[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>dribble this >dribble that Is dribbling skill that useful?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: dribble.gif (1MB, 400x222px) Image search: [Google]
dribble.gif
1MB, 400x222px
>dribble this
>dribble that
Is dribbling skill that useful? We don't see much dribbles per matches in modern football, it is mostly always more efficient to pass the ball
dribble: eliminate 1 player, not really sure of the outcome position/direction
pass: eliminate 1 or more players, you can be pretty sure of outcomes
>>
No because it slows down the game. you only need them against trash teams that only park the bus where there is no speed in the first place.
>>
>>77909393
>football is all counter attacks and speed speed speed
no
situational dribbling works but it has to be more spontaneous
>>
>>77909393

Look at the .gif.

There is no one in the box. Neymar is simply waiting for someone to show up and does tekkers to pass the time.
>>
>>77909393
Although it's true that dribbling is useful against teams that park the bus, I feel dribbling is more relevant now than ever.
There are so many counterattacking teams that defensively are very organised. It takes a lot to break these teams down. Players that can beat their man are important in this respect.

Also, there is a trend of teams when they don't have the ball, they press the opponents midfielders very aggressively to get them to cough up the ball so they can quick counter. In this case a midfielder which is a proficient dribbler would be invaluable because he can wriggle out of the press and then move the ball up.
>>
>>77909393
slowing down the game on one side of the pitch means there will be space and time on the other side of the pitch.

Football is very much about getting past defenders, if you can do it 1v1 it gives you another situation were you can be 2v1
>>
>>77909362
Are you retarded? of course it's useful. Doesn't mean Nerman doesn't go overboard with it a lot of times
>>
>>77909362
>muh old school footyball no fun allowed
>>
>>77909362
people wish but it is not. Most dribbling is running faster than your opponent anyway, not fancy tricks
>>
File: 1498622126499.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1498622126499.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>77910330
But back in the day players would do it a lot more, what are you talking about.

Of course they end up like this
>>
>>77909567
but you don't need it. just look at Real Madrid in the past few years.
>>
>>77909362
This better be fucking bait.
>>
>>77910134
This

Dribbling is unbeleviably important. It is literally a gamebreaker
>>
>>77910134
>>77910498
Dribblers are important now because referees protect them so they can actually do stuff.

The problem with these kind of players is that they almost never do it when the game is tied or they're losing, they only do it when they're winning with advantage. I've seen Neymar do it against Alaves when they were 5-0, just unnecessary taunting and the reason he gets his knees kicked
>>
>>77910558
Even back in the tiki taka days of barca they had great dribblers. They are necessary.
>>
>>77909362
Only useful in very specific cases and the success rate of even the best dribblers is too low for it to be considered a consistently useful technique. That's not to say it should never be used. It should be used as a technique with other techniques. The best players know how and when to mix it up.
>>
Dribbling isn't just step overs and spins all the time.
Messi was without a doubt the greatest dribbler of his generation and all he used was change of pace, light body feints and unbelievable ball control.
Things like a light touch to dig the ball out of your feet to get a shot on goal while running full speed are super difficult.
Skill dribbling isn't just Ronaldo doing 20 stepovers to cut inside or Neymar doing ball rolls and elasticos on the corner flag
>>
>>77910483
Ok, I meant more technical dribbling like CR7 and Neymar. I wasn't aware of all meanings of the word.
>>
>>77911409
So you don't mean dribbling in general, you mean skills and techniques. Some of it does have some value, the idea is to deceive your opponent and get past them before they can react to what you were actually doing. If a player successfully does that then that's all that matters. Sometimes players are just showboating, Neymar is pretty bad for this. But this can have value too I guess, spectators come to watch games to see the best players do stuff that no one else can do, so why not embrace it? I dunno, I don't really care but I guess some people do.
>>
>>77909362
>dribble: eliminate 1 player, not really sure of the outcome position/direction
you forget the most important part
>create number superiority
if you dribble a rival and leave behind a line suddenly your team has more players available making it easier to triangle or drive your way through another rival line or create goal chances

it's like playing with more players than your rival
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.