[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people always praise Duran when this guy is clearly the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 4788288-6231200692-68624a.jpg (636KB, 2052x2944px) Image search: [Google]
4788288-6231200692-68624a.jpg
636KB, 2052x2944px
Why do people always praise Duran when this guy is clearly the GOAT? He could put down Mayweather just like he put down "No mas" Duran.
>>
>>77917983
There's no way of knowing. Mayweather never really struggled with anyone.

The only difficulty he ever had was with wild brawlers.
>>
>>77918007
>Mayweather never really struggled with anyone
uh.. no sweetie...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKCTWc3xFiw
>>
Duran was the greatest Lightweight of all time, who went up to fucking Middleweight and was super competitive.

Everything Duran did post his Lightweight era was not 'peak Duran'. And yet he still hung in there and beat some of the greatest of that era.

Duran P4P shits all over Hearns even if Hearns gave him a whooping of a lifetime.
>>
If Hitman didnt break his hand Haggler was finished
>>
>>77917983

both are inferior to Sugar Ray Leonard
>>
>>77918038
don't sound so gay, id appreciate that.

I addressed that did i not?. floyd had one arm and beat the shit out of him in a rematch ...

For Castillo and Maidana, it was their unorthodox angles that trouble the pure boxer... he adjusted well in the rematches though.

I'm not a Floyd fan, but it is what it is, he is an ATG
>>
Hearns had no defense which is why he now talks the way he does
>>
File: SRL105222258.jpg (40KB, 385x481px) Image search: [Google]
SRL105222258.jpg
40KB, 385x481px
>>77918043
This shit is why I think Duran is the most overrated of the Fab 4.
Somehow he gets more credit than Hagler, Leonard, and Hearns simply for being competitive (but losing) half of the time against the best guys he fought at welterweight and above. The other half of the time he got completely demolished, as seen vs Leonard in both rematches and vs Hearns.

That seriously doesn't make any sense. He's known for his career Welterweight and onwards, but without trying to give him credit for fighting at a higher weight class and comparing it based on fights, every single elite fighter he fought 147 and up beat him. The only match he won against an elite fighter was the first Leonard fight, but even then he got humiliated and quit part way through the rematch, and I would argue Leonard deserves credit for fighting a very competitive infight with the best infighter in boxing during their first match.
Duran lost to Benitez, he lost to Leonard twice, he lost to Hagler, and he lost to Hearns in a 2nd round KO.

Duran is a great fighter, but I don't think he has a case for being the best of the Fab 4.
Does he deserve some credit for being competitive at 147 and above? Yes.
Does he deserve to be rated over the other Fab 4 because of that? Hell no.
And fuck P4P, we saw him get demolished by Leonard and Hearns. Pretending they're the same size doesn't change enough to say he wins those matchups he got whooped one-sidedly (Especially not when everyone had a size disadvantage to Hearns, not just Duran). Maybe you can argue a lightweight Duran could beat Benitez and Hagler, but even if you think that, that still doesn't put him above Leonard who whooped Hearns, Benitez, Hagler, and Duran.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.