[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone see a plausible way that the Dodgers don't win

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2055.png (21KB, 328x328px)
IMG_2055.png
21KB, 328x328px
Does anyone see a plausible way that the Dodgers don't win the WS this year? There's never been a Dodger team this dominant in the regular season before
>>
>>77598090
anything can happen in a 5 or 7 game series, phamalama.
they are known for playing significantly worse in the playoffs, but with how dominant they are, they may still beat everybody even if they regress hard.
It is plausible, but perhaps not as plausible in years past.
>>
>>77598090
They're too busy winning that they havent been taught the heimlich maneuver.
>>
They choke in the playoffs.
>>
File: hou-aboard.png (54KB, 320x300px) Image search: [Google]
hou-aboard.png
54KB, 320x300px
>>77598090
Sup.
>>
dodgers try too hard in the regular season and are gassed for the playoffs.

Ever since they added the WC spot all the smart teams barely squeak in then they go hard IE Giants
>>
>>77598090
Generally, sports teams who dominate the regular season do not win it all. I'd love to see Kershaw get the monkey off his back and win one but don't count your chickens before they hatch, anon. Arizona or Washington stand a great chance of knocking them out.
>>
>>77600357
>Ever since they added the WC spot all the smart teams barely squeak in then they go hard IE Giants
WC teams rarely win
>>
File: nZPbQCu.png (370KB, 328x488px) Image search: [Google]
nZPbQCu.png
370KB, 328x488px
>>77600366
Washington has never ever won a playoff series. Az might be decent.

Kershaws main weakness in the playoffs were stupid managers letting him stay in too long and not yanking him when he walks two guys in a row
>>
>>77600739
AZ has played LA extremely close all year. I'd love to see them in the NLDS; it would be a great series. You're right about Washington but they had a garbage manager for most of their recent good years and were injured as fuck last season with Dusty.
>>
Playoff memes. You never know.
>>
>>77600739
LA mentally owns the rest of the NL West

Washington is a choke artist team
And the NL Central is awful this year

It's the Dodgers year to lose
>>
>>77600438
WC teams win it just as often as division winners
>>
>>77598090
Dodgers are basically the Bengals
>>
>>77601170
t. Increasingly nervous Dodger hater
>>
>>77600860
>injured as fuck last season with Dusty
don't act like Dusty's got a particular good postseason track record either.
>>
>>77601170
as a bungholes fan, i'm not sure about that one.
The dodgers have always had talented because they've been bankrolled like crazy, but they've always somewhat underperformed until now.
and I don't think i've ever seen the dodgers lose a playoff game like cincy lost to pittsburgh a year and a half ago.
>>
>>77601146
>WC teams win it just as often as division winners
A WC team has won the WS 6 times since 1994.
>>
>>77603068
I think you took what he wrote too literally. They've won 6/22 world series and considering they're only 1/4 of the teams they are slightly better than division teams as a whole.

The team with the best record in the MLB has only won 5. Considering they're obviously only 1/8 of the teams double it to 10 for the same comparison. The team with the best record isn't even twice as likely to win as a wild card team.

Playoffs are a joke in their present state compared to how many regular season games there are.
>>
File: index.jpg (6KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6KB, 219x230px
>>77598090
When Kuckshaw has to face the Cusb in the playoffs who he can never beat.
also
>rich hill
>darvish
>wood
good
>mfw
>>
>>77598090
I think seeing us lose means more to MLB fans than seeing other teams win.

The whole point of this season is to see how far the Dodgers go. How pathetic.
>>
>>77603520
That's a dumb fucking way to look at it.
A team entering the wild card has a lower chance of winning than a team entering as a division winner. That's what the discussion is about and that's how you should evaluate his retarded comment.
>>
>>77601681
was that the once where cincy had it won but they players started freaking out and got punished
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.