[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> le dinger and do nothing else lad 37th of the season. He's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

> le dinger and do nothing else lad

37th of the season. He's going to get 50 right?
>>
>>77524968
50 is the usual number of HRs to lead the league with. Guys like Davis, Bautista and now Judge do it all the time to go along with their .250 average with 200 strikeouts.
>>
dingers are good retard
>>
>>77524968
>le overpaid dinger man
>>
>>77525281
Doubt Judge will get 50. He'll end up around 44-47.
>>
File: 608336.jpg (24KB, 213x320px) Image search: [Google]
608336.jpg
24KB, 213x320px
>le walk, strikeout and hit more dingers than singles man
>>
Derby Destroyer
Four Bagger with Swagger
Stanton of Swat
King of Ding
South Beach Smasher
Derby Darling
Mike Drop
>>
yeah unless he does a bunch of coke and takes his speedboat out one night
>>
Are dingers really that important? I see guys like Adam Dunn and wondered how he stayed in the league so long. Complete defensive liability and strikeout machine. But hit the occasional dinger and get paid big money.
>>
>>77529327
Personally, I would prefer a guy who bats .280 with 25 HRs then a guy who hits .240 with 50 HRs. It's such a momentum killer to have these big guys come to bat, crowd cheering with the bases loaded etc, and strikeout on slider, slider, fastball cause they just aim for the HR.
>>
>>77529327
>Are dingers really that important

Yes you idiot. A single HR is worth approximately that of 2.5 singles.

Adam Dunn also walked a shitload and got on base more often than a singles slapping shit.
>>
>>77529327
>Are dingers really that important?

yes
>>
File: IMG_0326.png (168KB, 312x300px)
IMG_0326.png
168KB, 312x300px
>>77529384
>I'd rather have a guy get a regular hit 4% more often than a guy hit a HR twice as often

Enjoy being retarded I guess
>>
>>77529327
It truly depends on the team. The Giants won 3 World Series the past 7 years and they notoriously don't hit many homeruns. But they had timely hits and played small ball well with genius coaching. If you have 5-6 guys in your lineup that can crush 20+ dingers a year then yeah brute force will get you there. But it's all about playing to your own strengths. Dingers are not the end all be all.
>>
>>77529543
>The Jints won because of their hitting

Good joke. Great pitching and fluke magic is the only reason they won. Posey and Sandoval are the only two position players on any of those teams that weren't absolute shit.
>>
>>77529384
Look at this fucking faggot
>>
File: 1476599227357.jpg (30KB, 316x410px) Image search: [Google]
1476599227357.jpg
30KB, 316x410px
>>77529384
>It's such a momentum killer to have these big guys come to bat,
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.