[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boxing noob here. I heard about GGG vs Canelo after surprisingly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (6KB, 285x177px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 285x177px
Boxing noob here.

I heard about GGG vs Canelo after surprisingly enjoying the lead up fights to the Mayweather McGregor shitshow.

It seemed like GGG landed more punches, and not by a few, but by like 40% more, and they said more power punches. He also looked less beat up and gassed. Canelo had his arms low at points and did back to back clinching.

Did I miss something? How is boxing scored?

Like, I could see McGregor likely had a loosing strategy against Mayweather in the early rounds, but Mayweather hardly threw a punch. Does the boxer who lands fewer and weaker punches win because the judges put strategy into it?

Do you get bonuses for foot work or nice counters? What am I missing, because it's definitely not about who gets the most hits in or gets the most shook up.
>>
>>78315282
>Like, I could see McGregor likely had a loosing strategy against Mayweather in the early rounds, but Mayweather hardly threw a punch. Does the boxer who lands fewer and weaker punches win because the judges put strategy into it?

Mayweather TKOed Mctapout you fookin moron
>>
>>78315385

Yeah, but the judges had him winning rounds where he hardly threw any punches and landed next to none.

I get that he was winning the fight the whole time strategically, but how do you give a guy the round if he never connects well and the other guy at least gets some hits?
>>
>>78315541
You MMA fans sure are persistent. Conor won nothing except a trip to the ER. There never was a single moment in the fight that he wasn't being schooled, let alone "winning."
>>
>>78315282
Canelo landed more power punches. Jabs simply dont mean much. Honestly a draw was fair
>>
The amount of punches landed doesn't decide the winner. Basically it's about who controlled the fight. One puncher might land more, but the other fighter may have been landing the more effective shots. So a counter puncher might be awarded the round over a busier brawler.

Personally I had the fight as a draw. Canelo was in clear control for the first 2. GGG ran the middle rounds, maybe dropping the 7th. Canelo took the last 3 rounds to me as well
>>
>>78316808
Golovkin won comfortably 116-112
>>
>>78315282
>Did I miss something? How is boxing scored?
It's rigged bro
>>
Nah it's just a shit sport, has been for years.
>>
>>78315282
>How is boxing scored?

Politics my man... politics
Get used to it, that's just how boxing is
>>
>>78316808
This. Most retards on /sp/ see "total punches landed" and flip their ass. There is very good reason why they are counted separately from actual punches that do damage.

Jab is a tool to set up other punches, stop advances and conceal your movement. Jab on it's does no damage, or score any real points.
>>
>>78316117
he actually won the first rounds, but because mayweather wasnt wasting energy even atacking.

>>78315282
boxing is also scored based on your defensive tecniques and efficiency, if you land 10 jabs on the gloves of the other guy, altough visually its harsh and the oponent lands one jab on your nose, he wins.
>>
>>78315282
GGG landed a lot of jabs to the forehead, canelo landed a lot of power hits to the body and chin. Depends on what the judge considered to be more of a dominant stat given the fight.
>>
>>78315282
Canelo won many early rounds & that actually means something. GGG looked too apprehensive in the first quarter of the fight to bitch. Canelo landed some solid blows on some killer upper cuts as he worked his way up from the body.

What impressed me most was Canelo working the body & GGG abandoning it on the first half of the fight. Yet Canelo looked gassed in the later rounds.
>>
>>78315282
>Did I miss something? How is boxing scored

By pay per view buys, if the boxing mafia believe there is enough stupid Mexicans to buy in to this shit again they'll rerun it till the wheels fall off. Plus they don't really have any other boxing headers that'll bring anywhere near the purse this shit show would.

I love boxing I'll watch rematch knowing the results will be exactly the same, ggg by decision
>>
Boxingfags seem to forget that "losing rounds on purpose" still means you're losing rounds
>>
File: 1503937986874.jpg (84KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1503937986874.jpg
84KB, 1200x675px
>>78316117
??? May threw nothing in the early rounds and was playing defensive the whole time. He won those rounds due to Floyd's game plan

>>78315541
The judges had Floyd losing those earlier rounds though. The rounds aren't always purely about punching but, also quality of punches landed aggressiveness, and ring control. It depends on the judge really some will judge based on boxing skill or will be biased against a showboater in the cards
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.