[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

high school defensive tackle here. when if ever should i apply

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (9KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 258x195px
high school defensive tackle here. when if ever should i apply the use of a 4 point stance? or should i always stick to a 3?
>>
The four point stance should be used when you are getting your boipussy pounded
>>
>>78285306
Ask your coach when he's nailing your pink sphincter
>>
>not using the five-point stance
>>
Use the 3 so you can reach back and fondle the balls
>>
>>78285306
>high school
underage b&
>>
>>78285539
I'm actually 18 but nice try
>>
>>78285306
Actual former player here.
4 is better for a quicker get off but 3 allows you to use your hands a bit more on the guard/tackle. Imo 4 point is more beneficial as a nose, but I always manhandled my opponents so I preferred the 3 point. If they are a run heavy offense 4 will be more applicable.

Also go with what your comfortable with man.
>>
>>78285306
it really depends on two things:
1. what's your size?
2. what are you using it for (run, pass rush)

you use the 4 point stance to stop the run; essentially, it allows you to start with a lower center of gravity and explode off the line at the cost of being able to get by the blocker since your hands will end up by your hips once you've risen. It's more for creating a wall - making sure that you take up space and allow the linebackers to fill the gaps and prevent the running back or fullback from advancing.

the 3 point stance gives you a free hand at the cost of explosiveness; you're able to rip through your blocker, but your center of gravity will be higher, which if the opponent is running the ball, will allow them to get leverage, get under your pads, and drive you back.

it's hard to predict plays in high school, but if you have access to film, you'll be able to notice patterns when certain plays are called and be able to adjust accordingly. I'd recommend sticking to a 3 point stance, but that's just me (I occasionally played nose tackle during a certain formation, but I played varsity inside linebacker 3 years); it really comes down to your size. If you're a smaller, quick person, you'll be able to accomplish a lot with the 3 point stance since you'll have a lower center of gravity and quicker footwork/hands; if you're a big guy, rotate between both stances, but opt for the more comfortable one.
>>
>>78285306
Lose weight you chubby fuckface, than you don't have to be on the line with the rest of the fat blimps
>>
>>78286025
>tfw such a dominant offensive line that we literally called who we were gonna block every play and they couldn't stop it
If you bench 275, squat 365, and anything over that you will dominate at a high school level.
>>
>>78285306
use one hand you dumbfuck nigger so you can shoot your hands right into the lineman's chest
>>
>>78286043
strength means nothing when you can't move quick enough to block your opponent. I called my blitzes, but because I had better footwork and could get low, lineman struggled to stop me.
>>
>>78286057
Well if you are a tackle speeds more important, but a guard or center needs strength over everything, then technique/speed. If you are squatting 365 there's no way you are slow, unless you have like a fucking 35%+ body fat.
When you get in higher competition at high school you need all the above, but small time schools, you will be great if you just actually workout properly.
>>
>>78286080
don't think you can get higher in high school football than Poly, at least in California that is. I'll leave it at that as to reveal more.
>>
>>78286103
Yeah I know, I played with those schools and the big boys a few times during high school, got myself 3 state rings my man. Bishop Gormon ring a bell?
>>
>>78286111
Nobody cares about your "team manager" rings you fat fucking pile
>>
>>78286148
You upset Big boy? Stick to your chess club Arnold.
>>
4 point stance for obvious running play

3 point stance the rest of the time.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.