[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Aussie rules football the closest thing to a pure ball game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 0.jpg (3MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
3MB, 3072x2304px
Is Aussie rules football the closest thing to a pure ball game (i.e. the one with the fewest arbitrary rules and limitations, like how UFC is the closest thing to pure combat)?
>>
the sound of the ref blowing his whistle every 2 seconds for a mark drives me up the wall tbqh
>>
Ref makes some bullshit calls. But it's still better than any game with Offside
>>
Its calvinball IRL and its glorious
>>
>>77594878
How the hell do kids play this game on their neighbourhood?
>>
>>77595979
australia is a big country with lots of empty space
we have large parks everywhere
>>
>>77595979
We tended just to kick the ball around or play mini games where you had to pass the a single goal
>>
>>77595020
Offsides are used in football to stop teams from putting 6 players upfront and just hoofing the ball 90 yards.
>>
>>77594878
Yes. If you read about the origins of the game, they would play with dozens of players on gigantic pitches. Pure ball game like you said. Not like that any more but it's still very free flowing compared to other sports
>>
File: Calcio_Storico_partita_1.jpg (452KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Calcio_Storico_partita_1.jpg
452KB, 1200x800px
Nah, calcio storico is what you're thinking of OP. It's literally a team brawl with goals.
>>
>>77596535
Yeah but thats a special cultural thing, not a professional sports league
>>
>>77596555

professional? league? sounds like a bunch of arbitrary rules and limitations to me :^)
>>
>>77594878
>the one with the fewest arbitrary rules and limitations
Lol what

You literally can't take a step when you catch the ball, how is that not a limitation? GAA is much more free
>>
File: 1492882952482.jpg (902KB, 1300x1733px) Image search: [Google]
1492882952482.jpg
902KB, 1300x1733px
>>77596755
>You literally can't take a step
>what is playing on
You can do literally whatever you want with the ball except throw it
>>
>>77597035
>You can do literally whatever you want with the ball except throw it

As you can in GAA, including punching a bouncing ball to score a goal

I guess I was just watching a game with lots of marks being called, but the ability to call a mark inherently limits the game more than GAA
>>
>>77597402
Not at all, the mark only hinders the opposition. you can either take a kick from the mark or play on, it's up to you
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.