[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most difficult position in any sport? I thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: pagliuca.jpg (107KB, 422x594px) Image search: [Google]
pagliuca.jpg
107KB, 422x594px
What is the most difficult position in any sport?

I thought of
- goalkeeper, basically a player with additionnal powers (using his hands). If he screws up it leads to a goal. they also need to be good at passing (or they give the ball to the opponents back)
- quarterback, the alpha and omega of offensive line. If he sucks well you can't score
- baseball pitcher and cricket bowler, if they suck your team loses

As other players positions can rely on other players to cover them and correct their errors, a thing these ones can't do
>>
QB gets my vote. There's just so much you need to know and do before a play even begins, let alone executing the play itself. On top of that you're pretty much forced to be the leader and icon of the team.
>>
The Designated Half-Time Blowie Boy
>>
>>78218085
Playing QB for the Browns. It's so difficult that nobody has ever done it successfully
>>
false holding box to box central trequartista 11
>>
No order.

Starting pitcher (cricket bowlers are only allowed 6 bowls until relieved)
QB
Goalie in any of the goal sports (soccer, hockey, Lacrosse)
Field goal kicker. Considered a non-football position, but to come in cold, with the game on the line, to nail a 50 yarder has to be hard as fuck.
Closing pitcher. Same dynamic as above.
Basketball point guard
Cricket batter who is the anchor of the lineup. Has similar stress as a starting pitcher.
>>
File: Southee to Taylor.webm (885KB, 598x336px) Image search: [Google]
Southee to Taylor.webm
885KB, 598x336px
for cricket it's the opener

your role is basically to sit it out during the most dangerous period of the game. If you get out early you expose the best batsmen in your team to a hard, bouncy ball that's moving all over the place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96iZcqmcEAo
>>
how the fuck is Fullback not the hardest position in soccer?
>>
>>78218085
keepers don't need to be "good" at passing. Casillas could barely hit a mammoth from a 10m distance and nobody even noticed until he started to suck in every other aspect of the goalkeeping job
>>
6th man in hockey
>>
>>78220799
I swear to you, your "sport" makes no sense
>>
>>78220901
it makes perfect sense
>>
Goalkeeper is actually the easiest position in football, most gks probably don't even make 5 saves a match and most of those are pretty easy saves. Also, only gks at elite teams need to be good at passing, most of them just hoof the ball and wait for the best. In their defense, they do have an insane amount of pressure because even a slight mistake might end up as a goal.

It's hard to choose the most complicated position in football but it's probably CM, while, one thing I'm sure about, is that it's not GK
>>
>>78218112
>qb looks at defense before the snap
>if x isn't open and y isn't open then z will be
>be hailed at sporting genius
QB is the most overrated position in all of sports. Anyone with a 120+ IQ has the intelligence to make these reads quickly. Of course, you must also have the physical tools to make the throws accurately but the physical requirements for QB are extremely low.
>>
>>78220822
That's also one of the easiest positions, that's why good attacking fullbacks usually end up as wingers (like Bale) while good defensive fullbacks end up as CBs (like Sergio Ramos). They do need to be in top physical shape but most fullbacks are just guys who aren't really good at anything (in Mexico we have this guy called Layun, he's fast af and runs all around but he's dumb as fuck and can't make a good cross even if his life depended on it...despite that he's been a starter for years in the NT)
>>
>>78220822
Because that's where wingers who can't score and manlets who aren't smart enough for CM play. Very few FBs are actually good at their own position.
>>
>>78220952
Being a GK is even harder when you are hardly being tested. Speaking as a GK I played much better when I got tested a few times and got to feel my way into the match than when I would sit back there alone for 30 min and then have to make a big save.
>>
Level of responsibility, or the amount of risk gained from failure calculates what is most difficult position? I'd say the most difficult position is one that actually requires the most versatile set of different skills, which makes the question silly because most positions require mastery only in one or two aspects.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.