[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now i give to you Unreal. It holds up surprisingly well, de

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: Unreal Oldunreal.png (709KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Unreal Oldunreal.png
709KB, 1024x768px
Now i give to you Unreal.

It holds up surprisingly well, decent gunplay, level design bretty gud but not doom tier, environments were fucking pioneering for the genre and still interesting and beautiful today (dem skyboxes), Music sets the tone well, even the engine holds up in a retro sort of way.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:845C5D683770686C1AD0DE6EEB1DF2070FE21798&dn=Unreal%20Gold%20%28Raw%20Disk%20Image%29%20%5bISO%5d&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.prq.to%3a80&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.istole.it%3a80&tr=udp%3a%2f%2finferno.demonoid.com%3a3396

(unreal gold release disc iso which includes the mission pack)

You must install the community 227 patch for optimal experience on modern machines which gives support for dx9/modern opengl renderer, modern HD widescreen resolutions, raw mouse input, new masterservers since gamespy is gone now etc.

http://oldunreal.com/patch/UnrealGoldPatch227i.7z

And here is the hi res set of upgraded textures from the community retexturing project. Download will probably be a bit slow to begin with but bear with it, downloading these off the website itself was slower, trust me.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:416D438C62CD59981D920C1CCBE3F60AA11DF786&dn=Unreal%20Extreme%20S3TC%20Textures&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337
>>
best music and environment dsign ever!! re downloading just for the textures upgrade.

thanks mate
>>
File: 1381429520641.jpg (213KB, 809x433px) Image search: [Google]
1381429520641.jpg
213KB, 809x433px
Downloading now, always wanted to try it out, since it's the only Unreal game I've never played on PC.
FYI, the patch link doesn't work, but it's easy enough to navigate to the Downloads page and figure out which file to download.
Here, I'll try to link it myself:
http://www.unrealtexture.com/Unreal/Downloads/Patches/227Patch/UnrealGoldPatch227i.7z

Thanks a bunch!
>>
>>600396

Thanks m8, had no idea the site blocked external referrer on the download link.
>>
ok the texture pack has some seeders now.
>>
thanks so much!
>>
File: 1384799886502.jpg (155KB, 496x553px) Image search: [Google]
1384799886502.jpg
155KB, 496x553px
>>600396
Same guy
Right, so I installed the game, then the patch and then HD textures. From time to time the game would not launch (normally it would take 3-5 seconds to start up). I'm using the OpenGL rendering like the .txt suggested, yet it still happens from time to time.
Also, why can't I change which graphics card the game should use? (integrated Intel HD and GeForce 610M, I want to use the GeForce one, naturally)
Aiming is a bit off, instead of shooting straight ahead, it shoots to the bottom right. Had the same problem with Quake 2.

>dem skyboxes tho
>>
>>600614

You can look in a file called unreal.ini in the unreal/system folder. The gfx options are under one of the opengldrv subheadings, and thee might be an option to change your rendering device near the top i think.

Aslo enable raw mouse input
>>
>>600614
>Aiming is a bit off, instead of shooting straight ahead, it shoots to the bottom right. Had the same problem with Quake 2.

I think that might just be an artefact of the way these old games used to be. The guns shoot projectiles that hit a nearby wall off centre of the crosshair, but should converge to the crosshair at a distance.
>>
>>600614
>Also, why can't I change which graphics card the game should use? (integrated Intel HD and GeForce 610M, I want to use the GeForce one, naturally)

Thats probably a misconfiguration of your gfx driver settings anon, you need to set the geforce as default when you run d3d or opengl applications. Or disable the intel HD altogether.

I bet it actually runs fine on intel HD though.
>>
Anyone playing online?

In the server browser look in the 'populated servers' tab

Sometimes theres a deck16 server up. Good old fashioned old school arena fps shit. First level of the first game i ever played online.
>>
Somehow I fell across this music that I think actually suits unreal better than the official soundtrack, you can disable the in game music and stream this in chrome or whatever, makes the game even more other-worldly.
http://ochre.bandcamp.com/album/a-midsummer-nice-dream
>>
File: ober 9000 hours in paint.jpg (566KB, 2092x1559px) Image search: [Google]
ober 9000 hours in paint.jpg
566KB, 2092x1559px
>>600981
For loading screens, maybe, but not the game itself, m80.
I can see where you're coming from though, the whole outworldly feel is nice, but it only complements the atmosphere of entering a new level (outside, in the open, with the skybox visible).
Maybe it's just me playing it on a harder difficulty than usual (I don't often play on Hard, just Easy. It's a relaxation hobby, not a challenging one for me) or maybe it's because I've played Tournaments throughout my teen years, but I feel like music needs more UMPH in it. Like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq8PTCxuzTA
or this:
http://cheshyre.bandcamp.com/track/utopia
or even this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lul-Y8vSr0I
Anything but a relaxing tune!
>>
>>600993

Haha, well I do love c+c's music, but it makes me feel awesome which I think is the wrong feels for unreal. In unreal I felt kind of lost and lonely the whole time. But it's all interpretation I guess.

Thanks for the links, I'll have a good listen to cheshyre.
>>
>>600335
still the best.
>>
ATTENTION:

I have on my pc, a very rare version of the UT soundtrack. The tracks are more like they are in the game. Instead of split into individual parts.

Only problem is how to get them to you. Recommend me a filesharing site that doesn't remove my files for copyright infringement and i will upload.
>>
>>601477
This is /t/. Make a torrent. No tracker, just magnet.
>>
Best game ever.
>>
>>601482
Not sure how to magnet. Created a torrent file and removed the tracker lines from the box.
Now what?
>>
>>601486
Found it. Hope it works and hope you like it. Going to watch a movie. Will check back later.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:16D85F6F06EE7546880CBF29BFB5809F59DE7C0F&dn=unreal%20ost%20special%20mix
>>
>>601489
Forgot to unlock my download rate. H-here i go
>>
>>601477
I don't trust you.
>>
Bump for the best game ever made.

I have unreal + 227 patch in a 200mb sfx exe for those times when i need to share it
>>
0 seeders on the texture pack already? Really?
>>
Here's a retrospective on Unreal, written by a guy who apparently also wrote an Unreal novel at some point. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-22-unreal-retrospective

>>600392
Amen, especially when you can load the .it and .s3m sound files from Alexander Brandon and Michiel van den Bos into Winamp and turn loops off so you can hear the whole soundtrack

>>601095
Lonely and sad is what I felt playing the game, in particular at the Bluff Eversmoking level (as mentioned in the article above) where you find Kira dead, resting against the wall in the clock tower, whom several other dead survivors had been chasing so that they could join her in the resistance :-(
>>
File: 1402852226932.jpg (3MB, 2251x2814px) Image search: [Google]
1402852226932.jpg
3MB, 2251x2814px
Fuckin' lame, no seeders on the texture pack.
>>
>>604330

GUESS ILL HAVE TO RESEED

KNOW THAT I AM DISAPPOINTED IN YOU GUYS
>>
>>604391
>magnet:?xt=urn:btih:16D85F6F06EE7546880CBF29BFB5809F59DE7C0F&dn=unreal%20ost%20special%20mix

If you reseed long enough to let me grab it completely, I can seed.
>>
>>604330
>>604391
>>604502

I'm seeding, I'm seeding, jeez!
>>
File: 1401534067408.jpg (66KB, 550x728px) Image search: [Google]
1401534067408.jpg
66KB, 550x728px
>>604391
>
>>604508

Thank you guys. I, too, shall seed now that it's finished downloading.
>>
>>600335
Is this a Zybourne Clock mod??
>>
>>601477
From Winamp's info window: "MP3 has been modified from its original encoding. Some information may be incorrect."
Sorry to burst your bubble here mate, but the mp3s are nothing more than re-encodes of the original .s3m or .it files, although I will admit that some of them *do* sound a bit better. The odd bitrates they are produced under also give away that they are not original re-enactments in higher bitrates.
Many of them are also >10min even though the audio itself only lasts for 4min, so something is definitely wrong.
Cheers for the effort though!
>>
>>605199
I actually ripped em off youtube a few years ago so that might explain why they're not the original rips. The point is that this version of the ost sounds more like how they sound ingame because tracks that flow into eachother are put into the same mp3 ibstead of separated like on the official ost of the game.
>>
Thanks for the textures op.
Downloaded, now I'm going to seed them whenever my pc is on.
>>
If somebody can reseed both torrents in the OP I can serve them at 100mbps 24/7.

Thanks to all.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.