[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You like conspiracy? Never leave your home? Welcome to the N

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_lksivfpdr41qcb2ozo1_1280.jpg (149KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lksivfpdr41qcb2ozo1_1280.jpg
149KB, 1280x1024px
You like conspiracy? Never leave your home? Welcome to the NHK.
720p
Dual audio

>magnet:?xt=urn:btih:D4520DD768CEB04F419BE5F9F7589E4F32A34242&dn=exiled+destiny+welcome+to+the+nhk+1+24+dual+audio&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337%2Fannounce
>>
>>678836
i love this series and basically needs a new season or some shit. would reccomend.
>>
>>678836
You probably should have posted this in the already-existing general anime thread.
>>657127
>>
About a year ago I tried to fix the horrible subs for this show. For anyone that doesn't know, pretty much the only good subs are the ones in the Oyasumi release, providing solid translations with a relatively unobtrusive styling, but the subs are hardcoded onto a horrible low quality video source. If you want to watch a better video quality, you are stuck with probably some of the shittiest subs I have seen in my life, both styling-wise and translation/consistency-wise (I pretty much gave up after the first episode), or you go for a dub, even though you probably shouldn't.

So, since the only way to see senpai's uncensored breasts is to watch non-oyasumi release, I basically OCR'd the Oyasumi subs and put them into separate .ass files. I checked them against http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=485170 video sources (thus retarded naming of the files) and they seem to be pretty good. They should work with this release as well (provided you rename the files).

You can find the subs here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/x9515os2dpjmz43/%5Banon%5D_Welcome_to_the_NHK.zip
>>
Cont with just a few notes (problems):
- I kept the styling to the minimum;
- signs that are not really relevant to the show are not translated, and the ones that are, are just subtitles on the top of the screen - no real typesetting, since that is just distracting unless done correctly (case in point Exiled-destiny's release);
- only translations of the background songs are provided (no distracting romanji karaoke bullshit);
- the EDs are not translated, because I would have to do it by hand and even though the second ED is fucking amazing, the first one just sounds like ear rape to me and I always skip it anyway (note, the OP is translated);
- I removed a bunch of Oyasumi's TL notes (because there were waaay too many of them) and fixed some silly mistakes (eg. `hikikomoris' is not plural for `hikikomori');
- since I used automated OCR with a frequency of 5 fps, some timings may seem slightly off (I tried to manually fix this for the most horrible offsets, but I'm pretty sure I didn't fix every line where offset is noticeable);
- also since I used OCR, a few mistakes an untrained OCR can make may be present (eg. `clay' instead of `day'), though I tried my best to fix them and they shouldn't really be there anymore.
>>
>>679209
>>679210
Thank you for this.

I'll make sure to link your posts in NHK threads I see.
>>
>>679293
Much appreciated!
>>
>>679209
>>679210
Just to be clear you are the OP, correct?
>>
>>679379

Indeed I am, but I can be so much more
>>
>>679382
Ok then. In that case thanks for all the effort ya put into this. I don't expect much from half-chan users nowadays but it's cool to see that there is still some good people around. Also, so much more ya say ;-)
>>
>>679385
The only decent boards that i used that are left are /m/ and /t/ everything else went to shit. I expect it's gonna get even worse for you guys with your new cuck overlord that ran 2channel into the ground.
>>
>>679386
Things haven't changed much here at /t/ in the past decade. Still the same focus on content over convo with a bit more militaristic passion over wasted space. As for 'other sites' and our new owner don't forget who HotWheels McGee blew for help on his own abortion of a Chan.

In the end /t/ remains one of the most helpful boards on the site.
>>
>>679388
I won't even bother to get into an argument about full-chan due to how little factual knowledge you and most other 4chan users have of it. But you are right in saying that /t/ has stayed the same, and it's fairly obvious as to why that's true.
>>
In my opinion this board is very chill and I like it chill, most people on 4chan want fast post and half minded answers that were made up by 5 year olds. Overall I like how this board stays true to culture and character and doesn't shit post. Im 50/50 about helping and torrenting cause sure it'll bring new faces but we'll turn like /g/ now if the sticky is back then great if not then let's bother the mods to bring it back
>>
>>679382
I don't really understand what you get from pretending to be me (especially considering I uploaded the subs to mediafire and can very quickly confirm you aren't me), but whatever.

>>679379
Nah, I'm not OP, but as I said, it's relatively irrelevant.
>>
>>679209
Your effort is appreciated. I watched the E-D release last time and while I think it was fine I always want to archive the best script for great shows.

Might as well mention that on animebytes it seems someone uploaded the Oyasumi script on top of the E-D dual audio release as of April. Maybe the uploader used your work if you released it in the past but maybe not (not like it matters I guess). I plan on reading the novel and manga next anyways, but I'll keep your zip and do some comparisons after many, many years pass.

>no real typesetting, since that is just distracting unless done correctly
>removed a bunch of Oyasumi's TL notes
I'll drink to that.
>>
Just finished watching it. It was really good, but now i have post-anime depression. I identified with the main character way more than i would like to, and the overall gloominess of the ending between Sato and Misaki. The romance that they had in the first 5 or so episodes is gone, despite the fact that Sato admits his love for her. And now their relationship is just to keep them from killing themselves.

It just makes me feel so lonely and depressed, i got the same feeling from sao. I guess it's because i don't even have that kind of relationship let alone a romantic one. It makes me feel like I'm missing someone important in my life.

Sorry for the blog i just had to get that off my chest and while it doesn't make me feel batter getting it out maybe some else feeling the same way i do might.
>>
>>679967
Really didn't care about the love relationship between characters, it's one of those cartoons that uses Moe as a punching bag. Plus it's one of the few cartoons that I would again cause today's Japanese cartoons just pump out characters that have only sex appeal rather than a storyline. I know there's other cartoons that have good storyline but I only see Japanese cartoon for the cute girl characters and nothing else
>>
>>679967
After thinking about the ending a lot more i realized it isn't as bad as i thought. It's not a perfect ending i say that because no character has what feels like a proper ending but instead something that'll "just do".

Yamazaki ends up working on the farm and following his parents plan, he gets married to someone that looks like his crush and life goes on for him. He hated the idea that he already had his life decided for him and even tho it ended up working out, it's not how he would have liked to live his life. Hitmoi and her husband have a child and live in a big house because of his success. Things aren't perfect for her, that's why she asked Sato if he'd like to have an affair. Even tho he declined her offer, just the fact that she would have done it means that she isn't truly happy. It's obvious that Sato and Htiomi are meant for each other but it's something that just couldn't happen.

Now onto my biggest problem i had with the ending, Sato and Misaki. This is what i thought about the most and what i decided isn't too bad either. It isn't as simple as just a suicide pact. They both couldn't go on without the other that's why they decide to go with it. This means that they do love each other, but not just that, they also depend on the other. They complete each other.

The one thing i wished was added was a kiss. This would cement that they would get together, marry, have babies, and continue their lives together. But i also realized this isn't necessary. There is no other person for either of them, they must be together to keep on living, and with the romance between them from the earlier episodes and the likely pressure from telling Sato's mom they were together and would marry cements it for me, and makes me feel much better about the ending as a whole. As i said nothing ends perfectly, but then again almost nothing does.

Writing all that out really helped me out because i finally feel closure. Thanks for reading!
>>
>>680142
Also sorry for to those that haven't finished yet I'd spoiler if i could.
>>
>>678836
>>679209
>>679210

First off, thank you one and all. Well-seeded and downloading very robustly. Been wanting to grab & watch this one for a couple of years now and this made a great opportunity.

The effort to make good subs is vastly appreciated. I'm very happy with minimal styling, just so long as the translation is really solid.

This leads me to a question that might be retarded, but please help ..?

I've got the [anon] Welcome to the NHK.zip file from the mediafire link. Checks & extracts fine. But ... I don't know exactly how to use these. I think I just need to have those extracted files in the same directory as the video files, and they should be renamed to the same as used for the video files, but with the *.ass extension.

Will MPC-HC automagically pick them up as an option? Or, do I need to do something else? Any settings in MPC-HC required for either playback or subs compatibility?

FYI for anyone else, the torrent is 7.96 GB and D/Ls into:
-> .\[Exiled-Destiny] Welcome To The NHK 1-24 (Dual Audio)\

I mention that because, please anons, as a courtesy it helps a lot if you can mention the torrent size when posting a magnet link. It's immensely helpful for making space management decisions for folks like me who are working off a home torrent box with a smallish HDD.

Also contributing music collection here:
- http://bakabt.me/torrent/151492/n-h-k-ni-youkoso-welcome-to-the-n-h-k-music-collection

manga:
- http://bakabt.me/torrent/130741/nhk-ni-youkoso-welcome-to-the-nhk

and light novel (PDF):
- http://bakabt.me/torrent/154502/welcome-to-the-n-h-k-light-novel
>>
>>681011
>I don't know exactly how to use these. I think I just need to have those extracted files in the same directory as the video files, and they should be renamed to the same as used for the video files, but with the *.ass extension.
That's exactly what you need to do. For example if the filename for episode 1 is called "[Exiled-Destiny]_Welcome_To_The_NHK_Ep01_(9F9B92A1).mkv" (as it is in my release, might be different in OP's torrent), you would take "Welcome To The NHK - 1.ass" from the zip, rename it to "[Exiled-Destiny]_Welcome_To_The_NHK_Ep01_(9F9B92A1).ass" and put it into the same folder.

Your player should pick the subtitles up automatically, though you will potentially have to switch to different subtitle track in the video player in case it prioritizes embedded subtitles over external ones.

Please post here in case you don't manage to get it to work though, since it's completely possible I screwed something up in the subtitle files.
>>
>>679815
Thanks. Actually it is completely possible he based it off of this, since I uploaded just about the same files about a year ago to /a/ (which in retrospect was pretty stupid since the thread died in a couple of hours with like 1 reply). I wanted to spread them to nyaa as well, since that's where I originally got the idea to do this from, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to comment on torrents.

In any case I don't have animebytes account so I cannot check that torrent out, but I am really happy other people are either spreading these files around, using and improving on them, or just doing something themselves, because honestly the show deserves it. It would be really cool if one day it got a proper torrent, which:
- had dual audio, with Japanese track having priority over English one,
- video was high quality, and
- these subtitles (with potential mistakes and awkward timings fixed, ed songs translated and proper styling (done by someone who knows what he's doing) added) are used.
It shouldn't be that much more work, but much like you I'm probably not going to rewatch the show for quite a few more years and I currently lack adequate passion to do it myself.

>I'll drink to that.
Cheers!
>>
>>681011
I can't see her in a sexual way...
>>
>>681099
I can't see her any other way...
>>
puru puru pururin
>>
Appreciate your sharing
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.