[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>NFL >16 games per season >Nothing for a team to compete

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1498151126741.png (8KB, 331x164px) Image search: [Google]
1498151126741.png
8KB, 331x164px
>NFL
>16 games per season
>Nothing for a team to compete for other than the Superbowl (Nobody really cares about division/league champion)
>Pro bowl nice for fans and players but not all that important

>NHL
>82 games per team
>Each team only really competing for the Stanley Cup and that's it
>Also has an All Star game, nice but not massively important

>MLB
>Massive 162 games per team
>All for each team to only really compete for the World Series and that's it
>Another All Star game

>Other than the major leagues there's the NCAA and that's pretty much it

>AFL
>Pretty much the same as above but with more fun matches like Anzac and Heritage

>Gaelic football
>Mostly the same as above

Saying nothing about the quality of the sports, aren't are all these structured to be a bit boring?

In soccer football a team can hope to compete in their national league, for at least one domestic cup, and often a continental trophy all in a single season, and they can vie for promotion to compete in a better national league than their current one.
You can also get otherwise normal matches that end up being an event anyway just because, like semi pro Sutton Utd playing Arsenal and beating peak Coventry
Is it because of Football's much bigger popularity?

I don't think I've made any glaring mistakes in those descriptions or missed any trophies but I may well have
>>
Some of you cunts better reply
I spent at least 5 minutes double checking about your shitty leagues
>>
>>77336777
in the immortal words of Ricky Bobby's father, "If you ain't first, you're last"
I mean I think the other meme trophies are nice but we all know it's about the champions league, right?

and we have rivalries which are huge, like when the browns beat the steelers it's basically a superbowl to them. also our sports tend to be high scoring so that kind of eliminates the luck factor than needs tl be in place for shit like Mynansbackgardensburough to beat Chelsea. seeing an AHL team play an NHL team would be a joke, every game would end like 10-1.
>>
>>77336973
I think you underestimate how much people care about some of the domestic trophies since only a minority of fans will see their team compete at top level Champs League

Speaking of peak Coventry my Dad was in Coventry the night they won their only FA cup and he said the whole city went crazy, with streets blocked and people partying through the night, pretty big deal for a competition that even shitty teams can do well in
>>
Nobody cares about those micky mouse trophies. I would be embarrassed if my team ever won those shitty cups. Also you already know who the top 4 will be in every league before a single game has been played
>>
>>77336777
Why limiting it to divegrass? Basketball, handball, volleyball all have the same set-up. Even rugby has it, despite it being played seriously only in 3 countries in Europe (5 if you consider Wales and Scotland as countries). I think even ice hockey is trying to create some European league/cup too.
>>
>>77336777
There are just too many footy teams.
There's hundreds upon hundreds of teams on any country with footy as its main sport. Of course there's lots of different divisions and competitions. There's no shortage of teams to compete.
>>
>>77337137
I don't know much about those sports, bar rugby which I just forgot, and I got bored of trying to find out about them
>>
>>77336777

>gaelic football

how is this different than rugby?
>>
>>77337083
The NFL acts like 32 Real Madrids
There isn't really a need for other trophies
>>
>>77337313
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Gaelic_football_and_rugby_union

Hurling is the better sport either way
>>
>>77337341
What are the leagues like for Hurling?
>>
I second you, OP, but maybe that wouldn't work in America.
Considering that the Superb Owl is like the Champions League, if there was another championship, they would most likely dispute with the very same teams that they disputed in the SB.
Unless they created some small meme teams, it would be even more boring seeing them competing literally the same thing again.
>>
>>77336777
the most retarded part of this post is ignoring college football. That's where the fun is and only fags give a shit about the NFL
>>
>>77336777
Fuck off cunt AFL is the best sport
>>
if the NFL ever had a cup that was europa league quality, you would be roasted for ever bragging about it
>>
>>77336777
Here in Brazil you even have the state championships. Libertadores and Brasileirão are the only relevant titles, but at least you have some consolation trophies and nice knockout stages.
>>
>>77340578

could you imagine a playoff for the 7-12 seeds? lol
>>
>>77336973
>in the immortal words of Ricky Bobby's father, "If you ain't first, you're last"
Why do you guys rank by total medals at the olympics then?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.