[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Americans play then anthem on literally all domestic league

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

File: 1.jpg (27KB, 419x360px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
27KB, 419x360px
Why do Americans play then anthem on literally all domestic league games?

Also, why most athletes don't sing it?
>>
>>77339910
The anthem is sponsored by McDonald's who bought the rights for the next three years.
>>
File: 6fd.jpg (35KB, 600x575px) Image search: [Google]
6fd.jpg
35KB, 600x575px
>>77339931
>>
>open /sp/
>another thirdworld OP with a thread obsessed with my country

feels good
>>
>not loving your own country
Shiggy diggy
>>
It's such a bad anthem that they don't mind spamming everywhere.
Literally the worst pub song.
>>
I'm fine with them playing it but when they get flavor of the month pop star to butcher it for the Superbowl it's so cringeworthy
>>
>>77339910
why did uefa champions league invent an anthem to play before every game?
>>
>>77339941
>>77339944
no need to be that defensive, just askin

darn, americans are insecure as hell
>>
>>77339910
Because they have no personnality and force nationalism to everyone
>>
>>77341557
Maybe if you had some pride Paris wouldn't be Nigeria right now.
>>
>>77339910
too much handegg damaged their brains
>>
>>77339964
I hate when they nig it up.
>>
File: i_dont_cry.jpg (46KB, 626x750px) Image search: [Google]
i_dont_cry.jpg
46KB, 626x750px
>>77341566
delete (please)
>>
>>77341566
>have a State litteraly named "New Mexico"
>talk about pride
Also European Nigeria is in Londonistan, we have plenty of Senegalese instead.
>>
>>77339968
> get called obsessed
> y....youre just insecure
Kek truly pathetic.
>>
>>77342393
> be France
> Kentucky has a city named after Paris
The cousin fuckers really take to your culture pepe le pew.
>>
>>77342618
That's because the USA has no culture of its own. Sad!
>>
>>77342671
Says the country who threw away it's culture for burkas and sharia law.
>>
>>77342710
>anti burka law in effect
>muslims constantly butthurt because it won't be repealed
Sure thing. I see that common core thingy didn't do you any good.
>>
>>77342766
Doesnt change the fact i can't even travel to your best city without getting ravaged by Muslims and blacks trying to sell me over priced shit all day.
>>
>>77342789
Replace "muslims" with "chicanos" and you just described the average American town. You should feel right at home in Paris.
>>
>>77342823
Maybe if you live in Texas Florida or California. We also don't get trucks of peace or knives of peace over here. Nogs just shoot each other all day.
>>
>>77342850
So the town are complete shitholes and the countryside is full of cousin fuckers (by your own admission)? Nice country you got here.
>>
>>77339966
Because it sounds good and combines the three languages of honourful football, French, German and Australian.
>>
>>77342874
america BTFO
>>
>>77342874
>town are complete shitholes and the countryside is full of cousin fuckers
Sounds like France alright.
>>
>>77342962
Sounds like everywhere actually.
>>
>>77342874
>>77342945
How are we btfo? Cause I admitted to common knowledge the hickvilles and cities over run with spics aren't desirable? You guys realize how large the United States is? Our state's are the size of countries. Shit is so far removed if you live in the right spots.
>>
File: majority black US cities.jpg (357KB, 1056x1360px) Image search: [Google]
majority black US cities.jpg
357KB, 1056x1360px
>>77342823
>implying chicanos are their biggest problem

Dude, they have 27 cities that are unironically majority black over there.
You won't find any city like that in Europe, not even close.

The fact that an American is calling an European city "Nigeria" is laughable and shows how little self-awareness many Americans have.
>>
>>77342976
So you take pride in your country for the fact that you're so far removed from anything relevant about it?
>>
>>77343013
Paris might come close to 50% blacks
>>
>>77342710
says the country who has no culture to throw away for burkas and sharia law
>>
File: IMG_4843.png (107KB, 640x582px)
IMG_4843.png
107KB, 640x582px
>>77342393
Its called New Mexico because the province was called New Mexico before we took it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_evolution_of_Mexico#

We largely kept the names of the places we conquered
>>
>>77343191
You may has well rename all Southern States "Newer Mexico A, B, C...".
>>
Cause national pride is a big deal to them. I understand it and I somehow like it....but then again it feels weird and I agree with you as well...like...it's Browns vs Jags does it really matter to America?

I get it for finals but...eh, it doesn't bother me too much.That's just the way it is. Also... do they play USA's anthem when Raptors, Maple leafs or Blue jays are playing?? (or...well other canadian teams
>>
It's a sponsorship deal with army. Not even joking
>>
>>77343559

Wait what? More info on this?
>>
>>77339910
>Why do Americans play then anthem on literally all domestic league games?
A lot of of us are ultranationalists.

>Also, why most athletes don't sing it?
It's pretty common for Americans to not sing the national anthem while it plays, we just usually stand in respect. Possibly the only time you can get us to be quiet.

>>77343264
If an American team plays a Canadian team, they play both anthems.

>>77343559
>>77343919
Not exactly. The "SUPPORT OUR TROOPS" displays and the military flyovers are sponsorship deals with the Department of Defense. The US Army literally pays the National Football League to do the "muh troops" thing. But playing the national anthem has been a tradition for a long time, it's not about the military.
>>
>>77343941
>Not exactly. The "SUPPORT OUR TROOPS" displays and the military flyovers are sponsorship deals with the Department of Defense. The US Army literally pays the National Football League to do the "muh troops" thing. But playing the national anthem has been a tradition for a long time, it's not about the military.
For real? Your MOD sponsors your biggest sports product? FOR REAL? Like, enlist in the army, go fight and die for your country, aimed at the kids?
Mind=blown
>>
>>77343977
Yeah, it's fucked up, isn't it? The DoD has so much money. If the DoD was a country, they would be part of the G20. And the NFL is morally bankrupt. It's a match made in heaven.
>>
>>77343919
>>77343941
>>77343977

It's about getting folks patriotic, and either joining the army or "or supporting our troops". I can't remember the sauce but I am sure a quick Google search would be fruitfull.
>>
>>77343013
Is this why blacks in america complain about lack of representation in things set elsewhere cause they don't realise there are many black people here?
>>
>>77344020
You're absolutely right about the military sponsoring the NFL to do "support our troops" stuff. The US Army literally plays commercials at halftime during NFL games. I'm just saying that playing the national anthem specifically is not part of the deal.

>>77344044
Part of it is about living in a bubble. Blacks overwhelmingly live in almost all-black neighborhoods, for most black people the entire world is nothing but other blacks. Remember that only 60% of black Americans graduate high school, these aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. Ironically though, the people who exploit the shit out of them and stir them up are half-blacks who live in white neighborhoods, even though we know better.
>>
>>77342973
>t. Dorftrottel
>>
>>77339910
The same happens here, but people don't give a fuck
>>
>>77344189
t. Sören Benn
>>
File: 1427323378776.png (19KB, 200x200px)
1427323378776.png
19KB, 200x200px
>>77339931

epic and underrated post
>>
>>77343013

this picture is actually real lmao. here's another gem from the wiki entry on baltimore:

>In 2005, approximately 30,778 people (6.5%) identified as gay, lesbian, or bisexual.
>6.5 (SIX POINT FIVE) percent of baltimore is gay
>almost 70% is black

can't make this shit up
>>
>>77339910
>Also, why most athletes don't sing it?

they hear it every game, and probably have been desensitized
>>
because of 9/11 desu
>>
>>77344222
It bothers me.

But that's nothing compared to when they also play the state anthem.
>>
>>77339910
Because sports is first and foremost a tool of the state to promote patriotism, regionalism, and favored morals AND to provide an entertaining distraction to the masses because people are easily manipulated with pleasure.

Do you believe it was an accident Putin took Ukraine during the Olympics?

The Romans used to have political factions aligned with Chariot teams

The jousting tournament was also used as an international dialogue event as the competition was friendly and the lords of Europe would drink, feast, and build comraderie with each other. Actual alliances were frequently formed this way.
>>
The US of A is military industrial complex.
The power revolves around America's ability to justify an enormous defense budget and to sell weapons.
What better way to promote positive attitude about this than to tie it into sports, the most popular means of escapism?
>>
>>77339910
>why most athletes don't sing it?

and the crowds too. weird
>>
File: B0bne7SIUAAmgMo.jpg (75KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
B0bne7SIUAAmgMo.jpg
75KB, 600x900px
I work for USAA and can confirm that all of the patriotic fanfare before major sporting events is just a marketing tactic. I mean, it's not even a hidden thing. If you pay attention during NFL games they outright say "PRESENTED BY USAA" and flash our logo on the screen right before the music starts. Trust me, there's no ideology involved. if companies (and the military) weren't playing a shitload of money to slap their brand name on all of these ceremonies you better believe they'd be showing regular ass commercials instead. No major sports league is going to waste a moment of screen time on something which isn't designed to generate revenue.
>>
>>77343977
Yeah, it drives military recruitment. I mean shit, even the Marines need a marketing team. Gotta hit those quotas somehow.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-
way/2015/11/05/454834662/pentagon-paid-sports-teams-millions-for-paid-patriotism-events
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.