[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is NFL really more popular than NBA in Amurica? How is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 30

File: 1494708074539.jpg (37KB, 888x568px) Image search: [Google]
1494708074539.jpg
37KB, 888x568px
Is NFL really more popular than NBA in Amurica?

How is it even possible?
>>
>>77206589
Who is she?
>>
>>77206589
Americans love violence.
>nba
>touch somebody, FOUL!
>nfl
>run full speed at defenseless quarterback's blind side after knocking over the linemen, SACK! record that for the stat books, going on top 10 plays of the week!
>>
because the NBA is unwatchable garbage 90% of the time

>long and uneventful regular season
>focus on stars rather than teams
>predictable to the extent it's boring
>Nigger Culture
>Lottery
>feels more corrupt than most sports
>>
>>77206589
The south
>>
>>77206589
yup, its infinitely more popular

Even baseball is more popular than the NBA
>>
>>77206636
Literally EVERY state likes football more than basketball, wtf are you talking about

Name three fucking states you think the NBA is more popular than the NFL
>>
>>77206632
Thats the nature of the sport though, isnt it?
I mean since a lot of points are scored in basketball it gets more predictable who will win.
I think thats also the reason why they focus on stars so much.

I find basketball painful to watch for the same reasons.
>>
>>77206658
If I were to take a guess, I'd say maybe california now, possibly ohio because the browns are terrible and the cavs are good and maybe new jersey

Although ya thats a huge stretch and still probably not true
>>
MLB too, despite what people say NBA isn't super popular all over the country, it's the "stars" that are and even then it's like three.
>>
>>77206751
OSU football is more popular than the Cavs.
>>
>>77206765
unless you're 65+, NBA is much more common for the casual sports fan.
>>
>>77206589
Basketball is boring outside the latter quarter of the 4th quarter.

The NFL is the only sport I can feesably justify watching two mediocre teams I could give two shits about.
>>
>>77206658
Indiana is probably the only one that comes close
>>
>>77206619
>she
>>
>>77206786
Nah, there's plenty of younger people brought up on baseball who will bring up their kids with baseball like they were. Baseball isn't dying with those old dudes and it never will.
>>
>>77206784
I could honestly believe that and wont even try to argue you
>>
>>77206786
this is false

Kids coming up now are better than any generation of ball players before them. They're throwing harder, running faster and hitting the ball further than ever before. That doesnt just happen, it comes from being born into it and loving the sport from a very young age
>>
>>77206843
No, he's right. But it depends on how exactly you're defining casual. To the average person who doesn't usually watch sports, basketball is more popular. Mention Lebron, Curry, Durant, average people know who you're talking about. Mention Harper, Trout, Kershaw, and you're getting blank stares unless you're in DC or LA.
>>
>>77206589
Americans are racist and religious and love commercials.

NFL games are 99% commercials and happen on Sundays (church replacement).
>>
unfortunately, it is. nfl is the official sport of rednecks with no jobs and there's a fuck ton of them.
>>
>>77206632
>Nigger Culture

NFL is full of nigger too.
>>
People still watch the NBA?
>>
File: DCVGP7wVoAAV78h.jpg (153KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
DCVGP7wVoAAV78h.jpg
153KB, 1024x576px
>>77206857
I still totally disagree with you

https://howmuch.net/articles/sports-leagues-by-revenue
http://www.statisticbrain.com/professional-sports-average-salary-revenue-salary-cap/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sports_attendance_figures

But ya, if by absolutely shitting on the NBA in terms of every single monetary category, and both the MLB and Japanese league getting more attendance than the NBA means the NBA is more popular then sure. You can move goalposts around however you want

Just look at all those geriatric seniors at baseball games today, there are absolutely no fans under 65
>>
Have you ever watched the NBA? It's complete shit and this is coming from someone who loves basketball. The NBA just has a ton of casual fans and fans that follow superstars (plus gamblers).
>>
Nobody gives a fuck about apehoop even in America, after Jordan and Shaq era anyway

At least that's the feeling I'm getting
>>
>>77206921
False. The TV ratings have never been higher. There's a reason why the salary cap increased. TV money. The regular season has been quite boring indeed but the playoffs ratings have been high for the past few years.

NBA's internet presence also far surpasses both NFL and MLB combined! Google it, Hans.
>>
File: jewyorkyankees.png (550KB, 480x456px) Image search: [Google]
jewyorkyankees.png
550KB, 480x456px
>>77206899
well except for ol morty here, Im honestly surprised he even coughed up the shekels required for 2nd row seats
>>
>>77206857
Superstars are all the NBA has going for it. If you use pretty much any other criteria MLB would win. Baseball is much bigger regionally than nationally, basketball is the opposite.
>>
What I find amusing is American Football is the least practiced sport in the world.
Nobody plays it, even in America. Here in Spain everybody has played football and basketball at some level.
How can a sport that nobody has played be the most followed thing in the country?
>>
>>77206975
>Nobody plays it, even in America.
What the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>77206857
with the decline of the redskins and the arrival of the nats dc became a baseball town overnight.
some of the most powerful people you've never heard of are at every game.
only exurbanites out in the far counties care about the redskins anymore. real dc power brokers are in love with the nats.
>>
>>77206589
NFL? National fuckboy League?
>>
>>77206975

most American boys play from grade 7 thru grade 12, maybe now that we are overrun with millions of fat little ugly brown monkeys from mexico people aren't playing it as much
>>
>>77206939
>>77206899
>>77206843
>>77206827
The MLB is doing horribly with younger demographics and it's fans are old as fuck, those are just straight up facts.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/5-ways-mlb-is-trying-to-get-younger-fans-interested-in-baseball-2017-02-22
>>
>>77206936
I believe you

The world cares even less about apehoop than NFL tho
>>
>>77206992
>with the decline of the redskins and the arrival of the nats dc became a baseball town overnight.
>some of the most powerful people you've never heard of are at every game.

I know, that's exactly what I'm saying. I live in DC. The Nats are huge here. The sheer number of fans on the metro make me late for work almost every time they play a night game. If you ask anyone who Bryce Harper is, of course they're going to know. But in the rest of the country?
>>
>>77207020
>The world cares even less about apehoop than NFL tho

That's not true at all. There are professional leagues all over the world and a lot of good foreign players playing in the NBA. NBA superstars routinely tour China the same way your European soccer teams do (although of course without quite as big of a reception). When it comes to international popularity, the NFL doesn't come even close to basketball. Or even baseball for that matter.
>>
>>77206589
A lot of White people still watch the NFL, at least until Tom Brady retires.
>>
>>77206988
Do people play a lot of football outside the school/college?
>>
>>77207061
Nah, calling bullshit.

Super Bowl is broadcast in Germany every year.

Nobody gives a flying fuck or even broadcasts apehoop here.
>>
>>77206787
this

NFL is the only sport really that you can watch - even if you didn't play it - two teams who are not going to the playoffs and you have no interest in whatsoever and not get bored to tears.

Football games are a thing, they're an event. they own a day of the week because there's only 1 a week for most teams and only 16 the entire season.
>>
>>77206988
he's right, 95% of the people watching football have never played it, that's what makes it so good. no other sport has that kind of % of people watching it.

Baseball is watched almost solely by people who played it, lucky for them most kids play little league early on.

There's just something about human nature that makes watching things we have done, being done by other people, more interesting than things we HAVENT done, because we can relate.
>>
>>77207084
>Nobody gives a flying fuck or even broadcasts apehoop here.

Germany isn't the entire world. Typical insular Germans, think everything revolves around them.
>>
>>77207160
The NBA used to be huge here. Now nobody gives a shit about it. However the NFL, which nobody cared about, is making a huge splash. Not least because of fantasy football.
>>
>>77206623
It's on its way to be pussyfied to the point of no return though.
>>
>>77206632
>the last two minutes of clock take 30 minutes to play out
>>
>>77206936
The salary cap decreased ya dingis. The playoff were all sweep to the finals.
>>
>>77207160
>Typical insular Germans, think everything revolves around them.

We're the second or third most important country in the world, so, yes
>>
>>77207435
>second or third

More like fifth or sixth
>>
>>77207435
lol
>>
>>77207278
>The salary cap decreased

No it didn't.
>>
File: 1332925938941.png (242KB, 506x556px) Image search: [Google]
1332925938941.png
242KB, 506x556px
>>77207477
>>77207473
>>77207471
Butts are hurt.
>>
>>77207435
The entire EU combined would only be third Hans
>>
>>77207072

yes, but its touch/flag football

no protective equipment
>>
>>77206658
Utah,California and New York
>>
>>77207510
This

1. Amerifats
2. Bongs
3. (((EU)))
>>
>>77207581
> Utah
No, they like football more still. Jazz are irrelevant

>California
Nope, raiders and 49ers

> new York
Nope, bills and giants are massive
>>
>>77206589
yes are you stupid?
>>
>>77206936
>far surpasses the nfl
wow its nothing, nfl viewer count still shits on your stupid internet number
>>
>>77207632
> NBA internet viewers
Kek that's just a way for them to justify nogs who don't have cable streaming it on reddit.
>>
why is this even a thread?
americans love fatball, only apes like basketball
only sport i ever excelled at was basketball, and thats because im tall and skinny
even i know that basketball is a shitty sport
>ran by jews, blatantly ran by jews
>focuses on individuals
>there is literally one/two good teams a decade
>random lottery kek
>teams tank to win the random lottery
>its literally rigged, look at the kings vs lakers west conf finals in 2001 or whichever year it was

i dont like fatball either, i mean only because its not something id personally be able to play
me being able to play a sport falls into whether or not i will enjoy watching it, unlike the overweight neckbeard posters of /nba/ and other generals
>>
>>77206589
NFL > mlb > NBA
And i'm not even american
>>
>>77207435
I'll allow an argument for third (although that's highly debatable) but second is nonsensical. There is no rational way you could think Germany is more globally important than the US or China.
>>
>>77207581
>Utah
Either you love BYU or the Utes here, fair few Denver lovers as well, but it's mainly a college football scene, particularly in SLC where I live
>>
>>77207479
Yes it did, by around 2.3 million. It's the reason Danny pawned off Bradley & Olynyck to clear Hayward.

Google it.
>>
>>77207012
You fags keep trying to bring this into existence but too dumb to realize most stars in the mlb are young as fuck with even more younger stars coming out of farm systems every year. I supposed this will be the last wave of young players to play baseball right? Even the little league ws is pretty relevant, relevant enough to be aired on shitty espn, but still.

Decades from now people will be saying the same shit about baseball and nothing
drastic will have changed. Baseball is doing just fine.Keep projecting though.
>>
>>77207584
>Bongs 2nd
Put China at 2 and it's correct
>>
>>77206589

who is this?
>>
hockey > basketball > football > baseball
>>
>>77207581
Utah seems like a random state to point out. But it's all college football there.

California is huge so they have big fanbases in all sports. But I'd say the Raiders are king over anything else in the state, even the Warriors. The Giants and Dodgers might still be bigger than the Warriors actually.

New York is Giants, Yankees before anything else. The Knicks come close but they're so incompetent it's hard to root for them
>>
File: bill clinton my wife.jpg (85KB, 1200x673px) Image search: [Google]
bill clinton my wife.jpg
85KB, 1200x673px
Nba:
1. 95% niggers
2. The one white guy they let play was a European who infected the NBA with flopping
3. its not competitive, every year its lebron and the lebrons vs golden gay warriors
>>
>>77206619
vk.com[slash]mirukawa

russian lesbian weeb
>>
>>77208072
it's hilarious how desperate and delusional boreball fans have become
>>
>>77206589
College Football is more popular the both of them.
College Football stadiums are usually twice the size of NFL stadiums and attendance is full THE WHOLE SEASON. Now keep in mind that most College teams are in po-dunk tiny towns instead of the largest cities in their states like NFL teams.
College football is king here, the only places that don't like it are Jew York and Jew England
>>
>>77206589
No idea, both are shit so I don't understand any of it.
>>
File: 46b18bbfed45becc8c1b014863f898ab.png (162KB, 433x1253px) Image search: [Google]
46b18bbfed45becc8c1b014863f898ab.png
162KB, 433x1253px
>>77211131
Sure thing buddy, keep telling yourself that
>>
File: OHIO-STATE-U.jpg (86KB, 676x342px) Image search: [Google]
OHIO-STATE-U.jpg
86KB, 676x342px
>>77211212
>TV viewership
Typical plastic NFL fan
also note that the only games up there are title games and big rivalries. On average College earns more, from both in-stadium revenues and from tv ratings. There are ENTIRE CHANNELS that cater to single College conferences.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2012/nfl-college-attendance/

>NFL cucks being this desperate to protect their impure form of the game
>>
>>77211285
>b-but numbers aren't everything
Enjoy your shitty version of football with 500+ teams, lopsided games, shitty postseason system, and """""experts""""" deciding who plays who.
>>
>>77206936
The TV ratings for the finals maybe.
But the reality is nobody really cares about cuckhoop except for a 2 week period.
Only like 5 or 6 teams have sell out crowds
>>
>>77211340
500+
Isn't it cool?
>>
File: the boys.jpg (63KB, 590x393px) Image search: [Google]
the boys.jpg
63KB, 590x393px
>>77211340
>500+ teams
Don't see a problem here. Are you too autistic to keep track of the ridiculously simple Power 5 conferences?
>lopsided games
Kek because the communist NFL draft is a better. Teams are ACTUALLY REWARDED for playing like shit ladies and gentlemen.
>postseason
Kek only deserving teams get a chance at the national title in college, it's not like the NFL where an inferior team that's played like shit for their 5050509852092965 regular season games can still wild card their way into the playoffs and luck their way to the """Super""" Bowl

Face f a m, the NFL is corporate, plastic, trash.
It has no soul, no spirit, no tradition. College is the true light of football

Even when college fans go to NFL stadiums, the whole atmosphere is uplifted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78X6K4ie3CI
>>
>>77206658
>>77206751
What about NC? Duke and UNC are two huge CBB schools

Maybe Kentucky too. Louisville + Kentucky with no pro football team

>>77208588
>>77207603
>Cali
Raiders Nation is dying out, they're just an average fanbase now. The move to LV won't help. Niners a shit, Chorgers don't have fans and St Louis Rams couldn't pay people to watch their games.

GSW and Clippers have decent fans. UCLA and Lakers have always been popular and now they both have BBB
>>
File: lambeau-field.jpg (336KB, 1280x806px) Image search: [Google]
lambeau-field.jpg
336KB, 1280x806px
>>77211508
> keep track of the ridiculously simple Power 5 conferences
Sure thing! Let's watch the P5 teams pay G5 teams to schedule them so they have a cupcake win! Who cares if it's fair?
>Teams are ACTUALLY REWARDED for playing like shit ladies and gentlemen.
What's wrong with that? The 90's cowboys started like that, same with the 80's 49ers and they became dynasty's. Not like CFB, where the best teams continue to dominate and the bad teams get worse. It's better than CFB recruiting, the best gets the best talent and the worst get shit players.
>it's not like the NFL where an inferior team that's played like shit can still wild card their way into the playoffs and luck their way to the """Super""" Bowl
It also makes it more exciting, it's a called a "hot streak". If you can't beat em, tough luck.

Oh, the NFL has the best of the best and doesn't have a huge talent gap like CFB. The NFL is better period, enjoy your shitty football friend.
>>
>>77207702

More like the zillion chinese kids who, along with all other non-Americans, are the only reason the NBA is as big as it is. It's a seriously mediocre product when you get right down to it.
>>
>>77206733
NFL has more parity for a couples reasons

Number of players on the field or roster, nba players playing O and D. That's why stars have a bigger impact than in NFL

The CBAs are way different too. It's much easier to keep your players together in the NBA. Hard salary cap and no max contracts means when your rookies get paid you gotta make cut elsewhere to keep them. Just happened to the Seahawks. In the NBA you can go over the cap.

Also 7 game series vs single elimination

Make the two things even and parity/predictability would be a lot closer
>>
>>77211721
Kentucky is a state that cares more about college basketball than the NFL and NBA. That being said most Kentuckians still prefer NFL over NBA.
>>
>>77211721
OP was about NBA, not college
>>
>>77206589
The (((NBA)))'s popularity is forced and shilled so hard on (((ESPN))) and irrelevant 3rd World shitholes, it's not even the 2nd most popular sport. The only reason why it gets so much hype is because of hot takes and punchlines that don't really matter until the postseason. Otherwise, it's unwatchable garbage that most people don't take seriously as it's WWE tier at this point.
>>
>>77206894
Unfortunately niggers and swagfags do. Then again they're the same people who think WWE is real.
>>
>>77207730
This. 100% this.
>>
>ywn get to sniff mirus tight lil boipucci
>>
>>77206589
Is there a sport, in which United States, where NBA has more popular? What I am asking is, is there must exist a state, where the more fans love NBA than others?
>>
>>77206589
it's possible because NBA is the lowest quality sports product that America has to offer, which explains its popularity in europe.
>>
>>77207946
Wrong

It didnt decrease, it just didmt increase by as much as they thought it would. But it did increase.
>>
>>77206893
>brazilian flag
yea no wonder you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

The majority of americans are closet or subconcious racists. That is how Trump got elected, and that explains why it will always, always be NFL>NBA. The NFL is like a well-oiled plantation in which in the field niggers are merilessly kept in line, the house niggers are few and far between and even them are expendable at the drop of a dime. Also, the best and most important players (QB) are white, and while there are a few good white plyers in the NBA its undeniable the best players in the league are black. In the NBA the nigger bucks run wild, think of the plantation family going away and just allowing them to have free reigne. It's the prisoners running the aslym. For a non-racist like me, that creates a much more fun, free, laid back culture thatt is easy to buy into and be a part of, but for the 50% of all white american males (any sports target demographic) they are scared shitless of an empowered black man. One that isn't afraid to tell his coach to fuck off and demand that the GM fires him. Tht is jsut simply something that would never happen in the NFL and that field nigger would get taken out back old yeller style never to be heard of again on a professional roster.
tl,dr dumbass racist amerians will never suppor tthe NBA over the NFL
>>
>>77206893
>Brazilian commenting on an American sport

Yes, the NFL has many blacks, but it is far more popular with white audiences because it is not primarily played in the ghetto, like basketball. White people love football more than black people. Also, in the NBA, there is more emphasis on stars and it is more closely connected to pop-culture; therefore, more of black culture is shoved in your face. Lastly, the most important player on a football team, the Quarterback, is almost always white.
>>
>>77207089
Fuck, I can't wait for the NFL season to start upon again. Literally nothing better than waking up hungover and then realizing you can spend the whole day resting on the couch watching football.
>>
File: grills laughing.jpg (722KB, 1200x902px) Image search: [Google]
grills laughing.jpg
722KB, 1200x902px
>>77211285
>tens of millions of people watching on TV don't mean shit, our stadiums can pack in like....50,000 more people!
holy shit how fucking retarded are you which college did you go to? You....you did go to a college that you root for, right???

>omg he didn't even
>>
Jesus fuck do I hate football. Can't wait for it to rightfully die because of brain damage.
>>
>>77212536
What?!?!?
>>
File: 1489344353100.jpg (43KB, 640x624px) Image search: [Google]
1489344353100.jpg
43KB, 640x624px
>>77207584
>tfw 3rd most important country in the world
>>
nba fans are greater in overall numbers but NBA fans are more passionate that is a fact
>>
>>77213108
nfl* are greater in overall volume
>>
>>77213108
never seen any evidence to suggest that. a lot of NBA fans don't even care about teams and root for the player they want to feel inside them instead.
>>
>>77213108
Completely disagree with this. I don't see nearly the level of devotion and generational love for an NBA team as I do for an NFL team.
>>
>>77206658
California
>>
>>77213337
FUCKKKK NO

literally had to move multiple teams because niggers were killing each other over football

only to bring teams back decades later
>>
File: 1497343402082.gif (2MB, 198x195px) Image search: [Google]
1497343402082.gif
2MB, 198x195px
>Raider Nation has the biggest fanbase in California
>>
>>77206623
Booty flustered seacuck detected. I hope Campbell crushes Wilson when they play the Jags
>>
>>77206589
Yep. To add to what most others here have said, the Super Bowl is considered a fucking holiday by many as well.
>>
>>77206936
>>77206921
Nope. Tv ratings have steadily declined since the 90s. This information is readily available, the only thing that's changed are the TV deals. For some reason the networks still make more money.
>>
>>77213108
NBA fans are, by and large, bandwagoners with no passion. That's why the NBA pumps in music at every game, it would be dead silent otherwise. It's actually embarrassing

>the PA guy has to shout "D-FENSE" for the crowd to do the same
>the PA guy has to shout "Everybody Clap Your Hands!" and the crowd claps like trained seals

If you asked a non-american on /sp/ to imagine the most american sport ever, it would be the NBA.
>>
>>77213108
>muh passion
Yuro delusional tier
>>
>>77207084
How many people play American football in Germany and how many play basketball? What are you most likely to find in a park or club, a basketball court or an American football field? Which sport gets the most attendance?
I get the feeling that most people there watch the Superbowl as a show that is accompanied by a sporting event and that basketball is more popular, I might be wrong though.
>>
>>77211721
>Raiders Nation is dying out
>team is good again and ready to take the AFC throne with /b/rady leaves
>when have Raider fans ever not bled for their team?
>>
>>77212536
Fuck off Costa Rica
>>
File: 1341619539905.jpg (104KB, 613x533px) Image search: [Google]
1341619539905.jpg
104KB, 613x533px
>>77206589
>jigaboo jam
>good
>>
>>77212752
>>77212780
There's some truth here, but I'd be willing to bet it's more the quality of the product than the faces who play it.
>>
>>77216438
Shit, hit enter too early.

than the faces who play it *for most Americans.
>>
>>77213108
>Player X plays for team A
I'm a fan of team A
>Player X signs with team B
wtf I love team B now

NBA """passion"""
>>
The only people that think basketball is super popular are people who have basketball as their favorite sport

Literally any other American without delusiongoggles sees basketball as what it is: a watercooler sport catered towards talking points and kids under 20 years old that wear flat brimmed hats
>>
File: IMG_1634.jpg (102KB, 247x322px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1634.jpg
102KB, 247x322px
>>77213108
>NBA frontrunners
>"""""""passionate"""""""
>>
>>77216568
>snapbacks
FTFY
>>
>>77206589
Football is the superior sport dumdum
>>
>>77206589
Because the nature of the NFL creates much more exciting games on a week to week basis than the NBA
>>
>>77206936
The finals were up, everything else was down
>>
>>77216568
Are you implying football is a fucking gentlemen's sport?
>>
File: IMG_4240.png (6KB, 1200x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4240.png
6KB, 1200x500px
>>77206936
>tv ratings have never been higher

Why do you lie anon?
>>
File: Bruins girl.jpg (45KB, 600x597px) Image search: [Google]
Bruins girl.jpg
45KB, 600x597px
Everyone is wrong
>1. American Football
>2. Hockey
>3. MLB
>4.NiggerBall
>>
Low scoring games make for better viewing experiences because there is more randomness involved in who wins.

In basketball it's almost impossible for an inferior team to win. In NFL or yuro football it's easier for underdogs to win
>>
>>77216736
>people actually watch the games on streaming now-a-days

so he is probably right
>>
File: IMG_4241.jpg (22KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4241.jpg
22KB, 200x300px
>>77216747
>oh god a hockeyfag showed up
>>
>>77216755
You think more people watched this years shitty ass finals than Jordan's second three-peat you stupid fucking nigger?
>>
>>77216775
not more but the numbers are a lot closer than that
>>
>>77216766
>not liking the last sport white men have...
>>
>>77212752
The dumbest post I've read on spee for a while. Your deep-seated racism isn't very well hidden by your wiggerisms, pathetic lashing out at "white american males" and strawman projections.
>>
How did basketball become stereotyped as a black sport when it was invented by a Canadian white guy?
>>
>>77220274
Because it is. Basketball is the poor man's sport played by mostly poor men. You don't need even a field like with soccer, there are hoops everywhere/nail on ones are heap as fuck, and you can practice with only the ball itself.
>>
>>77220274
because the main skill in basketball is jumping and athleticism overall, and blacks excell at those
>>
>>77220933
you can use the same argument but the other way around

for basketball you need a gym and for football all you need is a ball, you can play on the street. hell, you don't even need a ball, we play with literally everything semi-shaped as a ball when kids
>>
>>77211212
>more than doubled its viewership
what the fuck how
>>
>>77212146
>it's WWE tier
(((ESPN))) is for people who know WWE is fake but still think NBA is real.
>>
File: doyer fans.jpg (497KB, 3191x592px) Image search: [Google]
doyer fans.jpg
497KB, 3191x592px
>>77206843
dodger fag here. Baseball is harder to get into since you need a field equipment and 18 kids at least to play a game against each other compared to hoops where you just need a shitty hoop and a $10 ball
>>
File: cheap tickets.jpg (210KB, 1919x1084px) Image search: [Google]
cheap tickets.jpg
210KB, 1919x1084px
>>77206938
>>
>>77216818
golf
lacross
>>
>>77207041
It's unfair to compare popularity from a guy who's been in the league maybe 5-6 years in a league with big rosters with a Lebron who's been playing like 12-13 seasons and has an entire network pushing him (ESPN). A better comparison would be say Ask people if they know Lebron and a Derek Jeter
>>
File: S Class.jpg (407KB, 800x549px) Image search: [Google]
S Class.jpg
407KB, 800x549px
>>77216818
>>77226827
Don't forget yachting.
>>
NBA, MLB and NHL all suffer from the same problem of too many games.

82+ and 160+ games is just too fucking many. When people watch sports, they like to feel as though they spent their 3 hours watching something that has actual importance to it. The NFL's 16 game season is perfect for this.
>>
>>77212752
Nothing wrong with being racist. Unless you're a cuck
>>
>>77208588
>Raiders are king
Not even close. They've never even been able to own the market they play in. Neither the Bay Area (it's always been Niners or Giants) nor Los Angeles (Lakers all day long). They'll have a good shot in Vegas, since their only competition will be an NHL team. But who knows how big of a draw they'll be after the novelty wears off.
>>
>>77216747
Hockey doesn't deserve to be in the conversation. When it comes to major sports leagues in the US (professional and amateur), it's:

1. Football

2. Baseball
3. Basketball

4. D1 College football
5. Hockey

6. D1 College basketball
7. Soccer
8. NASCAR
>>
Football is ingrained into American culture that basketball has never achieved and probably never will

The NBA is popular with only a fraction of our country's population primarily because of the controlling presence of nigger culture in the sport. The sport's popularity with whites pretty much died with Larry Bird decades ago

NBA players are divas which is an attitude something that niggers embrace but other races don't which also affects the popularity of the sport

NBA is boring, the smash mouth era of the sport is gone now, replaced by flopping and threes whereas the NFL is a game of chess and even a game between two bad teams can have highly memorable moments
>>
>>77227388
interesting
>>
File: 1500600772000.png (170KB, 630x526px) Image search: [Google]
1500600772000.png
170KB, 630x526px
>watchin 3 hours of commercial

I hope you're not doing that.

Also

All sports that african-americans are good at will be praised in America, thats why they hate football so much.
>>
Fat Americans =NFL
basketball americans = NBA
normal americans = hockey
old americans = baseball
>>
>>77231527
>normal americans = hockey
When did we annex Canada?
>>
>>77231572
i thought canada was a joke made up in South Park
>>
>>77231527
Oh yes I'm sure this Jungle Monkey knows all about America .
>>
>>77212752
Damn flawless logic
>>
File: 193.jpg (128KB, 864x622px) Image search: [Google]
193.jpg
128KB, 864x622px
>>77206589
>tfw your country loves an american sport more than americans themselves
>tfw your entire country is naturally disadvantaged at it and its games consists almost entirely of imports
>>
>>77232394
Kek
>>
>>77212752
Racism is not a bad thing.
>>
the NBA is less popular than the MLB
>>
>>77207084

>Super Bowl is broadcast in Germany every year.

while I would like to imagine American football is popular in Germany, I bet it's really just because of all the US military bases
>>
>>77232394
Why pynos are such americans bootlickers?
>>
>>77236972
Cause we saved them from the Nips. Duh
>>
How can anyone watch the NBA?

This is pretty much how it goes: SQEAK SQEAK SQEAK SQEAK SQEAK FLOP. TIMEOUT.

Also, the last 2 minutes of game clock take about 30 excruciating minutes.

Baseball is more action packed.
>>
>>77206658
Kentucky
>>
>>77237073
University of Kentucky basketball isn't the NBA, anon.
>>
>>77237143
You're right. I just meant that basketball is more popular than football here but yeah not the NBA
>>
>>77227327
College football is way more popular than apehoop if I'm being quite honest
>>
>>77206623
Not with cam Newton bitch ass trying to get fouls when he gets hit
>>
>>77206589
I only watch march madness and nba playoffs/finals the rest is just boring
>>
>>77237416
>Cam Newton has the nerve to suggest that some of his fellow celebrities (e.g. Colin Kaepernick) are acting childish
>Black people hate him now
>the only independent-thinking man of the outspoken black celebrity clique is a villain
why.png
>>
>>77211131
Falso
>>
>>77231527
>normal americans = hockey

Lol nobody watches hockey
>>
>>77231506
I doubt that if you only count when the ball is in play then maybe
>>
>>77237448
good for you
>>
File: marchy.jpg (51KB, 477x640px) Image search: [Google]
marchy.jpg
51KB, 477x640px
>>77211212
is Boston the most meme city, and by extension, is Mass. the most meme state? I mean the population here is like a twentieth of California
>>
>>77237064
raycist
>>
NFL is much more popular. I think the main reason is that the NFL has really done well at getting fans to watch teams outside of their city. No other sport in the US really has that going on quite like the NFL does.
>>
>>77206790

No way the pacers are more popular than the colts.
>>
The NFL is without a doubt the most important and beloved sport in the nation by a wide margin. THe NBA gets around half the fans of the NFL and the vast majority of NBA fans are also NFL fans
>>
>>77237064
good one, Jonsi
>>
>>77208588
>the Raiders are king in California
absolutely incorrect. Either the Lakers, Giants or Dodgers depending on the year are the most popular single teams. But that's only because the state is so fragmented that the Niners and Raiders split Native-born fans and there's a tremendous amount of first-generation Californians who hold NFL allegiances in other sports. I grew up in California and my best friends were a Bears fan, a Rams fan (when they were in St. Louis), an Eagles fan and Cardinals fan. There were obviously large amounts of Raider and Niner fans but I think it was pretty even actually, they both had prolonged periods of success in different time periods in almost the exact same place for the most part so they really did split down the middle. In my experience the poor people in my school were Raider fans and the more affluent families were Niner fans
>>
>>77206829
It's the only thing that Ohiofags have to look forward to honestly.

t. Michigan fan in Ohio
>>
>>77206623

>flag
>20 yard penalty, first down
>>
>>77212173
>who think WWE is real
thought it was football hill billies
>its still real to me dammit
>>
>>77236930
so then anti white is good too right
>>
Nba is the only american thing worth watching
>>
>>77212752
true ....football is sjw hub now with pink uniforms for breast cancer or baody shaming for girls or ray rice domestic violence.
NBA its who gives a fuck, play ball and go crazy.
>>
>>77248596
if you aren't white, fucking dingus
>>
>>77212780
>White people love football more than black people

That's very true. I've never seen black people get nearly as excited over football, or any sport really, as white people. They just play it to get momma out da hood
>>
>>77206658
North Carolina, Indiana and Kansas. States with historically awful college/pro football but good college basketball programs are hoops states.

basketball is gay
>>
American morons dont realize that basketball is the 2nd most popular sport in the world.
Check out how many followers on facebook, youtube etc the NBA has.
After soccer basketball is the 2nd in terms of audience.
nFlAgs BTFO
>>
>>77206589
becuase america has a lot of retards
>>
>>77206899

Has anyone else pointed out yet that Matt Holiday is kissing Brett Gardner on the head in this pic?

>A clone of my own!
>Now neither of us will be virgins!
>>
>>77254060
k
>>
>>77206589
She's cute
>>
>contact team sport
>non contact team sport
Its a no fucking brainer.
Basketball and Soccer are the two gayest fucking sports in existence.
>>
>>77206658
California, Indiana, New York

Shit, that was easy. And if you count high school basketball, pretty much every Midwestern state counts.
>>
File: 1476645987893.jpg (35KB, 714x563px) Image search: [Google]
1476645987893.jpg
35KB, 714x563px
>>77213108
>but NBA fans are more passionate that is a fact

I have literally never met an American would was a passionate fan of the NBA, lots of casual fans though.

Meanwhile I have witnessed fights break out between NFL, MLB and College Football fans.
>>
File: 23VTPW20FP5QV07W-l.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
23VTPW20FP5QV07W-l.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>77207581
New York is a baseball town.
>>
>>77261270
>>>/r/eddit
>>
File: 1470518580580.png (32KB, 656x734px) Image search: [Google]
1470518580580.png
32KB, 656x734px
>>77264171
>California
>this thread

people keep forgetting that the Dodgers and Giants are in California.

CA is also fucking huge on youth and college-football. It's where quarter-backs come from.
>>
>>77206589
NFL is perfect for casual fans and caters to the widest demographic. Also NBA is blacked and some people just cant put up with that, myself included. Going to a game is fucking awful. constant awful music, mediocre performances between every break in play, constant scoreboard shenanigans, it's really not a good experience for somebody who wants to focus on watching basketball. I haven't enjoyed attending NBA games since I was around 20. NBA fans are also the worst between all major sports and it isn't close. not anything you wouldn't expect based on their marketing. They are immature, stupid, and generally have no set favorite team. They constantly argue about player rankings and wholeheartedly believe the most retarded narratives about players and teams. They treat the league like a soap opera, always coming up with absurd assumed motivations and bullshit reasons to justify their hot takes and conspiracy theories. Any /nba/ thread is just a microcosm of this and proves it.
>>
>>77265570
>typing all that
lmao kill yourself
>>
>>77206751
NBA isn't even the most popular sport in Cleveland, let alone Ohio.
>>
>>77207581
NBA is actually #3 in NY because baseball is the most popular sport here then the NFL then the NBA. To be fair all 4 sports leagues are very popular here. I theorize it's partly to do with the Northeast having almost 0 big college athletics with wide fanbases (as private schools such as the Ivy League are big here) so the difference is made up by all 4 leagues being popular although baseball is legitimately the most popular on a professional level.
>>
File: Cz4IFwQUkAA_bLE.jpg (110KB, 764x551px) Image search: [Google]
Cz4IFwQUkAA_bLE.jpg
110KB, 764x551px
>>77265592
He's right you know
>>
>>77265592
>nba cuck
>>
>>77265250

>implying that means passion

Fighting over something you dont own or partake in isnt passion, thats niggerdom you stupid nigger

>>77265729
>>77265924

Not an argument. NBA fans are better people than NFL Fans. Fact
>>
File: sports league by revenue.jpg (142KB, 1600x994px) Image search: [Google]
sports league by revenue.jpg
142KB, 1600x994px
>>77206589
>Is NFL really more popular than NBA in Amurica?
>>
File: CFL-Open-Tryouts.jpg (126KB, 1931x1095px) Image search: [Google]
CFL-Open-Tryouts.jpg
126KB, 1931x1095px
>>77265570
>NFL
>Casual fans
zone, man, gap blitzes with different positioning, prevent, corner blitzes, dozens and dozens of variations of offense vs defense on every single position player on EVERY SINGLE DOWN is a full on war of O vs D
a dozen men clashing in violent confrontation each with his own job, scheme and order to out perform the other man
>every other sport
man or zone
no schemes
no x's and o's
just a venn diagram way to diagnose and read "plays"
aggressive D or prevantative D is about it
making plays depends entirely on ball placement

come the fuck on. NBA, MLB, Rugby, Cric, to a lesser extent Hockey fans are the casuals

>I would honestly take the canuck football league over being a fan of other sports
>>
>>77227327
College football makes way more domesitcally than the NBA. The only reason NBA has more money is licensing with other countries.
Thread posts: 216
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.