[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone felt that there has been less hype about the NFL in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 15

File: nfl.png (39KB, 328x328px)
nfl.png
39KB, 328x328px
There are the diehard football fans but I feel like most casuals I talk to now just tune it out. Has it been like that for you guys?
>>
i'm taking a knee in protest of this thread
>>
That's because you had to turn ESPN off because of SJW and pandering to blacks and gays and minorities.
>>
A lot of millenials and younger couldn't care less about professional sports. Too busy with social media, vidya, and SJWing.

Professional sports in this country are all going to lose popularity (except MLS because t. Hipsters).
>>
Good. Maybe you can start watching a real sport.
>>
I only pay attention to the AFC North
>>
>>78222079
>MLS
>gaining fans
>>
>>78222130

Maybe read the news, lardass.
>>
>>78222079
I think it's mostly because childhood obesity has skyrocketed. All the people who were fat fucks as children never played sports so they have no interest in them as adults.
>>
>>78222138

You'd think football would be their sport of choice then.
>>
>>78222146
No, for two reasons:
1. There are only a handful of positions for fatties, and even then they need to be "strongfat".
2. Childhood participation in football has declined thanks to all the concussion stuff.
>>
>tfw that Verizon commercial is like more than a few people I know

I can see some of my closest friends talking about teams getting into the Strike Zone
>>
>>78222167
Which one?
>>
>>78222048
What are you talking about? NFL ratings are better than ever. Stupid cuck
>>
>>78222136
CHI
>>
>>78222071
>Being this fragile and threatened

Here's a juice box, pol is that way >>>>>>
>>
>>78222136
SEETHING
>>
I'm a casual and I don't even watch highlights or games, I'm only interested insofar as it affects my fantasy team/matchup.
>>
>>78222180
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfGNx6Lw47U
>>
>>78222211
Check my flag and call me white again. I dare you.
>>
>>78222211
E!SPN is shit they got rid of all the good sportscasters and replaced them with niggers and women. Yesterday Jim Rome was talking about Week 1 Football want to know what E!SPN was talking about at the same time?

WOMEN'S FUCKING TENNIS!

Fox sports is way better and all they did was just pick up E!SPNs diversity firings and make the exact same shows they did on E!SPN. Fuck you Jews and Fuck you Disney.
>>
>>78222182

Kek, read the news. Ratings are way down. Attendance is even worse.
>>
>>78222412
>Ratings are way down.

Ok, the only ratings that are available was the Thursday night game. Nice one game sample.
>>
Monday night football's ratings were down because they have to compete with Monday Night Raw quick steals the NFL viewers
>>
>>78222138
But that doesn't explain a lack of football, that's the fat fuck sport.
>>
>>78222071
>Being such a fragile little snowflake that you can't enjoy a sport without constant ESPN coverage.
Some "fans" you got there NFL...
>>
>>78222554
no, just no
>>
>>78222079
I think its an attention span thing. No one wants to spend 4 hours watching a football game especially with 1.5-2 hours of commercials.
Baseball games take longer than ever before and the seasons last hundreds of games.
I'm not surprised MMA is pretty popular, the fights rarely take very long and you can get hype, tune in, and be on to the next thing in less than an hour.
>>
>>78222182
>Being this delusional.
>>
>>78222281
>Can't watch much footyball with dat der EsPee'N
>Some "fans" you got there NFL...
>>
>>78222554
Nobody fucking watches Monday night raw you fucking weebo
>>
Has anyone considered that the quality of the NFL has gone down a bit?
>>
> shitty production focuses more on diversity and sjw than the actual game
> 40 minutes of game time spread out over 3+ hours
> commercial -> kick -> commercial
> game supposed to be about strong men hitting eachother yet the announcers have to be timid as fuck; i.e. Calling asses "rear ends"
> league actively suppressing research and information about concussions and other physical ramifications from playing
> new era free-agency allows little continuity for fans to support players
> penalties heavily favoring offense to the point where defense is near impossible
> forcing cities to pay billions for stadiums instead of their wealthy owners
> "relocating" 3 teams in 3 years
>>
>>78222700
>makes fun of NFL fans
>posts on an American Board for the NFL and other minor sports like Divegrass and Apehoops
Did you just blow in from reddit?
>>
>>78222808

the players don't play as a team any more, too many pre madonna individuals
>>
Most of the die hard football fans that I used to know watch Love and Hip Hop instead of MNF
>>
>>78222829

>"relocating" 3 teams in 3 years

even more just

>"relocating" 2 teams to one location and the other 280 miles away
>>
>>78222952
Man that Raiders relocation is such a shitshow. So they're leaving, but yet they're still playing in Oakland until the Vegas stadium is built? What?
>>
>>78222610 (You) (You)
(You), have a (You)
>>
>>78222971

Yep. I'm sure once they realized NV was going recreation with all the tax money they would easily be able to fund a new stadium, rebrand, and they get to get out of oakland

win win win for them, fans get triple face fucked
>>
>>78222048
I fucking hate the NFL after refs called those two illegal hit penalties on the Saints last night.

Fucking bullshit. Saints defense laying the wood the first quarter then the refs try to neuter them.

God damnit, I mad. Fuck the NFL
>>
>>78222995
At least they'll finally have a new stadium after realizing neither LA nor Oakland we're going to use taxpayer dollars for that shitshow.

Politics aside, I just don't see how an NFL stadium is worth that much money.
>>
everyone is tired of horrible refs. it is simply unwatchable
>>
>>78223087
Not horrible refs, horrible rules
>>
I used to not be bored by watching football. Now I find it to be extremely boring. s there something wrong with me?
>>
>>78222808
These games this weekend were super fucking boring. There were only like 1-2 teams that even scored 30 points. And like 15+ that didn't even score 20. No really dominant standouts aside from 1-2
>>
>>78222864
You do know there's other sports commentary mediums besides ESPN right? Becoming a whiny little bitch about ESPN coverage is stupid as fuck. Just watch commentary from somewhere else, or listen to unfiltered podcasts.

These fucking NFL fans are dumber than the players I swear.
>>
>>78222281
I notice you don't have any dedicated Israelis or investment bankers on the Trump side, why is that?
>>
>>78223259
No, the game has become infested with commercials which makes them 10 times longer. Safety issues have made big hits illegal so it isn't as exciting and defense is basically just pushing. Refs have basically been told to stiffle any fights. There's a huge elephant in the room about concussions and head trauma that could be addressed but the NFL plays dumb instead. Tickets are too expensive for most teams to fill stadiums.

Basically over regulation, over capitalization, and under communication by the league.
>>
Quite the opposite, I get more excited every year. The only tirnoff is the retarded protests getting attention, but I don't tune into ESPN so it doesn't bother me. Goodell is a master at running the league by creating drama and stories to keep people entertained. On the other hand, a league like the NBA is a borefest now thanks to Silver not knowing how to make a league entertaining at all.
>>
I find myself more hyped to watch fucking esports these days than NFL games.
>>
File: 5112.jpg (65KB, 608x960px) Image search: [Google]
5112.jpg
65KB, 608x960px
blame ESPN and muh scary leftists all you want but NFL enjoyed a bubble along with other sports with the advent of social media. it's all hyping down now across the board but since NFL is the premier casual spectacle for normies it's getting hit hardest, everyone's getting bored of mostly the same shit year to year (not to mention how it's literally mostly commercials) while other sports have had established hardcore fanbases for decades and decades and decades

football is massive across most of the world where it's pretty much the only mainstream sport, to say nothing of the utter fanaticism it enjoys from its fans

basedball continues to be the most attended sport in the world (largely due to the huge amount of games but there also continues to be a huge dedicated fanbase that goes to those games every fucking day and is now on the up as a whole)

basketball is the main sport for blacks and is pretty damn popular in europe as well

hockey is canada's game and ingrained into even northern murrican culture in places while also being rather big in northern europe (still relatively small comparing to the other leagues but regardless has a dedicated hardcore fanbase)

handegg is only cared about in the states by normies and fantasy autists
>>
>>78223700
>basedball continues to be the most attended sport in the world

HAHAHAHAHAHAH. I literally see no one going to boreball games and I live in LA.
>>
>>78222864
Dude, just fucking ignore ESPN like >>78223647
You don't need ESPN to enjoy the NFL
>>
>>78222909
>pre madonna

My sides.
>>
File: attendance.jpg (103KB, 1009x329px) Image search: [Google]
attendance.jpg
103KB, 1009x329px
>>78223739
http://www.espn.com/mlb/attendance

how retarded are you? LA has had the highest attendance for years and so has the MLB as a whole. your shit commercial sport is dying faggot lmao
>>
>>78223860
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-sports-with-the-oldest-and-youngest-tv-audiences-2017-06-30

>average age of MLB viewer
>57

LMAO. The NFL, NBA and even MLS are a lot younger.
>>
It's bad because you had the panthers shoved down your throats even though they are much more boring than the packers. The leagues popularity goes up when there's a new great white qb on the up and up. Luck is hairy and ugly. It's all up to Carr
>>
>Patriots sucks now

NFL hasn't been this good in years desu.
>>
>>78223084
It isn't worth that much money when you count just ticket sales and such but it does cost that much to build.
Stadiums are huge money sinks
>>
>>78222829
All of this right here, plus with fantasy football people are more concerned with their players' stats than with the games themselves.
>>
>>78223384
I don't watch E!SPN you retarded faggot.

>>78223545
Good question I didn't make it.
>>
No. The hype from my perspective has been bigger than ever. Don't know what narrative you're trying to push but it looks like it's working given the number of people who took the b8.
>>
I dunno, kind of, yeah. It feels like something I used to be excited about in my college days. I used to make a day of it and make snacks and drink with my buddies and talk shit to other fans and save up money to go to to more important games in the late season. We'd tailgate before the games and drink a ton and make friends with other fans and taunt rivals fans.

Now it just feels artificial. I only want 1-2 beers. I'd kind of rather have a proper meal than nachos and burgers. I can think of a lot better ways to spend a couple hundred bucks. Other tailgating fans just seem a little obnoxious. I really just don't have all day to sit and watch a game. I could do like 2 hours, part of an afternoon, but fuck these games are like 3.5 hours and half of it is showing commercials or replays or coach reactions. Also, I hate the attention given to the social awareness side of it all. I'm cool with the military stuff but the breast cancer awareness crap and BLM stuff and some gay pride stuff I've seen are just annoying. I want to watch football, not go on Facebook.

I'm still going to watch religiously and I'll always be a fan, but I can't promise to watch every second of the games and I'm probably not going to any games anytime soon.
>>
>>78223566
Don't forget about the "No Fun League" rules. Some pretty silly "unsportsmanlike conduct" fouls and it only takes 2 of them to get you thrown out
>>
>>78224685
The product hasn't changed. You're just getting old and complacent.
>>
>>78224183
>average NFL viewer age: 50

wow you sure showed me

so what exactly does average viewer age have to do with you being a wrong, clueless retard about attendance? hold this L faggot
>>
>>78224735
Not that guy but the product has certainly changed.

> Longer run times due to a fuck ton of commercials
> emphasis on protecting players leads to offensive dominated games and a shitload of penalties
> shitty/out of date options for watching your team (seriously fuck them for blacking out the game in my area because I can't afford to pay literal hundreds of dollars to go to the game with my family)
> new era of free agency leads to a constant carousel of players funneling through teams, disincentivizing proper drafting and long-term planning
> cities being held hostage to finance stadiums for wealthy, billionaire owners
> transformation of the media leads to literal 24/7 coverage of teams and players
> prioritization of social commentary/less focus on the actual game (I don't care if Brady supports Trump, I don't care who sat out the anthem etc..)

The product has remained stagnant where it needed to change (outdated/expensive and unreasonable streaming options) and has changed for the worse in areas that didn't need to be changed (more commercials, more "coverage" of non-football)

Along with that the league seems so fucking insincere about literally everything and almost always seems to come out on the wrong side of an issue
> we respect Kaepernicks decision to sit out the anthem, however he is now essentially blacklisted from the league
> We really hate cheating guys, yet the patriots have won an unprecedented amount of Super Bowls since the turn of the century
> Serious Domestic Violence issues plague the league and players get minimal suspensions (Ray Rice knocked the fuck out of his GF and only got what, 2 games?), yet players get suspended SEASONS for smoking weed, get fined for wearing "unapproved gear" etc (although I am aware of the Due Process issues that come with suspending players before they are officially convicted). Shit Ray Lewis even murdered someone and still played
>>
File: 1505123235456.jpg (566KB, 1286x1775px) Image search: [Google]
1505123235456.jpg
566KB, 1286x1775px
I thought you guys loved commercials?
>>
>>78225660
>Kaepernick is blacklisted
>he's not just an incompetent mouth piece, who's not good enough for any team and has a haircut that lets you know he's not winning football games.
>>
>>78228184
>pay for the league pass
>watch ads
>>
>>78222829
Its weird how americans got mad when we pointed this stuff out and called us gay for preferring soccer, yet now people are realising we are right about the problems with the NFL and MLS is gaining fans

People have just realised other options are out there due to globalisation and people finally having non-shit internet
>>
>>78223120
why not both
>>
>>78222222
>>
>>78228184
>Posting pic of r*ddit
>ever
GO BACK
>>
>>78223860
Holy fuck america has 9001 billion people and ice hockey cant even get 20k a game? our shit 2nd division gets more than 20k

why does it even have a general thats pathetic
>>
>>78222829
Wow I feel for you Ameribro.
I just enjoyed 90 minutes of our football with 0 commercials, and a TV magazine only about the other Champions League matches (not about some crappy drama).
And tomorrow I'll do it again
>>
We need Friday night football.
>>
>>78223700
This
>>
>>78224183
t. Millennial
>>
Who the fuck knows, I'm an expat in chink land where no one give a flying fish fuck about NFL
>>
Yea it's because of jews
>>
>>78222079
The NFL is as popular as its ever been. Mostly because of fantasy sports and Madden. Without those two factors it would have died a long time ago. I think people care more about their fantasy league than the actual teams and players now.

And madden is more exciting than sitting through hours of commercials.
>>
Slow boring sport with too many penalties desu. Watched Cowboys v Giants and there was a penalty every 5 plays at least.
>>
>>78229007
good contribution to the thread
>>
>>78229238
>The NFL is as popular as its ever been
I feel like it peaked a few years ago, I bet if you pulled up viewership numbers in the past few years it has been declining
>>
File: 0zos7jy4uwsy.jpg (41KB, 606x960px) Image search: [Google]
0zos7jy4uwsy.jpg
41KB, 606x960px
>>78222048
Soccer is becoming more popular and its easier to play. Nobody wants a concussion. Little kids love the sport.
>>
>>78222655
this. so many millennials get their news from shitty buzzfeed style slideshows and from 5 second gifs that they dont even have the attention span to sit, focus, and watch anything for more than a minute. millennials think its weird to just sit there quietly, whereas that was pretty normal for my dad/grandpa.
>>
>>78222281
I get your point but jim rome is a piece of shit
>>
>>78228416
They play in arenas ya mook
>>
>players start saying they dont like america
>americans stop watching

wow
>>
Super Bowl 50's LGBT celebration and Black Panther tribute killed it for me. I watch sports to be entertained, not for identity politics/politics in general.
>>
>>78222913
>Love and Hip Hop

Explain why people love this show
>>
>>78229313
Having concussion is sacred anon
>>
>>78228416
18-20k is about average nba/nhl arena size
>>
>>78228416
according to that chart your second division averages about 9000 empty seats per game.
pathetic
>>
>>78229483
pretty much this. when you watch a game the networks seem to be focused on everything but the game. I don't care what kind of shitty life some WR had before pro football. I don't want to see the camera focused on the broadcasters while they talk about something stupid for 5 minutes. want the kneeling during anthem to stop being a big deal? stop having the cameras spend the entire anthem going up and down the sidelines hoping to see somebody kneeling so the network can make it a story. the networks (ESPN in particular) think their coverage, commenters, and talking heads are more important than the actual sports themselves. I just wanna see sports not this other shit that they spend 99% of their fucking time on hoping to get a reaction on twitter
>>
>>78222182
No they aren't.
>>
>>78223120
Both, which is truly absurd that the NFL is incapable of finding and training exceptional refs for the amount they pay them. It's pretty bizarre really.
>>
File: 1505194207894.png (191KB, 616x596px) Image search: [Google]
1505194207894.png
191KB, 616x596px
Who gives a fuck about the plastic fans?
>>
More commercials
Zero accountability when refs fuck up
Neutered defense

Those are the three reasons I find it harder to care about the NFL
>>
>>78222048
Well I feel like it's growing in Mexico. It always has been pretty popular but this few years with the games and all I feel like it's growing even more
>>
>>78224630
I work at a blue collar union job with dudes. The NFL is definitely discussed less frequently than it was in the past. I've noticed this.
>>
>>78222048
Watching sports is for cucks.
>>
>>78223566
>a quality post that's not WAAAAAH JEWS AND DIVERSITY AND LIBERAL MARXISTS

what the fuck....
>>
>>78222048
I sometimes wonder if the reason some people follow the NFL is because they play fantasy football, rather than because they enjoy the actual games.
>>
I'll tell you one thing, I'm sure as hell not gonna start devoting time to college football
>>
The NFL's mid-00s-early-10s ratings boom was directly the result of Fantasy Football. Now that smart phones are ubiquitous, fantasy addicts don't necessarily have to tune in to follow their players.

No doubt that the protests, commercials, and overall product has shaved off some ratings points, but not to the extent of the declines we're seeing.

NFL is by no means "dying," or in any kind of trouble here, it's popularity on television is simply returning to its pre-fantasy days.
>>
>>78223566
People who hate the NFL are seriously so fucking stupid with their reasons

>commercials

News flash: A sport as violent as football is going to have a lot of stoppages in play, and those stoppages are going to be filled with commercial time

>criticize NFL for making big hits illegal due to safety, then say they are ignoring concussions and safety issues

>having referees stop fights, which can cause serious problems in the rest of the game between massive men in armor, is bad

You guys seriously complain about every god damn sport.

The only sport league worth actually complaining about is the NBA, which is the worst sport league in the world.
>>
>>78233606
I wish they would have sideline ads and just switch over to their out of market game during breaks. Like how college basketball does during rounds 1 and 2 of March madness
>>
>>78233732
i never quite got why they are so stingy with what games they show where especially since when once game is over they switch to another

i purchased this service i found through plebbit that is basically NFL gamepass. cost $35 for the year and you can live stream every game in HD (but its like a minute behind), NFL network nad NFL redzone along with the archived full/condensed game and all 22 footage
>>
>>78233606
>criticize NFL for making big hits illegal due to safety, then say they are ignoring concussions and safety issues
These complaints aren't coming from the same people, Roger. The former doesn't actually come from anyone except maybe Curt Schilling-types who spout indefensible hot takes for attention
>having referees stop fights, which can cause serious problems in the rest of the game between massive men in armor, is bad
Again, literally no one says this. Shill harder fgt
>>
>>78228537
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naKQvKE-tZY
>>
>>78233925
The European nfl pass? That's cool. I hope they bring that to America when the directv deal dies in a few years
>>
>>78234344
yeah i tried the gamepass a few years back when there was the VPN hack and it was awesome
>>
>>78222048
NFL peaked in 2012.
It's been carried the last few years by fantasy football and those betting games.
Now that those aren't as much of a craze we can really sense how excitement has tapered off hard
>>
>>78234390
what do you think has replaced the nfl in popularity
>>
>>78234405
Nothing, it's still king.
But it's just not king shit where everyone and their brother was excited about the draft etc like it was only years ago

I think it has gotten too corporate
>>
>>78233925
It's an issue of what games are considered home market. Also, I know NBC can pretty much control the programming because they were committed to the NFL way before the other networks.
>Instead of carrying its scheduled Jets-New England game, NBC took Denver-Kansas City from CBS.
>>
>>78233005
Guess it depends where you are then. I'm in Pittsburgh and this city lives and breathes Steelers nonstop.
>>
>>78234405
Rick and Morty bootleg merch
>>
>>78234430
they get that control (flex scheduling they call it) for television ratings. sunday night football is the highest rated TV program every week, so the NFL wants them to have the best game that will get them the highest ratings

if sunday night football was owned by ABC instead they would get the same deal
>>
>>78222909
>pre madonna
>>
>>78234433
T. Northern Minnesota
Twins, Vikings / packers, Wild, UMD, and Badgers all get talked about. Not much about the timberwolves or gophers
>>
>>78234476
People will talk about the Timberwolves once they stop being shit, so maybe this year.
>>
Do most people watch college football all day saturday and NFL all day sunday?

>tfw i referee soccer in fall so i only do it all day satruday to watch nfl aLL DAY SUNDAY
>>
File: mnf7s-1-web.jpg (89KB, 750x426px) Image search: [Google]
mnf7s-1-web.jpg
89KB, 750x426px
>>78234448
Yeah but nbc pays like 1/10 what espn pays, they get a guaranteed Superbowl every few years, and espn had to air that fucking jets game last year lol
>>
>>78234476
Oooooo, where in northern Minnesota?
We could meet :^)

For northwest it goes
1. Vikes
2. Wold
3. Twins
4. Timberwolves
5. NDSU foosball
6. Sioux hockey
7. Gopher athletics
8. Anything else
>>
>>78234489
Agreed. I mean the Chippewa people like them even if they lose cuz the team gives out tickets to the tribes for raffles and shit. And coworkers go to games just to see the away team's big players lol
Hope they do better this year with all the roster changes
>>
File: IMG_20170912_064144450_HDR.jpg (4MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170912_064144450_HDR.jpg
4MB, 2340x4160px
>>78234525
I'm not in Bemidji, sorry senpai
St Louis County. Went up the north shore today
>>
File: IMG_0281.jpg (256KB, 1703x1256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0281.jpg
256KB, 1703x1256px
>>78222412
>Attendance is down
>Tickets are too expensive for most teams to fill stadiums.

You can thank Ticketmaster and scalpers for that.
>>
File: 1450924924265.png (284KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1450924924265.png
284KB, 500x376px
>>78234554
I'm further northwest than Bemidji even
>>
>>78234575
God aside from hauling lumber there must be nothing to do up there.
>>
>>78234588
P. much
Golf, read, lift
>>
>>78222048
Hi Simmons
>>
as long as the super bowl keeps growing, it'll be fine
>>
>>78222048
Less people care because more people realize how bullshit sports are.
>>
>>78234667
oh yeah and what do you care about
>>
>>78234681
Water
>>
>>78233732
Try and find streams of the skycam. I've watched a few college games from it and it's good.

>no commentary
>hear the players shit talking each other
>actual crowd noise

It's pretty comfy desu. I'm waiting for the day I can watch sports and just hear the game and not a couple of jagoffs talk about what I'm seeing.
>>
>>78234831
>and not a couple of jagoffs talk about what I'm seeing.

this is exactly why peoples obsessions with commentators, pregame/halftime/postgame shows, debate shows, etc flabbergasts me

i cant believe people actually pay attention to that shit
>>
It's just very predictable and boring now. There's maybe 1 good game every week that's it
>>
How fucking retarded are some of you guys?
>the games are longer than ever
Uhhh, no
>too many comercials
They've cut back the last few years
>>
File: khan.jpg (29KB, 428x600px) Image search: [Google]
khan.jpg
29KB, 428x600px
>>78222048
Wouldn't know because I'm not a casual faggot. I have a hometown team I will root for for life and football will always be my favorite sport which means I will always enjoy the drama and competition of the sport itself regardless of my team's relevance. Jags fan who played grade school football if anyone is wondering.
>>
>>78235321
Good goy
>>
>>78224369
>it sucks because the team that is good doesn't play the way I want it too
the fuck?
>>
File: IMG_0982.png (773KB, 719x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0982.png
773KB, 719x1280px
>>78222048
>the entire focus of the off-season is Kappernig and dindus beating their wives
>during the days and hours leading up to the first game all we heard about was BENNETT DINDU NUFFIN
>the beginning of every single game now starts with an analysis of which dindus are kneeling and/or throwing bananas at the flag
>literally half of the plays result in flags or are overturned
>every catch needs a 20 minute review by committee
>if you smile after a touchdown your team gets a 50 yard penalty
>games take 3 hours
>MNF literally just went on until 2am
>multiple marquee players are out injured for the year because of the completely unnecessary (((preseason)))
>ugly female commentators are now a thing

I live in Boston so I'm a Patriots fan by default, which I admit we have it pretty easy, but I've always watched games from across the league every week. This year definitely feels different. There just isn't the universal hype and excitement there usually is this time of year. I think all of the sjw dinduism and political correctness is finally starting to do real damage to the brand.
>>
>>78233606
>News flash: A sport as violent as football is going to have a lot of stoppages in play, and those stoppages are going to be filled with commercial time

Have you ever been to an NFL game? During commercials most of the players are literally just standing around doing nothing. The commercials last longer than it takes for someone to go to the locker room for injury, it takes longer than the huddles to call a play during a timeout, and they take longer than trainers coming to give players gatorade.

I went to a Rams game last year and during the commercials the players were staring at the Jumbotron looking at the highlights from other games around the league.
>>
>>78222048
i've never seen more obvious concern trolling bait in my life
>>
I dont talk to people outside my immediate family IRL so I don't know. I'm glad its back though.
>>
I don't think I ever could be a NFL customer.
Games are interrupted with constant commercial breaks, that's already a no-go for me, besides everything else.
Season is only 16 games long, and even shorter if your team sucks, because a losing team season's end has no redeeming features
And as a white man, I can't identify as the guys on the pitch, who wear face-masking helmets anyway

So I want to say that I have respect for you Americans for wanting to suffer that much to follow your favourite sport
>>
>>78229007
Lot of NBA when I went to school there.
>>
>>78222048

there's less hype about EVERYTHING because we have gone through about 2 years of crazy politics.
>>
here's what has soured me to the NFL lately:

>too many gay rules and over-strict refs. it's gotten to the point where every big play, you expect a flag
>too much focus on political shit
>feels like most of the teams kind of suck
>>
File: 25_thumb.jpg (34KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
25_thumb.jpg
34KB, 400x300px
>>78236151
>>too much focus on political shit
>No one will sign keapernick
>>
>>78236151
I agree with the first one, especially on defensive plays.
I find it easy to tune that out when I need to, though obviously that's not gonna be doable for everyone.
I agree, though I wonder how much of a new thing that is.
>>
>>78222048

its because of all the niggers disrespecting the country, thats why

on Undisputed yesterday, you had some nigger say tom brady is part of the worst people in the world. Literally.

2:04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwr5jN0ccxw
>>
for me its the fact that players get injured so often. ironically, the more they try to prevent injuries and big hits, the more injuries there seem to be. it's now at the point where about half of the teams, or more, will have their seasons ruined because of injuries.

it's just not fun anymore. and no i don't think it was always like this. players now have to play a bit more conservative and careful, and this has the opposite effect of what is intended; their bodies aren't as prepared to take big hits and they get hurt.

what's the fun in watching if by playoff time, almost every team is injured as fuck?
>>
It's cause Alabama is winning every game. NFL is boring now.
>>
>>78236230
>the worst people in the world
Wow he said Tom Brady wa-
>are good people who turn their head
Now that's some false advertising anon.
>>
when was the peak of the nfl, the 80s? since the end of cold war all american sports are starting to die, you don't need to pretend to like your dumb sports just because "lol fuck the rest of the world" and you are starting to get more and more interested in soccer

that and the fact that spics are the ethnicity that grows the most in the usa, you know american will be a soccer country in the near future
>>
>>78222079
NFL and NBA are all lefty as fuck in tegard to the players. Kids should be all into this faggy shit then.
>>
>>78236438
NFL peaked circa 2012-2015
Now it's all downward: less youth participation, CTE, niggerization of the league, *flags*, QBs being shit, defense being shit, commercials, SJW wanting to SJWize the league, old angry white dudes being angry their league is broken, FIFA World Cups effect, next TV deal being cut in half, ...
>>
>>78236411

he grouped in as "the worst people in the world"

theres no false advertising. Call Brady good, great, best player ever, etc. Whatever. Doesnt matter. The base group he put him in is "the worst in the world". It actually doesn't even make sense. It's contradictory. But his point still stands. He hates Tom Brady

>he's a good person....though id still put him in the worst people in the world category

nice nigger logic

fuck off faggot, kys
>>
>>78234681
Memeing it up on 4chan. It's literally the funnest thing to do. I giggle like a girl when I see a le happy merchant image.
>>
>>78222071
>I watch ESPN
I remember being 18
>>
>>78229839
Also how they winge on about nonsense that tries to paint the company good. Muh hurricane, muh charity, etc. NO ONE CARES STOP WASTING MY TIME.
>>
>>78229483
Yeah the black panther bullshit was awful. The Superbowl is supposed to be about the 2 best teams in the league going at it on the biggest stage, not a mic for social issues. I usually enjoy the halftime shows but that ruined what should've been a historic one.
>>
>>78234667
Go back to /a/ weebo.
>>
Yeah I hardly watch anymore, and when I do it's only for my teams games. It's a very obnoxious experience with the political nonsense and the constant commercials.
>>
>>78236151
How to save the NFL
nfc north (for example) plays their division games, that's 6 games
Then they also play a home away series with a different division within their conference, that's another 6 games
Then the last four games are two apiece from each remaining division
The next year, rotate which conference you go home and away with
Fuck the algorithms, fuck interleague play, let these guys build up rivalries within their own conference.
>>
>>78222655

I'm pretty sure baseball games are actually shorter than NFL games.
>>
Because it's shit
>>
>>78222079
>le millennial boogeyman
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.