[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Croatia men's national basketball team was involved in a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1490568431387.png (8KB, 314x309px) Image search: [Google]
1490568431387.png
8KB, 314x309px
Croatia men's national basketball team was involved in a controversy during the medal ceremony at the 1995 FIBA European Championship. Right before the winning Yugoslav team were about to receive their gold medals, the third-placed Croatian team, in an unprecedented move, stepped down from the medal podium and walked off the court. Croatia's basketball team hasn't set foot once on the medal podium in any major international competition since. The curse theory has all the more credence bearing in mind that Croatia won a medal in every competition every year since it became an independent state prior to the curse taking place (silver in the 1992 Olympics, Silver and Bronze in the 1993 and 1995 EuroBasket competitions respectfully, and Bronze in the 1994 FIBA World Championship). As of 2017 (22 years later) the closest they came to winning a medal since was the Eurobasket 2013 third place game where Croatia lost out to Spain in a 92-66 blowout.
>>
that's because they didn't wanna listen to the yugoslav anthem
>>
Its a joke. Crofaggs are shit in basketball.Meme players expecting good things. Pressure is to big for their shit tier squad. They just wanna be better then Serbia and that is imposibrrruuu.After Drazen Petrovic died they cro basketball died too.
>>
This """"""""sport"""""""" is only taken seriously by eastern bloc shitholes and burgers. It should be on /asp/.
>>
>>78200773
This
>>
>>78200733
>>78198577
Are Peja Stojaković and Vladi Divac popular in Serbia?
>>
>bringing this political shit into sports

Those niggers who did the black power salute on the olympic podium should have been banned for life from competing again to set a precedent.
>>
Why can't you Yugos just get along?
>>
>>78200849

I don't know, honestly I'm rooting for my Crobros. I mean I still read their news after their lose and laugh at their rage, but I watched the Russia game and rooted for them and was sad when they lost. I guess it's a win-win for me.

Croatian coach before Russia game: "Easiest scouting ever. I know exactly what we need to do." Literal quote. Although he DID say that the game was 50-50, so I guess he wasn't that cocky.
>>
>>78200835
This
>>
>>78200813
Even Djokovic is not popular in serbia any more. So do a math
>>
>>78200813

Peja doesn't even live here and barely come and Divac helped Kosova enter the Fiba and IOC so no they're not so popular.
>>
>>78200773
It's popular all over Europe except the UK and the Scandinavian countries, you autist.
>>
>>78200773
>talking shit when your country's sport is gay shit for little girls and 3rd world shitholes
>>
>>78200899
>talking shit with that flag, ever
>>
>>78200871
>I don't know, honestly I'm rooting for my Crobros
>refugeeswelcome.jpg
just end yourself cuck
>>
>>78200773
Bigger in china than anywhere else (besides here) roachie
>>
>>78195811
We always choke, or barely avoid choking, when we expect an easy win. In every sport. Those guys don't have their heads on court if they're not playing against best teams. They lost to Spain, but at least they played well to enough to make it look like they could win. This now was a humiliation and I love seeing them being upset, hoping they'd actually learn that it's not always bad luck but a lack of balls. Same goes for many other sportsmen in Croatia. Not to mention that Croatian media (and public) is a bunch of retards who like to build hype and boast how we're great before proving anything. And when the inevitable crash happens, they chimp out. England tier.
>>
File: aku pepe.jpg (78KB, 960x916px) Image search: [Google]
aku pepe.jpg
78KB, 960x916px
>>78200923
>literally the only country who can call us out like this
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>78195811
butthurt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKsQuzL5aHs
>>
>>78200923
Stfu tran cong viet hung or I'll drop more napalm on your bamboo hut.
>>
>>78195811
meh, lack of talent, bad coaches but most importantly complete lack of heart and balls. honestly, when I watch Serbia play I feel admiration because of their heart. Something our basketball national team doesn't have, they always seem like a bunch of strangers who are now on a team together, somehow. maybe they should take lessons from handball or waterpolo NT.
anyhow, hopefully things get better next time (with Žižić, Zubac etc) and I am unironically supporting Serbia now on Eurobasket. GL bres
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.