[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the US wins the world cup, do we get to globally rename

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: thinking.png (264KB, 574x600px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
264KB, 574x600px
If the US wins the world cup, do we get to globally rename the sport soccer?
>>
no you get a trophy you fucking retard
>>
if you won more worldc ups than the total cups won by people who call it some variant of "football" (ie. everyone who's ever won one other than italy) then you could
>>
>>77775685
no but I think you'll win one within 30 years
>>
>>77775717
Fuchibol,fusball and futbol arent the same as football. So they only need to win 2
>>
I don't mind calling it soccer when speaking English.
>>
>>77775709
>>77775717
>>77775727
If your leaf is red
You must exit the thread!
>>
>>77775685
Fat chance
>>
>>77775685
More than that. You get to choose a new name. but it must be politically correct.
>>
>>77775685
the name is already soccer.
only twats call it football, that's the name of another sport.
>>
>>77777238
Cringe. We invented it, we get to call it what we want. We also set the rules. American Football was also invented by the British. So was baseball. So was hockey. So was golf. So was rugby. Only thing we didn't invent was Netball and Basketball.
>>
>>77778460
You're also the morons that called it soccer originally. It's only football because your dirty unwashed masses needed to give it a simple name so their simple heads could understand it better
>>
>>77778608
Actually, we didn't. It's been known as football in both the UK and Ireland from about 13th-14th century. In fact, Edward III of England proclaimed that it was banned, literally the word 'football' was in that ban in the 14th century. Oxford English Dictionary, the first and still highest respected English dictionary in the world, said the first recorded use of the word 'football' was in 15th, with the first verb in 16th.

As for the word 'soccer', that was first uttered in the 19th century by Oxford citizens who used it as slang for the word association. We never called it soccer, Oxford people did (which is where I live hence why I know about this) but the rest of the country called it football and had for the last 5 if not 6 centuries. Hell, even the Americans called it football in the 18th and 19th century and it only changed to soccer because gridiron became known as football and then American Football as soccer was just not as popular.

I have now educated you on the matter. This is where you go 'lol i trolle u' and we all have a jolly laugh.
>>
>>77778696
This. It became association football when there was official clubs, but it was never known as soccer. Oxford is just full of poofs and nerds and they called it soccer as slang, since they're probably badminton or tennis and golf players, the cunts.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.