[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can some Ameribro red pill me on tailgating? I'm flying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: RedPill_hand.jpg (15KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
RedPill_hand.jpg
15KB, 520x390px
Can some Ameribro red pill me on tailgating? I'm flying up from brazil to watch a nfl game and all the americans I found said I should definitely tailgate, but nobody managed to explain me what exactly that was. Is it a party? Is it private? Is it before or after the game? Things like that. Thanks!

Bonus question: when should I buy the tickets? I've monototing it and the prices are falling, but I'm afraid to wait too long and the game sells out
>>
File: tailgate.jpg (571KB, 1260x485px) Image search: [Google]
tailgate.jpg
571KB, 1260x485px
Tailgate: a hinged flap at the back of a truck that can be lowered or removed when loading or unloading the vehicle.

The idea is you put the "tailgate" down on the truck in the parking lot of the stadium and sit and drink there before the game. Of course it's evolved to people bring chairs and grills and make it an all day thing. Lots of people do it so it's like one huge party in the parking lot before the game.
>>
>>77343104

You sit on the back of a truck and drink
>>
Thanks for the replies.

But should I just get there with some beers and befriend some one randomly? I mean, no problem with that, but wouldn't people wonder "who the fuck are you at me"?
>>
>red pill

You really shouldn't leave /pol/ you are meant to be contained in there
>>
you stand around in a concrete car park and drink shitty canned beer and eat fast food
>>
>>77343272

Yeah people party with the group they go to the game with. But with season tickets often people know many of the other people who have been doing it for years.

You're going to an NFL game by yourself? Would you enjoy drinking beers with a bunch of racist, ignorant American men you've never met? Try it then.
>>
>>77343333
>a bunch of racist, ignorant American men
you mean regular americans then
but I am white
lol jk
>>
>>77343104
fat people parking lot party, quintessentially American
>>
It must be absolute hell trying to leave the parking lot after the game. I'm glad I can drink in a pub and then take a leisurely walk to the stadium.
>>
Okay Brazilian, Toxinsfag here and "we" have great tailgating.

Normally before an NFL game, you park. The parking lots are giant, because the stadium is giant, because tens of thousands of people go to these games. So could wait in your car for the game to start. You could go to your seat early and wait. You could go inside the stadium and walk around and buy a 12 dollar hot dog to hold you over.

Or, you could set up a tent, lower the tailgate(s) on the truck(s), set out a bunch of coolers of alcoholic beverages set yourself up a grill, light it on fire, and cook some delicious meats, assemble some sandwiches, boil a giant fucking thing of crawfish, or whatever the heck you want.

But tailgating over the last few years has become even bigger. Now there are professional chefs that hang out in the parking lot. You can literally walk around the parking lot among thousands of people, ask them if you can try some of their delicious food, and, at least in Houston, they'll usually oblige if you're not a creepy weirdo.
>>
>>77343663
>But tailgating over the last few years has become even bigger. Now there are professional chefs that hang out in the parking lot.
What do you mean? Food stands in the parking lot?
>>
Tailgating is a white American tradition so if you're any other race I would be hesitant on joining in.
>>
>>77343835
by professional chefs he means he doesnt actually mean professional. its like how we use the word literally
>>
>>77343490
>white
but your flag doesnt say argentina
>>
>>77343104
I think it's just a bunch of mostly overweight Americans standing in a parking lot and drinking what they call "beer"

Not sure why this would interest you so much.
>>
>>77343963

Whats worng with white people?
>>
>>77343104
People who drive to the game park in the parking lot, light up a grill, make some food and drink some beers for a few hours before the game.

If you are going alone, it's going to be hard to randomly walk up to a group and start hanging out with them. If you're going with a group then do what i described above.
>>
>>77344103
Dont a lot of niggers do it as well?
>>
It's just fatfucks eating in the parking lot with their portable bbqs. Just eat at home and avoid the retards. Nfl crowds are scum anyway and the lowest dredges of society.
>>
>>77343963
Shut the fuck up ahmed. Black people tail gate with us all the time. It's thinking like that why we don't let dune coons like yourself join us.
>>
i never understood why americans build the parking lot bigger than the stadium.

don't they have public transportation?
>>
>>77348737
>don't they have public transportation?
some but pretty much no one uses it. unless you're in newyork and go by subway. thingsare pretty far apart form another so most americans just go places by car
>>
>>77348737
football stadiums are usually in the middle of nowhere and draw fans from the entire state. baseball stadiums typically have more rational parking lot : stadium ratio.
>>
>>77348737

no. like four or five major cities have public transportation, car manufacturers killed off the rest and most places are too spread out for it to be cost-effective anyway
>>
>>77343293
You can bring whatever beer you want. Nobody eats fast food either. They cook outside. Saw a bunch of Spanish nationals make paella fresh from the San Francisco Bay at a 49ers game. Mexicans were grilling tacos next to them. Portuguese we're making linguica across the way (underneath their flamboyantly large Portuguese flag) and some white guy was making steaks.

>>77343272
Bring beer and some of your own food. Explain to whoever is tailgating next to you or who looks the most fun that you're visiting for your first NFL game and you'll make friends fast. Especially if you're rooting for the home team and wearing the merch.
>>77343574
It is a bit of a wait depending on the stadium. The coliseum in Oakland is actually a joy to get in and out of.
>Those pub prices
>Killing your buzz by walking.
>>
man, y'all europeans sound like a bunch of miserable fucks
>>
>>77349414

Most European stadiums are close to the city center so we stay in bars and pubs before the game. I can't imagine standing in an ugly concrete space for so long especially on a hot day.
>>
>>77348737

I'm tired of answering the same questions for you yuro/sudacas

>parking lot

to park our CARS in

>public transportation

lol no one uses that unless they're poor. if you can't afford food you can't afford game tickets
>>
>>77349414
>y'all
Most Europeans live just fine unlike you subhuman southern trash.
>>
Do Americans have trains
>>
Skip the NFL and go directly to a major college football game instead. Whatever major city you were planning to go to likely has a big university nearby. Better tailgating, better pageantry, more fans actually give a fuck about the team because they have more personal investment. It's also less corporate and sanitized than the NFL gameday experience, although this has been getting worse in recent years.
>>
>>77349520

i know this, i've been to european league games in person

>>77349571

not in the sense that you guys do
>>
>>77349520
>Standing
You bring chairs numb nuts.
>A hot day
Games are played in the fall to winter season and typically you tail gate in the a.m. BEFORE the game kickoff is 1:05 p.m. local time usually.

Why are you closed minded about something you clearly have no idea about? Do you like picnics/outdoor eating festivals? Do you like sports? If yes to both then it's fun pure and simple. The Basque get it, they always cooked outside for their towns community leagues when I was there. This isn't a Europe vs American issue. It's people who enjoy cooking and good food and company vs lazy fucks who'd rather buy their food.
>>
>>77343104
tailgating might not suit the constraints of your trip. ideally, you would want at least one buddy and a car so you can actually tailgate, preferably with some folding chairs and food/a cooking device as well. it's a fun time, i would just personally feel uncomfortable wandering around the tailgate alone with my rack of beer and some food

with that said, it is "authentic," and it's meant to be a social event. offer someone your age a beer, mention you're from brazil and it's your first game, and if they're friendly people you can hit it off.

>>77343574
the areas around nfl stadiums are always littered with sports bars, so you could do that too (or instead).
>>
>>77349571
not really. I would take the commuter rail from Beverly into Boston for games at Fenway or the garden though. but even then, we'd have to have a ride from the station up on the north shore back home. AND EVEN THEN, we live in the fucking woods and you have to drop people off or crash somewhere because it's way too spaced out to walk. unless walking miles on dark roads at night is your thing.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EW6zdlxoznY

this is the extreme, but bills mafia is the pinnacle of tailgate culture
>>
teach a few american slooties how to say phrases in portuguese and you're golden
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.