[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you know about football? How does tactics work? >the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: 1296131-27915488-1600-900.jpg (60KB, 617x411px) Image search: [Google]
1296131-27915488-1600-900.jpg
60KB, 617x411px
What do you know about football? How does tactics work?

>the better team tries to keep the ball
>the worse parks the bus and counters

Is this modern football in a nutshell?
>>
>>77542406
Modern football is player's quality.
>>
>>77542406
Plenty of counter strat teams can make to the top.

All you have to know is to not use meme formations and that tiki taka is cancer
>>
Triangles
>>
>>77542406
Nah, let pacy blacks run towards the space behind the defiance is all
>>
>>77542423
yeah. I was careless with my phrasing, so either you give up possession and counter or try to get possession which is a win by itself?
>>
i think the team that scores more goals will win the match
>>
>>77542428
This. Modern football is about triangles, and creating options to safely and quickly move the ball until a defender makes a mistake.
>>
>>77542406

>quality is not necessary: tfw nobody dribbles the gk anymore
>gegenpressing is the new pressing: forget Sacchi
>knuckleballs are real
>intensity above reasoning
>RB/LB are essentially playmakers: mastering 3-4-3
>falso nueve is yet obsolete
>rate of conversion is everything: ExG is the new measure of efficiency beyond shoots on target and ball possession
>sweeper/keeper still a failure
>training is short: 60-90 minutes a day, less gym (try reading L'Alieno Mourinho by Sandro Modeo, and some books by Ancelotti)
>defences will play nearer and nearer to the gk
>no real midfield GOAT
>>
File: 1499133087813.jpg (114KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1499133087813.jpg
114KB, 500x375px
nope, Germany is by far the most talented team in the world but they only play counter attacking football, this is also true at times qith big teams like Atletico and to a lesser degree Real Madrid
>>
>>77542406

>How does tactics work?

It works like chemistry. There are a lot of players who move in a really big habitat. They essentially have to manage their energy, so that's why you hear about "giving away possession", without losing a profitable equilibrium. The game is pretty stressful, becouse you play with feet and you're overwhelmed by stimuli from everywhere. Above all the games in which you play with a ball, soccer is the one where the underdog has major chances to win against a top tier team. That's not gonna happen in handball for instance. That's because hands are a better instrument for manipulating the ball. So when you attack, you slowly transition your checkboard to open spaces making the opponent move himself to fall in your trap. When you defend you slowly transition to close spaces. Doing that, you basically kys because it will cost you a lot to transition again on attack mode. That's why Barcà plays with defence line on midfield, running back for 40meters if they lose the ball. They sacrifice oxygen to recover, but they save and invest all the mental energy to stay coehrent and focused in offensive fase. Mental energy is going to drain your players more than physical stamina. Think football like a fast forward migration game. The great advantage is for who knows how to drain you, the critical damage is for who is going to lose his shit.

>the better team has ideas, IQ, fantasy and trust
>the worse has no idea to what to do and is on a mental state next to sleep deprivation

Pratical example:
Iniesta has been a GOAT and a real one. He carries the ball, the opponent screams for danger and put 3 guys on him. They follow him. All the opponent checkboard is affected and moves.
>We are three of us and can't actually take the ball from Andrès
>5 seconds passed
>team does not know if cover my former space or follow the opponent's insertions everywher
>Coach is in panic
>I'll make a foul to save ourselves
>Got yellow card
>Repeat
>>
>>77542406
Isn't soccer strategy just kicking the ball to your best player and hope they score?
>>
If we exclude the final minutes of a match

- Both teams try to advance the ball into scoring territory
- There is no riskless way to do this (you are going to lose the ball)

Attacking team tries to create space and time advantages by positioning, passing, dribbling, heading, deceiving, running, better first touch, better technique, creating numerical superiority

Defending team tries to make the opponent lose the ball by positioning, tackling, pushing, shoving, irritating, creating numerical superiority

Attacking players always try to find the best moment for a lower-risk or efficient advancing of the ball.

Defending players always tries to force the opponent into difficult decisions which means advancing the ball at high risk of losing it.

The best players have a superior vision of the game and spot the "new situation" in advance.
>>
hoof it to the big lad
>>
Fun information: The offside rule until 1925 was that there had to be 3 (today 2) opponent players* between the goal and the forward player. It was even harder to score.

*including the goalkeeper
>>
^^^
>>
>>77543854
They changed it because Billy McCraken of Newcastle United was too good at playing people offside
>>
>>77542406
>the better team tries to keep the ball
>the worse parks the bus and counters

Wasn't always like this?
>>
File: 1499895094885.jpg (17KB, 376x225px) Image search: [Google]
1499895094885.jpg
17KB, 376x225px
What formation should my 7 a side team play (6 outfield players). Sometimes we play with 7 outfield players and a goalie if enough people show up.
>>
>>77544691
3-2-1 obviously
>>
>>77544691

important question: do you play with offside rule?

if not, you are playing what in italy we call "calciotto" (soccer = calcio, 8 = otto)

there are different formations but you can try with 3-1-2-1

2 FB, 1 CB, 1 DM, 2 Winger, 1 ST

The equilibrium is made by the overlapping between the 2 FB and the Wingers. The DM is attacking and defending as well. When the FB overlap the Wingers, the Winger cut in the centre and the ST decentralizes his play on the opposite side, the other Winger is the widest.
>>
>>77543479
>most talented
Debatable. The biggest strength is that >we seem to find it easy to get into gear and turn on the tournament mode at the right time.
>>
>>77544747
>8 = otto

For me it's 8 the Gr8
>>
>>77544784

>Borussia
>>
File: mazzali.jpg (33KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
mazzali.jpg
33KB, 450x450px
>>77544747
Is this book still useful?
>>
It all depends on which player build the attack for the opposition, yday Mou seemed to have a bee in his bonnet about Marcelo so he had Valencia press him very high, leaving Lindelof to defend the RB position also

It was a bad tactic, also he put Matic and Herrera on Modric and Kroos which effectively let Casemeiro and Isco do what they want
>>
>>77544799
I do not understand!
>>
>>77544865
I thought Bismarck was the great 8!
>>
>>77544896
Bitemark was gr8 but 8 of the 8nian dynasty was gr8er.
>>
>>77544810

useless because it's outdated. Soccer took from Sacchi what it had to take. Ancelotti, Benitez (even if he is shit) and so many others cristalyzed those concepts and they are part of football. Sarri shows you how they are still actual.

But other schools are also important. Like Bielsa (---> Sanpaoli) and Cruijff (from Michels to Cruijjff ---> VanGaal ---> Guardiola).

Soccer has his own kind of phylogenesis.

But that is a training book. Try reading Modeo for a cultural-historical approach.
>>
File: World Cup balls.png (181KB, 831x554px) Image search: [Google]
World Cup balls.png
181KB, 831x554px
>>77544747
We don't. Just the keeper can't kick it more than about 2/3 of the pitch. No slide tackling either. Are these ever rules for European recreational (just for fun) leagues?

>>77544711
Thanks for the reply. We tried that and it worked pretty well in out last match for the previous season and it worked pretty well. Something that happens relatively frequently in the league is teams like up as 3-3 and there's no midfield play so the 3 attackers attack and 3 defenders defend like in lacrosse. We played 3-1-2 a pretty good chunk of the season and that worked pretty well but some of us didn't have the stamina to play as the lone central midfielder.
>>
>>77545010
>Try reading Modeo for a cultural-historical approach.

Thank you. Very insightful. I hope you keep posting here from time to time.
>>
>>77543421
>Intensity above reasoning
This can summarize about 90% of argie matches, sometimes this give us some emotional moments, but its mostly not knowing what to do with the ball
>>
i can't stand pace setting midfielders.
Kroos is one of the most overrated midfielders of all time
>>
spend hundreds of millions of pounds on creative attackers and then when that fails bring on fellaini and hoof it to him

t. united
>>
>>77543573
No that's apehoop
>>
>>77545112

You're welcome, and thank you!
>>
>>77542423
>tiki taka is cancer
fuck off stupid fucking dumbass retard faggot french i hope you fucking die
>>
I like playing 4-1-2-2-1 attacking possession football in fm. It works for me and its fun and my team scores lots of goals. Won the PL with Gateshead lads
>>
>>77542423
>and that tiki taka is cancer

still wins trophies and it can be either slow and defensive or fluid and amazing to watch, like any style of play.
>>
Ya hoof it to fellaini m8 he good with his head a constan threat
>>
Europeans think that tiki taka is cancer because we like a more direct and vertical kind of soccer, with counterattacks and dribbling.

Tiki taka basically kills this kind of soccer, so it's quite unpopular.

I like it but it's not my favourite, let's put it this way.
>>
>>77545469
Isn't divegrass just apehoop with feet?
>>
>>77548807
Pleb. 4-2-3-1 is literally the perfect formation.
>>
>>77542406
It's been like this since football is a pro sport
>>
>>77554065
Name 1 (one) team that successfully plays that formation
>>
File: Real Madrid Squad 2011-2012.jpg (198KB, 729x475px) Image search: [Google]
Real Madrid Squad 2011-2012.jpg
198KB, 729x475px
>>77554106
>>
>>77554311
ummm, sweetie, real has played 4-3-3 since TSU arrived.
>>
>>77554322
Incorrect. When they won the title in 11/12. It was
Higuain/Benzema
CR7-Ozil-Di Maria
Khedira- Alonso
>>
>>77542406
>chase ball
>kick ball in goal
How much easier could it get?
>>
>>77543421
>he doesn't yet know about Packing Score
Your mind will be blown and your perception of the game forever changed. It's the ONLY relevant soccer statistic since its creation.
>>
>>77545021
I'm not too sure for a 7v7 but I play 6v6 and we play a 1-3-1. One forward player and one defender ALWAYS in their position, while the midfield moves up and down depending on attack/defense
>>
>>77542406
Basically, what teamblock does with possession, without possession (= defense), at what speed (= tempo)
High tempo possession (= pushing quickly forward) high tempo defense (= aggressive pressing) is English football
Slow tempo possession (= patient turn around passing) high tempo defense is tiki taka (= Barça football)
High tempo possession slow tempo defense (= go backwards as far as possible to trap opposing side) is Cattenaccio or Verrou Suisse, Italian football
Slow tempo possession slow tempo defense is kinda "Joga bonito" where you try to outskill opposing team, or Brazilian football
>>
>>77554671
Isn't Packing a super new method though?
>>
>>77543759
this desu
>>
The 442 diamond is the best and most effective formation for top level football, but it requires great fullbacks. Without athletic and skilful fullbacks it turns to shit. When you've got guys like Marcelo and Carvahal down the flanks, a midfield diamond with a competent no10, and two good strikers, you're basically unstoppable.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.