[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have 1 chance to prove Cleveland isn't the greatest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: cleveland-2.png (102KB, 412x550px) Image search: [Google]
cleveland-2.png
102KB, 412x550px
You have 1 chance to prove Cleveland isn't the greatest sports city in the world.
>>
>>77635459
Life long cleveland fan that remembers going to see both the Browns and the Indians play at Municipal Stadium and the Cavs play at the Richmond Coliseum.

We've got great fans, but for so long the players here have been mediocre at best and the front offices have been shit. I think we're a great sports city, but we aren't the greatest. We've won one championship in the last 60 years?

That said, this thread is probably just a way to take yet another cheap shot at the city I love.
>>
cleveland might be the most depressing metropolitan area in the united states.
>>
every team you have has been shit since at least the 60s
>>
File: 1477715112590.png (548KB, 795x568px) Image search: [Google]
1477715112590.png
548KB, 795x568px
>>
Each team had a chance each year for the past fifty years and they couldn't prove it either.
>>
You guys suck at traditionally white conservative sports like baseball and football (don't even have a hockey team) so you latch onto the wigger sport of apehoop and worship at the alter of a balding nigga that gets wooped by light skins on the court.
>>
>>77635459
Browns
>>
>>77636323
>cleveland sucking at baseball
At worst the Indians have been mediocre in the last 30 years, they've been world series contenders for a decent portion of that.
>>
>>77636349
You guys, for a blue collar white city, seem to LOVE apehoop and the black traitor who spent his years in Miami, far more than the Injuns.
>>
>>77636448
There's a lot of hype with the Cavs and having LeBron James here does attract a lot of attention.

That said, a lot of the Cavs hype is also outside noise. I think it also depends on what your age is. I'm old enough to remember them playing at municipal stadium and remember the 90's Indians. The Indians will always mean more to mean than the Browns and both of those teams will always mean more to me than the Cavs.

It's just right now that the Cavs have been a lot of fun to watch. Especially during the period of time where there is no football and baseball is just starting to pick up.
>>
>>77635883
lol it's not on my short list of go to destinations but there are far bigger shitholes in this country
>>
>>77636448
Cavs are clearly the #3 option in Cleveland, Indians are a clear 2, Browns still run that town even though they are the shittiest run franchise in American sports.

Indians attendence isn't great but it's local tv ratings are among the best in the country.
>>
>>77635859
This. Kinda bored of it desu. Except for the Browns there are worse franchises and even the Browns had high points.
>>
>>77636323
Started watching sports this past month
>>
Excuse me Sir, are you Stipe Miocic?
>>
>>77636323
Cleveland Barons were for some time unironically the best Hockey team of all time though.
>>
File: 10953775_tml.jpg (13KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
10953775_tml.jpg
13KB, 240x240px
>>
>>77639238
>Indians attendence isn't great but it's local tv ratings are among the best in the country
Well if they'd finish their construction downtown and on 77, 90, and 271 then maybe people might actually feel like going downtown more often.

I don't blame the Indians. I blame the city planners and ODOT. Also it's easier to sell out NFL games when there are only 8 or so played at home each year.
>>
>>77635459
I think you're C level and that's it.
>>
File: Hokeypokey.jpg (534KB, 1539x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Hokeypokey.jpg
534KB, 1539x2048px
>>
>>77639207
cleveland isn't a shithole. that's not why people think it's depressing.
>>
>>77635459
they have a racist mascot
>>
the only reason you have a title within the lifetime of your dad is because one of the best bball players ever was born kinda close to da land
>>
>Browns
Need no introduction
>Indians
Haven't won since world war 2
>Cavs
won once in 46 years

yea ok
>>
>>77646376
What does it do? Come alive at night and lynch darkies?
>>
>>77646498

>a FUCKING leaf

kill yourself
>>
>>77635459
spent 2 weeks in Cleveland last month. Not the worst city but I would never want to live there
>>
>>77635459
Browns
even I know that
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.