[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone redpill me on Arsenal? Why the fuck is it so fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: download.png (10KB, 207x244px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
10KB, 207x244px
Can someone redpill me on Arsenal?
Why the fuck is it so fucking popular?Its mediocre team that rarely amounts to anything, but it has so much fans.Its basically Atletico M/Tottenham/Borrusia D/etc tier but its probably the most popular EPL team after Man Utd.It seems to be especially popular in the USA.Whats the reason?Do they have really good marketing team or something?
>>
>they appeal to queers, outcasts and wizards
>the age we live in

Hope that helps
>>
>>77683947
They are popular because burgers see the word "Arsenal", get excited and decide to become customers for them.
>>
They're an English club that peaked at the right time. Also they seem like a relatively "nice" club at face value in that they don't buy up the competition and they're not bankrolled by oil money.
>>
>>77683996
isnt their stadium literally called "Emirates"
>>
americans get all hot and sweaty at the cannon on the crest
>>
> They peaked in that perfect late 90s/early 00s window
> they play an attractive style of football with a bunch of charismatic well known stars
> the high profile rivalry with Man Utd which is sill mentioned to this day. No rivalry has come close since in the Premier League era
>>
It's the first PL team alphabetically on FIFA.
>>
They were the most attractive team when the Premier League popularity boom started
>>
>>77683947
Arsenal is less popular than Chelsea and Liverpool here. And behind real/barca
>>
>>77684009
lol this
>>
>muh beautiful style of play
>the FC Barcelona of the EPL

plus they were good 15 years ago and fans, to their credit, didn't jump off the bandwagon
>>
I follow them because they're comedy gold. They're my secondary team. Wouldn't call myself a supporter or even a customer since I'd never sink to buying any merch of theirs.
>>
How come every black guy supports Arsenal?
>>
Their the 3rd most popular team in my circles (after Real Madrid and FC Barca). We've somehow always heard of Liverpool v. Arsenal and I guess they just picked a side.
>>
File: 1497219062548.jpg (32KB, 396x353px) Image search: [Google]
1497219062548.jpg
32KB, 396x353px
>>77684035
>>
>>77684065
Because London is full of blacks.
>>
it's the only london club with history.
>>
>>77684065
When we moved to the UK Arsenal was a safe option. Most of us were in London anyway. If you went to any other club you did so at a big risk, and once word got round that Arsenal were fine with black people attending that was that.
>>
Because they're the best top team option for people who don't wanna be known as a glory seeker. You pick Man Utd, you'll be known as the ultimate glory seeker. Nobody wants to be associated with scousers so Liverpool is out, and Chelsea and City are the plastic oil money clubs.
>>
>>77684126
>we
>us
>>
>>77684136
My parents are from the Caymans
>>
This article explains it

http://www.economist.com/node/16056339
>>
it's the first club you get in fifa in alphabetical order
>>
For a long time, Man Utd and Arsenal dominated English football. Arsenal then went off the radar following an expensive move to a new stadium and bandwaggoners saw them as a safe club to jump on without being labelled 'glory hunters', knowing they were always* going to be able to watch them in the 'Champions' 'League'.

Also, they're the closest England has to a club with a philosophy of 'stylish' football (that doesn't work against Stoke).
>>
>>77684126
>When we moved to the UK
You have to go back
>>
>>77684159
>that doesn't work against Stoke
is that true or is that just one of those narratives sport journalists stick to for ages?
>>
>>77684161
I-i voted for B-brexit and everything
>>
>>77684190

Literally NO ONE can do it away to Stoke on a rainy Wednesday evening.
>>
>>77684222
Good lad. You're forgiven.
>>
>In eternity, where there is no time, nothing can grow. Nothing can become. Nothing changes. So death created time to grow the things that it would kill... and you are reborn but into the same life that you've always been born into. I mean, how many times have we had this conversation, detectives? Well, who knows? When you can't remember your lives, you can't change your lives, and that is the terrible and the secret fate of all life. You're trapped... like a nightmare you keep waking up into.

Basically this
>>
>>77684515
what fedora-tipping cringefest is that from?
>>
>>77683947
Arsenal is not so popular as you would think, for example my wifes son is a diehard supporter of Chelsea..
>>
>>77684609

That was sneaky Estonia, I nearly took that bait.
>>
>>77684146
Delet
>>
>>77684541
my diary
>>
>>77684009
Nope, it's literally called Ashburton Grove.
>>
Because they're historically the 3rd biggest club in England with lots of history and tradition unlike Chelsea, Spurs and Man City, they dominated the first 10 years of the PL with Man Utd(creating the best competitve rivalry in the history of English football in the process. It was important and as fierce in the early-mid 2000s as El Classico has been the last 5 years), they play aesthetic football, they've had loads of iconic players like Henry(top 3 player in the world between 2002-2005), Vieira, Bergkamp and finally like this guy>>77684134
says, they're good without being dominating enough that you'd be considered a glory-hunting cunt for supporting them. and also >>77684114 this
>>
File: cuckEng.jpg (34KB, 289x475px) Image search: [Google]
cuckEng.jpg
34KB, 289x475px
>>77683996
>>77684009
kek
>>
>>77683947
Ameridumbs and their gun culture desu
>>
Thierry Henry m8
>>
File: white.jpg (41KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
white.jpg
41KB, 500x390px
>>77684838
>>
File: vaVaVoom.jpg (102KB, 1232x1049px) Image search: [Google]
vaVaVoom.jpg
102KB, 1232x1049px
>>77684844
>>
File: coleAsh.jpg (68KB, 659x625px) Image search: [Google]
coleAsh.jpg
68KB, 659x625px
>>77684856
>>
>>77683947
>Its mediocre that rarely amounts to anything
literally /sp/
>>
>>77684009
You need to compare them to the other top PL clubs. Chelsea and City are funded by oil money, United also spend ridiculous amounts now that SAF has left. That just leaves Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal. Only one of those teams has won a PL title so Arsenal is the clear favourite for bandwagoners who don't want to look like bandwagoners.
>>
>>77683947

Suffering brings people together.
>>
>Atletico tier
>>
>>77683947
Literally no one here roots for Arsenal, thankfully
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.