[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>been in England for 3 years >still can't speak English

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 241
Thread images: 22

File: IMG_1440.jpg (3MB, 5568x3712px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1440.jpg
3MB, 5568x3712px
>been in England for 3 years
>still can't speak English
What are some other examples of this?
I'm pretty sure Bale doesn't know a lick of Spanish.
>>
Bale speaks a bit of Spanish but he's not confident speaking it.

Pretty sure Aguero's English is terrible.
>>
Really? How embarrassing.

I thought all Euro leagues were like Serie A and Bundesliga in that they offer fast language immersion courses to newly bought foreign players. Doesn't the PL do the same or does Sanchez simply forgo all of them.
>>
>>77559642
he does speak a bit of spanish,but it isn't very good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug7QWeBxraI
>>
>>77559594
>listen to de la morena every night
>ojeda is his idol
>>
Why are Portuguese and Brazilians never able to speak English when Spaniards can? Pretty much every hue mma fighter speaks through a translator and even Neymar, who nike market intensely in America speaks very basic English with a strong accent. The only real exception I've seen is Cristiano, but he played over here for long enough. Do the money genes make them more stupid?
>>
>>77559642
There are Spanish speaking players in almost every top tier team. So when someone from Spain or South America is transferred there they don't really struggle to adjust. Their team mates just translate shit into Spanish for them.
>>
>>77559666
i meant english hah
>>
>>77559685
Oh.

But still, If i moved to a new place and was getting that much money, i'd definitely pull a Guardiola and spend 4 weeks intensely studying the language and even developing a local accent just to better operate in that country.
>>
>>77559672
Portuguese usually speak it better than Spanish players, I thought?

I think a lot of Spanish players learn English though because they know there's a good chance they could end up in England.
>>
>>77559553
>been in a spanish speaking country for almost 25 years
>still can't speak spanish

this guy is a true retarded. many players are, but he's a different league
>>
>>77559672
Almost every portuguese speak english, they dont translate movies or tv shows and that helps a lot.
>>
Ichiro Suzuki, who has been in MLB for well over a decade, still uses a translator. Fuckin gook
>>
also found this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSDYh95E73M
it's not good but i expected less desu
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zpjFHR3BLc
>>
>>77559553
it's really tedious to become conversational in english
i avoid speaking it at all cost, lol
other languages are more fun to use
>>
wenger has lived in england since the 90s
>>
>>77559672
Dunno, I've seen a few Prem Brazilians speaking English in interviews but they just aren't very confident.

Only one who comes across as properly fluent is Fernandinho.
>>
>>77559877
He has a thick accent but he's very fluent
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFTPAabsbak
>>
>>77559737
what do you mean he doesn't speak spanish?

what the fuck does he speak then?
>>
>>77559754
>>
don't refs in international and european games all speak english whatever the teams? do south americans just not give a shit?
>>
>>77559672
>brainlets can't speak a foreign language
nice sample you got there la
>>
>>77559594
Don't think Aguero speaks any english at all.
>>
>>77559672
i think it is because PT-BR has a lot of local words and modern slang, so if you can't talk proper portuguese and express yourself in your native language it will be pretty hard to understand a foreign one.
>>
>>77559672
Coutinho speaks ok english.
>>
>>77559797
>>77560445
Tevez can't even speak portuguese
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u4kxDzcoSE
>>
File: sioux-featured-slider.jpg (89KB, 650x390px) Image search: [Google]
sioux-featured-slider.jpg
89KB, 650x390px
>lived in america for 400+ years
>still cant speak sioux
>>
>>77559877
Yeah, and he's perfectly fluent. He never really has any problems finding the right words, he just has a very strong accent. Are you trying to tell me you don't sound anything at all like Petter Solberg when you try to speak english with foreigners?
>>
Portugese people speaking English sound Russian

Africans have the worst accent for English. just utterly incomprehensible, even Nigerians.

in Europe Italians probably have the worst English. Ranieri, Zola and Conte don't speak brilliant English.

The Dutch, Belgians and Nordics have the best English in Europe, obviously,

[/blog]
>>
>>77562855

whitey BTFO
>>
>>77560046
Fernandinho has that work ethic like Kompany
>>
>>77559553
valencia apparently doesn't speak a word of english
he's been in england since 2008
>>
>>77562898
He's fluent but his sentence structure is slightly off still.
>>
>>77560046
Willian's English is surprisingly decent.
>>
>>77562981
Well, sure. 100% correct grammar is almost impossible to achieve as adult learning a new language.
>>
lol then you hear some players who have never played here and you wonder how they learnt it so well.

Players like:

>Buffon
>Kaka
>Brazil Ronaldo
>Maldini
>Figo

etc
>>
>>77559672
JDS speaks English.

Why would most of them even bother though? Just give me a valid reason. The fluency required to shittalk opponents effectively takes a freaking decade of classes or complete immersion.

>Neymar
he doesn't fucking live in England or the U.S. you retard, why would he speak English

>monolingual fag bitches about other people's monolinguism
>>
>>77562981
Yeah he phrases things oddly and still says nonsense like "he has little bit" etc.

To be fair he can competently speak like five other languages though.
>>
>>77560046
Ronaldo Fenomeno speaks fluent English (because business in America), Spanish and Italian. He attended journalists from all over the world in his press conferences during the 2014 World Cup.
>>
Now lets look at foreigners with English accents

Jan 'Scouse' Molby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6g1OBQ3kWs

Jeremie 'London rudeboy drugdealer' Aliadiere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sepBXYEjO6A
>>
>>77563033
rate this guy speaking english
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoxA9ghHkOM
>>
>>77563080
because it's the main language of the world. all of the best art and entertainment in the world is based on it.

not being fluent in english cuts off a massive potential revenue stream. it makes his brand less desirable to advertisers throughout the world.

could you seriously not think of that? fucking moron, kek.
>>
>>77563110
Peter Lovenkrands has a Scottish accent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1fwuaorvhI
>>
>>77563150
are mma fighters selling shoes or something? I never see anyone doing advertising unless it's Anderson Silva or Ronda-tier of popularity. Never seen Aldo in an ad here in over 5 years of reign. These guys will have their faces plastered on a bus at most.
>>
>>77563150
Messi doesn't speak a word of English though and does just fine.
>>
>>77560545
mapuche
>>
>>77563230
It's marketing potential is still reduced though.

He only advertising sports things or things related to fitness / his ability.

If he spoke english he could feature in a lot more ads. Especially in America.
>>
>>77563230
he does fine because he's the best player in the most popular sport. you still don't see him that much in advertisements over here, you see ronaldo a lot more.
>>
>>77563273
That's more so to do with his looks than speaking English though.

Lol Ronaldo never gets asked to speak much in his commercials.
>>
>>77563150
The only cultural value of English is its use in the majority of hentai translations.
>>
>>77563286
Yet Rooney has been the face of English football for 2 decades.
>>
I've been in South Africa my whole life and I only speak English
>>
>>77563286
>Lol Ronaldo never gets asked to speak much in his commercials.

what are you on about? his most common tv ad has him speaking in it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1rMSl23_XE
>>
File: median-of-languages.jpg (175KB, 650x607px) Image search: [Google]
median-of-languages.jpg
175KB, 650x607px
If you're from the Anglo or Latino sphere chances are you don't speak any other language than your own i.e. you are a fucking moron or a lazy cunt.
>>
>>77559594
spanish is embarrassingly easy to learn desu. future and past might be a bitch but basic interview questions should be pretty easy if a player is there longer than a few months
>>
>>77559807
krautchan please leave
>>
>>77560545
he struggles to chain more than 3 consecutive words, can barely understand it. totally retarded.

the day he gave his first interview in barcelona he looked like some sort of autist
>>
>>77559672
>portuguese
? Why are you mixing us with HUEHUE's, what is your sample?
>>
>>77563327
What is the point unless you move abroad or have a career involving language
>>
>>77563327
Greece surprises me.
And Czech Rep in a negative way.
>>
>>77563080
>The fluency required to shittalk opponents effectively takes a freaking decade of classes or complete immersion.
do you have a learning disability?
>>
File: small-brain.jpg (50KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
small-brain.jpg
50KB, 400x500px
>>77563352
What is the point in learning things gee I don't fucking know.
>>
Have any of you not realized why Mourinho is liked?
>>
>>77563356
t. monolingual retard
>>
>>77563339
Chile's national language is Spanish though....

Is he genuinely stupid?
>>
>>77560545
Latin american spanish is much different than Spain especially argentina cuba and some chile

I live in Miami
>>
>>77563358
Mourinho's English is okay, not great considering he was a translator and been in the UK awhile.
>>
>>77563357
>learning things
>learning a language you will rarely if ever use

These are two different things
>>
>>77563142
can't beat the power of love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w-aqGWIPf8

>>77563367
totally stupid

>>77563378
mourinhos english is pathetic, he's been living there more than 10 years
>>
>>77562964
>shit player
>cant speak with him to make him better

hed be the first transfer out
>>
>>77563387
Who said you don't use it? You travel, you write, you read fucking Italian and/or German literature that's a million times better than your barbaric simple language, the list goes fucking on. But I guess you just don't understand such a concept.
>>
>>77563303
Because English football has not produced anything better in the last half century
>>
>>77563327
why would i want to learn any of your shit languages? name one reason why i should? all the best media art and entertainment is already in english.

also if you think people in a certain country western country are any lazier or less intelliegnt than another western country you're a fucking moron. people are the same world over.
>>
>>77563033
i know Sao Paulo and Rio clubs have started teaching english for the last decade or 2 and the schools there do the same
>>
>>77563428
they learn "the book is on the table"-tier English
>>
>>77563110
proper scouse needs subtitles but hes very close
>>
File: inferno.jpg (136KB, 969x618px) Image search: [Google]
inferno.jpg
136KB, 969x618px
>>77563423
see
>>77563413

There's plenty of reasons.

>the best media art and entertainment
lol. Translations are shit. Your simple language could never express in a way Italian, German or Czech or whatever the fuck language can. I do realize however you morons probably don't even participate in art. You watch fucking sports for Christ's sake.
>>
>not knowing one language from every major family so you can pick up scraps of every language
except finno-ugric
fuck those idiots
>>
>>77563413
Travel where, the Amazon rainforest? You can get by just fine most places on the planet speaking English. Equally I can read translated foreign literature if I wanted to.

I don't think you understand the concept of dedicating your time to something worthwhile.
>>
>>77563423
how do you know that the best media, art and entertainment is in english if you cant speak another language?
>>
File: yaya-toure_1_2.jpg (71KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
yaya-toure_1_2.jpg
71KB, 768x432px
literally goat tier about that, learns every language from the city he's playing and use them years later. he still gives interviews in catalan
>>
>>77563423
>people are the same world over.
haha, that fucking statement
>>
>>77563459
>english
>simple language

you can do better
>>
what's the best way to learn a language on your own?

is duolingo a meme or not?
>>
>>77559594
Aguero actually isn't too bad
>>
>>77563471
>translations
lol

>something worthwhile
You are currently on 4chan, on a fucking sports board for that matter. I don't think you give a shit about doing something worthwhile your time, whatever that even means in your head.

Intelligent people speak several languages, have several skills and virtues and so on almost always, why don't you?
>>
>>77563475
because if it was any fucking good it would have been translated by now
>>
>>77563499
*recently I should add. He's improved a lot in the last year
>>
>>77563490
it is, denying that would be stupid in a board full of non-natives speaking it
>>
>>77563500
>Intelligent people speak several languages

No correlation between intelligence and multilingualism whatsoever. Stop talking shite.
>>
>>77563448
melhor que nada
>>
>>77563490
Yes but you can't.

The English language is piss poor simple and arbitrary.

>>77563496
Duolingo is a bit of a meme but it's okay if you start from nothing, you can learn a few words here and there but the best way is to just engage with people (classes for starters) and then move onto literature I guess.
>>
>>77563496
get someone to teach it to you. itaki or something. i can recommend memrise as well.
check the langfocus channel, bit of a meme but i like it.
>>
I lived in Austria for two years and I picked up minimal German. I really struggled and when people conversed with me they just switched to English.
>>
>>77563539
no worries la, most people struggle with people speaking bavarian german, even i do sometimes.
>>
>>77563512

you're not speaking it, you're writing in it. people who emigrated to the UK decades ago still can't speak english fluently
>>
>>77563539
That's normal. Austrians speak a very odd German dialect though. Much different than Hochdeutsch (High/Standard German?).
>>
File: IMG_1441.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1441.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
I'm still surprised at how terrible Van Gaal's grasp of English was when he was at Man U. I thought all Dutch people were semi-fluent in English.
>>
>>77563553
I did live in Vorarlberg, but I can't see why it would have made any difference as I had never attempted before.

It was insanely difficult, really. I could mimic phrases but at conversation level my head just went to pieces. I've never had a trouble grasping anything, but a second language is something that will probably elude me for good.

Thankfully, the people were lovely and very patient with me.
>>
>>77563576
where'd the goalposts go
>>
>>77563576
that's bullshit and you know it. nobody speaks a language fluently after learning it being an adult, that means nothing.

im writing it only because we are in 4chan, in real life obviously i speak it. I have an accen of course, but you can go much much deeper than most languages with the basic stuff.
>>
speaking a second language is a bitch.
I could listen, read, and write English fluently for several years while my brain would still go blank when I had to talk. Got over it eventually. I'm sure many of these players can understand exactly what's being asked but can't express themselves.
>>
>>77559685
t. Clueless
>>
>>77559553
>What are some other examples of this?

pretty much every US basketball players not playing in the USA
>>
>>77563580
Considering I didn't speak a word before I arrived, why would that matter?

My employer paid for classes. The job was in English, obviously, but I felt I had to give it a go. Every day I tried for two years and about 20 hours of studying a week, and I couldn't hold a dialogue of more than three sentences.
>>
>>77563661
Is it weird that when I hear Portuguese people talking I think of Spanish chavs but when I hear Brazilian Portuguese it sounds a thousand times better?
>>
>>77563628
>nobody speaks a language fluently after learning it being an adult
no adult speaks a language fluently after learning
>im writing it
writing in it
>we are in 4chan
we are on 4chan
>in real life obviously i speak it
obviously in real life I speak it

for a supposed simple language you're pretty terrible at it.
>>
>>77563496
Duolingo is a good start but on its own you obviously can't learn shit. I suggest starting off with getting a book for beginners, use things like duolingo and rosetta stone. All this are great for beginners but once you reach a certain level you just have to go out there and practice your ass off with people who speak those languages.
>>
>>77563714
No. Brazilian Portuguese is simply better, we don't omit vowels like they do.
>>
>>77559553

Rooney been living in England for years and can barely string a sentence together
>>
>>77563162
>>77563110

Scandi's seem to pick up accents pretty easily for some reason. I know Solksjaer was here for years, but he's got a pretty pronounced Manc accent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZm2HJakmzg

I was at university with some guy I assumed was Scottish, but turned out was Norweigan. He'd only spent a couple of years in Scotland when he was a kid.
>>
>>77563496

italki is the one

I've been learning Japanese on it

チングチャンぐチョンぐ :)
>>
>>77559553
Every English footballer abroad; they're thicker than pig shit and have enough trouble walking and talking at the same time
>>
File: angery.jpg (66KB, 750x747px) Image search: [Google]
angery.jpg
66KB, 750x747px
>>77563757
Traditional Portuguese sounds like Russian, which drives my Portuguese friend crazy because people think he is a dirty squatting slav
>>
>>77563757
this. dated both. portugal girl sounded half retarded. then again i hear Brazil more
>>
>>77563327
You'd think more countries would speak Italian, what with it being the genesis of the Romance/Latin languages? There's a lot of phonemes across nearby languages but very few adopting the language across borders like French or German
>>
>>77563886
>Italian Empire
lel
>>
>>77559712

LOL no you wouldn't you'd take the 10 million and make others translate shit for you. It's their job to kick a ball not to learn a language, for the manager it's different
>>
>>77563553
Try learning German in Liechtenstein like I had to. It was a fucking nightmare, nothing sounded like the oberdeutsch that i'd learnt at school.
>>
>>77563496
Michel Thomas. That and immersing with real people of course.
>>
>>77563923
I worked for Coutts at the time I was in Liechtenstein, though for other reasons I lived in Feldkirch.

Great people but the language went totally over my head.
>>
>>77559672

the Portuguese have a very high level of English, as does the Brazilian upper class

the Spanish however are shockingly poor across all levels of society, not even the President can speak it
>>
>>77559672
Many of them come from humble beginnings and had no chance of learning English. There are guys like JDS and Maia who speak English in MMA though.

Since you mentioned MMA: Americans couldn't speak Japanese when they fought in PRIDE. Do the inbred genes make them more stupid?
>>
>>77563740
imagine the amount of mistakes id do with a complicated one
>>
>>77563977
Have they been liquidated yet? Coutts is one of the most bent places I've ever seen
>>
>>77564019
No idea. Not a banker, I'm in security.

Having worked for Rio Tinto, De Beers, Anglo American and Thales - Coutts seemed a fine bunch.
>>
Vidal has played a lot of time in Germany and can't speak German for shit. Also, this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVqpo3-F2a0
>>
>>77563886
Italian as a national language is a recent "innovation", almost each region has its own dialect that didnt make it to the official national status. Also not having a colonial empire didnt help spreading the language as well as other romance affiliates
>>
>>77563013
Actually correct grammar is achievable at any age. It's just pronunciation that needs to be perfected early.
>>
>learn Spanish at school to a basic conversational level
>leave and don't speak it for a few years but still know the basics
>go on holiday to Barcelona and literally can't speak a word because of muh anxiety
I became one of those retarded stuttering English tourists in seconds
>>
>>77563356
Dude, some American themselves have a tough time shit talking. Watch the McGregor vs Eddie conferences. You have no idea how hard it is to be quick with your second language.
>>
File: 1481299649106.png (179KB, 259x319px) Image search: [Google]
1481299649106.png
179KB, 259x319px
>learn french in school
>remember literally 0.1% of it
>can't brag about it to anglofags on 4chan
>>
>>77564293

People get too hung up on pronunciation. You'll sound like a foreigner speaking a second language no matter what. Just focus on not making the same retarded grammatical mistakes that are stereotypical of wherever you're from.
>>
>>77563471
>Equally I can read translated foreign literature if I wanted to
It's not the same. The writer is a specialist in his own language and he will craft the best prose in his language. All of that gets lost after it gets translated because languages don't work the same way.
>>
>>77563714
Portuguese people do some weird shit with their mouths. It makes it sound like they are omitting all the vowels and not opening their mouths properly.
>>
Guardiola even learned German. Ancelotti only speaks Italian though.
>>
>>77563327
>Slovenia
You just learn English and half of your country speaks Serbo Croatian natively. You would b a retard to not speak all three considering Slovene is basically the same thing as BSC..

t. Just in Slovenia
>>
>>77564382
same for me with spanish lol
>>
>people from irrelevant moonspeak countries gloating that they know 4 languages when it's all drilled into their heads in primary school like times tables

hate this meme
>>
>>77564494
This is actually very accurate, especially in a couple of the islands where they have accents that allow them to speak with their mouths almost closed, it's really amazing.
To me brazillian accent honestly sounds like you're making up vowels sometimes though.
>>
>>77564706
I know the accent from açores. That accent seriously sounds like a different language to me.
>>
>>77563496
Duolingo is pretty decent.
>>
>>77559553
Aren't both Aguero and Tevez terrible at English?Considering their life in England But Zabaleta speaks very well.
>>
>>77564779
I've seen azoreans speaking on national tv with subtitles. Only one of the islands has that wacky accent tho. Madeiran people have a funny one too, imagine if every i was pronounced as an e (sim sounds like cem). I've also visited weird northern villages of people who say "ch" instead of "ss". Language is cool
>>
>>77559672
BRs probably just don't like english, in general they learn romance languages pretty fast
>>
>>77563590
>You too, fat man
>>
>>77563996
>japanese is anywhere as important as english
>>
>>77564137
lel
>>
>>77564314
most people arent assholes and will appreciate the effort
>>
>>77564382
>take vacation to belgium
>Bruges
>everyone speaks english
>feels good
>Brussels
>french everywhere
>>
>>77564363
>You have no idea how hard it is to be quick with your second language

Fuck off. English is my third language (Immigrant from China) and Im speedy with the insults.
>>
>>77565420
Shit talking is coming up with clever comebacks not just insulting but whatever..
>>
Shit talk in english is overrated tho, you can't say anything remotely hurtful, half the argentine league would get suspended if they shit talked in europe the same way they do here
>>
>>77565584
Precisely what I'm saying, and not only in formal AmeriBrit English, but also in the various many dialects you find in this country. Not sure how other Americans feel but in my experience as an immigrant, AAVE (Black American English, especially the more Southern dialects) best lends itself to funny and deft banter.

>>77565650
>(You)
90% of Sudaca trash talk consist of saying something about someones mother, something about homosexuality, something about scat and calling people idiots. Maybe there is a certain sting that can only be expressed in Argie Spanish, but it doesn't carry over well in translation.
>>
>>77565420
>english insults
does that exist?
>>
>>77565802
I think it was garnett in the nba shit talking about honey nut cheerios and everyone lost their shit, things are just more controlled over there so they don't really offensive stuff, here they are racist sexist homophobic and fat haters, so it usually ends with everyone chimping out
>>
>>77565927
>here they are racist sexist homophobic and fat haters

Do you really think that your country is in way unique in this regard?
>>
>>77566003
A player saying nigger in your country goes to prison, you are pushing to ban puto chant when it is really mild in reality, the bar of allowed shit talk is much lower in the us and europe except spain and italy probably, suarez was suspended for 8 matches for what is nothing over here
>>
>>77566097
>A player saying nigger in your country goes to prison

Maybe I immigrated to the wrong part of America, but i strongly doubt that nigger is still a hyper controversial word outside of a few libtard circles. Do you how often the word nigga is used in casual discussion here in this country? So common nowadays that literally everyone, not just blacks, use it as part of their trash talk.

>>you are pushing to ban puto chant when it is really mild in reality, the bar of allowed shit talk is much lower
................................................................................................................................................................................................again, what part of American sports do you watch? Because I get the feeling that you've mistaken a few attention seeking liberals in NYC as representing the rest of America.

I get the feeling that your only exposure to American sports media is through shiteatee outlets like Buzzfeed, Deadspin, Slate, and ESPN
>>
the only reason i'd learn another language is so I could say I know 2 languages
>>
>>77559754
No he speaks English so well you idiot. He just want to avoid translating error. That's why he use translator until now.
>>
>>77559672
Bernardo Silva, Who is Portuguese and joins English team recently, Speaks English well. I was surprised at his interview
>>
>>77567406
>>77559672
Yeah, his english was pretty good considering he never lived in a english speaking country.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgW9WRiwwWc
>>
>>77559553
It's probably easier to get around in French/Spanish/Portuguese than English in most top PL teams.

>>77563327
>If you're from the Anglo or Latino sphere chances are you don't speak any other language than your own i.e. you are a fucking moron or a lazy cunt.
The amount of languages spoken is invertedly proportional to cultural self-sufficency.
ie. the more irrelevant and subjugated a nation is, the more languages its inhabitants will speak.

>>77563886
>what with it being the genesis of the Romance/Latin languages
You're a fucktard.

>>77563490
It's the simplest language in Eurasia.
>>
They train all day and probably spend the nights fucking trannies and playing Fifa, you have to realise most football players are juvenile immature retards, been told since birth they're amazing at football so they never had to really develop social skills or even try to mentally advance.
I learnt Dutch 6 months before moving to NL and had people saying they thought I was Dutch when I speak.. it's not ridiculously hard, you just need to actually have a need to. When you make millions and have translators all around, where's the need to?
>>
>>77559553
English should be mandatory in all schools worldwide from age 5
>>
>>77559553
Aguero has been in Manchester for six years and still can't speak English at all.

I remember a video he did for the club during christmas time, he had to bake a cake and write "merry christmas" on it:

>Merry? Why would I write Merry? That's a dog name!
>I mean, my dog's name is Mary, why would I write that on a cake? And what does it have to do with christmas?

I haven't seen any improvement from him since. That's kinda pathetic desu.
>>
>>77563327
Yup, I come from a US territory and most people here can't talk English for shit and if they talk, they do with a very thick accent
>>
>>77569384
All you had to say was that you come from Louisiana.
>>
>>77569270
>>77569361
what i've always wondered is how players who have been there along time get by in training etc?

Surely it would get annoying after the first season or so if people have to keep translating.
>>
>>77569419
they probably "know" certain words in training like run, sprint, left, right, pass etc, but if you asked them how to say those words in that language they'd have no idea. A lot of a language is about context.
For me it just shows a lack of respect to not even give enough of a fuck to learn the language of a country you're living in.
>>
File: 1500571552380.jpg (23KB, 480x478px) Image search: [Google]
1500571552380.jpg
23KB, 480x478px
>>77569409
kek I come from Puerto Rico but nice try lmao
>>
Bernardo Silva speaks better English then Kane
>>
>>77564565
It's so rare for foreign players to even attempt to learn German, that we keep sucking Peps cock for doing something normal when he did.

It's ridiculous, in no other world than that of football would we not care for foreigners coming here and refusing to learn the language until they go somewhere else.

Brazilians are famous for just hanging out at local Brazilian restaurants, french players almost never learn anything.
So Pep or Xabi Alonso who have the decency to try to learn some are regarded has angelic beings brought down from the linguistic heaven of integration
>>
>>77569568
Fabián also took German lessons. How bad is his German?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoyTKd7GH0Y
>>
>>77569628
It's pretty standard for a Latino who's lived here for a while. I knew a few Colombian students who speak just like him
>>
File: 1466838579000.png (628KB, 1280x620px) Image search: [Google]
1466838579000.png
628KB, 1280x620px
>>77564382
>learned English in every educational stage
>still can't speak English properly
>>
>>77563332
>t. chicano
>>
>>77570463
literally white as you
>>
>>77569568

I saw a japanese player on TV who went shopping and could speak german.
>>
>>77564137
He has only been there for two years
>>
>>77563230
He has less instagram followers than Ronaldo
>>
File: ribery.jpg (25KB, 624x416px) Image search: [Google]
ribery.jpg
25KB, 624x416px
>>77569568
I'm pretty sure he speaks better in German than in French
>>
>>77571621
His French must be pretty awful then. Maybe his Turkish is better
>>
File: qt son.jpg (68KB, 271x400px) Image search: [Google]
qt son.jpg
68KB, 271x400px
What do Brits think of this guy?
He was always very cute when speaking German, like in everything he did... I miss him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM8C3YN_gi4
Is this simpy what a Korean accent sounds like or is this really a German influence on his English pronounciation?
>>
>>77564565
>>77569568

what about lewandowski?
>>
>>77563504
but how can you translate it if you don't know the language?
>>
>>77565399
Brussels is not belgium
>>
I'm still amazed at how well Bellerin speaks English. He literally doesn't even have an accent. It's like he grew up in England but he has only played there for 6 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faM1S3BNGSs
>>
My team constantly buys Portuguese players and their english is either all pretty good, or they are fluent in a season much better than Spanish speakers
>>
>>77563740
^actual autism
>>
>>77570769
he played for Leverkusen before Juventus
>>
>>77563281
"best"
>>
>>77559672
Lucas has pretty fluent English but he's not a favela-babby like most Hue players.
>>
>>77563464
Rude
>>
>>77567294
Wouldn't need a translator if he spoke english so well surely
>>
>>77574078
He is a perfectionist. There is article about his English skills. Definitely he speak English well.
>>
>>77563327
>fucking moron or lazy cunt

Happy to be lazy when everyone learns our language
>>
>>77563476
how different is Catalan to Spanish?
>>
>>77563402
best rb in the league, fatty
>>
>>77565399
>go to foreign country where english isn't the main language
>expect people to speak english

wew lad, great american post
>>
>>77572297
Him and szczesny sound like chavs
>>
>>77559553
Javi Martinez doesn't speak German
Kroos doesn't speak Spanish
>>
>>77569361
>>77564970
>>77562815
>>77559594

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXeEFAw_bzE

aguero definitely understands english pretty well, he just isn't confident enough to speak it in interviews. same with david silva
>>
>>77575438
Ter Stegen speaks Spanish.
And kroos apparently is one of the dumbest people in the German NT according to per Mertesacker.
>>
>>77570717
t. somalian
>>
>>77562936
Irish have the best english I thought, they prolly learn it faster than other foreign players from what I've heard Keane interviews
>>
>>77564565
Wtf no he doesn't.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oRs0Ry-lAM
>>
>>77577890
The Irish speak English you amerilard tit. Like 1% of them actually know irish
>>
I wouldn't bother with it honestly. Why learn a foreign language for the sole purpose of speaking to the media? Fuck that. Stay strong introverts.
>>
File: warmup.webm (1MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
warmup.webm
1MB, 600x338px
- Portuguese from Portugal is consonantal and sounds like russian indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCcPvXdXxZk

- Brazilian portuguese is vocalic and melodic, and sounds closer to other romance languages like italian, spanish and romanian.

- The difference between pt-pt and pt-br is bigger than the difference between en-us and en-uk, because the language isn't standardized like english is.

- Argentines speak spanish with a lisp.

- Catalan is certainly romance, and to someone who speaks it, it actually sounds to portuguese than regular spanish, but so few people actually use it it might as well be irrelevant.

- Basque might as well be moonrunes. It's up there with hungarian and finnish as one of the most bizarre languages this side of chingchongland.
>>
>>77564382
>learn french in school
>remember literally 0.1% of it

Same. And I studied it for 4 years, too.

In my defense, it was 20 to 16 years ago.
>>
File: 859494.jpg (30KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
859494.jpg
30KB, 640x360px
>tried to learn Italian a few years ago
>needed to try and talk to actual Italians to practice
>found the website 'interpals' where you can talk to people from other countries
>figured it would help me learn
>lots of cute girls on the website
>quickly feel like i could learn and also lose my virginity
>found one cute girl there in particular
>talk to her for a few weeks
>feel my italian is improving but more importantly feel she wants to be my girlfriend despite the fact we have only ever spoken to exchange language
>she was a supported of Napoli but said she was scared to go to their matches due to hooligans
>I decide to be romantic
>decide I will go to Napoli, find hooligans and ask them to be less violent for my girlfriend in Italian, then film it and send it to her
>manage to save money and go to italy when Napoli are playing
>find some hooligans at a bar
>approach them and try to tell them to be nice for my girlfriend in Italian
>get nervous as fuck
>accidentally shout at them 'Sii bello!' which is 'be nice'
>they get mad and beat the fucking shit out of me
>tfw never told her about this
>stopped talking to her and trying to learn italian
>>
>>77578947

especially when your employers can ship you off to another country at a moment's notice
>>
>>77559553
english is the hardest language to learn
>>
>>77580595
>- Argentines speak spanish with a lisp.
wrong
>>
>>77562837
He can go fuck himself tho
>>
>>77572297
it's because he's young still.
>>
Good thread. No, seriously.
>>
>>77577890
genuinely not sure if you're trolling or just thick
>>
>>77583369
lol
>>
>>77559797
>>77562852

I remember there being rumours about Tevez being practically illiterate even in Spanish.
>>
>>77584163
Yea, insult me. Please explain how keane and the other Irish players speak English fluently and even use idioms. They obviously learn fast, prolly because of tourism and proximity brainlet.
>>
>>77560545
Chilean Spanish is regarded everywhere as an abomination.
>>
>Been in England for 39 years
>Still can't speak English
>>
>>77572297

He has a pretty good accent, you can't almost hear any spanish at all.

he says innit thoug, do people say that in London and south england? thought it was more norhtern
>>
>>77563327
Name one country with better living standards than Anglo speaking nations.
>>
>>77588893
Germany, India, Japan, everything in Scandinavia except for those Danish subhumans, and Ecuador.

Face it. the UK, US, Canada, Ireland and ANZACs really are beneath the rest of the true first world. All we have going for us is our MUH PER CAPITA (((((((GDP)))))))))
>>
File: IMG_0724.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0724.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>77588944
India
>>
File: 1450730222356.png (449KB, 680x501px) Image search: [Google]
1450730222356.png
449KB, 680x501px
>>77588964
Yes India you damn gook. Fuck, when are Amerisharts going to provoke the Norks into getting rid of South Korea? Im getting tired of seeing that shitty pepsi logo flag of yours around here
>>
>>77571695
It's both
he learned it so quickly though
>>
>>77588944
Germany and Sweden stifles free speech while refusing to address their migrant problem, Ecuador is crime ridden like most SA nations, India is a designated shithole and Japan is openly hostile to foreigners while harbouring a repressive, authoritarian, workhorse culture that's driving their birthrate down, coupled with a retarded anal retentive social etiquette. Norway and maybe Iceland are basically the only cool countries but it seems like a waste to dedicate so much time to a meme language when the locals are pretty much guaranteed to have a much better grasp of English anyway.
>>
>>77589015
Pajeet.. Why are you live in USA? I am going to USA in near future but I don't want to smell poo.
>>
File: 1447447943156.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1447447943156.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>77589309
You don't want to smell poo yet literal stewed Dog Anus is a nightly staple in every Korean home.
>>
>>77559553
On the opposite end of things Jaap Stam's English is perfect. He's developed a bizarre little accent that isn't quite English and isn't quite Dutch too.
>>
File: 1450596063936.jpg (384KB, 1024x639px) Image search: [Google]
1450596063936.jpg
384KB, 1024x639px
>>77589472
HMMMM sorry but I don't keep dog.. and above average cunt breed dug you fucking pajeet
>better living standard
Did you mean by pic-related?
>>
File: CzQaNjWW8AAunqJ.jpg (92KB, 600x423px) Image search: [Google]
CzQaNjWW8AAunqJ.jpg
92KB, 600x423px
>>77589472
>pajeet saying better living standard
>>
File: india064-2.jpg (372KB, 1100x733px) Image search: [Google]
india064-2.jpg
372KB, 1100x733px
>>77589472
What a wonderful cunt
>>
>>77571715
Lewa is well known for being a Germanfag/Wehraboo.
Thread posts: 241
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.