[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be super talented young basketball or handegg player >get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: derp.jpg (19KB, 320x292px) Image search: [Google]
derp.jpg
19KB, 320x292px
>be super talented young basketball or handegg player
>get drafted number 1
>play out your really really high paid contract but give yourself a modest yet luxurious 100k a year to live off with maybe one or two nice expenditures like a family home and a nice car
>invest the rest of your money wisely
>once rookie contract expires sign a one or two year deal with a serious championship contender for a minimum salary
>do this every year or two so you always offer yourself to contenders
>win 10-15 titles
>retire rich and the undisputed GOAT

Why don't they do this? They are smart guys right? They all go to superior American colleges..
>>
File: best.jpg (30KB, 483x509px) Image search: [Google]
best.jpg
30KB, 483x509px
> The league that's like 70% black

> smart
>>
why didn't totti just sign for real madrid to win lots of titles and money?
>>
>>77312784
because he would flop miserably
>>
Cause teams don't wanna sign 2 year contracts for players
>>
>>77312752
>They are smart guys right?
1/8 NFL players go bankrupt within few years of ending their career. I assume the average player is unironically slightly retarded.
>>
Salaries in sports, like everywhere else, is just the marker in a pissing contest. Folks like to be paid more than their neighbors and coworkers because it's a tangible measure of their usefulness and talent. That's capitalism baby.
>>
>>77312752
>They all go to superior American colleges
They don't actually go to classes or do any work though
>>
>>77312799
People wouldn't sign Lebron or Kobe on 2 year deals? I'm talking about super talented players here

>>77312784
La Liga titles aren't worth shit
>>
You're just all over the place here. #1 draft picks who play out their rookie contracts make like $30 million dollars. You don't need to map out their future, though I'm sure they appreciate your input.

More to the point, players do sometimes opt not to take the biggest contract offer to play for a winner (or stay where they are, called a Hometown Discount). In fact the actual GOAT, Tom Brady, is criminally underpaid, because A) he's like a billionaire and doesn't really need to milk every last cent and B) he knows if he was paid what the market demanded it would weaken the Patriots chances to win.

But doing so does do a disservice to your fellow players. By not pushing for his fair market value, Brady most likely lessens the contracts of the next guy - who lessens the contract for the next. The players union does not like this, and it's probably why Brady's Pats-Friendly contracts don't get much attention in the press.

Famously I remember someone during the SF-Dalla rivalry from the mid-90s who signed a small contract with a bonus paid out only if the team won the Superbowl. Like a million bucks, which was more significant back then, obviously. Not sure but it might have been Charles Haley who - hey presto - happened to win 5 Superbowls on different teams.

In the end, guys like to win but it's not as easy as you imply. Peyton Manning was in the NFL for 18 years and won 2 owls - and indeed the last one he was carried by a good team despite the fact his arm was cooked spaghetti. Alas, no one will be making GOAT claims for HGH Manning. It's not so easy to win. Dan Marino was the best QB in history before Tom Brady and he was drafted by a contending team. Never won a championship. Also only casuals believe team success = GOAT.
>>
>>77312864
they're probably worth more than the 1(one) title he won at roma
>>
>>77312864
>La Liga titles aren't worth shit
What did he mean by this?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.