[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/heem/ vs. /box/ Neutral judge here. /heem/ wins. For a non-boxer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 23

File: okhePpJW_400x400.jpg (39KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
okhePpJW_400x400.jpg
39KB, 400x400px
/heem/ vs. /box/

Neutral judge here. /heem/ wins. For a non-boxer MMA fighter to literally take up the sport a month ago and last 10 rounds with the greatest is one of the more impressive feats in sports history.

We can all agree that Floyd wouldn't last a round in the Octagon, thus MMA proved itself tonight as THE combat sport.
>>
>>77856937
agreed. boxing is a sport that takes skill but it's not a simulation of a real fight. mma is the closest you can get to a real fight while still protecting the fighters. Floyd isn't a fighter, he's an amazing athlete and boxer
>>
>talks a huge game about how he's the greatest
>claims he'd knock mayweather out in round 4
>BTFO by round 2
>used as a cocksleeve by mayweather for six rounds
>saved from brain damage by the ref

/heem/ eternally BTFO
>>
>>77858148
you aren't even a real country, shut the fuck up
>>
>>77858378

you don't even support a real athlete, shut the fuck up
>>
File: bf9.gif (4MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
bf9.gif
4MB, 640x360px
>>77856937
>40 year old retired counter puncher walks down beats and gasses out a prime champion from MMA.
>broken hands with arthritis with no ko in 10-11years KO's MMA champion.
BTFO
>>
> John Daly comes out and quarterbacks 2 quarters for the Patriots and goes 26/30 for 200 yards and 2 TDs
> Tom Brady has been doing this for 20 years
its a little ridiculous that an MMA guy can go out and not only hang with the reigning champion, but give him arguably the greatest challenge he's ever had.

Both fighters won tonight.
Sports fans won big because they actually got to see a real boxing match
At the end of the day, everyone sees how gay boxing is
>>
>>77856937
>For a non-boxer MMA fighter to literally take up the sport a month ago and last 10 rounds with the greatest is one of the more impressive feats in sports history.
>We can all agree that Floyd wouldn't last a round in the Octagon, thus MMA proved itself tonight as THE combat sport.

Agreed. There were several points in the fight where mayweather turned his back and mcgregor could have beat the shit out of him and the ref broke it up.
>>
>>77856937
both them niggers rich as rich as fuck
>>
>>77856937
>>77857903
truth. /heem/ is obviously superior and boxfags are literally delusional to think otherwise.

imagine someone being amazing at shooting free throws but can't shoot 3-pointers, can't dunk, can't make lay ups, can't dribble, and can't pass, and calling themselves a basketball player. boxing is not fighting and is significantly less interesting than /heem/
>>
While your argument might be somewhat valid, it's diminished by the fact Floyd is 40 years old and was retired for the last 2 years.

Experience ultimately showed to be the true victor here, as Floyd recognizing how to pace himself against McGregor won him the fight. But still, his age and physical condition was still a huge disadvantage against McGregor.
>>
boxing isn't real fighting. mcgregor proved that tonight. It doesn't matter if floyd is 40, he'd still beat every other boxer in his weight
>>
It's not even about boxing vs mma

MMA is simply more exciting to watch. Kicks, knees, elbows, spinning allowing, clinch work allowed, wrestling allowed, submissions allowed

I don't care if the best boxer can out box a mma fighter. Boxing is boring as all fuck and corrupt as shit.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
Mayweather was actually about the perfect opponent for McGregor, he's a defensive fighter past his prime whose only real tactic is wearing down fighters over the course of 12 rounds, McGregor was never in any real danger of going down early.

Can you just imagine what would have happened if he'd fought Camel or, God forbid, Lomachenko? He wouldn't have lasted 2 minutes
>>
>>77859251
this. nobody cares about a sport that isn't entertaining
>>
>>77859378
UFC prelims are boring-ish to me. Yet, I'd rather watch most ufc prelims than any of the boxing prelims tonights. Boxing takes away too many attacking options and the heavier gloves make it one dimensional.
>>
>>77859251
>MMA is more fun to watch
>Tyrone Woodley is unironically a champion
>>
>>77856937
>ref kept stopping connor's natural reflex to destroy mayweather
>stop his hammer fists and taking the back.
>mayweather just ducks so he can't be attacked from above and turns around so he can't be hit in the back of the head.

And this shit is rewarded? Pussy fag shit.
>>
>>77859251
>MMA is more exciting to watch

Someone's never seen a GPS fight
>>
>>77859827
Strategizing is rewarded? Yeah, it should be. What Floyd was doing was smart. McGoober should have adjusted, but didn't because he's inexperienced and was too fatigued to think.
>>
File: oh.jpg (40KB, 576x440px) Image search: [Google]
oh.jpg
40KB, 576x440px
>>77856937
>Neutral judge here.
Totally do not believe you.

>last 10 rounds
McGregorfags are this pathetic. Floyd TOYED with Conor for 10 rounds. Getting fucked with over that many rounds is not an accomplishment.
>>
>damage control: 100

What happened to 'Mayweather is a pussy, Mayweather is a runner, Mayweather knocked anyone out in 20 years, 4 rounds he's getting knocked out etc'?

Last time I checked McGregor was walking around like a drunk stumbling home getting absolutely lit up with right hands. By a guy 20lb lighter, 2 years retired and in his damn 40's lmao.

MMA conditioning is complete shit. He was gassed after 5 rounds.
>>
>>77859251
t. guy that doesn't watch MMA
This is what all of my normie friends that don't watch sports were saying, but to me, someone that watches boxing and MMA, it's fucking retarded.

Both sports are boring as fuck a decent percentage of the time. In MMA, you get a lot of two dudes laying on each other, or spending half the round going for a takedown for points. Boxing isn't as exciting as it used to be, granted, lots of defensive fighting these days, but they're both equally boring desu.
>>
>>77856937
"What ifs" don't matter, only reality.

And in REALITY, they were in a boxing match. All the hypothetical bullshit of "what would happen if..." is exactly that; bullshit.
>>
>>77856937

It was a match against champions. Nice try painting Connor as some fresh prince.
>>
>>77859207
>he'd still beat every other boxer in his weight
lmfao, more like get his shit pushed in harder
>>
>>77856937
lmao nice salt and tears senpai

mcgregor got fucked bad, mayweather fought him with no respect
>>
>>77860343
Mayweather honestly looked like shit that fight. He was missing long on a lot of his heavy blows that fight. He had a good finish but it's not like he was putting on a clinic out there
>>
mcgregor would've died against a power hitter with how often mayweather tagged him with straight rights

but yeah mayweather is fucking 40 years old and years past his prime, mcgregor is like right at the cusp of his prime

he looked like a sad piece of shit after the 5th round when he started to get gassed, he looked really bad at boxing once that happened, just like i'm sure a boxer would look bad when they get submitted as soon as they get taken down

mcgregor had a pretty good jab, but that was it, mayweather is old and not even an offensive fighter and he still got a tko
>>
>>77860706
Of course not. He's fucking 40 years old with two busted hands.
>>
>>77859251

>MMA is simply more exciting to watch

What is ground game in MMA for $200
>>
>>77860597
Mayweather would get shredded in MMA, no question.
>>
File: 1503810369740.jpg (61KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1503810369740.jpg
61KB, 720x960px
>>
>>77858789
He's not the reigning champion, he relinquished his titled and retired so he wouldn't have to face mandatory challengers who would have BTFO out of him.
>>
>11 years older
>retired for 2 years
>the greatest DEFENSIVE boxer
>mediocre KO stats
>always win by decision
>not a hard puncher

>the 11 year younger "athlete" got tired by the 7th round
>the defensive retired, old, boxer with a mediocre KO record who relies on winning by decisions as he doesn't hit that hard took the initiative and destroyed the irish punk the entire fight to the point the irish punk had to be saved from brain damage by stopping the fight

>people thought mcmeme had a chance
>people paid to watch this publicity stunt

>b-b-b-but he would have won in an MMA fight
>the absolute state of /heem/
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-26_22-30-03.png (206KB, 471x359px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-26_22-30-03.png
206KB, 471x359px
OH NO, I"M CORNERED. BETTER JUST CURL UP INTO FETAL POSITION
>>
>>77858789
He did not give him anywhere near his greatest challenge.
>>
NO NO NO I CHANGED MY MIND. I DON"T WANT TO FIGHT NOW.
>>
>>77861062
If you purposely expose the back of your head like that, I don't see why punching it should be illegal. Otherwise it's just a get-out-of-jail-free card.
>>
PLEASE MR. POTATO DON"T PUNCH ME. I"LL SUCK YOUR COCK
>>
>>77856937
>"non-boxer MMA fighter"
>literally only uses boxing in the octogon

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>77860905
No shit sherlock. That's why he stuck to boxing and didn't pretend he was anything other than a boxer.
>>
>>77861062
>>77861144
>>77861208
>maybe if i screencap mayweather's lowest dips when using the peekaboo defense it'll look like mcgregor was winning
Fucking leaf.
>>
MOMMY THE BIG BAD POTATO HEAD IS HURTING ME
>>
>>77856937

You could actually see the point where Mayweather deciphered McGregor's attack pattern. From that point on it was all down hill for Conor. Mayweather dominated him more and more with each passing round. He simply outboxed the kid and shut him the fuck down. By the end McGregor was getting beat so bad he hadn't thrown a punch for over a full minute. The ref was right to stop the fight. Conor was getting waled.

Once again. MMA = Not a sport.
>>
>>77857903
fpbp as always
>>
File: kekaroo.jpg (165KB, 853x833px) Image search: [Google]
kekaroo.jpg
165KB, 853x833px
>THESE DELUDED MCMEME FANBOY TEARS
>>
>>77860877
If you actually knew how to grapple it would make a lot more sense, thus making it more entertaining
>>
>>77861167
so you must also think it should be legal in the UFC then
>>
>>77858789
>>77858789
>but give him arguably the greatest challenge he's ever had.
You're fucking retarded and dont know anything about boxing. Mcgregor can say he was close but he never stood a chance; He was tired by the second round.

Mayweather didnt look a bit winded even after he won. The only reason Mcgregor lasted as long as he did is because Mayweather is a pussy defensive-style boxer and his style is to tire out his opponent.

Mayweather wouldnt stand a chance against McGregor in the octagon, and the opposite was proven true.

Mayweather would get murked in 15 seconds in the octagon but only because MMA is more explosive and a shitload of fights end that way anyways. McGregor got raped tonight, just because he lasted long doenst mean shit.
>>
>>77858789

The greatest challenge he's ever had? Are you fucking retarded? Why would you make a post like this without having a clue about the guys record?
>>
MMA is such a shit fake non sport is should be banished from /sp/ and relegated to /asp/
>>
>>77858579
>KO's
>still standing on two legs
kek
>>
>>77861268
>the peekaboo defense
>just stop fighting whenever you feel like it

Hey Burger, you know what happens to you if you bend over in real fighting (MMA)? You get a fucking knee to the face and the fight is done right there. Seriously, how anyone can watch this "sport" is beyond me.

>3 punches in a row
clinch

>10 seconds of action
clinch

>a few more punches
mayweather's head is below the belt

>mcgreggor looks at mayweather funny
Mayweather turns HIS FUCKING BACK

Good riddance in ten years when boxing is finally dead and MMA is all that's left.
>>
>>77858789
>but give him arguably the greatest challenge he's ever had.

You fucking WHAT pal? Have you ever watched a boxing match before? Conor was fucked by Round 3, his blows had no sting. Mayweather is more than happy to drop a couple of rounds to a power puncher to feel them out and let them gas. Did the same with Ricky Hatton.
>>
>>77861344
Except in UFC you're not limited to striking the guy in the front of the upper body with your fists. You can choke him, kick him, or take him down. Which is exactly what happens if your opponent curls up into a little ball like a pussy.
>>
>>77859267
Lomachenko may have actually killed him
>>
>>77861491
mcgregor clinched FAR more than mayweather you mong

Mcememe was even "running away" as anti-mayweather fighters like to call him out for

There's no winning with you runts, just accept he lost, no ifs, no buts.
>>
>>77858378

At least we don't allow safe spaces and trans people you cock sucker.
>>
>>77859251
This. Boxing is boring as fuck and the the shit mma fighters get boo'd at by the crowd for doing is what boxers do like 95% of a fight. Just stand around throwing bitch jabs and blocking. Boxing is trash. The McGregor fight was bad and every preliminary fight was bad.
>>
>>77861658
you don't have enough population to even tell if there are any
>>
Wheres that disgusting Aussie faggot with 49-1 in his name?

Did he commit suicide yet?
>>
File: download (1).png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
4KB, 225x225px
>Goat boxer had to wait until an amateur gets tired before he starts winning
>>
UFC fans...
>if Conor won
LOL BOXING IS A JOKE
>if Conor lost by distance
LOL THE GREATEST BOXER COULDN'T EVEN KO A UFC FIGHTER! MMA IS THE BEST!
>if Conor lost by KO (what actually happened)
CONOR DID BETTER THAN EVERYONE THOUGHT WHICH IS WHY MMA IS THE BEST MARTIAL ART! BOXING IS DEAD!

salt
salt
salt
>>
>>77861491
>MMA = Real fight

i wish this meme would die already
>>
>>77861527
This is true.

Conor has no snap to his punches.

Manny Pacquiao would beat the shit out of him.

McGregor has heart, I'll give him that, but he didn't belong in the ring with Floyd.

Floyd hasn't knocked a dude out in forever and is considered a light puncher by boxing standards.

Any true world class boxer at that weight would beat McGregor, I have no doubt at all.

Prime Cotto kills him.
Prime Pacquiao annihilates him.
Prime Margarito chews him up.

I could go on but what's the point?

MMA & boxing are apples and oranges. Kudos to McGregor for making at least 1 of Floyd Mayweathers fights actually exciting to watch.
>>
>this is what a world champion "fighter" looks like
>>
boxing is the soccer of fighting sports
>>
>>77862023
this guy gets it.

It was a fun fight to watch. Mcgregor never stood a chance, just like Mayweather wouldnt stand a chance in the octagon.
>>
Seriously, can this nigger go for more than 30 seconds without putting his head in his hands? It ought to be a rule that you have to keep your head above the nipple line and facing forward. This shit is shameful.
>>
>>77861491

leafs truly are the worst posters. get a grip dude, your guy lost
>>
>>77861344
In mma if you do that you're asking for a knee up the middle, guillotine choke standing or pulling guard, taking the back, snapping the head of your opponent into the mat....not a valid comparison and nobody does this in MMA anyway because they know the consequences. More equal should be wrestlers taking empty shots ending up on the ground and not being soccer kicked.
>>
File: yipeee.jpg (31KB, 320x262px) Image search: [Google]
yipeee.jpg
31KB, 320x262px
>the absolute state of MMA """"athletes"""""" conditioning

What an absolute joke of a """"sport"""
>>
>>77861956
How about over or under a round? Put floyd against 3/4ths the fighters in his weight or featherweight and 3/4ths if not more would have him out in the first round. If Mcgregor fought him in the cage the over under would legitimately be a minute.
>>
>>77856937
i mean, how many times did floyd bend down in the first few rounds?
mcgregor could've elbowed him in the back of the head right then and there and ended it

this sport is a joke
>>
>>77862606
cardio kills gains brah
>>
>>77862640
yea and if a soccer player was allowed to pick up the ball with his hands he could run it into the goal real easily.

Fucking idiot
>>
>>77856937
>>77857903

good posts good thread

floyd won the boxing match, conor won the war
>>
>>77862705
get help
>>
Round 6. He literally just turns his back rofl. Although potatofag was completely winded by round 5, i will admit.
>>
ALRIGHT YOU HEEM FAGGOTS

THE MONEY TEAM CALLED IT

ONLY

THEY
THE MONEY TEAM

HAVE A LEGIT STABLE OF BOYS

ELLERBY LITERALLY SAID "STABLE OF BOYS"

ALL YOU MALE HAREM FAGS
ALL YOU NU-HEEM "BOY" PSUEDO STABLE PRETEND FAGS

FUCK OFF WITH THAT DOWN LOW HOMO FAGGOT SHIT

BITCH NIGGERS
IM TAKING BACK HEEM FOR REAL HIGH TEST BROS
>>
File: 1503811391427.jpg (18KB, 352x429px) Image search: [Google]
1503811391427.jpg
18KB, 352x429px
This ole Justin Trudeu ass nigga ole if your opponents beat you you win ass nigga
>>
>>77862764

>thanks for sharing my opinion, good posts friends :^)
>>
>>77862606
Conor was known for his bad gas tank tho in the mma

These boxers curling up like little bitched would get kneed to the head in real man's sport.
>>
>>77862903
mayweather's legs would collapse before he got within arm's range of any figher in MMA by the amount of leg kicks he'd take
>>
>/heem/ vs. /box/
this is actually what dipshits think is happening here. they're not event trolling
>>
>>77858789
>they actually got to see a real boxing match
you need to fucking kys twice
>>
>>77861620
i'd pay to see it just to shut up the fags that need to get banished to /asp/ forever
>>
>>77858148
McGregor promoted the fuck out of that fight.
>>
>>77861428
if you can't fight back it's a tko
>>
>>77856937
29 year old champion couldnt even hurt a 40 year old double retiree even when he used all his gas in 3 rounds.
>>
how does clinching work in boxing?
i remember a lot of hugging when i watched the mayweather vs pac fight but the ref stopped every clinch in this fight?
>>
>>77861167
Thanks nsac, pls stay in boxing.
>>
>>77861239
>literally only uses boxing
Pls educate your self.
>>
>>77859984
Clearly it's you who hasn't seen a GSP fight.
>>
>>77861344
yes.
If you can't defend you should not be fighting.
>>
>>77861796
>thats a bad thing?

Still dominate international sports far more than you do, especially the population being the size of a US city.
>>
>2 month of boxing literally makes you top10 in the world

If we learned something, it's that being a great boxer is just having good PR and hitting the bag now and then.
>>
>>77858939
If you don't like fair play my good fellow I suggest you jolly well the hell off
>>
>>77860343
More >neutral points here:
-You could see that Mayweather had slowed down a bit from old age, especially in the first 4 rounds.
-Throughout the fight it became quite apparent that Conor would be able to destroy Floyd easily if it was a "real fight", with all the back turning that Floyd was doing.
-Regardless, it was a masterful performance by Floyd, technically perfect manoueveres, flawless rhythm and disruption of Connor's. He could have finished him much earlier as well in another match, as you could see he had figured the 'awkward angles' that Connor had by round 4.
>>
muh 20 pounds
>>
>>77856937
Wow so neutral, I'm impressed. But what about if they were both in an old west style duel? I have a feeling that Mayweather would be quicker on the draw. But McGregor MIGHT be able to tank a shot. However, both of them get wrecked by Annie Oakley.
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 260x194px
>>77863573
>niggers
>hitting anything with firearms
>>
File: 1480411459340.jpg (345KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480411459340.jpg
345KB, 1920x1080px
>>77859251
Basically this. You showed me this picture before tonight and I'd say Mayweather was headed to the floor in about 2 seconds. But
>no hammer punches
>no shots to the back of the head
are pathetic rules.
>>
>>77858148
He was not abused in the first rounds, he had to hide from McGregor and pivot, spin, hold, and run.

However, boxings rules are fucked, that's not either fighters fault. Ref shouldn't have called it when he did, but Floyd landed 5 very real shots, and had the energy lead.
>>
>>77861332

This applies to boxing as well
>>
>>77861874
>Conor starts making careless punches
>can't reserve himself and gets winded into the 3rd round
>can't guard for shit
>has to hug to survive
>dirty hits to the back of the neck
>has zero stamina
>struggles to land hard hits on a man 11 years his age
>shit timing on his jabs
No excuse for a 29 year old professional fighter against a 40 year old out of retirement. All mma babbies needs to be relocated back to /asp/. Conor lost and mma took a dive, now take it instead of bitching over it.
>but muh octagon
>but muh karate kid martial arts
>but muh grapples
GGG would knock Conor out in the octagon within the first round before he could take him to the ground with some Jackie Chan bullshit. MMA is dead and Floyd killed it.
>>
what happened to all the traps and stuff?
>>
>>77863268

I have, his bouts were boring as fuck to watch and I'll concede he's one of the greatest to ever do it. I don't find it personally appealing and his fights were one of the easiest ways to put off new fans that weren't Canadian.
>>
>>77863297
>dominate international sports far more than you do
Hmmm...
>>
>>77862903
Golovkin would knock Conor the fuck out in the Octagon before he tries his karate kid antics
>>
>>77863785
He got hit in the back because he squats down low enough a landmine couldn't hit him in a legal zone. He's a boring, rules-exploiting dickhead.

And people will exploit rules when given the chance, so the rules need to be fixed, or the sport will wither further into obscurity.
>>
>>77863905
Almost got disqualified when someone grabbed me in a fight. Still not sure why it was illegal to start punching the shit out of his ribs, fucker all but had me in a headlock.
>>
>>77860515
MMA conditioning is just very different than boxing conditioning. A perfect conditioned boxer would gas after a single minute of grappling.
>>
what the fuck does heem mean
>>
>>77864588
lurk more /pol/fag
>>
>>77863657
I guess that's what makes Mayweather so good. He knows how to make use of the boxing rules (and ref) to his advantage.
>>
>>77858579
HE WAS EXHAUSTED!
>>
Mayweather was trolling. If he wanted to, he would have ended it in the 1st round.
>>
>>77856937

>mayweather repeatedly says in post fight conference strategy was always to let connor punch himself out
>145 vs 175, 5 weight class difference
>40 vs 29
>HE WENT TEN ROUNDS WITH A LEGEND TOTAL VICTORY

kill yourself
>>
>>77863657

You can't punch in the back of the head in mma you fucking idiot.
>>
File: DINm6ytVwAAUFOE.jpg (186KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DINm6ytVwAAUFOE.jpg
186KB, 1000x1200px
>>77856937
>77856937▶>>77857903 >>77858579 >>77858825 >>77858923 >>77858939 >>77859827 >>77860343 >>77860597 >>77860630 >>77860696 >>77861239 >>77861284 >>77862640 >>77862764 >>77863189 >>77863573 >>77866462

These people think hillary won because muh popular vote.
>>
>>77860515
>MMA conditioning is complete shit. He was gassed after 5 rounds.
Conor's conditioning is shit.

Conor's known for having a bad gas tank even in MMA.
>>
>>77866580

>butthurt threads are banned on /pol/
>comes here to shitpost and makes it about the election somehow

here's your (You), I hope your proud of yourself. Can you fuck off back to your shit containment board now please?
>>
File: superior_combat_sport.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
superior_combat_sport.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>getting winded and losing by tko means we win
truly the superior combat sport
>>
>>77866661
What are you talking about, MMA has kicks and grappling and wrestling. Conor isn't going to gas when the fight is just boxing, that'd be stupid.
>>
>>77866732

>connor won't gas because he only has to punch

you have to be trolling
>>
>>77866726
This is the funniest thing I've ever seen. What the fuck kind of fighting is this. Fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>77866726
Yeah. Kickboxing is the best fighting sport.
>>
>>77866726
unga bunga, me hit man
>>
HAHAHAHA I fucking knew this would happen. MMA tard tears flowing.
>>
Mayweather would lose in the first round in an MMA fight with anyone on the UFC roster
Conor would not lose in the first 3 rounds with 90%+ of the boxers

the Maywether -Mcgregor boxing fight proved nothing except how high the ammount is of ignorant (and racist) people that tuned in to watch it
>>
>It was fatigue..Oim still fresh... p-pls buy my whiskey
>>
Jack of all trades, Master of none.

The thing is the top guys in UFC are usually guys who have Mastered one skill set like Boxing, Wrestling or Ground and Pound and can add the rest to a sufficiently competitive level.

If Mayweather was Connor's age he could add the rest of the UFC skill set to his repetoire and be more successful in MMA, I just can't think of one thing Conor is good (World Class) at, and I've been watching him for a long time.

Be interesting to see what his next fight is, RN there's guys in the real boxing divisions that would have been more ruthless that Mayweather and guys in UFC who would love to take him down a notch or two
>>
>>77869890
PACQUIAO LANDED LESS THAN MCGREGOR HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
>>77856937
He didn't "last" 10 rounds, Floyd threw about 12 punches in the first 2 rounds, Conor got tired just by being in the same ring as Floyd. You could say the fight started in the 7th and was stopped within 3.
>>
>>77874455
Floyd actually bothered to dodge Pacquiao's punches. Floyd walked to Conor in a straight line the whole night, should've been easy work him.
>>
>>77862976

The fastest kicks in the UFC are slower than Baldomir's punches/Maidana's brain.
>>
>>77866726

The mullet really makes it.
>>
>>77874286

How would he lose?
>>
>>77856937
What needs to occur is a match between the Heavyweight ufc champion and the Heavyweight boxing super champion. This is the only fight worth watching because of the knockout power.

The boxer will obviously win most times and the mma fighter will be paid a large sum of money to get his head bashed in. Also they need to use mma gloves.

This is the only thing worth watching.
>>
>>77858923
this, if I was Conor I'd be thinking about those stacks of millions I just pocketed, and all he had to do was lose a boxing match to one of the best boxers ever
>>
>>77875091
Mayweather vs Joshua MMA fight
>>
Holly Holm BTFO of your greatest woman of all time and is a boxer.

Cody Garbrandt was a very good amateur boxer and humiliated Cruz.

Ray Mercer sparked out Tim Sylvia in 9 seconds.
>>
>>77874902
by a knockout from a kick to his head or a takedown and a submission
pure boxers dont know how to fight on the ground just watch UFC 1
>>
>>77859251
>fighting like a girl
>exciting
>>
>Mayweather totally ruled the fight
>last 10 rounds to defeat a MMA fighter

That was pathetic, desu, I don't give a fuck if he have a defensive style, that was embarrassing.
>>
>>77875224
Floyd wouldn't be taken down or hit, he's an elite athlete
>>
if mcgregor had been allowed to take his gloves off and gouge mayweathers eyes out then he would have ended it. i mean come on, real fights dont have all these pussy boxing rules. if mcgregor had been allowed to douse mayweather in nerve gas in round 1 he would have floored him. if mcgregor had been allowed to cut mayweather in half with a chainsaw he would have rocked him 10 times out of ten
>>
>>77875224

The fastest kickers and wrestlers in the UFC are slower than anyone Floyd has faced in the past 15 years. Rory MacDonald (slow foot speed, bad spacing, average reaction time) neutralized Maia's takedowns. Think about how fast Floyd is compared to Rory...yeah.
>>
Does anyone have that webm where McGregor tries to punch Floyd but Floyd moves his head back and counters?
>>
>>77875224
yeah and conor would beat the shit out of mayweather at scrabble too
>>
>>77875224
Pure boxers dont know how t fight on the ground, that's some serious insight
>>
>>77858148
He also said he'd behead Aldo and parade through Brazil with it, can't believe he didn't actually do it amiright
>>
>>77861620
I would personally like to see Golovkin take McGregor apart
>>
>>77875224
>pure boxers dont know how to fight on the ground

MMA fighters don't know how to fight on the ground either. Shit is boring.
>>
Former pound for pound #1 and undefeated boxer beats a fighter making his pro boxing debut. This is why boxing is a joke and most people think it's dead.
>>
>>77861956
so was the only way to circumvent this to have Conor end up dead/vegetable?
The ref would take a lot of heat, but people would know how MMA is for bitches.
>>
>>77863722
>casual boxing fan weighing in with his shitty opinion

This fight was textbook and fucking obvious. Conor didn't "win" the first three rounds. He got baited into using all his energy by an advancing floyd. After round 4 he wasn't throwing anything with legs behind it and after round 8 he couldn't stand up. With 4 more rounds to go floyd would've ended his career.
>>
>>77874286
>12 round endurance sport
>clinging on to 3 rounds

The reason your guy lost is because he thought it was about the first three rounds, you monkey
>>
>>77874493
ding ding ding.

Floyd just made him wear himself out and then got serious and destroyed him.
>>
>>77875345
>this butthurt

Get over it, you lost, stop crying.
hahahahah
>>
>>77857903
>mma is the closest you can get to a real fight

>spending 80% wrestling on the ground

Yes sure...
>>
>>77866726
>Mommy said it's my turn to play with the choochoo train!
>>
>>77863461
So now getting steamrolled on your first fight make you a top 10 boxer...
>>
>All this damage control from /heem/
Embarrassing
>>
File: my fucking sides.gif (3MB, 294x238px) Image search: [Google]
my fucking sides.gif
3MB, 294x238px
Before the fight
>Floyd has brittle hands and is pillow fisted!

After the fight
>*coughs*.... "c-c-conor still did well by managing to s-s-s-survive"
>>
Can we just appreciate that this didn't end up like CM Punks debut into the UFC. Gonna pour one for McGregor tonight.
>>
Conor's first professional boxing match was against the best boxer of a generation. Conor's first professional fight was a 12 rounder (Mike Tyson's first 12 rounder was his 28th fight). Conor lasted longer than Ricky Hatton, Victor Ortiz and Arturo Gatti did against Mayweather. Conor never gave up / never took a knockdown. Conor landed 111 punches on Mayweather (Pacquiao landed 81).
>>
>>77880381
>Can we
No
>>
>>77880417

>Comparing a guy weighing 170+ lbs fighting a 2 years retired 40 year old boxer to former 130 lbs boxers fighting him in his prime

This is why /heem/ is a laughing stock and always will be.
>>
>>77858148
>promotes fight for money by putting on absurd persona
>literally 5 seconds after the TKO was called he goes to Mayweather to give him respect and gratitude

Jeez anon, something tells me Mcgregor didn't literally mean half the shit he said before the fight happened? mmm can't be sure
>>
Fake fight. It was a glorified sparring session. Did Mcgregor ever once throw a punch as hard as he did against Diaz? No.
>>
>>77880506
Yeah he did, usually at the opening of the rounds. Then he got tired out because he was throwing so many punches. And also he was carrying more weight, and punching from far back each time, using lots of energy.

Floyd was keeping in tight, saving his energy a lot, then letting a fist fly when it mattered
>>
>>77856937
He did better than most were suspecting. Didn't most boxing fans think Floyd was going to knock him out in Round 4? Even with his brittle hands, most of his fans thought he would KO him immediately.

If you actually thought McGregor would win then I guess it might come off bad, but no reasonable person thought he would win. I was suspecting a shitty fight and I got a decent fight in the end.
>>
It's funny because Conor beat himself up. His cardio is fucking awful, and he should stop the weight cutting meme.
>>
>>77866726
lmao fucking mma
>>
>>77880029
>On point criticism is butthurt.
How long do you think that Mayweather would last in MMA?
>>
>/heem/ cardio
>good
>>
>>77856937
I'm hoping Mcmeme actually starts to believe this sickening damage control by the ignorant, fights somebody who still has functioning hands, and gets what he deserves. Canelo would be good.
>>
>>77866726
So this is the power of mixed martial arts
>>
>>77874902
Just grab him and he's done. What the hell can he do on the ground.
>>
Why do people say McGregor did better than everyone thought?

Normie Google poll had 60% saying McGregor would win.

/sp/ Poll had 55% saying McGregor would win the fight.
>>
>>77885661
That's just banter
>>
>>77885661
because normies and /sp/ are just as dumb
>>
File: Jay-Z-and-Kanye-LOLZ.jpg (61KB, 630x421px) Image search: [Google]
Jay-Z-and-Kanye-LOLZ.jpg
61KB, 630x421px
>>77866726
i dont want to laugh at this, i really don't but...
>>
what the fuck is going on with conor's cardio, how has he not fixed this yet?
>>
>>77858579

holy shit you're upset

>Illiterate dancing chimp says he'll fight in the octagon
>objectively pisses his pants and goes back on it because he knows he'd tap in 30 seconds

boxing is literally dead, BTFO on repair, boxing fans objectively and irrefutably embarrassed to the point of suicide
>>
>>77860515
>implying Negroid Floyd wouldn't tap from a front facelock ten seconds into an MMA fight
>>
>>77860597
Floyd literally said that he would fight McGregor in the octagon, and objectively pussied out after watching one fight
>>
>>77856937
>the greatest
the greatest boxer. not the greatest fighter in boxing

>>77887591
genetics
>>
>>77861284
>Floyd still too afraid to step into the octagon

boxing= objectively dead and irrelevant, less of a sport than even WWE
>>
>40 year old man has better cardio than this guy
>>
>>77862903
Canelo would 1 shoot any MMA fighter under any rules. A jab to the body would be enough to leave any MMA meme without breath. MMA fighters strike like women and can't take a punch to safe their lifes. When a meme striker like McMeme is considered the "best" you know what MMA level is
https://youtu.be/eUx9OE7DZAo
>>
>>77880506
MMA striking force is lower than an average jab from a boxer. The Diaz punch is nothing for a boxer
Thread posts: 196
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.