[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What team sport requires the most collective intelligence? And

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: collectiveintelligence.png (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
collectiveintelligence.png
20KB, 300x300px
What team sport requires the most collective intelligence? And why?
I'll go for association football
>opposing teams are always interwined
>elements of the team act like a swarm
>team must keep its form while collectively occupy as efficiently as possible the game space
>must defeat the other team structure to create space and opportunities
>all the while play doesn't ever stop to reconsider and set up plans
>>
>dives near box
>PENALTY
>"lul, I japed the ref yet again"
>>
either divegrass or hockey
>>
>>77343697
Football
>
>
>
>POWER GAP
>
>
>
Hockey
>>
1. my favorite sport
2. my second favorite sport
3. the sport I think it's the one that requires most collective intelligence
POWERGAP
9999. the sport i hate the most
>>
>>77343697
Easily American football. Association football can have one or two guys carry a team. American football this doesn't happen.
>>
>>77350558
>what are one good quarterback and one good wide receiver
>>
>>77350558
>one or two cary a team

Only against a bad or medium team, show me one team that won the CL that had only two great players.
>>
>>77343697
Literally everything you said could be said about hockey but times ten.

>>elements of the team act like a swarm
Might as well just be birds or ants or bees.

>>all the while play doesn't ever stop to reconsider and set up plans
Skating is much faster than jogging. And it requires decisions made in mere tenths of seconds.

>>must defeat the other team structure to create space and opportunities
Very much a part of hockey, so much that in OT they remove players to exploit this, and what do you know, goals are scored much easier.

Except in hockey most of the highlights make it seem like a crazy ebin skill sport. When there is much puckwork and positioning behind the scenes.
>>
>>77343697
Baseball. Victory isn't determined by talent, but by the shaping and utilization of talent.
>>
File: 1497735602635.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1497735602635.webm
3MB, 960x540px
There is a reason Gretzky was GOAT. He wasn't big or powerful, but he was a genius. He could see 5 moves ahead. Always knew exactly where to pass and where to be.
>>
File: 1492810265633.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492810265633.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Unfortunately, 95% of all my hockey webms are single-players making things look easy. So I don't have much to support the team/puck movement aspect of the game.
>>
>>77353236
Didn't seem to help the Lions or Colts or Falcons throughout the last 6 years etc etc
>>
>>77353501
I swear my lions are their own worst enemy. Never have I seen a team so utterly destroy themselves with poor discipline/morale. It used to be because they actually sucked. Now they had some talent and they could never seem to coach things together.
>>
>>77353493
I like dis one
>>
File: 1501302205006.jpg (96KB, 550x746px) Image search: [Google]
1501302205006.jpg
96KB, 550x746px
Hockey actually used to be a lot more like soccer. Until someone discovered that if you skate really, really, fast and throw the puck up the ice you can score goals. And thus the speed game was born.
>>
>>77350438
This
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.