[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In all honestly, what is your opinion regarding this guy? Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: descarga.jpg (10KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
10KB, 275x183px
In all honestly, what is your opinion regarding this guy? Is he a good player or nah? Why yes or why not? Who would you replace him with, if given the chance to do so.
>>
he is handsome (no homo)
mirin dem face gainz (no homo)
>>
Literally won the jackpot of life
>millionaire
>plays children's game for living
>practically injury free career
>plays for top 5 club in world
>won champions league
>won World Cup
>married to international pop star
>blue eyes
>no homo but good lookin
>>
>>77905413
Yeah but i've heard some people more than dislike him due to his performance.
>>
>>77905249
I suppose he must have been good at some point, but whenever I see him play, he is legit bad with either no desire or lack of skill to stop the opposition's attack
>>
>>77905249

I've seen him doing great and horrible. Nowadays it seems like he's way past his prime.
>>
>>77905956
>>77905981

For me, he does some good stuff, collaborates well with his team while attacking working as a back up, and every now and then makes a goal, but I find his deffense game lacking a bit, wich is ironic since he is ACTUALLY A DEFENSE. Seems weird to me
>>
>>77905249
Was a very good player in one of the best teams in the history of the game. He's not world class, it's become clear now that he doesn't have the likes of Puyol, Xavi, Valdes alongside him.
>>
>>77906038
He did win one world cup, but that was some time ago wasnt it?
>>
>>77906071
One World Cup and one European Championship, but again, that was in one of the best teams ever and now that Spain have dipped a bit since those days so has he when playing for Spain.
>>
>>77906098
Age must be starting to get to him, plenty of spanish legend have alredy retired, and he is entering his 30s. Aside from that, I belive he's still got some of that old magic in him
>>
>>77906071
It's real easy to look world class when puyol is cleaning up your messes
>>
>>77906166
Yeah sure I think age is a factor too. I guess it is possible that the problems with Barcelona are causing the issues more than any other factor. Someone really needs to get that club back on track, they're already at least two years away from catching up Real Madrid and it could get worse.
>>
>>77906202
Messi is entering his 30s, so is suarez and of course, Pique. They need to get new young players soon, just look at how Asensio is doing. If they dont time is gonna wither them away.

>>77906174
Dont remember what you are talking about, need to watch a few of those matches again, but you could tell me what are you reffering to?
>>
>>77906239
Most of the best central defensive partnerships of recent times consist of one cultural, modern defender who is usually quite good on the ball and one traditional, hard defender who let's nothing get past him. Puyol did the dirty work which enabled Pique to look good. If he doesn't have someone like that alongside him then his frailties are more readily exposed. I can't think of any specific examples off the top of my head but I imagine it would be quite clear if you watch any of their big matches of this era, ie Champions League finals and semis, El Clasicos, etc.
>>
>>77906437
Makes sense, need to look at old matches
>>
>>77905249
He's still their best CB. Both in Guardiola's first 3 years and the 2 first seasons with LE at the helm he was top 3 at the position with peak seasons in which he was the best in the world. Now he's older, slower, plays a little more careless? And his physical abilities are much lower. He's still good but below what he was.

tl;dr: good player and not meme player
>>
File: cutler.jpg (46KB, 800x451px) Image search: [Google]
cutler.jpg
46KB, 800x451px
>>77905249
He's a good defender.
>>
>>77905249
he was amazing 10 years ago
he's been in slow but steady decline since then
>>
>>77905249
He's an average defender but he can play with his feet and people at Barcelona get hard with that so he gets a pass.
>>
He's very good overall, stupendous at defending corners, but weak in 1v1s.
>>
File: 2923586986.jpg (37KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
2923586986.jpg
37KB, 480x360px
He always chats shit about Madrid but gets exposed every Clasico so I won't ever rate him
>>
He grew in to Guardiolas style very well, he looked quite shit the first half a year or so, maybe longer than that.
Then he was pretty GOAT for many years when the team functioned well. He was put in many situations like the ones against Ronaldo recently where he saved the team against much faster players where he shouldn't be able to.
Now he seems to have lost a lot of that, but he's still very important for their style as he takes the right decisions with the ball.
>>
he's complete shit

literal Puyol/Ramos babby
>>
>>77907758
>he can play with his feet

his ability to get away with handballs is more impressive

nothing defender playing 90% of his games against trash and getting exposed against decent opponents with a couple of uefaloning thrown in for good measure
>>
>>77906038
>Valdes
>>
>>77908638
>that goal
NEVER FORGET
>>
hot wife
>>
>>77914190
>goal
>>
>>77905365
He's got a chuvby face wth you talking about.

He's got good height, frame, and dick, tho. No homosexual implications.
>>
>>77914832
you wanna get HEEM'd, danskjävel?
>>
File: 1503990644091.jpg (35KB, 531x599px) Image search: [Google]
1503990644091.jpg
35KB, 531x599px
>>77914920
>and dick
How do you know?
>>
>>77905249
Average defender with the passing of a good midfielder
>>
>>77915679
It must take special ''requirements'' to bone shakira dont you think?
>>
>>77905249
when he's at top level he's really good, specially playing barcelona's style

right now he's a pile of old shit getting exposed in every game, literally
>>
>>77915711
Not really.
>>
>>77915767
That guy clearly also has a great dick.
>>
>>77905249

meme player now once good, now only a shadow of what he was in the past, he will be a great meme barça president or "muh independence" politician in the future.
>>
Puyols babby. Need strong black man to hold his hand.
>>
He's a Puyol babby. Not a coincidence he became shit after Puyol retired
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>77915860
Why is /sp/ is full of fags?
>>
>Won treble
>Won the world cup
>Plays for one of the best clubs
>High salary
>Guaranteed future club president
>Highly respected in his his team's fanbase
>Good looking
>Married to Shakira

>mfwywn be Pique
>>
>>77915954
>>77915940
This shit is weird, because back then Puyol was the old slow one getting hilariously exposed by pace and people were saying yeah well he's a leader and important for organisation, but he's never been a great talent.
>>
>>77916134
I could swear I remember puyol being the Catalonian version of Ramos behaving like a fucking goon on the field
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.