[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got this qustion from le reddit boxing /sp/ boxing fans Who's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Got this qustion from le reddit boxing

/sp/ boxing fans

Who's a current fighter that you had high expectations for that hasn't met that? They could suck, just be in a hiatus of sort or something.

I gotta go with Lucas Matthysse. This guy should be a huge face for Latin America but probably won't be.
>>
Adrien Broner. I thought he was going to go far, even after his loss against Maidana, but he just turned out to be a sub par fighter.
>>
Matthysse is already done.

Like >>77632939 Broner is the quintessential "what if" of this generation. That Maidana took a lot of wind out of his sails.
>>
>>77632794
Matthysse is a a strange situation. He is a very good fighter, entertaining, who's not good enough to win a world title in a divion stacked with talent. If he was mexican he would be huge, but in Argentina they dont care about boxing.

Besides >>77632939 I'm gonna say Gamboa. So much wasted talent,
>>
>>77633342
yeah this, matthysse is too good for peterson tier fighters but no good anoth for the top guys, it's a shame, I like him

a provodnikov version with defence would have been a good fighter as well
>>
I would have to say demetrius andrade. Would have thought he'd have fought people of more note by now.

Also worth mentioning is the tradgedy of Prichard Colon. I thought that guy was going to be pretty good. The ref, ring doctor and opponent definitely were not completely in the right in that fight.

Also Andre Berto was someone I really thought had the goods in 2007. Never did much though.

I personally never thought Broner was that good. Surprised when he lost to maidana, but always suspected Shawn porter tier fighters would beat him.
>>
Mat Korobov

one of the most decorated amateurs of all time, looked to be a lock for a world title but fell for Andy Lee's meme right hand and hasn't been heard from since
>>
>>77632794
>unironically being a redditor
>unironically being new
Google ask this question in /box/. You'll fit in well with the rest of those faggots
>>
>>77633819

Fuck. I forgot about Prichard for a second.

He was one of my favorite up and coming boxers and I seriously felt he was in line to be a Puerto Rican Oscar De La Hoya of sorts with his good looks and high quality work rate. Damn shame what happened to him.
>>
>>77632794
Tyson Fury, i really hoped he would return.
Now casual will remember Anthony Joshua as the one who ended Klitschko reigns, and Fury as a shit fighter.
>>
Dmitry Pirog

RIP in pieces
>>
>>77632794
I loved watching the Argentinians fight, Matthysse along with Maidana and Martinez. Then they all fucking disappeared.
>>
>>77642402
Can't blame him for retiring after hurting his back.
>>
File: 1497686816417.jpg (87KB, 519x553px) Image search: [Google]
1497686816417.jpg
87KB, 519x553px
>>
>>77644438
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.