[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He's done right? Conor's whole image was one of being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 42

He's done right?

Conor's whole image was one of being a cocky bad ass knockout artist, and he just showed his power is a joke and took a humiliating prolonged beating. He looked like a lost little boy in there.

How can white Americans get behind him now? Is the meme over?
>>
He's a massive meme.

His entire persona is built off arrogance he now has a history of not backing up.

Why should anyone believe him when he talks shit to promote a fight again?
>>
>>77895165
no, he can go back to mma where the talent pool is tiny and everyone sucks. As long as he stays there he can remain a badass in the eyes of the retards that like that animalistic circus.
>>
He's 100% a meme. His whole career has been him beating smaller opponents past their primes, as soon as he was forced to face someone who was bigger than him he got exposed.

Ferguson/Khabib/Lee/Barboza/ would eat this maggot for breakfast the next loss will be career-ending.
>>
>>77895165
you boxing cuckolds are ridiculous, everybody knew how unfair the fight was, everybody. but you beta weaklings turn the whole thing as if the fight was unfair for floyd.
>>
He lost fights before, you know, in his game, and showed incredible humbleness and character facing them. He'll bounce back, and still act like a crazy mofo in the pre fights.
He's supposed to act cocky before the fights and talk smack, he's not competing in a short fiction challenge.
If you watch a few interviews with him you'd see that outside the intimidation act before the fights he looks like a legit nice guy.
>>
Honest question. Why can he knock out mma guys so easily but his power is useless when it comes to boxing?

Hell even in his matches against Diaz 1 and Holloway, his power wasn't close to knocking them out. Do legs really make a difference? Or is it coz those were the only guys who had some me actual boxing skills?
>>
File: 1501903978179.jpg (195KB, 798x770px) Image search: [Google]
1501903978179.jpg
195KB, 798x770px
>>77895165
You know you suck when a 40 year old Floyd Mayweather with brittle hands is walking you down.
>>
>>77895321

dude what?
>>
>>77895165
He'll be back when he beats Ferguson, Lee, Khabib etc
>>
I dunno, man.

I've been in too many threads with salty Spanish/Irish/British flags telling me this is actually a win for MMA because a 0-0 MMA fighter "forced" Mayweather to fight like a Mexican and it took him 10 rounds to fall.

Nothing short of a Honda Housey blowout will convince them. The meme goes on.
>>
File: 1503852020515.png (491KB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
1503852020515.png
491KB, 405x720px
POINT TO THE EASY WORK
>>
>>77895494
Nate gonna win the trilogy

Cap this
>>
>>77895522
Because boxers are used to other boxers being punched in the head and they have real killers there (the Mike Tysons or George Foremans of the world) who can knock you out even with 10 ounce pillow gloves versus the cardboard padding 4 ounce gloves in MMA.

MMA still has the choke you out, kick you in the head, knee you in the stomach, or pound you in the ground options though.
>>
He's a bigger star now than he was before. He'll be alright.
>>
If he had just tanked a knock down, caught his breath, and got back up to fight he could've at least taken it to the cards.
>>
>>77897331
>Those combos
Floyd look fresh as hell in comparison.
>>
File: DIOhRv4XkAAQYc8.jpg large.jpg (77KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DIOhRv4XkAAQYc8.jpg large.jpg
77KB, 576x1024px
>>77895165
my hope is mcmeme gets cocky, believes his own spin, and fights Canelo who really will fuck him up
>>
Conor should've just head kicked him
>>
>>77897284
*points*
>>
>>77897331
At 0.25 he truly understands he's got no business being in that ring.
>>
>McGregor has never fought past 5 rounds in his pro life
>Expected to go for 12 against the best in a different sport

If you lost money, you should feel ashamed.
>>
Anyone who actually watched the fight thought connor looked decent for a guy with 0 experience. He was dodging shots in the early rounds. He held his own the entire fight until he got gassed at the end there. Everyone is just over stating how awful he really looked. I was worried connor was going to get in the ring the get utterly embarrassed and not land a single punch. He looked like he could have a future in boxing. I hope he sticks to UFC.
>>
>>77895522
MMA guys tend to leave their chin hanging out and don't roll with punches, so they take the full brunt of it every time they get hit. Boxers, even when they get hit, generally don't eat 100% of the force
>>
>>77897331
I wish the ref would've given it 20 more seconds so we could see McGregor on the floor
>>
>>77897591
>He looked like he could have a future in boxing

Lol no. He would be ranked outside of the top 100 fighting for rent money in bingo halls. He is not an elite athlete, just a tough guy
>>
>>77895180
tbf Haye kept on succeeding in selling his boring a fuck fights
>>
>>77897329
>Implying Conor will agree to fight him agaim
>>
>>77895321
This
>>
It's super simple to learn how to throw a proper jab and since he's been fighting, there shouldn't be any excuses.

>Shoulda learn how to throw a jab, his length dwarfed Mayweather, and he actually had to get in to reach McG
>Shoulda utilized his "grappling" skills on the clinch, he was supposed to shine here right?
>Shoulda stayed close to natural weight, this is the reason he gasses out

Big doesn't always win. He got beat by a man a 10+ years older than him. Boxers like Loma wanted to help him out, his camp shut everything down. Too proud I suppose?
>>
>>77897591
mcgregor was lucky he was fighting a creaky old man like mayweather

an active boxer with a bit of hunger could quite easily have dealt mcgregor a career ending injury
>>
>>77895522
Boxing stances defend against it + gloves
In MMA you've got so much more to defend against that you can't always fully protect your jaw. You're busy trying not to get kicked/kneed/elbowed/grounded/choked
And gloves do make a massive difference
>>
>>77897918
>his length dwarfed mayweather
>1 inch difference
Calm down, child
>>
>>77897780
He's going to have to. Or retire. This is the fight ufc wants not this maymay nonsense
>>
>>77895165
>becomes the only UFC fighter alongside Ronda to appear in maistream media
>comes out of the fight more famous than before
>will get paid double than before in MMA fights because way more people will watch them
>done
>>
>>77898069
Mayweather was a midget, he's about 5'6. Manlets getting mad, they're all manlets anyway, real fights are in heavyweight.
>>
>>77898201
>He doesn't want to see which manlet can fight his way out of the pit
>>
File: 124214.png (475KB, 619x604px) Image search: [Google]
124214.png
475KB, 619x604px
"I am boxing!"

-Conor Mcgregor 2017
>>
>>77898094
This so much

None of my friend knew what MMA was before the MayMayweather/McGregor fight.
>>
>>77895165
He's Irish I couldn't give a fuck about Him
>>
>>77895522
defending in boxing is 10 times more easy then MMA. In MMA you need to cover for kicks & takedowns. In boxing all you need to do is pull your giant gloves up to your face 95% of the time and you're done. For rest, you duck or turn your back and yell to the ref to come help.

Ref HELP his glove touched the back of my head :(((((((
>>
>>77895180
Because it was his debut and he was fighting someone considered the "GOAT". The same "GOAT" who didn't once knock him down and almost went the distance with him.
>>
>>77898426
Mma is literally boxing defense+wrestling sprawl
>So, so complicated
>>
>>77897999
Please go back to plebbit and be a retard there.
>>
>>77895165
Floyd's a trump supporter so a lot of white Americans were for him from the start.
>>
connor had several moments where he could have knocked out mayweather, his punching strength just isn't that strong
the worst thing image wise for connor that came from this fight is that it made it obvious to everyone how easy he can get gassed, i know people will point to the diaz fight but far more people witnessed this than that
>>
>>77895165

>He's done right?

No. History shows that losses rarely adversely effect drawing power and/or popularity. People are invested in Conor and his personality, so they will want to watch him regardless, and probably even more so after Saturday night. Brock and Ronda both got destroyed way worse than Conor and they came back to even bigger audiences.
>>
File: hendo.gif (3MB, 300x202px) Image search: [Google]
hendo.gif
3MB, 300x202px
>>77898466

>Mma is literally boxing defense
>>
>>77898558
his punching strength is in fact that strong but there are 2 things. First, he was aware that his stamina would not last so he held back his punches. Second, KO power punches dont mean shit against Floyd, at worst he ducks or turnes his back and waits for the ref to break the fight. There is no doing that in MMA.
>>
Conor just need to take some EPO and he will dominate this sport.
>>
File: 1502472551461.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1502472551461.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>77898642
>>
>>77897331
I wuz just fookin tired man dats how I get when um tired. Da ref shouldn't have stopped the fookin fight man I could have had me swcond fookin wind when I was against the ropes
>>
File: FaceApp_1503938190420.jpg (318KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
FaceApp_1503938190420.jpg
318KB, 960x1280px
>>77895165
I dunno
>>
>>77895321
>30 pound weight advantage
>small gloves
>somehow fight was unfair for mcgoof
>>
>>77895165
I think a part of the circus draw was the spectacle of seeing a man walk into a ring to challenge the lion that has destroyed all the other lions.

everyone knew deep down that the lion would win, but no one is going to be upset at Conor for surviving 10 rounds before the lion had to be tranquillized
>>
>>77898758

Based Hendo.
>>
File: 1500564555600.jpg (39KB, 367x380px) Image search: [Google]
1500564555600.jpg
39KB, 367x380px
>>77897591
>a future in boxing
I know guys who train local fighters and kids, they'd literally throw this bum out of the gym rather than let him spar. Would any respectable trainer let him infect kids with his cancer 'style'? The guy cannot box for shit and should stop but probably won't.
>>
File: 1475021268786.jpg (2MB, 2048x1373px) Image search: [Google]
1475021268786.jpg
2MB, 2048x1373px
>>77895165

KEK at the casuals that think Conor is done after a boxing loss. This means nothing to his legacy or MMA. He will go back to the UFC and keep heemin' people. Hell I bet he will box again the future.
>>
File: 205-McGREGOR_CONOR.png (181KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
205-McGREGOR_CONOR.png
181KB, 500x325px
>I was heemed. I was heemed hard. Many people asked why the ref stopped so soon and why I wasn't allowed to have a go at Floyd. Truth is, I wanted him to have a go at me. I was being heemed so good I was beside myself to the point that I transcended the physical world and I was so close to the strongest orgasm of my life. I wanted to be heemed in the ass.

Jesus Connor.
>>
>MMA fights highlights are about knockouts
>but they suck in THE knockout based sport

kek
>>
>>77898642
>>77898758
>Thinking that slo white boi who was too shit to make it in actual boxing has defense comparable to Floyd

See this is the hubris that gets you fucked up in front of a work wide audience.

Floyd's footwork is 100× that piece of shit. His legs are never just standing there like the mat is made of quick sand.
>>
>>77898465
>almost
he wasn't even going to survive the round
>>
>>77898977

I'm surprised this is the only balanced opinion out there.

Let's agree on a few points:
-McGregor is the best at MMA.
-MMA is much less competitive than boxing
-If Mayweather had been an MMA fighter, he'd be the best at it
-Mayweather doesn't give a shit about MMA because there's more money in boxing
-McGregor put up a decent fight

Bottom line is, MMA fans are mad because they couldn't prove MMA > Boxing. Everything is just made-up excuses to escape reality.
>>
>>77899562
>-If Mayweather had been an MMA fighter, he'd be the best at it

what the fuck
>>
>>77899562
> McGregor is the best at MMA.
He is not. Khabib and Tony Ferguson are better fighters if we talk about lightweight
>MMA is much less competitive than boxing
There are no 50-0 guys in MMA
>>
File: treason.webm (2MB, 1248x672px) Image search: [Google]
treason.webm
2MB, 1248x672px
>2017
>he still hasn't accepted Taekwondo as the supreme form of combat
>>
>>77899562
Nate Diaz is better than macgoobs
>>
>>77899562
>the sport where you can literally beat your opponent half to death on the ground, kick, punch in any form and choke out is less competitive
flag checks out
>>
>>77899594
>So dumb he can't even tell when Floyd is taunting and clowning goober.
>>
>>77899662

>There are no 50-0 guys in MMA

Do you think playing dice games as competitive? because that's your logic

Competitiveness means that you need high skill to keep at the top, if there is no top then everyone gets a chance and it's not because of skills ceiling but because of the game rules

It's like comparing chess where you can go 50-0 because you are superior with any luck involved board game where you will never go 50-0
>>
>>77899790
Wrong it's because of Dana making sure big fights happen, mostly. MMA has top Olympic and amateurs of many disciplines.
>>
File: r8bbHYy.png (67KB, 261x185px) Image search: [Google]
r8bbHYy.png
67KB, 261x185px
>>77897284
*points*
>>
>>77899813

>a guy going 50-0 is the antithesis of competitive

MMA fags, everyone, they don't know basic sport theory, probably why they think their hobbie is a sport lol
>>
>>77899148
What is "cancer style". You sound like an asshurt faggot that some "bum" walked into the ring with months of training and took the GOAT boxer 10 rounds after it was a quick stoppage. At least let the guy get knocked down 1 time before you call the fight.
>>
>>77899801
He coulda knocked goober out inside 3 rounds. Everything that transpired before the fifth was taunting. He coulda dodged and counterpunched and stunned the Paddy anytime he wanted to.
>>
>>77899813
>a guy going 50-0 is the antithesis of competitive

???
>>
> connor won't land a single punch
*floyd gets punched 150 times
> h..he wanted to get hit
> floyd will knock him out round 1
*goes 10 rounds*
> h...he was just playing with him

Boxing fans everyone. Just admit you faggots got shook it took the greateat boxer of all time 10 rounds to beat an amateur boxer after a quick stoppage.
>>
>>77899900

>muh real fight

And we start again... You don't respect professionalism and skills, you respect killing things, you should watch knife fights on youtube, you probably will enjoy that much more

It's all from insecurity though, you probably think no other sport is worth because "real fighting" is all there is in life, right? Adults respect skills and professionalism, competitiveness and high skill matches, Childs respect people who seem dangerous out of fear
>>
File: 1503816145881.jpg (140KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1503816145881.jpg
140KB, 960x960px
>>77899160
Pacquiao versus Conor when?

http://www.mmanews.com/mayweather-pacquiao-fight-mcgregor/
>>
>>77895165
the lad just made millions.
he's part of a sideshow with ultimate hyperbole and bullshittery hype and you cucks fell for it.
every single time.
>>
>>77899548
Do you know what almost means?
>>
>>77899762
I mean it is less competitive in the sense that the talent level hasn't quite reached that of an old sport like boxing yet. This is illustrated by fighters like Lesnar (yeah he was a great wrestler but he didn't really get into MMA until 30), Rousey, Kimbo Slice (who managed to beat fighters who were top tier only a decade or so prior) etc. I mean keep in mind we are less than 25 years removed from Royce Gracie winning UFC 1 with no striking game at all. The sport is still in its infancy. Guys like Jon Jones are the first wave of truly elite MMA super athletes.
>>
>>77899957

There is no high skills on MMA, most of them took it as hobbie out of their real careers, Brock Lesnar did really well and he wasn't even that dedicated, he even KOed some people with punches and he barely trained striking for a year

So much professionalism lol, what's the point of seeing some bums fighting each other? they are really low on skills, unathletic, I could go to a random gym if i wanted to see bums fighting each other (probably why MMA has so little money in the game)
>>
>>77899900
How? He couldn't even touch mayweather when Floyd is trying. You can't grapple what you can't touch.
>>
>>77899957
>>77900020

I could agree that MMA has better potential to be the best combat sport, but for that they would need to add more rules to force skills and athleticism to be the decisive factor and mma fanboys don't like that because it makes them wonder if it's real fighting or not

Also it seems MMA doesn't want that anyway because they try to advertise themselves as being brutal rather than professional
>>
>>77899375
>77899375

>Boxing
>Knockout based sport

Texas education
>>
>>77900066
>Cheeto dust falling off your fedora
I disagree with your position but that is some quality bantz right there lol
>>
>>77895165
He's always been a meme. He wants to retire soon UFC pays shit so he needed Mayweather and the boxing match
>>
>>77900066

Nice example on Tyson, nobody really respects him, only child and underage people who were already insecure and were searching for an idol

In the boxing world he was shamed for a long time because of his lack of professionalism, where other heavyweights stars were respected far more like Foreman, Ali, Frazier, Holmes, Holyfield, etc
>>
>>77900085
No. Defense wins championships and speed kills. Floyd has this over McGregor in any scenario. Endurance is another huge plus. I'm assuming by real fight you mean, not in any cage or ring? Ya no Mayweather doesn't get touched if he has all the space he wants to keep dodging you.
>>
Hahahaha a lot of haters still deny that Conner did well for his first boxing match with one of the best. He lost in 10 rounds but was humble and respectful in defeat. He did his job promoting the fight and now he is embracing the experience.
>>
>>77900158

>He is one of the most beloved figures in boxing, ever.

maybe to the same people who now follows MMA, there will be always retards seeing sports, but those retards mostly don't know anything about the sport anyway, most soccer and NFL fans haven't touch a ball in like 20 years
>>
>>77899012
that's not hendo

that's bendo
>>
>>77900210
thats a terrible strawman and u kno it
>>
>>77900210

?????????????
>>
Conor made us proud on fight night. If anything the haters are still pissed off cos they wanted to see Conor get fucked up and looking gutted on camera but instead they saw all the experts praising him for his pro debut, him celebrating quadrupling his worth and the fans proud and happy. If you're a savage hater who actually believes Conor got embarassed and you learnt nothing from this fight then please comment on this so we can start filtering you to start making 4chan a better place full of people who actually know what they're talking about.
>>
>>77900253
u still have no argument because ur reply was a strawman. stop reddit spacing and try a little harder
>>
There are some boxing matches that are one sided and boring. This is not one of them.

McGregor looked slow, his stance was outdated, and he was unfortunately not landing the power shots (which were very powerful) due to floyd's elite defence.

Lasting 10 rounds was a major bonus, and he was very close to taking it to points; which he could legitimately claim a moral victory

McGregor goes back to MMA an even bigger celebrity and king of the brand. His past packets will always be bigger now. He took a risk, and after all, no risk, no reward.

McGregor is a winner. Face it.
>>
He definitely won the first 3 rounds, wobbled the shit out of Floyd in the 9th(go rewatch the fight because they don't show the whole thing on here) and then gassed out. He was never hurt, just didn't have any conditioning to carry him.
>>
>>77900272

Judges had it as a blowout for Mayweather as far as score goes.
>>
>>77900173
Yeah the potato lost to a superior boxer. Again. A loser gonna keep on losing anon. Jump off this wagon if you don't wanna crash with him
>>
>>77900270

Whatever you say pal, keep watching your "killing machines" lol
>>
>>77900286
your post had nothing to do with the Chilean's, there's a reason he didn't even bother giving out a reply except '???????'. MMAutists legit have 0 fiinesse, the sport is filled with brutes and even an illiterate like Mayweather conducts himself better than anyone in that shitty 'sport'. It will never compare to boxing little man, just stop
>>
>>77900310
Dude, I'm not even gonna mention who can win a real fight between those two. I know you know the answer to that one! BUT you're going to tell me that McGregor didn't win the first four rounds of that fight? First of all, I, like many others although rootin' for Conor didn't believe he could win in that pussified arena of boxing with the way the rules are set. But putting all that aside, he wasn't going to win that fight unless he knocked Floyd out. And even then if he had Floyd on the run and about ready to knock him out. You can bet that bias Ref would've found a reason to disqualify McGregor for some bullshit reason. The fix was in from the get go, and you can be sure more of that will be discussed in the coming days!
>>
went back threw and reviewed the fight in slow mo and counted the punches. Go back and recount the punches that actually connected. Remember hitting someone's elbows is not counted . Hitting the gloves does not count as a connect punch either. After I recounted 3 times Floyd had 69 connected punches. McGregor had 148. Floyd held 21 times. McGregor held 11 times. Floyd fore arm to the throat 16 times. McGregor rabbit punched 16 times. Floyd used his elbow 19 times which is illegal. Don't believe me go back and look at all I have claimed. You will be surprised. McGregor lost even though I feel it was premature stoppage . Floyd missed 3 of his last punches when the ref stopped the fight. Conner was fatigue. When have you seen a ref stop a fight because of a fighter being fatigue 2 cases when 1 fell to the canvass and the other ask the ref to stop it? McGregor should had took a knee but that is here nor there. I had the fight McGregor 1 point a head heading to the 10th round. The judges had outrageous score on the score card. If the fight wasn't stopped and the scores for Floyd would had been announced, you would had a out right riot in the building. 2 judges had McGregor only wining 2 rounds. LOL 2 rounds can you believe that?
>>
>>77899562
>McGregor is the best at MMA.
No, but he may be top 5. He's best in his weightclass tho.
>MMA is much less competitive than boxing
Boxing's scope is much more narrow. So an elite boxer has to be much more clinical in that narrow field. An MMA fighter needs to cover lots of various techniques, putting all your efforts into one field would give diminishing returns & skull integrity.
>If Mayweather had been an MMA fighter, he'd be the best at it
Srsly ffs
>Mayweather doesn't give a shit about MMA because there's more money in boxing
Of course, if you can make it to the top in boxing, you do that. In MMA, fighters are employees of a billion dollar firm. Not ideal from the fighters POV.
>McGregor put up a decent fight
He did better than MMA fans' expectations. No sane MMA fan expected to prove MMA>Boxing via a boxing match against the GOAT boxer. What a stupid fucking thing to think.

For an MMA fan, MMA>Boxing because in MMA fighters do not get to receive ref's help by bending over or turning their backs. It's full contact. Boxing is half combat sport half fencing.
>>
If we look at the statistics If Floyd Mayweather is really as good as people make him seem then why did it last 10 rounds against an "AMATEUR" boxer. Connor did better than a Manny Pacquiao and that's facts. Also Canelo is the best box right now and that's facts Now when GGG and Canelo fight then we will see who comes on top
>>
File: tko top view.webm (3MB, 960x520px) Image search: [Google]
tko top view.webm
3MB, 960x520px
>>77900423
>>
>>77900423

>muh real fighting
Real fighting has no rules, it wouldn't be in an octagon, and it won't be 1vs1
>but m-muh octagon, m-muh mma
Why dedicate yourself to MMA if it is full of amateurs and it's basically street brawling with bums
>m-muh real fighting, m-muh toughness
>>
>>77897284

*points to all the suckers who actually bought this shit*

It was easy work for Conor to and he was in on it just as much as Mayweahter now he can waltz back to MMA 100m richer.

And no it hasn't hurt his rep or support at all since under boxing rules it was clear floyd would win.
>>
>>77895180
Ask Adrian Broner, if you act like a piece of shit normies will tune in to watch you get beat up.
>>
>>77900522

In real fighting mayweather would send his bodyguards, wtf is this about, real fighting is reality, and reality contains everything happens in real life

Your 1vs1 is a fantasy scenario, it isn't real life or real fighting
>>
>>77900570

>fantasy scenario is saying what would happen in real life

just lol
>>
File: 9N9cZ33[1].gif (272KB, 258x199px) Image search: [Google]
9N9cZ33[1].gif
272KB, 258x199px
>>77898426

if its that simple why didnt conor just stick his gloves on his head instead of getting punched in the mouth repeatedly?

oh wait, thats because you're retarded and have never actually done either sport in your life. Its okay, you're not alone, the MMA fanbase is largely full of guys who have never done combat sports in any capacity, but feel they are experts on the specifics of each sport, and especially experts on "real fighting"
>>
File: boop.webm (477KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
boop.webm
477KB, 640x360px
>>77900570
>Conor annihilates Floyd

His haymakers sure showed Floyd.
>>
I didn't think the residual MMA butthurt would continue for so long. It's not even /box/ starting it either. Thank you based Floyd, this is better than Bernie losing the primaries and endorsing a felon.
>>
>>77900631

Just a reminder that conor himself believes in abject nonsense voodoo such as the "law of attraction" and his much of his fanbase also offered this up as an actual RATIONALE for why he would win

Yes, consider this, a large group of people thought someone would achieve something just for the sake of wanting it. Hey it might also not rain tomorrow if you just wish for it hard enough!!

You're dealing with people who are stupid. Not stupid in "they like what I dont like, so I call them stupid" colloquial usage of the word, stupid as in they are mentally retarded.
>>
>>77900423
>Implying mma is real fighting
False equivalency much?
>>
File: 1503864191673.png (4MB, 1574x1078px) Image search: [Google]
1503864191673.png
4MB, 1574x1078px
>>77900521
EASY WORK
>>
>>77900592
Because it was his FIRST PRO MATCH you fuckwit
>>
>>77898846
>Floyd, one of the most elite boxers is literally fighting a non-boxer but somehow the fight is unfair to him.
>>
>>77900967

That jab was so weak that floyd was fucking laughing after it
>>
>>77900967
>if he wanted to
>>
>>77898292
That is such a bad shot lmfao

It would have been better if he wasn't hit like that at least there's no propaganda to use
>>
>>77900967
Floyd catches the jab and tries his best not to smirk.

2 weak jabs.

Floyd literally walked through him.
A geriatric 40 year old midget coming off a 2 year lay-off.
With brittle hands.

If this was the Floyd that destroyed Gatti the fight would not even have been sanctioned.

I want to see Conor vs Porter, Thurman or Errol Spence.
Maybe Golovkin, even Lara would be fine.

Somebody has to put him in a bodybag.
>>
That copy pasta sums it up perfectly imo:

>As is usually the case, most people are focused upon the RESULT of the Mayweather/McGregor bout last night. The truth is, to anyone familiar with both sports, the RESULT was never in serious doubt - all rounders generally don't step into the domain of a refined specialist and beat them in that domain. The result was never the interesting feature of this bout. What IS interesting is the ramifications of the MMA vs boxing debate. As I have seen so many times in similar match ups in the gym, the MMA athlete did quite well early in the match and can create a competitive first few rounds. However, there is a dramatic difference in energy expenditure on the part of the MMA athlete versus the more efficient boxer. As such, there is an inevitable change over as the match progresses. Mr Mayweather was doubtless aware that this would occur and waited patiently for the mid/later rounds to switch from a passive game to one of forward aggression. What has become clear however, is this - ELITE MMA ATHLETES ARE CONSIDERABLY BETTER EQUIPT TO HANDLE A BOXERS GAME THAN BOXERS ARE TO HANDLE AN MMA FIGHTERS GAME. There is almost no chance an elite boxer could get to a tenth round with an elite MMA athlete. Even if the bout permitted kicks and elbows/knees in the clinch, the outcome would almost certainly be different. If takedowns and ground work were allowed it would be over in seconds - any one of the innumerable clinches in the fight would be an immediate takedown from which a boxer is extremely unlikely to recover. Mr McGregor may have (predictably) lost the bout, but he won something much bigger. He showed that the endless criticism of MMA in standing striking over the years is grossly exaggerated. At elite levels they are highly competent and can provide a good match for a time with even the best boxers in the boxers domain.
>>
>>77901320
Ray Mercer still has the GOAT win.

Tim Sylvia was ranked when a 50 year old fat Mercer knocked him out.
>>
>>77901062
Kek. This.
>>
>>77898846
>literally fighting a amateur boxer
>somehow fight was unfair for maynigger
>>
>>77895165
Nah.

Just like Trump he can't be stumped, he's very good at selling himself, and there's an sucker born every minute.

As a fighter is obviously mediocre but he gives good shows. His pre-conferences were golden.
>>
>>77899594

>turning around and presenting yourself like the prison bitch in the showers is considered 'defence' in boxing

Nice ''''''''sport'''''''' you have there boxfags. No wonder it's on its last legs.
>>
>>77895522
UFC is for chumps, even CM Punk gave your guys trouble.
>>
File: overlel.jpg (25KB, 310x466px) Image search: [Google]
overlel.jpg
25KB, 310x466px
>>77899522

>Floyd will use boxing footwork to avoid leg kicks

I've heard it all now
>>
>>77901663
> gave us trouble
You mean how he got his ass kicked in like 15 seconds?
>>
>>77895180

He's still going to sell 1,000,000 PPV buys in the UFC. In fact after this event, more people will want to watch his return. Stay in your lane Achmed and throw some more acid on your face to clear Floyd's cum off yourself.
>>
He can go back to the UFC and still be successful. I don't think it's worth him sticking around in boxing, he doesn't have the power to blow guys away but he doesn't have the stamina to win decisions.
>>
>>77901663
I'd say too blatant but you seem to have scored one already, I'm giving it a 6/10
>>
>>77898846
>takes away 95% of a fighters tools.
>not unfair.
Maybe if Floyd comes back he'll make opponents fight him one handed next.
>>
>>77895191

Everyone sucks where they could kill your favorite boxers right? Comparing boxing to MMA is like comparing a blowjob or fingering to sex, one is fairly limited to the other its not even comparable.
>>
>>77897284

Point to the nigger wife beater 56-0 baby! GREATEST EVER!!!
>>
>>77897737

Nigger...Floyd lost rounds to a fucking amateur dipshit. This meme of him of 'muh masta plan n shiet' was typical Floyd. He took the easiest route to victory which he even admitted afterwards. He took no risks, and lied AGAIN about coming forward in the early rounds is a fucking embarassment. Floyd should be ashamed of himself.
>>
File: spence.jpg (218KB, 2360x1328px) Image search: [Google]
spence.jpg
218KB, 2360x1328px
Imagine is Mcgregor was in there with Errol Spence jr. The MMAtards don't realize how nonthreatning Floyd actually is.
>>
>>77901663
10/10. I'll grant you amnesty.
>>
>>77898758
kek

they fight like drunken hobos
>>
File: jab.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jab.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>77900967
>Conors jab vs a featherfisted 147 lbers jab.

Imagine if that was Golovkins jab. Conors head would have exploded.
>>
File: CEnRUFIWMAAdtps.jpg (46KB, 650x359px) Image search: [Google]
CEnRUFIWMAAdtps.jpg
46KB, 650x359px
>>77901735
>kill
kek

shame the ref didnt keep it going one more round, then we could have all watched a forty year old arthritic retiree boxer with glass hands actually kill conor mcgregor in the ring. stupid irish fuck stayed on his feet getting his brain rattled instead of taking a knockdown and catching his breath. if he kept that up mayweather would have concussed him straight into adult nappies

>>77901802
conors punches were so pathetically weak that mayweather could afford to eat them for three rounds without replying. he threw like less than ten punches in those rounds you stupid prick

shame conor didnt fight an active boxer, i think his head would have been ripped off in round 1
>>
File: ap_17239155970094.jpg (142KB, 1600x908px) Image search: [Google]
ap_17239155970094.jpg
142KB, 1600x908px
>>77898292

King of Boxing and running the fight game

- Big Irish Balls
>>
>>77899944
Difference is McGregor was actually TKO'd. Pacman lost by "decision". McMash wouldn't last.
>>
File: 262456449653.png (574KB, 597x597px) Image search: [Google]
262456449653.png
574KB, 597x597px
>>77901765
EASY WERK
>>
>>77901861
Yeah, what's up with McGregor defending hits with his face?

Mayweather's first TKO in a decade.
>>
>>77898836

Dance for me boy
>>
>>77901902
with gusto
>>
File: [email protected] (42KB, 621x414px) Image search: [Google]
mayweather-kbRH--621x414@LiveMint.jpg
42KB, 621x414px
>>77901883

He's boxing's biggest bitch. I'm changing your bum lives

- Conor blessed
>>
File: 8795834.jpg (140KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
8795834.jpg
140KB, 1200x800px
>>77901968
EASY
>>
He's 100+ million dollars richer and is laughing his way to the bank. More than any of you haters will make in your pathetic lives.

If this was a real fight he would have strangled Mayweather to death with the amount of times he gave his back to him.

Floyd was HURT by a body shot in the 9nd round and feigned to the referee it was a low blow and had the referee there to suck his dick and separate them.

People seem to forget that this was McGregors first professional boxing match against a guy that was 49-0. If you discredit him for going ten rounds with FM you're nothing more than an autistic keyboard warrior.
>>
>>77902464
Last time I checked his purse was 30m. If you think PPV split and network deals will get him 100m after he has to pay all his fees and taxes then you are deluded.

Fact is both of their purses were smaller than they were in MayPac and this fight failed to fill the arena when MayPac tickets were also expensive as hell. I honestly doubt this fight outsells MayPac. Kind of pathetic when MayPac was just boxing and this fight audience was Boxing+UFC.
>>
File: OhHesHurtMike.gif (4MB, 334x251px) Image search: [Google]
OhHesHurtMike.gif
4MB, 334x251px
>>77902558

Only 30m? Still more than you'll ever dream of having m8.

Boxing was EXPOSED. An amateur boxer who was 0-0 inside a ring went 10 rounds with your supposed GOAT and won round in the process. How can you not be ashamed of that?

McGregor will be go back to the UFC and fight for 15-20m a fight after this. He's set for life and will still tear ass in MMA like he has been doing his whole career. Floyd won because he was protected by the rules of boxing
>>
>>77901883
lmao that pic is so good
>>
File: BrainonMMA.jpg (991KB, 1680x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BrainonMMA.jpg
991KB, 1680x1080px
>>77902771
>>
>>77899860
>basic sport theory
enlighten us lmao
>>
>>77902783
Based. Make them eat their words anon.
>>
>>77902464
honestly cant tell if this is a shitpost or if mmafags are this cretinous
>>
>>77901902
>>77901920
>*Teleports away from you*
>*Punches you square in the mouth from thin are*
Heh nothing personal goobs
>>
>>77900967
>Makes contact with fully extended arms
Wew lad.
>>
>>77901968
>Conor lost so badly his fans post pics of floyd avoiding punches like Conor landed something
>>
>>77900409
>Better than pac
>Can't even finish the fight
Wew
e
W
>>
>>77900386
>This autism
Good work, too bad it doesn't matter since ya boy couldn't even finish the fight..
>>
>>77902771
>Boxing was EXPOSED
>>
>>77903439
LEL
>>
>>77895165
Nate Diaz made him look like a bitch and he somehow recovered from it.
>>
>>77895522

It's easier to hit a cunt on the chin when his hands are down defending a shin to the thigh. That, coupled with the smaller gloves makes knockouts in MMA more frequent.
>>
>>77901841
i take your point but that wasn't a jab. it was a straight right hand from the orthodox position
>>
>>77895522
Boxers hit harder than MMA fighters, Canelo would hit with triple the power and speed McGregor has and didn't rock Floyd

Bisping's even said this to be true as well

https://youtu.be/hdkuQqzLh6g
>>
>>77905925

The gloves don't soften the impact. Gloves in both MMA and boxing have about the same force.
>>
>>77906155
>What is hand speed
>>
>>77906382

It's literally been tested you brain dead monkey.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKs1CwrXh8M&t=3s ;
>>
did anyone else unironically enjoy the fight and grow an appreciation for the poise and mastery of Floyd
>>
>>77900967
that's even funnier
there was no power on that first jab whatsoever
he just walked forward without flinching the second time because he realised how little power there is in his jabs
>>
File: FilthySeveralDuckbillcat.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FilthySeveralDuckbillcat.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>*connor teleports behind mayweather*
>connor "nothing personal ki-"
>mayweather from behind connor "what you teleported behind was a lingering image of me before i teleported behind where you were going to be after you teleported behind me... nothing personal kid"
>>
File: itconnected.jpg (45KB, 407x376px) Image search: [Google]
itconnected.jpg
45KB, 407x376px
>>77908035
oh shit mayweather connected that, thought he swiped and missed
>>
>>77897284
>>77900945
>>77897284

You keep mock quoting that like it means something.
>>
>>77908035
More like

>*connor teleports behind mayweather*
>connor "nothing personal ki-"
>mayweather standing with his back at 45 degrees "ayy yo ref hol up hol up"
>*runs*
>>
>>77906540
So Conor just has shit power or his opponents don't know how to roll with punches?
>>
>>77895165

Hold your horses Espana (since that's your normal mode of transportation). McGregor didn't dishonor the sport. He won. 0-1, and came out the winner. If he trained for 4 months, he'd have the endurance to finish a decision win, or heem Mayweather. Endurance is not his strength. He's not mighty mouse or prime GSP....yet, he is 100x the star that either of those two guys will ever be, for better or worse.

I'm not sure why i'm writing you - you won't understand high level English.

Copy-Paste the above into google translate.
>>
>>77902464
If it was a real fight one of Mayweather's bodyguards would have shot McGregor in the temple a while ago.
>>
>>77908270
I think by real fight people mean an actual combat sport, not 'muh sweet science'
>>
>>77906540
>I believe Aussies and their sourceless research

You think this is my first time on 4chan? Fuck off.
>>
>>77908287
>punching isn't a combat sport
lmao okay
>>
>>77908310
>Braindead monkey cant even do a simple google search

I knew Americans were fat and stupid but who'd have guessed they dont even have the tools to lift their fat fingers to type into a search bar
>>
File: 1503974640554.jpg (853KB, 1566x873px) Image search: [Google]
1503974640554.jpg
853KB, 1566x873px
>>77908200
>heem Mayweather

kek
>>
File: Pacq v McG.jpg (74KB, 662x424px) Image search: [Google]
Pacq v McG.jpg
74KB, 662x424px
People say he did better than Pacman.
Floyd hit Pac with 81 power punches.
Floyd hit Conor with 152 power punches.
>>
>>77898649
>his punching strength is in fact that strong
That coping. Lawl.
>>
>>77900054
>I could agree that MMA has better potential to be the best combat sport
I don't.

Read the MMA rules sometimes. MMA was created as a commercial for BJJ (where the Gracies fought some cans and immediately ran into trouble with real strikers) and it still shows today.
>>
>>77909404
>Floyd
>power punches
That coping.

It was expected, though. MMA fags are children throwing tantrums.
>>
>>77902771
Look at the state of football
Even an old man can score a touchdown
Football is EXPOSED
>>
>>77895165
For some reason people think he talks but can't back himself up; he punched his way through two UFC divisions and KO'd renowned veterans like Aldo and Alvarez. Yeah, he didn't beat a boxer in a boxing match. Big deal. That's like NFL's Broncos losing a rugby match against the All Blacks and everyone laughing at them and saying they're overrated trash. And I know people laugh at this argument but it's undeniable; if Mayweather (or any other boxer) fought McGregor in an MMA match they wouldn't last the first round, let alone hold their own for 80% of the contest like Conor did in the boxing match.
>>
File: 1503809821526.png (348KB, 581x724px) Image search: [Google]
1503809821526.png
348KB, 581x724px
>>77908070
WORK
>>
>>77909962

the broncos are not potato manlets and would not have spent weeks claiming they were going to beat the all blacks 150-0
>>
File: dana_white-surgery.png (216KB, 579x350px) Image search: [Google]
dana_white-surgery.png
216KB, 579x350px
>>77895165
This. the aura is gone. mma died too.
>>
>>77899562
Jon Jones is the best fighter right now.
Anderson Silva is the greatest of all time.
>>
>>77895165
>retards actually believe this
>>
File: 3439.jpg (66KB, 700x473px) Image search: [Google]
3439.jpg
66KB, 700x473px
>>77895522
MMA fighters lack the defense to mitigate damage and generally have weaker chins.
>>
Conor's ability to take a punch and know what to do under pressure was Brock Lesnar level.
>>
>>77897591

What is this "0 experience" nonsense? Punching is a large part of MMA. Of course he has experience. He has as much experience in boxing as a triathlete has experience in swimming. Even though the triathlete is smart enough not to compete with Michael Phelps.
>>
>>77906540
>We tested all fighters and carrying more weight on their hands does not reduce the time it takes for the punch to land

Fuck off you melbourne scum youre talking utter shite

Go pick up a 1kg weight and throw a punch, pretty simple, go pick up a 10kg weight and do it, oh this is harder

The comparative difference between MMA gloves and Boxing gloves is significant, one is barely a glove and the other is like a fucking bowling ball on your hand
>>
>>77910454

You are literally retarded. Force = mass X acceleration. Increasing one in proportion to decreasing the other is the same result you complete fucking moron.

Jesus christ you're stupid. Don't ever reply to me again or you'll look just as foolish intellectually as Mcgregor did trying to box Mayweather.
>>
>>77910454
>boxing gloves weigh 10 kgs

Sick analogy, faggot. Did you flunk year 10?
>>
>>77910504
So just so everybody in this thread is clear

Your argument is that that increasing the weight of the glove decreases the acceleration at the exact same proportion and that the force remains consistent?

So if a person has no glove, their force is N, and if they have a glove that is 10k, their force is still N because although it is slower, when it does contact it is heavier and therefore equal force

Your formula rests on the assumption that the no glove and 10kg glove acceleration remains constant

It doesnt
>>
>>77910504
>>77910544
An 80,000lb truck moving from 0m/s to 0.1m/s in half a second has an acceleration of 1m/s/s. 8,157lbs of force. Over 12x the force of the punch, yet the punch is the one that'll knock you out. The kinetic energy of the truck is only 181 joules. Punches can be 5-10x that. Clearly force alone isn't the best measure
>>
>>77910562
pounds per square inch per second. being hit by a sponge doesn't hurt, because the pressure is distributed over a long period. but if you got hit by a piece of metal travelling the same speed it would hurt because all the pressure is concentrated in a tiny time frame
>>
>>77895165
After a 100m paycheck I imagine he's done fighting, yeah.
>>
>>77910548

The rate is constant if it's the same person using the gloves you dumb shit.
>>
as a previous conor fan i didn't feel like he was a ko artists nor the best in the ufc, i think khabib and lee could beat him. he had luck against aldo and learned some jj tactics which 90% will win the fight. i'm not a fan of him anymore because of his match with mayweather, ge didn't do what he said he was about to do, he should of gone extremely aggressive in the first rounds and think of ko'ing him till the 3-4 round and he should of used his mma award style to confuse mayweather, because mayweather has been doing this for years and he probably knows every boxing tactics and what comes next so he can dodge it. or if he wanted to go for decision he should of kept him at a distance with the help of his longer arms. he went in a bad plan.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momentum#Relation_to_force
>>
Malignaggi exposed "The Notorious" for not throwing punches not because he was tired, but because he "quit" and wanted referee Byrd to end the fight.

"If you get tired you don't quit, I'm sorry," Malignaggi told MMAFighting.com.

"In MMA you can put yourself in a position to be submitted, not fight off the submission then you can tap out. There's a way to cop out in MMA, there's no way to cop out in boxing.

"You did not throw a punch for a minute straight while you were being assaulted.

"The bottom line is he didn't want to go out on his back, he wanted Byrd to save him.

Because if you don't want Byrd to save you, you'll show some signs of life, you'll throw a punch. You'll say, 'Yeah I'm hurting but I want to remain in this fight, I don't want to be pulled out of this fight.'

"He did none of that, he threw no punches, he was waiting for Byrd to stop the fight. He can say anything he wants, but he can't edit this video."

"He just looked for a way out of the fight," Malignaggi told Luke Thomas on SiriusXM radio.

"He didn't want to fight. The thing about boxing is you can't lie - the truth comes out. In the ring you're exposed for everything you are and everything you're not."

nce he's in a bad situation or a negative situation, whether it's in an MMA fight or a boxing fight, the guy punks out. He looks for a way out of a fight," Malignaggi told Thomas.

"He stopped throwing punches, he stopped fighting. Once he doesn't want to be there he stops fighting. For all the loudness and all the bluster he literally stops fighting.

"Fatigue comes into play for everybody ... at that point it becomes mental. The guy has no balls.

"He quit. If you don't throw a punch for over a minute, you quit buddy. You can explain it any way you want ... you quit buddy, you absolutely did."

"I don't like the guy, I never will like the guy, personally I think he's a scumbag," Malignaggi said.
>>
>>77911741
FIRE

CONOR BTFO
>>
>>77908400
I'm not getting trolled into opening another tab by a fucking Aussie simple rule
>If it sounds like bullshit and the flags Australia it's definitely bullshit
>>
File: conor is gay.gif (991KB, 840x474px) Image search: [Google]
conor is gay.gif
991KB, 840x474px
>>77900401
>turning their backs
He wasn't turning his back.
>Stupid
>Blind
Pick two
>>
>>77911741

Genuinely think Paulie is SHOOK by how much Mcgregor doesn't give a fuck about him. He needs to go to a therapist.

"Where on the doll did Conor touch you, Paul?"
>>
>>77901850
haha remember that time when a professional boxer went to mma and was super successful based off their boxing skills? hahaahahaha ">kill" amiright ahahaohohohoheh

oh wait Randy Couture simulated murder on James Toney. oh wait Royce Gracie simulated murder on Art Jimmerson. oh wait Gary Turner simulated murder on Julius Francis. oh wait Tim Slyvia murdered Ray Mercer.

i like boxing, and i even think that MMA fighters with some boxing skills can translate those skills into success, but lets not pretend they dont get absolutely swept in MMA if all they have is boxing
>>
>>77895303
He beat opponents he needed to beat to become the champ and has since used his persona and win streak to create the fights he's wanted for the most money. He didn't fight anyone past his prime on purpose, even if that argument made any sense to begin with. He will fight for money. How about when Khabib and Lee draw some real attention we make it happen you dumb faggot.
>>
>>77897329
If it even happened, which I give an 10/90 chance, Connor will win.
>>
>>77895165
I know this is bait, but no
he overperformed and impressed almost everyone considered that it was his first time competing in boxing
he gained many fans and will come back to mma even bigger
>>
>>77900309
>The arguable GOAT can't finish an amateur boxer
>Not seeing the the silver lining on purpose

Hmm
>>
>>77909980
>Not understanding having to sell your own fights on purpose

wow dude, fucking aced him didn't ya
>>
>>77901663
Muy Bueno b8 10/10
Thread posts: 227
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.