[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the NFL dying? Will divegrass become no 1 in America as the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 6

File: 49ers.jpg (339KB, 848x688px) Image search: [Google]
49ers.jpg
339KB, 848x688px
Is the NFL dying?

Will divegrass become no 1 in America as the Hispanic demographic revolution takes over?
>>
England will save the nfl dont worry.
>>
One way of recovering NFL crowd numbers would be by making the local fanbases feel like they can comfortably get emotionally attached to teams, instead of running them as impassive franchises that can and will move cross-country to save a couple of million dollars.
>>
>>78263534
That's true. The NHL does a decent job at trying to protect that lately with Phoenix these days and Ottawa & Pittsburgh 15 years ago.

The NFL definitely has more of a cavalier attitude toward moving teams around.
>>
The NFL has been losing revenue and attendance for years now.
>>
>>78263392
Cable cutters. Also, there's way too many commercial breaks.
>>
They aren't going to significantly cut commercial time.

They should but they absolutely will not
>>
College football is doing just fine, sorry to hear about those NFL problems : ^ )
>>
>>78263691
>watching amateur sports
>supporting a college he didn't even go to
>he didn't even go to college, let alone a top tier one

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOƓOOOOOOO
>>
NFL should note that interest in college football hasn't decreased because it's seen as less commercialized, more organic. But the NFL won't change because it could lose half its viewership and still be the biggest sport in the US.
>>
>>78263708
I'm glad I don't have to support some cuck university to watch quality amateur sports in Canada. Got an OHL arena a few blocks from my apartment. These kids don't earn much (heard it was $600/month, but that was 10 years ago) but at least they're allowed to earn money off their image if they can.

It's total bullshit that the NCAA doesn't let those guys make extra money on the side if they can. For most of them that will be the only time in their lives where they can profit off of their athletics and the jewy colleges shuts it down.
>>
>>78263708
>watching overpaid primadonna divas
>watching 14783 truck and beer commercials
>watching terribly formulaic and boring gameplay with no variation in styles throughout the league
>watching fat bald old men in the stands instead of qt coeds
>his team doesn't have a marching band
>his stadium doesn't have an actual crowd
>his league is run by a 40 yr old 6th round draft pick
>his league is dying
>his league has boring uniforms and terrible announcers
>his league is fixed

top lej
>>
>>78263752
If players could sell their image rights, university boosters would use that as a loophole to attract players with de facto salaries. Whole system ceases to be amateur.
>>
>>78263780
it's already not amateur since they are all probably on scholarships, they just get paid in benefits instead of cash
>>
>>78263752
>Getting a free college education, housing, meals, invited to the best parties and fucking the most primo pussy on campus

Poor bastards
>>
>>78263708
But anon, I did go to college (a top 25 university in the USA) and I did graduate with my degree in electrical engineering. You may be confusing me with someone else?
>>
>>78263534
i'm not sure why they couldn't have just started a new franchise in L.A. sure it would fuck up the divisions but it's not like the playoffs mean anything anymore ever since they started letting in crappy wild card teams.
>>
>>78263625
>what are the Winnipeg jets
>>
>>78263851
Yeah they were quicker to give up on Atlanta, but that was doomed to fail anyway. Just like Phoenix. I think they're only holding on to Phoenix because Quebec City is more ready to take a team right now than Seattle so they want QC to be an expansion team for that big Quebecor Media expansion payday. After that I assume they'll move the Coyotes to Seattle.
>>
>College football players unionize
>negotiate salaries
>NCAA becomes junior professional football league with loose associations to universities
>Pro/Rel system
>finally get to know if Alabama would beat the Cleveland Browns
>>
>>78263780
>Whole system ceases to be amateur.

There is nothing amateur about the NCAA football (or basketball) systems. Those are jobs. So much so that in 39 states, the highest paid public employee is the top D1 football or basketball coach.
>>
Sad!
>>
>>78263924
Would unironically prefer if NFL become the 2nd division.
>>
The NFL isn't dying though
>>
>>78263765
>he didn't go to college

LMAFOOOOO
>>
File: cat whos laughing meow.jpg (109KB, 443x510px) Image search: [Google]
cat whos laughing meow.jpg
109KB, 443x510px
>>78264519
>He didn't fall for the college meme
>>
>>78263392
NBA is on the fast track to become number one. It's more fan friendly, more player friendly, and has the cultural style points that the NFL lost after injuries and concussions took the limelight. MLB is still on the downfall while NBA, NHL, and MMA are rising fast and adopting new models of distribution to get a leg up on the old guard.
Most people here don't give a fuck about divegrass and the ones who do mainly watch British teams.
>>
>>78263434
How are we gonna do that?
>>
>>78263392
American Football is a good sport that just has to make a few concessions to have broader appeal, namely less commercials.

There is no sport quite like it. Rugby is fundamentally closer to soccer than Football, same for hockey. What's unique about it isn't the use of hands or physicality. It's like violent chess.

There are only 3 team sports in the world which are truly unique, interesting, and don't have better versions of it. American football, soccer, and basketball. Everything else is just a shittier version of those 3 or archaic and boring like cricket/baseball.
>>
>>78263392
It's not dying, it is literally the highest grossing sport in the world, 32 teams in one country
>>
>>78264840
would you mind if i told you what 'nba' REALLY stands for,
>>
>>78263392

>be "San Francisco"
>play in "Santa Clara"
>team sucks nigger dick
>everyone knows team sucks nigger dick
>half the fans pissed about mooncricketnick being allowed to kneel last year
>other half pissed about coon kaep not being resigned
>>
>>78263691
>College football is doing just fine

Without pro's to attract worldclass athletes college football would die after the NFL does.
>>
>>78265111
Why is soccer better than hockey?
>>
>>78265896
I normally have to go to the pier to get this type of bait.
>>
File: 1477199012791.jpg (3KB, 249x183px) Image search: [Google]
1477199012791.jpg
3KB, 249x183px
>>78263392
>implying it's just because spics

I'm 19 and divegrass was incredibly popular at my white high school, young people just like divegrass more (the lack of commercials helps)
>>
>>78266301
that's just your faggy ass generation. i went to a 90% white high school and the soccer team had to borrow staff from the lacrosse and baseball teams.
>>
>>78266301
>divegrass was incredibly popular at my white high school
yeah,and i bet fucking dogs was popular at your highschool too
>>
>>78265982
More pure version of the same sport.

Hockey is basically soccer on ice with gimmicks like fighting. There is nothing fundamentally unique about hockey. It's just a sport invented for cold weather countries that can't play soccer outside.

You watch soccer and hockey as somebody unfamiliar with both sports, and it's obvious they're basically the same thing, but soccer is better and less gimmicky.
>>
>>78263434

Part of the NFL's issue is bending over and allowing leftist politics to take center stage instead of actual football. I have ZERO faith that England can improve the situation.

NCAAF takes over.
>>
>>78266301
Nobody actually gives a fuck about soccer. Even the most popular MLS teams have barely any fans. They just get all of them into their small 20k seat stadiums. Nobody watches the shit. Are games even televised?
>>
>>78264764
How's that going for you? I bet you make less than $75K a year.
>he roots for a college team even though he didn't go to that college

Top kek
>>
>>78266571
>He didn't pick what college to go to specifically because he liked their football team

Ultimate pleb
>>
>>78266571

t. underwater welder

problem?
>>
>>78263534
That isn't the cause of low numbers for all but 2 teams
>>
>>78266456
you really should lurk moar.
>>
>>78266624
t. Retard that couldn't get into top tier universities
>>78266778
Lmfao. Simply lmfao.
>>
>>78266456
Disagree completely. Hockey is 20x faster thus more entertaining. Not to mention soccer pussies can't compete with manly hockey players.
>>
Millenials aren't buying tickets the way Gen X did.
Most millenials are either little beta cucks or insanely fairweather fans

San Francisco especially has an absurd proportion of both
>>
>>78266456
lacrosse is better than both.
>>
>>78266516
I have friends in murrica that watch the EPL, La Liga, but not MLS
Maybe murricans just don't care about murrican football/soccer
>>
>>78267259
because you probably met them on the internet which is a haven for niche interests. anyone who says that ALL american born people hate soccer is obviously wrong. but take it from someone who's lived here for 27 years, it's not a popular thing.
>>
>>78263434
That's why NFL Europe worked so well. Fuck the NFL, it deserves to die. If it wasn't for fantasy football it would already be dead.
>>
>>78263392
Soccer is fundamentally unamerican and Hispanics like American football, so no
>>
>>78263392
Spics are poor, so no.
>>
>>78263392
That's at the$(ers sadium; of course no one is there.
>>
>>78263434
lol
>>
>>78269501
>Soccer is fundamentally unamerican

So are Spics. In fact I would say roughly 65,516,951 voters in America (minus roughly 3m or 4m who don't actually exist) are unAmerican.
I wish someone would tell these retards that being most popular and being given a 98% chance of winning doesn't make them the underdog. There's a certain irony how these people "fight" for (((democracy))) when they're a prime example of why it is so flawed. Unfortunately they lack the self awareness to recognise this. Most likely because they're, you guessed it, retarded.
>>
File: 1477538541474.jpg (40KB, 583x378px) Image search: [Google]
1477538541474.jpg
40KB, 583x378px
>divegrass
umm so sweetie
>>
>>78263708
>>78264519
>>78266571
>>78267009
What did the burgistani mean by this
>>
Why do people think the NFL is dying because it can now "only" draw 21 million on Monday Night as opposed to 24 million?

It's by no means my favorite league, but the main reason for the decline is the smartphone. Fantasy players who had no rooting interest in the outcome of a game would tune in to a national game to follow their players, this bumped up the ratings. Now you can follow your players real time on the phone.

The mid-00s/early 10s ratings boosts were a result of fantasy. After smartphones became ubiquitous, ratings are declining back to pre-FF levels.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/dec/19/entertainment/la-et-1219-nfl-fantasy-20101219
>>
>>78263392
>seconf half kickoff
to be fair, most people are inside buying shit at that point
>>
>>78265982
Hockey is soccer with sticks
>>
>>78267041
This is why American sports are infested with niggers. Everyone seems to be obsessed with speed. Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>78269662
The majority of the Americas are Spanish speaking, retard. Since you want to come off as an intellectual, then you may want to write "U.S." in the future.
>>
If it wasn't for fantasy and the SB halftime show, NFL would've died years ago

Good riddance
>>
NFL pulls in more money than any other sports league in the world(13 billion)

Second is MLB at 9.5 billion

that's more than some countries by the way

but yeah sure they're dying
>>
>>78270176
What is advertising
>>
>>78263780
Who cares?
>>
>>78266401
>>78266445
>>78266516
I've lived in 7 different major US cities throughout my life and have visited 48 states at one point or another on business. I meet thousands of different people a year and usually break the ice with small talk about sports. Out of all the people I've met in this country over the years, literally one individual gave two shits about soccer in any capacity. He claimed to be an Arsenal fan. I don't know who these American proxies are that are trying to shill the sport on this board, but it's egregiously disingenuous. If these posters are for real, at the very least, they are non-existent in the business sector (i.e. people who actually have and spend money).

The fact is, soccer has and will always remain an activity for children in this country, a reason for mothers to get out of the house and gossip with each other while the kids play a non-contact game chasing a ball around. Youth soccer season runs almost year round, so it has that advantage over other youth sports. Once kids are old enough, though, they almost without exception drop it to focus more intently on our adult sports. This post isn't meant to trigger soccer fans into replying to it, whether you're really from America, or some international fan reading this. It's just the way it is here. The more you know.
>>
>>78263392
>Is the NFL dying

It's changing, as every sport eventually does.
>>
File: yeah.jpg (47KB, 504x504px) Image search: [Google]
yeah.jpg
47KB, 504x504px
>>78267009
I make a nice living for myself and never paid a single meme loan
>>
>>78264840
Lol nah, NBA can get better if that piece of shit garbage LeBron James retire immediately and go live on an island with no way of being rescued. LBJ is ruining the NBA with his drama. Bring back the NBA of old and I'd be happy. Modern Day NBA is fucked.
>>
>>78271316
>paying for college
Lmfao you retard I got a full ride for baseball. Stay retarded, poor, and fat.
>>
Got to love the american people's support for Kaepernick with the boycott <3
>>
>>78270212
You don't get advertising money unless people buy that shit nigga
>>
>>78263392
>Is the NFL dying
no
>Will soccer become number 1 sport in America
No. When cities start spending massive amounts of money on soccer stadiums the way they do with football stadiums, then you should be worried.
>>
>>78263708
t. college dropout
>>
>>78263392
>Is the NFL dying?
Kek. No.

Fact: The 2016 season had more viewers than any oither season in the history of the league.
Fact: Superbowl LI had more viewers than any game in the history of the sport.
Fact: The 2016 season was the most profitable season the NFL has ever had.

Yes, TV ratings are down. It's 2017. People are cutting the cord. Streaming will soon account for over a third of all sports viewership. Nobody cares about Crapernik or Cuncussion protocol or Breast Cancer Awareness. Anyone that does wasn't watching football in the first place. I'm sorry if that doesn't fit your politics, but the idea that any of this is harming or hampering the NFL in any way is simply not true. And yeah, some stadiujm attendance is down. That's what happens when you have 2 teams movikng to LA and playing out of century-old college stadiums, another team mooving out of LA and ijnto the middle of the desert, 2 teams constructing new dome stadiums, hurricanes puttiing two stadiums under fucking water, and another restricting the one thing about their stadium that made their games worth going to (that would be Jacksonville and their new policies regarding their viewership in their swimming pools).

The NFL is fine. And nothing is going to touch it in the states for at least another 50 years.
Sorry for the Reddit spacing.
>>
>>78274417
t. Roger Gooddell
>>
File: Brock.jpg (66KB, 612x574px) Image search: [Google]
Brock.jpg
66KB, 612x574px
>>78264840
>nba is on fast track to become number one
What the fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>78274417
>Is the EPL dying?
Kek. No.

Fact: The 2016 season had more viewers than any oither season in the history of the league.
Fact: Champions League 2017 had more viewers than any game in the history of the sport.
Fact: The 2016 season was the most profitable season the EPL has ever had.

Yes, TV ratings are down. It's 2017. People are cutting the cord. Streaming will soon account for over a third of all sports viewership. Nobody cares about Brexit or Muslim protocol or Breast Cancer Awareness. Anyone that does wasn't watching football in the first place. I'm sorry if that doesn't fit your politics, but the idea that any of this is harming or hampering the EPL in any way is simply not true. And yeah, some stadiujm attendance is down. That's what happens when you have 2 teams movikng to Liverpool and playing out of century-old college stadiums, another team mooving out of Liverpool and ijnto the middle of the desert, 2 teams constructing new dome stadiums, hurricanes puttiing two stadiums under fucking water, and another restricting the one thing about their stadium that made their games worth going to (that would be London and their new policies regarding their viewership in their swimming pools).

The EPL is fine. And nothing is going to touch it in the states for at least another 50 years.
Sorry for the Reddit spacing.
>>
>>78272926
ASSBLASTED
>>
>>78275564
Not an argument
>>
>>78263392
That's the hardcam side
>>
>>78264519
>he fell for the (((higher education))) meme
>>
>>78263392
Bay area fag here, the only people who go to 49ers games are mexicans who come in from the central valley
>>
>>78263845
They'd have to add 2 new teams otherwise you'd have to put a team on bye every single week.

>>78267116
People aren't buying tickets because they're fucking expensive. Why would I pay $100 per ticket, $50 for parking, and $50 for food to go watch a game when I can get a vastly superior viewing experience from home for free?
>>
>>78264325
Each conference (both in the NFL and NCAA) would be its own division since you can only play so many games in a season

>CFL would be the 10th divison
>>
Handegg is for criminals, divegrass is for pussies. Fuck then both.
>>
>>78263392
we're barely qualified for the WC. what makes you think divegrass is gaining any traction here in the US?
>>
>>78273507
Of soccer had half the number of ads the NFL has I guarantee the top European soccer leagues would blow it out of the water
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.