[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how can we unfuck this tournament and turn it into something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: FIFA_Club_World_Cup_logo.svg.png (132KB, 450x1024px) Image search: [Google]
FIFA_Club_World_Cup_logo.svg.png
132KB, 450x1024px
So how can we unfuck this tournament and turn it into something respectable?
>>
Make it every 4 years.

Last 4 champions from each continental tournament qualify.
>>
not without messing with the calendar
>>
>>77544340
Really made me think

Not bad moortugal
>>
>>77544340
This actually sounds really good. Great post, Joaquim.
>>
>>77544335
We can't. European football clubs were far more prestigious than non-European football clubs, which means that all the money and all the good players went to Europe. This just increased the gap in wealth and prestige between UEFA and other confederations further and the cycle never ended.

Besides, there simply aren't enough amazing players in the world to spread them across multiple teams across every continent. Even the Champions League doesn't get interesting until the quarter/semi-finals and each domestic league only has two or three teams that realistically have a chance of winning.
>>
>>77544340
>inb4 Madrid takes all 4 spots for UEFA and that team from New Zealand all OFC spots
>>
>>77544335
Group Stage: Champions of top 6 europe league + champions of top south american leagues + champions of smaller leagues playing some sort of a playoff
Knockout rounds: continental champions (entering at this stage) + group winners
Make nations apply to host it just like in the World Cup and Euros, hype it like a real Club World Cup, play it on the end of the european season for 1 month.

Do this every 4 years like >>77544340 suggested and people will legitimately get hyped about this.
>>
>>77544408
This only started to happen from 2000 onwards, actually. Until there south american clubs could compete at the same level of european ones, and sometimes had more talent than top euro clubs (just remember Romário leaving Barcelona for Flamengo after winning the baloon door, or the 96 Palmeiras side that players like Rivaldo, Cafu and Djalminha mentioned as the best team they ever played, in terms of technique). Money and FIFA (the game) ruined south american football
>>
>>77544415
Why Mexishits don't participate in Libertadores all the way? I know you have teams, but if you win you won't be able to go to the World Championship or something.
>>
>>77544490
Mexico belongs to Concacaf, their teams arent even playing in Libertadores anymore.
>>
File: 3602606_640px.jpg (27KB, 640x810px) Image search: [Google]
3602606_640px.jpg
27KB, 640x810px
>>77544335
>tfw this isn't a thing anymore
>no more sissy cold chest european teams refusing to play it because they're afraid they might get stabbed a little
shaking my head family
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.