[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT your favourite athlete from a sport that isn't your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

ITT your favourite athlete from a sport that isn't your favourite sport

For me, it's Manu Ginobili. He turned 40 today
>>
I do not watch divegrass but I like Messi.
>>
>>
>>77349784

Im fairly certain thats travelling
>>
>>77350969
Isn't the first step considered a gather step?
>>
Paul Pogba because I like to dab
>>
>>77349784
Watching that live was the hypest shit, it was the exclamation point to a big comeback run and then the spurs just fucking murdered the heat off that momentum
>>
Ben Cousins in the AFL tbqh senpai
>>
File: travel.png (352KB, 541x320px) Image search: [Google]
travel.png
352KB, 541x320px
I would call this traveling. As you can see he has picked up his dribble and his left foot has not hit the floor yet. He then took two more steps after his left foot hit.

I've been checking out some recent NBA plays like this and they really don't travel as much as some people to claim. Lebron often looks like he walked, but when you slow it down you see he has great timing with not picking up the dribble until after the foot has planted.
>>
>>77353874
Its not a travel. He still hasn't gathered the ball in the 1st step so its a gather step
>>
File: abechan.jpg (247KB, 1628x1269px) Image search: [Google]
abechan.jpg
247KB, 1628x1269px
>>77349784
Shinnosuke Abe
>>
File: Adam_Gilchrist_gallery__470x354.jpg (28KB, 470x354px) Image search: [Google]
Adam_Gilchrist_gallery__470x354.jpg
28KB, 470x354px
Loved watching that generation despite battering England
>>
>>77353874
Yeah but its close they would never call that in the NBA
>>
>>77350969
And you're certainly wrong...

NBA Rulebook: You're allowed 2 steps upon completion of a dribble, so if you dribble while pushing off of one foot it is not counted toward one of your 2 allowed steps.
>>
File: messi9ggl.gif (1MB, 400x213px) Image search: [Google]
messi9ggl.gif
1MB, 400x213px
>>77350855
this
he's kind of adorable
>>
How about Tom Brady? I stopped watching Handegg but still, he is GOAT for the sport.
>>
>>77350969
and yet, it is not
>>
>>77353874
has an NBA ref ever called travelling? srs
>>
>>77353874
It's not about the lead foot and when it lands. It's when the plant foot begins the driving motion. If you dribble while pushing off, the first step doesn't count (gather step).
>>
>>77354575
Should be undisputed at this point.
>>
>>77349784
That cute north korean chick who got the table tennis bronze in the olympics. She's perfect.
>>
>>77354595

The way you explain that you seem to be implying that if the foot is planted then you grip the ball and end the dribble, it's still traveling if that foot hasn't begun its "driving motion" yet. Meaning you could travel while only taking two steps. I don't buy that at all.
>>
File: Super_Mario.jpg (46KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Mario.jpg
46KB, 600x400px
My favorite sport is luckswing but I gotta give it to Mario Lemieux. I guess it should be Gretzky or Howe or someone, but he's who I saw play while growing up, and I liked his style of play and I think it's cool that he had a lot of love for the Penguins and helped them out when they were having some financial troubles and kept them in Pittsburgh. Not the GOAT but my favorite.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.