[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.outsideonline.com/22345 21/we-must-change-narrat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 15

File: 1503642885309.png (829KB, 802x946px) Image search: [Google]
1503642885309.png
829KB, 802x946px
https://www.outsideonline.com/2234521/we-must-change-narrative-around-womens-sports
>>
>>77797519
And you think the place to do that is 4CHAN?!
>>
>What's the women's equivalents of these milestones
They don't exist. Because the male milestone is better in every popular sport, and who gives a shit about someone being not even second best? Since when a woman does end up breaking that milestone it's usually already been broken by multiple men.
>>
>>77797519
>there is no demand
>then there is no supply
This is why women don't have a four minute mile or two hour marathon. No one in their right mind cares.
>>
the 4 minute sandwich
>>
This artcile is a bit funny because it seems to be missing the point so hard. Why care about the 4:30 minute mile when the 4 minute mile exists?

That's the issue with women's sports. It's men's sports but worse.
>>
>>77797565
Exactly. Over 60 years after the first four minute mile, the best female time is 4:12. Sixty years of advances in nutritional sciences, training and equipment and the best time is still 12 seconds off.
>>
>>77797590
Yeah, and the artcile seems to think the problem is the narrative, the way we talk and think about women's sports, focusing on the fact that women are simply entering ("Wow a women's X!") instead the actual achievments and benchmarks of these women.

But when you actually do look at the achievments, they're just a worse version of the men's. lol
>>
>>77797519
the 4 minute clean the kitchen
>>
>>77797519

>Trying to make people pay attention/enjoy something that is objectively inferior and less entertaining
>>
>>77797519
what?
>>
>>77797519
If I was a woman this would make me feel like shit. "Mommy! I want to run a 4 minute mile when I grow up!" "Sure dear, but maybe you should focus on a 4:12 mile. That's the best woman equivalent after all."
>>
>>77797805
time for the female second, which is 4% longer than the male second.
>>
>>77797557
You just know that a man holds all of the sandwich records.
>>
Women's sports should revolve around just how difficult it is for women to compete as athletes in the first place instead of doing its best to tip toe around or ignore that fact.
>>
>sjws will get mentally ill trannies into women's sports
>chicks with dicks will dominate girl's events

best timeline desu
>>
>>77798654
Chicks with dicks are the future
>>
Men dont ever venture out into the female sports world to seek recognition so why do women sports constantly do it?

Obviously its because they have an economic interest at hand, they really dont give two shits about emporwing female athletisicm
>>
>>77797812
Sometime in our lifetime, somebody will unironically advocate this
>>
>>77797546

There are plenty of women milestone times

1500m 4 min
Marathon 2:20
10k 30min
200m 22 seconds
400m 50s

The men's mile is historic. That's the only reason the meme time stands out compared to others. It's not even an impressive time these days. Kids in school can do it.
>>
>>77797519
>Season-ending pregnancy
>>
>>77799110
>Kids in school can do it.
not in murrica
>>
>>77799153

>High school senior Reed Brown finished third in the pro men's mile in 3:59.30 at the Festival of Miles in St. Louis, making him the tenth high school boy to break four miles in the mile. His time makes the Oregon commit the No. 4 high school miler of all time.
>>
File: mueller giggle.jpg (36KB, 643x362px) Image search: [Google]
mueller giggle.jpg
36KB, 643x362px
>>77797557
>>
>>77799153
>Being this retarded
>>
I sort of agree. Talking about the 4 minute miles for 12 years old runners dont make sense and it woule be ridiculous to treat kids like shit because they cant compare to adult runners.
Now I wont pretend I care about female sports, but its important to have this sort of things otherwise in 20 years every female sport podium is going to be T-ridden intersex and trannies
>>
>>77799110
A four minute mile is still very impressive.
>>
>>77799817

Sure but so is any number of times for other distances. The mile just has history with Roger Bannister and how people thought it might not even be possible. Now about 150 guys do it every year
>>
>>77797769
Is that cunt touching the screen?
>>
>>77798753
True. On another note one of the few sports a female could be just as good at men at is baseball, but that's why they'll never let them close to the game.
>>
>>77800000

>one of the few sports a female could be just as good at men at is baseball

I know nothing about baseball but I sense this is a load of nonsense.
>>
>>77799110
>There are plenty of women milestone times
Why should anyone care though? When the milestones are either worse than the males, or equivalent but only broken decades after a male first did it. The response is either going to be 'Who gives a shit, the men's record for that distance is way better' or 'Who gives a shit, a guy first did that 40 years ago and many others have done it since'.
>>
>>77800026
No, it's not on par exactly but elite fast pitch softball players could make the transition and compete in the mlb under the right circumstances. Prime Crystl bustos is an example. Mostly the power hitters because the reaction timing between elite softball pitching and elite baseball pitching is comparable with softball being actually a little quicker.
>>
>>77798654
I'm going to laugh so hard at this.
I mean, I already do when this chap shows up, but that's not often enough.
>>
>>77800141
/Trans/ threads take on a whole new meaning.
>>
>>77797606

That's the uncomfortable reality. "Wow a women's X!" is the only narrative that doesn't pale in comparison to the men's equivalent.

There already is a four minute mile and two hour marathon equivalent for women; they're a four minute mile and a two hour marathon. The clock doesn't gender-adjust.
>>
>>77799153

The number of American high school kids who have done it is in the double digits. In fact, the American national record for the mile for high schoolers is less than one second off of the overall national record for Austria.
>>
>women's equivalent of 4 minutes

4 minutes

>women's equivalent of 2 hours

2 hours
>>
>>77797519
What the fuck?

People with this mindset have no idea what the actual appeal and purpose of professional sports are.
I watch sports because I want to see pinnacle of the human ability, not a cut rate version.

This is basically the equivalent of "The US got a man on the moon, but some other country got a satellite in orbit"
Who gives a fuck?
>>
>>77800125
You have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>77801381
Most people watch sports for tribalism desu. That's why college football, bad professional teams, high School sports, lower league divegrass not only exist, but are popular
>>
Such question like the one in the article never across normal people like me, because I already know women sucks at sports, and I rarely give a fuck about it.

Until I rolled at the of the article:
>Sally Bergesen (@oiselle_sally) is the founder and CEO of Oiselle, a Seattle-based athletic apparel company and athlete sponsor by and for women.
>>
>>77801454
It's a bit different for team sports
But even then, the attraction for high and college sports isn't how good they are for their level
>>
For those that don't know, Oiselle is basically the retail embodiment of SJWs. Most or all of their athletes are former Nike runners with a bone to pick because Nike dropped them when they stopped running well. Close ties with Brooks, which brands itself as the anti-Nike, despite being the brand of choice for newbie runners going to run specialty stores. Brooks does well with that demographic because they make their shoes super soft, which doesn't necessarily make them better cushioned, but has an out of box comfort that newbs perceive as being better. They are also built on the same last as Superfeet inserts, which get pushed on new runners as well as a cure all for heel and arch pain (though they are useful for plantar fascitis). Also Brooks and Superfeet are both deeply in bed with Fleet Feet Inc., which has taken the mom and pop small running store model and corporatized it.
>>
>acknowledge that women sports have less quality than men's
>still wants them to be equally popular
this is a whole new level of retardation
>>
>>77801439
https://youtu.be/rmfJ3UjSq1Q

Really not that hard to understand. Boreball is mostly based on mental, technique, and timing not actual physical prowess. Would you also like me to link you the video where a bat that slipped out of a guys hand hits a home run? When a ball comes in at 90 mph all you have to do is put the sweet spot on it and physics takes care of the rest.
>>
>>77797519
>we want The Guardian audience
>>
>>77801704
Holy fuck you are retarded, men have better reaction times than women, which is a large part of the game. Also, women can pitch over 90 mph. Baseball is actually the one sport where women can't play in.
>>
>>77801968
Can't
>>
>>77801968
>Faster reaction times
That's where you're wrong. There's virtually no difference in fast twitch muscle fibers or hand eye coordination (also why women make excellent marksmen-women whatever) and no they can't pitch in the majors because pitching is a function of strength and leverage which they lack in comparison. That said the shorter distance between a softball mound to plate as compared to a baseball mound to plate is what makes the reaction time between the two sports comparable even though one is pitching at a slower speed. The slower speed and larger ball, however, make it MORE difficult to generate the lift and speed necessary for home runs from a strictly physics point of view. Which is why the fences are also shorter in softball.

Women could also play corners in mlb theoretically because strength and speed isn't a necessary trait there either. Just perfect techniques and awareness which anyone can master.
>>
>>77801258
>The clock doesn't gender adjust.
Yet.
>>
>>77803220
Why don't women just focus on sports like marksmanship, darts, and bowling if they want to compete with men on an even playing field?
>>
>>77803286
Because they can do anything a man can and if you say that's untrue, you are a misogynist.

Honestly though, I just clicked on this on the 4chan home page, I'm just memeing.
>>
File: tetromino.jpg (29KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
tetromino.jpg
29KB, 600x400px
>>77797519
>Why don't we have established
>>
>>77801704
It's true that there's a saying that baseball is 90% mental. But this is only true because all the players at the major league level are incredible athletes. It is true that what separates the incredible athletes at AA from the incredible athletes at the major league is skill and the mental game. But you are wrong when you say that baseball does not depend on physical prowess. Everyone from Altuve and Pedroia to Stanton and Judge are physical beasts and no woman can match them.
>>
>>77805093
>Altuve
>YFW even manlets BTFO women
>>
>>77801704

You can see it in youth baseball. The girls can compete with the boys all the way up until when the boys hit puberty. After that, they just don't have the strength to compete. They're not quick enough to beat out a ground ball and they're not strong enough to turn a fly out to the left fielder into a home run.
>>
>>77805093
Nice cherry picking, those are like THE three specimens in all of MLB. You do NOT have to be especially physically impressive to hit or play corners which is what I am limiting the female athletes participation to. Willie Mays was 180 lbs Roberto Clemente weighed only 175. Hitting is pure technique, timing, and reaction, nothing else.
>>
>>77797519
Wow! So powerful and brave. #respect
>>
>>77797519
>you stoopid menz, why wont you watch womenz sports like you watch menz sportz

fuck these clowns, women dont like sports as much as men, end of story

force women to pay hundreds of dollars for WNBA tickets if you want... but leave men out of it
>>
>>77805152
Same thing happens to most boys when everyone hits puberty, that's why the drop off in participation is so great in jr. High age groups and then in hs etc. The reality is 90% is ass at sports and even most of the physically gifted who go on to play are ass at technique and work ethic which is why baseball is littered with fast or strong guys who will never amount to shit. Again I'm not saying all women can do it or that the ones who did wouldn't be handicapped as opposed to their make counterparts, but it could be done.
>>
>>77798689

No such thing, only blokes with tits
>>
>>77802128
so let's say that a woman is able to make contact and hit a pitch, she's still slower to first than most men and could easily get thrown out
>>
>>77805236
hitting is technique, timing, reaction, luck, physical ability, arm strength, shoulder width, etc, etc, basically hitting is a lot more than just the 3 thing you listed, stop trying to simplify it too much costanza
>>
File: 14075173784555.jpg (87KB, 326x313px) Image search: [Google]
14075173784555.jpg
87KB, 326x313px
>>77797519

>forcing things

When will people learn? You cant make people pretend to like things that will make you feel good.
>>
>>77805236
I highlighted the extremes to say that everyone in between is also physically gifted.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about if you don't think strength and speed play a significant role in baseball. Generating bat speed requires strength in the core and strength in the hips and legs.
Why do you think the amount of home runs was so high in the steroid era? It's because they took steroids to get STRONGER! STRENGTH = POWER=BETTER PERFORMANCE!

The peak physical performance of woman cannot match the peak physical performance of a man because they are biologically different. The strongest of women are not equal to the strongest of men. The fastest of women are not equal to the fastest of men.

So at the top level of baseball the only way a woman will play is if she can throw ~80mph and has a great knuckleball. I think that is possible.
>>
>>77797519
>women's equivalents of the four-minute mile
The nine-month pregnancy?
>>
File: world championship.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
world championship.webm
3MB, 800x450px
what is the female equivalent of Michael Jordan?
>>
File: student athletes.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
student athletes.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Why don't men watch this instead of the NBA?
>>
File: 1503496074566.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1503496074566.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Women sports are entertaining in their own way.
>>
>>77806129
wait what's happening in this webm? I don't know the first thing about basketball, but why is the red team trying to score in both hoops?
>>
>>77797519
>there was no immediate answer, and the question lingered awkwardly in the air

maybe its because its a dumb question
>>
>>77806282
that's a sexist question
>>
>>77806312
no seriously, i don't understand, I dont get >>77806160 either. why do they go for both hoops in webm1 and why is no one protecting the hoop in webm 2?
>>
>>77806282
>wait what's happening in this webm

The effects of mass alcohol consumption in slavic sport
>>
>>77806331
Because they're doing it wrong
>>
>>77806165

:3
>>
>>77797519
>Muh journo who once read the word 'narrative' and thinks writing it in every article makes it intellectual
>>
>liberals will one day pass taxes on mens sports and redistribute the money to women who "do the same job"
>>
>>77806105
The steroids actually helped more with recovery and stamina and the ability to take more reps in the offseason and not break down in season during the slog of all those games. The extra strength and size was a side effect and may have added some help but juicing in and of itself doesn't really make you that much better of a ball player it just helps you be at your best more than before.

>>77806020
More likely her double may be a single but this isn't much different than prince fielder

>>77806051
>Hitting is luck
Wew lad. Again do you guys all need me to link you the vid where a bat that has slipped out of players hand makes a home run? All you need to do is put the sweet spot on the ball and zoom the motherfucker is gone. Now easier said than done, granted, but your gender doesn't preclude you from doing so.
>>
>>77806404
>having a "narrative" about anything
>>
>>77806165
Endearing.
>>
>>77797565
I am not sure.
why care about lesser weights in boxing, when there is heavy weight?
Maybe we want to see who is the better in every category.
>>
>>77806331
Own goal essentialy.
>>
>>77806165
Cute
>>
>>77806165
She can't lay up because they're Japanese
>>
>>77806533
i guess the difference is that PF was a decent MLB player while no woman could even play in Single A
>>
>>77806936
I mean that's what the arguments about. You cant just reassert your opinion and think you're moving the argument. For the sake of the argument I'll concede that prince fielders career probably represents the ceiling a female could achieve in the MLB
>>
>>77806129
>>77806160
are they scoring on the wrong basket?
>>
>>77806615
That's why there's different running events you retard. Do you think Usain Bolt could beat Mo Farah in a marathon? Now do you think Mo Farah could beat Usain Bolt in the 100 meters? The different events are the equivalent of different weight classes in boxing you fucking oaf.
Honestly I hate you stupid cunts throwing your mental gymnastics and fallacies everywhere just to pretend that unequal things can be made equal when they clearly can't. Women will never run as fast, hit as hard or left as much as men. More specifically white men who I assume must be the strongest people on the planet after centuries of carrying ungrateful women, niggers and kikes on their back.
>>
>>77807331
>He assumes
>That means he isn't white
>Just wishes he was.
>>
>>77800125
softball pitching is slower
>>
>>77807508
Yeah and the pitcher is 17 and a half feet closer. That means the total time to track the pitch is pretty congruent between the two sports.
>>
>>77807620
As a former baseball player its mostly the speed...not the distance that made a difference. Obviously thats anecdotal so take it for what you will.
>>
File: Fat_Doggo.jpg (121KB, 960x958px) Image search: [Google]
Fat_Doggo.jpg
121KB, 960x958px
>sportsminded women and business leaders
>they can't even think of their own goals in athletics despite calling themselves athletes and runners
>"It's the narrative that needs to be changed! That's why I can't tell you what a top end goal in athletics could be!"
>>
>>77806533
Why doesn't Dee Gordon hit more home runs by just 'sticking' his bat out there and letting it hit the sweet spot?
The answer is: Just putting the barrel of the bat on the ball doesn't provide enough power. You have to generate your own. This woman you're providing as an example wouldn't be able to generate enough power to be a power hitter and she doesn't have enough speed to be a Dee Gordon-like player. You don't know baseball and you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
File: moodfish.png (158KB, 316x325px) Image search: [Google]
moodfish.png
158KB, 316x325px
>>77798654
Post your face when trannies beat women at their own game.
>>
>>77808262
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2541514-batter-hits-home-run-on-backward-swing.amp.html

https://youtu.be/fczUzv0kcNw

You're really overestimating how much "speed" or "power" is needed from the bat side of this equation.
>>
>>77807011
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_Silver_Bullets

The best women had to offer is the equivalent of a .500 AA team
>>
> (((((((((( BERGERSEN )))))))))))))
>>
>>77808921
I already covered that women are not suitable for all positions. Thanks for sharing tho.
>>
>>77800125
Even if the reaction times were similar women wouldn't be able to compete with men in terms of base running speed and throw velocity. They'd never be able to compete. Remember, this is assuming reaction time and hit power are consistent, which they probably wouldn't be.
>>
File: image.gif (4MB, 400x253px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
4MB, 400x253px
>>77797557
>>
>>77801529
My gf uses Brooks because she has relatively flat feet. Is that bad?
>>
>>77808885
Frazier's hand is on the bat at contact and he's already generated the bat speed. Bustos or any woman wouldn't be able to generate the same bat speed as a MLB player.
>>
>>77808885
Clearly you don't understand the concepts of momentum and kinetic energy
>>
>>77805349
It could be done if the worlds population was a lot smaller, but there are so many great male athletes out there that there's no chance for woman. Woman would be lucky to be decent on a minor league team, don't even think about the majors.
>>
>>77797519
8 minute mile I guess? And 4 hour marathon?
People were silent because nobody wanted to be the one to admit the obvious but embarrassing.
>>
>>77806331

In webm 2 they scored on the correct basket, they clustered their players over by their own basket and the other team's defense was retarded enough to follow them instead of understanding that their objective is to guard the hoop
>>
File: 1492060027687.jpg (30KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1492060027687.jpg
30KB, 250x250px
>>77797519
>writing about yourself in the 3rd person
>>
Honest to god lads, why do you act like women's sports are pointless? Just like paralympics, it is a category for those who cannot compete with the top dogs (healthy athletes or males). Sport is more about competition than breaking records, even if it is (like eurodeputy Janusz Korwin-Mikke once said about paralympics) chess for retards.

But then, I am from a country that celebrates Anita Włodarczyk and Justyna Kowalczyk.
>>
File: 1469343971093.webm (3MB, 716x718px) Image search: [Google]
1469343971093.webm
3MB, 716x718px
>>77806165
Nogizaka46 is best. Nishino a cute.
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.