[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will he be a £200m player? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0u 2zpnjoNw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3

File: pulisic_cl.jpg (156KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
pulisic_cl.jpg
156KB, 1200x800px
Will he be a £200m player?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0u2zpnjoNw
>>
>>77909635
Fact is, market has gone crazy after the Nerman transfer.
One could argue the real price of Nerman is not 222 m €. But you must context this with the Higuain and Lukaku sales. Who are pure strikers, limited and only good at this. Nerman is way more than that. In this light, Nerman is easily worth 222 m €
222 m € is now the upper limit for a player. So, you take Dembélé. All memes aside, he is more useful than Lukaku, and younger. His price is logically between Lukaku and Nerman.
Now take Pulisic. He's American, very important. Because he can open the market of the richest country in the world. When you see that NHL (a fringe sport) makes as much as money than PL, one can wonder, what could Pulisic achieve from an economic standpoint?
On this alone, I think Pulisic is a bankable, marketable player, for the US market.
>>
>>77909680
Could easily see him going to PSG, and them marketing the "American in Paris" angle.
>>
he's going to bayern for free and there's NOTHING dirtmund can do
>>
>>77909687
Hmmmmmmm....

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/06/christian_pulisic_bayern_munich.html
>>
>>77909686
PSG don't really need forwards. Pulisic would be wasted if he goes there, but it would be a massive publicity stunt.
Best thing for Pulisic is probably to stay at Dortmund for a few years, develop into a complete forward, win things with his club, shine in the WC.
Then, in 2023, move in MLS? Pushed by politics, FIFA and investors. We don't know yet the 2026 WC host, but there is a joint bid US-Mexico-Canada.
The popularity of "soccer" would take a massive kick with a star like Pulisic (and friends) playing in MLS, winning CONCACAF stuff
Remember how Nerman moved to PSG: because he has been paid by Qatar to be the figurehead of the Qatar WC, same thing could happen with Pulisic
>>
>>77909696
just like hummels right
>>
>>77909687
because that worked out so great for players in the past.
>>
Move to Dinamo Zagreb this winter you read it first
>>
>>77909716
Or gotze
>>
>>77909635
it's either Bayern or the Premier league for him.
>>
>>77909706
>Then, in 2023, move in MLS?

No.

There may be more money in MLS in a few years time, but not the kind of money that can lure a world class player in his prime there, even if he is an American.

Soccer is gaining popularity in the US, but it's not at the level where MLS can compete with the big Euro leagues and the main American sports.
>>
>>77909680
I feel kinda bad for him.

He's pretty good but most of his value comes from being american so teams that are actively trying to work the market are into him mostly for that reason.
>>
>>77909635
Maybe, he's a burger after all.

Trust me I know the power big countries have when overhyping players, Brazil does it all the time.
>>
>>77909948
>2023 is 6 years away
tell me, would you have bet that a LIGUE 1 club would buy a player 222 millions of €, 6 years ago?
We can't know
Football economy grows 10% per year btw
>>
>>77909635
I love how assmad this kid makes all the yurofags

>h-he's not that good
>t-these goals are all luck
>t-there are plenty of other 18 year old that are better!
>>
File: mllewaifu1.jpg (32KB, 710x400px) Image search: [Google]
mllewaifu1.jpg
32KB, 710x400px
>>77910348
>tfw PSG-LA Galaxy World Club Cup Final
>>
>>77910947
>29 matches 3 goals last season in bundesliga
he is bottom average
>>
He will never leave us. He's a BVB boy.
>>
Welcome to Liverpool, lad.
>>
>>77910988
keep the taers flowing, Abdul
>>
>>77910988
>29 goals in 3 Bundesliga matches at 17 years of age
>2 goals in 3 Bundesliga matches at 18 years of age

"average"
>>
>>77910348
>tell me, would you have bet that a LIGUE 1 club would buy a player 222 millions of €, 6 years ago?

If you told me that the club would be bankrolled by an oil country desperate to improve its reputation? Yes.

PSG (and Monaco) do not in any way represent L1's current financial power/attractiveness/level.
>>
>>77911272
>PSG (and Monaco) do not in any way represent L1's current financial power/attractiveness/level.
... yet. I don't know if you have noticed, but people talk a lot more about Ligue euh now that Neymar is there.
PSG is a locomotive for the rest of the League. Even Anne Hidalgo acknowledges Neymar huge salary is a necessary evil to make >us more famous
>>
>>77911324
>PSG is a locomotive for the rest of the League

That's a meme, they're a locomotive only for themselves. You think good players will pass up playing in a superior league for better money just to play against Neymar? You think that Neymar alone will help multiply the TV rights by 2 or 3 so the rest of the league can get competitive?

No one cared about Ligue 1 before and no one will now, it's only about Nerman and PSG to a lesser extent. It'll be known as the league where Neymar chased money, maybe.

And since when is Hidalgo's opinion on ANYTHING worth a shit?
>>
>>77911422
>You think that Neymar alone will help multiply the TV rights by 2 or 3 so the rest of the league can get competitive?
Yes. You're a fool if you don't believe Ligue 1 won't be more and more prestigious.
Why? Because Ligue 1 is the last of the 5 main leagues to be in that state. Even the Portugal league is somehow more prestigious. Investors are coming. First Frank McCourt. Then it will grow
Mark my words, mon ami.
>>
WTF I love Pulisic now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbiY0Sk1G0g
>>
>>77911963
> Hershey, Pensilvania - Home of Chocoolate

Is he feeding Götze?
>>
Pulisic will be the most expensive player in about 3 years if nothing abnormal happen to him.

I know these things.
>>
funny how people ITT rate a player with such average statistics, but heh, he's """american""" and """white"""
>>
>>77911213
KEK, why would i had tears ? i have dembele and mbappe who are already way better than your benched player.
>>77911238
what the fuck are you even talkin about, he played 29 matches and scored 3 goals, it's fuckin bottom average for a plyer OLDER than mbappé, KEK
>>
>>77911136
I could legitimately see BVB pulling out all the stops to keep Pulisic. He's the kind of player that can permanently increase the net worth of their club by growing them a bandwagon in the US. Pulisic is a once in a lifetime opportunity that I'm sure they'll go to extraordinary lengths to try and keep.

At the end of the day though, it's gonna come down to where Pulisic wants to go, but I believe Dortmund will attempt to offer him things they wouldn't offer any other player.
>>
I swear to fuck if this cunt mentions because he's american
>>
>Bay-Vah-Bae
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>77911213
>have neymar
>about to have mbappe
>cry because of a dortmund reserve
>>
>>77910970
Literally made to be pleasured by BBC
>>
>>77911324
>people talk a lot more about Ligue euh now that Neymar is there

It's like you don't know what fads are. By next month the only people still discussing him will be the French and the Hues.
China thought throwing money around would attract a lot of attention and it did for a few months. Just like Russia did. The main difference is that these were multiple clubs doing it to try and improve the league overall. It didn't happen.
Now you're trying to use PSG and Ligue 1 as if they're interchangeable. Ligue 1 doesn't become more desirable just because Mememar is there. If that were case players would have been throwing themselves at Eibar, not just to play against Nerman, but Messi, Suarez and Ronaldo too. Did you see that happening?
>>
>>77914050
>Americucks
>>
>>77914132
t. Britbong

Why are your women so ugly?
>>
>>77910347
Yeah but Americans are expected to suck
>>
>>77910988
Can you tell me how many goals and assists Messi had at 17, 18?
>>
>>77910988
>he is bottom average
He helped decide a cup final at 18.
>>
Recently he has become really selfish, seems like the hype is getting to him.
>>
>>77909794
>Buyern

Why would he take a step down in his career?
>>
>>77909635
He's going to real Madrid in 2 years to begin eternal rivalry with Dembele. Screenshot this.
>>
PULISGOD PULISGOD
>>
He'll be at Stoke in 3 years.
>>
I can imagine Pulišić playing for Philadelphia Union in 15 years
>>
>if his early form is anything to go by he'll smash those numbers
No, it's not. Lots of people scored 2 goals in 3 games: it doesn't mean they scored 30 goals in a 45 game season.
>>
>>77909635
in 5 years, mohamed salah would cost 200m
>>
>>77916082
Not true at all.
>>
>>77916819
>scored 2 goals in 3 games at age 18
>>
If Pulisic wasn't American he would be the best young talent in all but 3-5 nations.
Stop >muh Merrican hype babbying him.
He is barely 18 and already a key player at the 8th most successful club in Euope.
Easily the best young player in the Bundesliga.
>>
>>77914116
Unlike China or Russia, France is right in the middle of Europe. Everybody would be interested in Ligue euh if we had 2+ competitive teams
>>
>>77924189
Not to mention that players would prefer to live in France over Germany and England. Probably the second best place to live as a young footballer after Spain. Italy a close 3rd.
>>
>>77912805
Kek u r so mad
>>
>>77913070
It's how retarded Brits with elephant ears like prince Charles who pretend to know how to pronounce BVB the way it's pronounced in german pronounce BVB.

Would be more like Bay Fow Bay though
>>
>>77924189
t. Delusion

Outside of international cl matches ligue un will stay less relevant than Portugal's
>>
>>77925295
what do you fear?
>>
Pulisic will be forever shadowed by Nerman
>>
>>77925310
Stupid question.
Try to be realistic and not delusional from the neymar meme transfer.
Screencap this, see you next year.
>>
>>77925336
Ligue 1 is getting more competitive, so more watchable, more marketable. This is not a delusion. People will watch Neymar play against our small teams and our small teams will be more known and liked. Ligue 1 will become more popular. It will bring money for our small clubs which will be able to keep their players
It's not about replacing any other league, especially Bundesliga. So don't fear, my dear Buyern customer, your league is safe
>>
>Ligue 1 isn't even a top 5 league anymore
>>
>>77925369
Stop making fun of my League and answer me >>77924933
>>
>>77915375
8 goals 3 assists in 25 games while playing out of position (LW), and in the next year he was already scoring hattricks against the likes of Real Madrid.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.