[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it about this guy that brings out the worst casuals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 17

File: faggot.jpg (138KB, 960x641px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
138KB, 960x641px
What is it about this guy that brings out the worst casuals in fighting?
>>
File: fight.jpg (66KB, 847x434px)
fight.jpg
66KB, 847x434px
he FIGHTS and he WINS
>>
They're fans of his persona and mandrama, not really the sport of fighting.
>>
MMA is mostly JUST BLEED casuals who like mandrama. Connor is entertaining as fuck cause 99% of people who talk like him get destroyed.
>>
>>77587923
thinking he's not one of the best fighters on this planet is a pretty >casual stance
>>
Lmao at these casual MMA hipsters who hate on McGregor just to show that they're not casuals

NECK YOURSELF
>>
>>77590038
2 legit fights in 2 years
0 title defenses

I'm happy for him that he's making himself money, but he's got 9 or 10 title defenses to go before he can even be considered as one of the best.
>>
dude is larger than life
>>
>>77590064

yes

lets defend the 145 belt against frankie, maybe he'll win on his 3rd shot and he just won the 155 belt, would you rather fight tony/khabib for floyd for 100m?

I get defenses matter in terms of goat legacy, but just based of performances its silly to deny Conor's talent
>>
File: marks everywhere.jpg (108KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
marks everywhere.jpg
108KB, 1200x630px
>>77587923
can't wait for the look on McGregor fags faces when the Rock's music hits and he delivers a people's elbow before challenging an unconscious Connor to put his belt on teh line at No Mercy!
>>
File: 1500090188881.jpg (155KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1500090188881.jpg
155KB, 1024x683px
You're witnessing history lad. Conor McGregor will be compared to Muhammad Ali and Bruce Lee when is all set and done. In 40 yrs kids will wear shirts with his face on it to look cool.
>>
>white
>is 5'9"

whoa
>>
>>77590090
that's what's so frustrating, he's a good fighter who keeps on fucking around with novelty fights and shit.
maybe he retires after Mayweather, but if not, and he wants a legacy, he's got a lot of work to do.
>>
>>77590155
In what way was the Alvarez fight a novelty fight? In what way was the Diaz fight a novelty fight?

Do you honestly think going up in weight and beating world champion isn't harder than defending your belt in a division you've dominated? He's always down to take challenging fights
>>
>>77590155
yeah I really like watching him fight and I wish he'd participate in more interesting matchups but w/e
I can't fault anyone whos risking their health/lives to chase money
>>
>>77587923
Hey Paulie, didn't know you posted here. Sorry about your concussion, why don't you try posting the generals next time eh buddy? Afterthoughts like you don't need to be soaking up all this attention.
>>
>>77587923
Like you?

99% of Conor haters are herd followers who dont know SHIT about boxing or fighting.

Conor haters are regurgitators. Parrots. Sheep people who listen to the majority. People who don't think for themselves. Observers with no imagination. Non-visionaries.
>>
>>77590196
>Two champions with 0 title defenses
>Anything but a novelty
>>
>He's a great white hope
>>
>>77590155
His legacy is already set in stone. If he retired after beating floyd no one would ever doubt he's the f00king GOAT

Yeah it would be cool if he defended the belt, but lets be honest...he'd HEEM most people 145-155
>>
>>77590423
He's a potato
>>
>>77590393
(Tip)
>>
>>77587923
He is charismatic, funny and good looking, easy to root for.
>>
>>77590196
>In what way was the Diaz fight a novelty fight?
How was this not a novelty fight?
There was no reason for them to fight.
There was no reason for Jesse Owens to race a horse.
No reason for Michael Phelps to race a fake shark.
Conor "going up" a class is an interesting way of seeing it. Most people just called it cutting less weight.
>>
I think everyone just wants to see Mayweather get his ass beat.

Happened with MayPaq, and it's happening now, casuals come flying out to watch the next Hand of Justice get schooled by Floyd.

I hate Floyd too, but this ain't a fucking Nicholas Sparks novel.
>>
>>77590835
He wasn't exactly cutting weight to get to 170, he barely made 170 in the weigh ins and in his interviews he said he was stuffing his face to get to 168. If Diaz didn't act like a sour bitch and cried for it getting paid as much as Conor, the fight wouldn't have happened, it made no sense. But it was a damn good fight to sell.
>>
>>77587923
The repeated use of the word "fuck" because it's edgy
>>
Can someone post all his meme movement webms
>>
>>77590793
>Conor McGregor
>Good looking

pick one.
>>
>>77590393

truth

>haha no way he beats Aldo stupid casual
>he won't win the LW title casual

Reminder /sp/ are the real casuals
>>
File: Conor_McGregor1.jpg (567KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Conor_McGregor1.jpg
567KB, 1024x768px
>>77591129
For someone who fights for a living he certainly looks good enough.
>>
>>77590835
>How was this not a novelty fight?
In the first one? It was an opponent that called Conor out and it happened because Dos Anjos pulled out. They had to find him someone to fight after no one came forward they went with Nate.

The second fight was to avenge a loss. Again not really a novelty fight because it needed to happen.

Conor is now fighting Floyd Mayweather arguably the greatest boxer of his generation and is undefeated. He's taking an even greater challenge than simply just defending his belt and he thinks he can win as opposed to just doing it for the money.

Like Conor said. He'll be back to MMA soon and he will defend and when he successfully defends there will be no more excuses. Conor will be growned King. Also it's 2017 stop with the bullshit. Conor is a true fighter and he isn't scared to face anybody especially defendin a featherweight belt which is a division which he fucking dominated. He beat the fucking GOAT featherweight in 13 seconds what more do you fucking want him to do in that division? At this point I wouldn't even be suprised if he goes up to 170 and steals Woodley's belt. That's how good he is.
>>
>>77587923
He's white.
>>
>>77591544
Go back to Uganda
>>
>>77591439
Is Dana white on 4chan????
>>
File: i can beat him with 1 hand.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
i can beat him with 1 hand.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>
if mcgregor wasn't white would he have gotten a shot at mayweather with his boxing record?
>>
>>77587923
Manletdrama
>>
Most MMA fans are either old burnt out WWE fans or closet WWE fans.
>>
File: joanna punches dana.jpg (194KB, 648x500px) Image search: [Google]
joanna punches dana.jpg
194KB, 648x500px
>>77590196
If fighters in the past were given as much special treatment as McGregor, there would've been a two-division champ a long time ago.

He was allowed to hold the featherweight title for a year without defending it despite no injuries. That would've never happened before.

There was no need for a rematch with Diaz immediately because Diaz won the first fight dominantly. The way things used to be run, Diaz would've gotten the shot instead and McGregor would have to defend at FW and earn his next LW title shot.

McGregor is literally no different from a one division champion who defended their belt once. People who think he is a GOAT are prime examples of casuals and newfags. After the Mayweather fight if he defends against the Kabib and Tony than it'd be an impressive start but he will probably retire afterwards and Dana even expects him to, so it's retarded that 99% of the UFC's promotion money is going to someone that probably won't fight for the UFC again.
>>
>>77595029
ain't about his skin colour, puto. it's the fact that he's a fucking charismatic lunatic with a hefty amount of bloodlust. that's where most of his fanbase comes from...
>>
>>77595389
fuck the UFC, I want PRIDE back
>>
>>77590064

You're thinking too small, why defend the belt for 5-10 years like say DJ/jbj only to have people say you're the best while complaining about "shallow division" or blame it on "size advantage" even though both men have to make the same weight? He skipped to the front of the line by taking the 145 belt and instead of defending it moving up to 155 and taking that belt as well and as much as it butt pains some people he's in goat contention because he's smart idk why "Le ebin hardcore fans" hate on him
>>
>>77595752
he skipped the line because he's cool? meh. might as well watch reality tv.
>>
>>77587923
He's actually an exciting fighter and he knows how to trash talk and promote himself.
>>
>>77595005
who the fuck is that scrub he's fighting here? He looks like an amateur, I mean what the fuck was that raised elbow shit with his hands down? He didn't even raise it enough to cover any of his face, he just had his hands down with no advantage.
>>
>>77595752
It's partly because he's white. They know they can market the fight to racists. He only got the fight because it was highly marketable.
>>
>>77595029
We all know McGregor's rise wouldn't have been possible if the UFC President wasn't a muh heritage Irish-American.
>>
>>77590101
/thread
>>
>>77591129
He's better looking than all of his opponents at least.
Except maybe Poirer with hair
>>
>>77590095
Back to /asp/ fatass
>>
The guy was already fucked in that clip, bit pointless to show it form then on, fight would have already been stopped at that point.
>>
File: GOATs.jpg (84KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
GOATs.jpg
84KB, 1600x900px
>>77597283
almost as good as The Rattlesnake
>>
>>77590393
Im hating on his fans which are filthy casuals, you're mistaking that for hating on mcgregor I think he's talented but most of his fans are complete faggots who don't even know the names of his opponents
>>
>>77587923
He is white
>>
File: boxing.jpg (36KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
boxing.jpg
36KB, 300x240px
Paulie was supposed toy with McGregor in sparring.

Help me out here, /box/.
>>
>>77601959
It's called trash talking. Mcgregor did a ton of it prior to fighting Diaz and should have lost both fights.
>>
>>77597283
>>77600255
This desu I have no interest in boxing or MMA but I saw a clip of McGregor and Mayweather shit talking each other and it reminded me of WWE back in the day with Stone Cold and The Rock and so since then I have started following it and annoying boxing and MMA fans with my completely uneducated opinion.
>>
File: 1500948993871.jpg (27KB, 489x498px) Image search: [Google]
1500948993871.jpg
27KB, 489x498px
>>77602898
>McGregor should've lost his second Diaz fight
>>
>>77603049
Did you even watch that fight? You don't get extra points for knocking people down in MMA (it's not like boxing) It was extremely close until the very end and Conor was literally running away for the second half of the fight to the point he was getting booed.
>>
>>77597480
That's Paulie Malinaggi, a professional boxer
>>
>>77603090
knockdowns actually do factor in MMA scoring, what the hell are you talking about kek
>>
>>77587923

He's a degenerate so relatable to most casuals.
>>
It's not that he brought out existing casuals. He brought in new casuals who weren't MMA fans before 1-2 years ago
>>
>>77601959

Paulie retired to gorge himself on pizza and pasta 6 months ago, probably thought he could go in out of shape and school Conor but gassed and got caught by a couple of his spastic flurries
>>
>>77590393
>99% of Conor haters are herd followers who dont know SHIT about boxing or fighting.
Same thing is true of people who love him
>>
>>77603119
You do not lose a point for getting knocked down. Learn how to read you dumb faggot, I never said judges don't take it into account I said points are not rewarded or taken away for them.
>>
>>77604069
Brainwashed mcgoobfan spotted.
>>
>>77603090
Was definitely 48-47, and there were no 10-8 rounds.

Fight shouldn't have happened in the first place though and Dana did everything in his power to help Conor win, which the UFC never did for a fighter before.
>>
>>77604188
>Fight shouldn't have happened in the first place though

Why not? It was a great fight.

>Dana did everything in his power to help Conor win

What?
>>
>>77602951
2bh, they're mugs for not getting WWE involved too. Would add an additional $100 million or something

>Biggest UFC guy vs Biggest Boxer in a Hell in a Cell
>>
>>77604766
>Why not?
Nate won the first fight decisively. There was no need for a rematch. Dana was blatantly saying Nate wasn't supposed to win.

>What?
Dana let Conor skip all press and promo related things so he could focus on training. He never did this for any fighter before. Only obvious case where Dana tried to help one UFC fighter beat another.
>>
>>77605502
>Dana let Conor skip all press and promo related things
you're forgetting the part where it was conor who refused to do a press conference and the rematch got delayed and dana was unhappy. fucking casual get your facts right
>>
>>77597480
That's called philly shell defense. Except he's exhausted
>>
File: header.jpg (93KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
93KB, 600x400px
He got choked out by a vegan stoner cholo with no muscle mass. Someone post the webm please. He's a good fighter, but he's beatable.

Bones Jones by comparison won the belt at 23, beat every top contendor and legend, has never lost a fight and for some reason he's not as famous goober mctapp
>>
>>77606231
>has never lost a fight
Yes he has. He lost once when he tried to literally murder Matt Hamill and then again when Gus tore him up.
>>
>>77606395
For sure matt hamill was delivering some powerful headbutts to Jon's elbow my guy.
>>
File: diaz btfo.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
diaz btfo.webm
3MB, 720x480px
>>77606231
>>
>>77606492
Kek, if you break the rules, then you lose the fight. It's that fucking simple, you subhuman.
>>
>>77606231
Dan Henderson beat him at UFC 151
>>
>>77606609
Bones vs Dan was cancelled
>>
>>77605502
>Nate won the first fight decisively. There was no need for a rematch.

There was huge interest in a rematch and that's reason enough.
>>
>>77606104
Paulie last fought in April

Colin last fought last year

Paulie had no excuse for being 'tired'
>>
>>77587923
OMG look how solid the king looks. Good night Floyd you midget, should have retired with your zero.
>>
>>77606705
>>77606609
bones subbed hendo at sug
>>
>>77587923
people like shitposting
>>
>>77590680
>Yeah it would be cool if he defended the belt, but lets be honest...he'd HEEM most people 145-155
until he wouldn't, and that's the point.
people said the exact same shit about Honda.
gsp lost to serra.
the sure thing sometimes loses, that's sports.
MMA is a sport and these's a structure to it - you fight your way to the top of the heap and then you prove you're still the best by fending off all comers.
We can't just say "Fighter X is the best, he never needs to be challenged again".
>>
irish are worse than niggers and his fans show it
>>
File: wallpaper 32.jpg (674KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper 32.jpg
674KB, 1024x1024px
>>77591439
>The second fight was to avenge a loss. Again not really a novelty fight because it needed to happen.
Conor promised Aldo a rematch, right in the ring, in front of the cameras. That needed to happen, and made sense. The second Diaz fight didn't need to happen. It was a money fight.
And the Dos Anjos fight was a legit fight until it involved someone outside of the division. It was turned into a novelty fight.

>He's taking an even greater challenge than simply just defending his belt and he thinks he can win as opposed to just doing it for the money.
Thinks he can win. So what? It's a meaningless fight. It's not just someone from a smaller division, it's someone from a different sport. It's the definition of a novelty fight.

>>77591439
>slurp slurp slurp He beat the fucking GOAT featherweight in 13 seconds what more do you fucking want him to do in that division? At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if he goes up to 170 and steals Woodley's belt. slurp slurp slurp
Woodley? lol. He barely made it out of the ring with gatekeeper Diaz.
And yeah, he beat Aldo in 13 secs...and then avoided a promised rematch to preserve the idea that all Goobs needs is 13 seconds to beat him. You know perfectly well that fight was as fluke - not a fluke that Conor won, a fluke that it took 13 seconds. A rematch (before Aldo was deleted) would have been a completely different fight. Conor might still have won, but not in 13 seconds or one round.
>>
>>77587923
I think it's more about elitists hating him because he's mainstream
>>
Are they truly any worse than the entire beaners-of-asia colony that will argue manny pacyow won a fight in which he was KO'd and dead on the mat?
>>
>>77597882

Oh yeah, he's a regular Keanu Reeves: >>77590064
>>
>>77609878
Alright
>>
>>77607086
why not one more then?
>>
>>77597527
And even better they can schedule a fight that they know the whiteboy is gonna lose, so they get good boy points from the deep government
>>
>>77587923
He represents how they wished they were.
>>
>>77609797
Aldo is the one who dodged the rematch, not Goobs
>>
>>77601959
You saw 10-20 seconds of a 12 round sparring session.
>>
>>77606104

has Paulie ever used a Philly shell before?
>>
>>77611366

We also saw Paulie's face afterwards kek

Paulie pizza-face Malignaggi
Paulie I-didn't-sign-up-to-get-beaten-up Malignaggi
>>
>>77590101
kek. Most people have no idea who the fuck he is, and those who are currently aware of him will forget his face and name within a few years. He's a nobody masquerading as a somebody, and they always get forgotten
>>
>>77615190
Most people don't know who Messi is either, lad. McGregor is the biggest name in MMA for a few years now and his status will only rise further with the Mayweather fight. There's a serious smell of jealousy and begrudgery off your post.
>>
>>77615190
Why do you hate successful people so badly?
>>
>>77615563
>McGregor is the biggest name in MMA for a few years now
fair play to him but so what? That doesn't mean he's about to join the pantheon of elite sportsmen. It just means he's a good MMA fighter
>his status will only rise further with the Mayweather fight
you realise nobody is taking this seriously, right? Even the normies where I work couldn't give a fuck, and recognise it for what it is
>there's a serious smell of jealousy and begrudgery off your post
kek, I don't begrudge him any of his fame or fortune. Fair play to him. I begrudge being told that he's about to become some kind of eternal legend based on a bollocks intra-sport fight that nobody apart from the absolute barrel scrapers care about
>>
Only the seething toothless simpleton Brits and the fat cunt Americans hate Connor because he's the most talented sportsman in the world. Its sheer jelousy
>>
>>77615690
It'll beat Mayweather Pac numbers. So unless you consider Floyd to also not be a global star athlete and you believe those watching boxing are barrel scrapers, you're just contradicting yourself.

There's been huge media interest in this fight and it will likely bring in more money than any fight in history. There's lots of interest and McGregor is a well known athlete around the globe.
>>
Connor doesn't have the cardio for a stand up boxing match. Videos of him hitting the heavy bag relatively slowly and running out of breath in 4 seconds tell you all you need to know.

Literally his only hope is that he can land one of his slow ass punches in round one and KO Floyd. He won't have the cardio to make it to later rounds and he'd seriously risk getting KO'd by Floyd. Barring that, it's most likely Floyd will win via a huge point gap because he will literally just jab the guy senseless while Connor walks around heaving and not landing any hits.
>>
anyone who watches UFC has also probably thought about sucking cock
>>
>>77611489
Not really.

>>77608818
Paulie retired after that fight and was knocked out by Sam Eggington of all people.
>>
>>77615113
Open head gear and getting punched marks you up.

>>77616697
>Connor doesn't have the cardio for a stand up boxing match.

I wonder why, I thought MMA would be more cardio intensive.
But maybe MMA fighters train for more intensity so they can end fights quicker.

>Videos of him hitting the heavy bag relatively slowly and running out of breath in 4 seconds tell you all you need to know.

Or maybe he's already seriously affected by the weight cut, I guess there's a reason why MMA fighters tend to cut more weight than boxers.

For some reason I'm still a bit worried, but maybe that's Floyd's magic that he's good at selling a fight.

Shame Dana won't release more sparring footage.
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.