TO PREVENT ME FROM PLAYING A REAL FUCKING CHANGELING, THANKS PAIZO.
>>
File: Pages 142-143.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 142-143.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
I'LL TAKE TWELVE
>>
>>43537888
THIS IS NOT MONSTERGIRL, THIS IS NOT FURRY, THIS IS NOT SCALY. WHAT KIND OF HERESY IS THIS
Checked
>>43537900
Trylobites!
>mfw every single paleontologist character gets one
>>
>>43537959
I bet there is a feat tax to do it faster, like http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/racial-feats/realistic-likeness-kitsune
>>
File: Pages 130-131.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 130-131.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
APOCALYPTIC NANODOOM SPLITTING A PAGE WITH A GODDAMN POKÈMON, I LOVE IT.
>>
File: 71.png (48KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
71.png
48KB, 700x500px
>>43537980
That Gremlin looks like it came from Overlord.
>>
This fucking bestiary is a riot
>>
>>43537900
LOOK HOW FIERCE IT IS
>>
>>43537712
Elans have powerful protection abilities and aren't obnoxiously conspicuous shadow-people that don't work at all in actual roleplaying.
>>
File: Page 146.jpg (936KB, 1256x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Page 146.jpg
936KB, 1256x1631px
WHAT THE SHIT IS THIS MESS? IT CAN'T WALK WITHOUT DRAGGING ITS FAT ASS, IT CAN'T SWIM WITHOUT FLAILING ITS GIMPY LEGS, WHAT USE IS IT?
>>
>>43537900
>all those new familiars
>They give the shittiest of bonuses
>Chicken doesnt even supply the master with eggs
>>
>>43537810
>>
>>43537041
Monsters as PCs? Is that the same as in bestiary 1 or is it its own section?
>>43536983
What's the Relic Master? The Fighter archetype?
>>
File: Pages 156-157.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 156-157.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
ONE OF THESE IS ADORABLE AND ONE OF THESE IS UGLY I WILL LEAVE THE CLASSIFICATION AS AN EXERCISE FOR THE READER

>>43538008
LOOK BUDDY I DON'T THINK ANY DM IN THE WORLD IS GOING TO SAY "NO SORRY CHICKENS DON'T LAY EGGS IF THEY'RE INFUSED WITH MAGIC" AND IF THEY DO YOU PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE WITH AN EGG HELD IN YOUR FIST SO THE EGG SHATTERS AND SPLATS ONTO HIS FACE AND DROOLS INTO HIS SHIRT
>>
File: Pages 26-27.jpg (1MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 26-27.jpg
1MB, 2512x1631px
>>43538031
>>
>>43538008
Maybe its a cock in disguise.
>>
>>43538031
EVEN FUCKING BETTER

>APPENDIX 4: MONSTERS AS PCS
>For simple rules on using monsters as player characters, see page 313 of the Pathfinder RPG Bestiary.

PERFECT SHIT RIGHT?
>>
File: Page 158.jpg (922KB, 1256x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Page 158.jpg
922KB, 1256x1631px
WHAT A WEIRD CURSE.

C'MERE CUTIE SPRITE YOU CAN LIVE UNDER MY DECK
>>
>>43537810
So they made two new Changeling substitutes, made only one playable, and still forced severe handicaps on the one you would WANT to play even though you can't.
>>
File: Page 179.jpg (889KB, 1256x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Page 179.jpg
889KB, 1256x1631px
>>43538070
OH SNAP IT'S AN IMPROVED FAMILIAR, I WANT IT NOW

>BEAUTIFUL WOMAN
>>
>>43538093
Its not over as long as the fat lady sings.

>>43538070
>Not having a tiny aristocratic lady as your familiar.

Why live?
>>
File: Page 174.jpg (948KB, 1256x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Page 174.jpg
948KB, 1256x1631px
SARUMON WHY ARE YOU A DOG NOW?
>>
>>43538093
What the hell is wrong with her face?
>>
File: Pages 180-181.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 180-181.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
NEAT I GUESS? EASIER THAN JUST GIVING ALL THE PCS THOSE "BORN FROM TERRIFYING LAMASHTU THING" STATS?
>>
>>43537833
This seems like a cock encounter, it's CR 14, kills AND steals soul in one action, is arbitrarily harder to chase down after that happens, and the crisis can only be fixed by spells a leve 14 party doesn't have.
>>
>>43538125
What are you talking about? It's a beautiful woman.
>>
File: Page 196.jpg (968KB, 1256x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Page 196.jpg
968KB, 1256x1631px
OH MY GOD THIS ART IS AMAZING, WHAT IS THIS, PHIL FOGLIO?
>>
>>43538093
>This Beautiful, woman.

The fuck is with that comma there? Do they not have people checking for errors like that?
Or am I just going insane and that's proper grammar.
>>
>>43537748
I like this one, definitely going to make her my waifu oracle cohort.
>>
>>43538105
Jesus Christ the art is fucking terrifying
>>
File: Pages 240-241.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 240-241.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
CONSTRUCTS MADE OF TAXIDERMY. I FUCKING LOVE IT.
>>
>>43538147
Because that is not a beautiful woman, in fact she's grotesque
>>
>>43538036
>Up to 25
25 Leshies combining into a single flytrap leshy is some kind of fucking CR 20+ creature or some shit. That's crazy.
>>
File: layers-of-white-34 welcome back.jpg (313KB, 1717x1200px) Image search: [Google]
layers-of-white-34 welcome back.jpg
313KB, 1717x1200px
>>43538070
I want to use this, but I think of pic related every time I see a moth woman.
>>
>>43537888
>Charm person
>unnatural lust
>confusion
>daze
>charm monster
>gets'em drunk with a slam

oh it wants to celebrate *something* alright.

>CN
I guess the mind-fucking rapebeast "balances out" because "it rapes men too" they'll say?
>>
>>43538093
What the fuck is that
>>
>>43538220
Silly anon, men can't be raped.
>>
File: Page 243.jpg (979KB, 1256x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Page 243.jpg
979KB, 1256x1631px
I CAN HEAR THE FUCKER SCREAMING "WHEEEEEEE"
>>
File: Pages 254-255.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 254-255.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
HERE'S YOUR FUCKING TULPA I GUESS
>>
File: Page 258.jpg (910KB, 1256x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Page 258.jpg
910KB, 1256x1631px
WOW THIS IS JUST KIND OF FUCKING GROSS ACTUALLY YEP.
>>
File: Pages 264-265.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 264-265.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
HUH SHE'S PRETTY CUTE ISN'T SHE
>>
File: SarumanSW-cb169838.jpg (173KB, 1000x1261px) Image search: [Google]
SarumanSW-cb169838.jpg
173KB, 1000x1261px
>>43538172
That's only because the subject is terrifying.
>>
>>43538284
That's a dude, dude.
>>
File: Pages 268-269.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 268-269.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
NICE THIS IS FUCKIN METAL
>>
>>43538284
>she
>>
>>43538291
>>43538299
8/10 WOULD STILL GET DANCED THE FUCK ON
>>
>>43538294
hnn
>>
File: lJe21nn.jpg (66KB, 853x960px) Image search: [Google]
lJe21nn.jpg
66KB, 853x960px
>>43538284
>>43538291
>>43538299
>>43538310
>>
>>43538284
Nice, they're consensual rapists
>>
File: Pages 280-281.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 280-281.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
CAN YOU MAKE A WYRMWRAITH AND A DRACOLICH FROM THE SAME DRAGON? CAN WE START THIS CONVERSATION AGAIN BUT WITH DRAGONS INSTEAD OF DUDES?
>>
>>43538354
Given that it's not a template and they arise spontaneously, I'm gonna be a Debbie Downer and say no
>>
File: Pages 282-283.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 282-283.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
SYMPHONIES

IF THAT ISN'T THE CUTEST FUCKING THING
>>
>>43537681
Astomoi seem cool, especially for those who want to be a truly strange being.

I have to ask why Astomoi still absorb nutrients from food though, couldn't they have just been given something about eating thoughts or something? Also consuming the nutrients probably wouldn't change what the food looks like, so can't you just pass by everyone's food in a restaurant, leaving the food tasting and looking the same and filling up the stomach so everyone THINKS they've eaten? Couldn't you do this over and over until someone starves to death, making it seem like some wasting disease?
>>
>>43538390
I'm liking this fleshing out of elemental stuff. Mephits are lame.
>>
>>43538294
HOLY FUCK IS THAT ARTORIAS
>>
File: Pages 008-009.jpg (2MB, 2512x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Pages 008-009.jpg
2MB, 2512x1631px
ALRIGHT IT'S SLEEPY TIME FOR GOOD LITTLE QANONS, I'LL BE BACK LATER TODAY WITH MORE PAGES FOR ALL THE BOYS AND GIRLS

>>43538419
RIGHT? THE ONLY GOOD THING TO COME OUT OF THE KINETICIST IS THE FACT THAT THEIR EYES TURNED BACK TO ELEMENTS.
>>
>>43538436
Holy fuck it's an aeon that doesn't look like a idiotic clipart blob. It's a miracle.
Thanks for the monsters bro
>>
>>43538294
Using this or its art or its concept ASAP.
>>
File: Page 010.jpg (870KB, 1256x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Page 010.jpg
870KB, 1256x1631px
>>43538449
YOU'RE RIGHT CAN'T LEAVE WITH THAT GOTTA REASSERT THE CLIPART BLOBS ASAP
>>
>>43538465
That's a pretty good Aeon to have show up in a low level campaign.
>>
>>43538436
Aeon of Gains and Cardio.
>>
>>43538465
>just as likely to assist in the repair of a light source as they are to seek the destruction of an object casting too much shadow

Wow, they're just as likely to make more light as they are to make more light? Man, these guys are CAPRICIOUS!
>>
When crafting a magic item that gives, for example, a +5 Competence Bonus to Stealth, is there any way to change what bonus type it gives, and if so, how? I can't seem to find it in the rules.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm digging through 3.5 and PF content and trying to find as many things as possible to boost Sneak Attack, but like 90% of them all come with a +Stealth bonus tacked on, and all of them are the same goddamn bonus type, which means I'm burning gold left and right trying to get this shit to work.
>>
>>43538436
This is so weirdly SPECIFICALLY vague I'm having trouble understanding what I'm actually supposed to do with it as a DM. Like it's some massively influential CR 18 entity that is supposed to kickstart your campaign by telling you not to give some homeless guy a piece of bread? How do you make its literally unknowable whims with no discernable impact actually feel important?
>>
File: Houri Update.jpg (57KB, 513x720px) Image search: [Google]
Houri Update.jpg
57KB, 513x720px
Incidentally folks, just to touch base - we appreciate the Chandler feedback so far, and will be addressing it/making edits at some later point today. I'd be doing it now except I need to leave for work here in twenty minutes and I need to drink this coffee before all these spiders eat my brain. Feel free to save links or screencaps; I might need to ask for them back.

Thanks again for taking a look, folks.
>>
>>43538592
Many Aeons are like that. There are several ways i see to use this though.
The first is obviously that the creature is an excellent vessel for reincarnating a dead PC or NPC.

The second is that a PC or NPC that has been reincarnated could have this creature altering their life, which could be either a hindrance and make it an enemy or a benefit and an ally.

The third is to fuck with anyone that picks a samsaran.
>>
File: 1290532883736.jpg (75KB, 611x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1290532883736.jpg
75KB, 611x1000px
>>43538546
Can you give an example of an item that describes what you want.

Normally, you can't craft a magic item that gives a bonus on a skill check that gives a bonus besides competence.

The only example I can think of is a Stone of Good Luck (Luckstone), but that gives a luck bonus on several different types of checks.

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/stone-of-good-luck-luckstone
>>
>>43538465
See this guy at least looks three-dimensional. The original aeons are just lazy-looking.
>>
>>43538790
A way to get an Insight bonus, circumstance bonus, untyped bonus, or whatever the hell other type of bonus that ISN'T competence, so that I'm not screwed out of yet more gold to make a shitty concept kinda vaguely work, way later, with a lot of effort.
>>
>>43538790
AMULET OF
WORDTWISTING
Price (Item Level): 6,000 gp (10th)
Body Slot: Throat
Caster Level: 5th
Aura: Faint; (DC 17) divination
Activation: — and standard (command)
Weight: —
Strips of torn and knotted scrolls seem to make
up this amulet. You can discern a few letters
in red ink on the tightly rolled parchment, but
these symbols are warped and meaningless.
An amulet of wordtwisting grants you a
+2 insight bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy,
Intimidate, and Sense Motive checks.
This is a continuous effect and requires
no activation.
If you are an orc wearing an amulet
of wordtwisting, you instead gain a +4
insight bonus on the indicated skill
checks. In addition, once per day, you
can activate a tongues effect on yourself
(as the spell).
Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item,
tongues.
Cost to Create: 3,000 gp, 240 XP, 6 days.

There's at least one
>>
>>43538790
CRYSTAL MASK OF
DISCERNMENT
Price (Item Level): 10,000 gp (12th)
Body Slot: Face
Caster Level: 7th
Aura: Moderate; (DC 18) divination
Activation: —
Weight: 1/2 lb.
This transparent crystal mask has a pale green
tinge and covers all the face, except the mouth
and jaw. Its straps are made of silvery cloth.
A crystal mask of discernment grants you
a +10 insight bonus on Sense Motive
checks.
Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item,
Sense Motive 10 ranks.
Cost to Create: 5,000 gp, 400 XP,
10 days.

And at least another, with the exact same pricing that a Competence one would have.
>>
>>43538390
Okay, so the aether, air, and fire ones can fly, no problem there. Do the earth and water ones just kind of drag themselves along the ground? That's really sad to visualize. An elemental ball that can't fly is just pathetic.
>>
File: Assassin (RaV89).jpg (154KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
Assassin (RaV89).jpg
154KB, 566x800px
>>43538820
Are you the person who wanted to make a Scout in full plate, wields a greatsword, and make charges while sneak attacking?

Whether you are or not, use the examples >>43538897 and >>43538911 to determine how those bonuses are priced.
>>
>>43538284
I'm glad they're somewhat backing away from the "earth always = acid" thing, I never liked that.
>>
>>43538790
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Azlant%20Pendant

An insight bonus.

>>43538992
I'm actually not that person. I'm attempting to make a stealthy character that tries to assassinate people using Unchained Rogue, a 2h Elven Curveblade that's finessed, and Underhanded with as much Sneak Attack as I can possibly acquire to actually make this potentially viable.

As for the pricing, as far as I can currently tell, the pricing is the exact same, just different bonus types.
>>
>>43538928
They're balls, so they roll on the ground.

Why would you expect the earth elemental ball to spend time in the middle of it's antithesis? That would be like expecting the air elemental ball to burrow, or the fire elemental ball to swim.
>>
>>43538928
Earth one has burrow and water has swim. Als I think they wouldn't be dragging themselves, but rolling on the ground. They are ball shaped.
>>
>>43538602
Minor thing that came to mind:
The current Chandler exploit of the extra damage ability by carrying a psicrystal/familiar/pet kitten that shares your space can also be exploited by the Sworn Protector Warder.

Still not sure what a good fix would be, maybe something like 'this doesn't work if the ally shares your space' but that's limiting in other ways.
>>
>>43539035
>>43539062
I mean that's logical but I can't help but think it will look really silly
>>
New thread:
>>43539096
>>43539096
>>43539096
Thread posts: 376
Thread images: 90

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.