[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is the worst sports injury /sp/ has suffered. I got two

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9

File: 1499654765769.jpg (805KB, 2001x1640px) Image search: [Google]
1499654765769.jpg
805KB, 2001x1640px
what is the worst sports injury /sp/ has suffered.

I got two teeth knocked out in baseball practice when some fag threw his bat.
>>
i got a stomach ache eating too many hotdogs at a ball game once
>>
>>77035264
Broke my tibia in soccer.
>>
>>77035264
obesity and diabeetus.
>>
my middle finger almost got torn off, we could see the bones
>>
Over use injuries from swimming or cross country/track.

Nothing really interesting.
>>
>>77035285
soccer?
>>
File: 20170709_215100.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170709_215100.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I've broken 6/10 of my fingers and most weren't ever set back properly so I have mangled meme hands
>>
Attitude era back when
>>
>>77035318
>burger health care.
>>
>>77035318
Live long and prosper m8
>>
>>77035264
some dislocated finger/hand bones that never got fixed and are now permanently dislodged

>I was diving to recover a fumble in "touch' (i.e. shove) football
>I succeeded
>but at what cost...
>>
File: 1497927098890.jpg (101KB, 680x1102px) Image search: [Google]
1497927098890.jpg
101KB, 680x1102px
>>77035264
Dislocated my kneecap, tore patella tendon and meniscus while playing soccer on an uneven field

>Mfw the Brits, Irish and Aussies I was playing with accused me of diving
>>
>>77035301
yeah, the ball was sitting in the goal area after a corner, i tried to slide tackle it and my hand got stuck under some guy's cleats
>>
>>77035264
>Clip-in binding popped loose on a double-black diamond run in near frozen condition, caught an edge on my snowboard and tumbled 300' feet before I hit a tree. Femur broken in two places and cracked coxal. Spent 6 weeks in bed.

>Playing dodge-ball in third grade gym class and jumped to avoid a hit, clipped my knee on a wall mounted chalkboard and shattered my kneecap like broken glass. The single most painful experience of my life.

>Trying to land a backflip on a trampoline and an obnoxious Chad double-jumped just as I was coming down. The upforce cracked my tibia and it poked through the skin on my shin.

>CB in soccer and I rushed the near post on a corner kick for a cheeky near post diving header but got kicked square in the teeth. Lost 2 of them.

>Mountain biking with friends and was doing a descent way to fast, hit a tree root, endo'd straight over the handlebars and knocked myself out cold. My friends say I was out for 10 minutes and woke up singing "Sing us a song Mr. Piano Man"
>>
Broke my hand playing football in highschool. Played running back. Stiff armed a kid, got my finger stuck in his facemask. When I got tackled my hand and his helmet went different directions. Ended up dislocating the ring finger, crushed 2 metacarpals, and literally ripped the first knuckle of my middle finger off. Middle finger was snapped in half hanging by skin.
>>
ACL rupture, dislocated kneecap, torn MCL and PCL, small fractures in the knee joint, torn cartilage. All in the one moment.
>>
Broken clavicle
Numerous knee, ankle and finger sprains
Scar tissue in my neck
>>
>>77035701
>All in the one moment.
Damn, tf happened?
>>
>>77035264
Lol that is not a sports injury. You just got hit with a bat
>>
Worst thing that ever happened to me was a bloody nose in a soccer match during P.E. class. Tried to headbutt the ball but it landed on my nose.

I was back in the game five minutes later but I looked like Rudolph with how red my nose was.
>>
i have an amputated leg from a skiing accident. lost my leg from the kneecap down.
>>
Worst and most painful ones are a torn groin muscle and two mild concussions, all from >finnish goaltending
>>
>>77035908
Post pics of your leg and parrot
>>
Broken wrist doing martial arts, bad knees and right shoulder from years of tennis, wrenched my back more times than I can count playing golf.
>>
Two things stand out to me.
In middle school I broke my foot during hockey practice, and during a 10m air rifle event I got shot in my cheek (went straight through one side but no dental damage) by some dumbass who shouldn't have been there.
>>
Lacerated kidney, lacrosse
>>
>>77035264

Internal hemorrhaging. The veins and arteries supplying blood to my intestines were cut and I almost bled out internally. Ending up losing 16 inches of intestines, part of my colon, my appendix, my gallbladder, and part of my stomach. They had to rewire my digestive system.

Was an innocuous hit, too. Helmet to stomach. Didn't even really hurt.
>>
Concussion from getting cross checked in the helmet playing lacrosse.

Also, tearing my ACL while playing lacrosse. An opposing player fell down, head first into my right knee, and it hyperextended.
>>
Toenail almost came off in soccer

pic related
>>
>>77035264
Broke both radius and ulna on my left arm.
Fell backwards playing fรบtbol, and landed weirdly with all my bodyweight on that arm.
>>
>>77036111
just pull it off, it happens with me all the time.
>>
File: 1494754161153.jpg (34KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1494754161153.jpg
34KB, 657x527px
>>77035602
Sounds bad
>>
File: IMG_20170710_001911.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170710_001911.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
Playing football i fell and broke my ring finger and now it's swollen like that and when i punch with my left hand it hurts
>>
Broke my wrist in hockey
>1st shift of game
>opponent chips into right corner
>anon goes back to retrieve puck >immediately hit from behind
>wrist bends downwards against boards
Finished out the shift then sat on the bench in pain the rest of the game. Was almost 10 years ago but if I do push ups or bench heavy I can still feel pain today
>>
Broke my clavicle
>>
>concussion when I got rocked boxing six years ago. still have daily headaches
>tore my acl completely, mesiscus and mcl playing soccer
>>
Fucked up an ACL, I was 15 and really didn't care, 20 years later my knee hurts every now and then.

When the doctor tells you to stop playing for a couple of months just fucking do it.
>>
I never got an injury and I played atleast 2 hours of football everyday until I was 18. I was built for sports, too bad I sucked at all of them.
>>
>>77035264

>Sunflower (seed) injury.

The shell went under the finger nail.
Cost me 2 games.

Lost a lot of respect that week.
>>
>>77035264
I broke my arm playing football
I passed a defender who rise up his leg and made me make a frontal roll, I fell with my arm first
I was like 11 or 12 at the time, my arm got stuck at 90ยบ
>>
Broken heart when a Chad dunked on me at my intramural basketball championship and ended up dating my gf later
>>
Torn ACL, partial tear in the MCL and meniscus tear while playing football.
>>
>>77035539
How are you not dead?
>>
>>77035539
lol can you even walk?
>>
File: 1499382939697.jpg (26KB, 712x578px) Image search: [Google]
1499382939697.jpg
26KB, 712x578px
>>77035318

C-can I s-see your dick please?
>>
>>77035318
Why did you take this photo in the bath
>>
>>77035264

obliterated my ACL playing football, still recovering from surgery.
>>
torn ACL
>>
>>77035264
Torn ACL, having it operated in 14 days
>>
>>77037910

All the best with your surgery and stay mentally strong during the rehab.
>>
>twisted both ankles going to the dressing room and falling down the stairs after a football match
>broke 7 fingers while punching people at a hooligan fight
Those were the closest to sports injuries I could remember.
>>
>>77035264
Shit my pants in PE class once.
>>
>>77038075
shat myself in walmart once but the qt cashier didn't seem to mind :)
>>
concussion in a head to head collision playing football, got knocked out and cut my brow open
i woke up covered in blood

anyway i count myself lucky, i've played football and basketball my whole life and never had knee ligaments problems despite being a lanklet

oh, i also nearly died in the mountains once but i doubt hiking is an sport
>>
Probably pulling my hammy, I don't get injured often and I can't rehab for shit because I don't have any experience with it so I played rugby every week for 20 weeks in 80 minute games that left me unable to bend my leg after I cooled down and it got cold.

I used to jog on the spot or back and forth like an autist or stretch just because I wanted to keep it warmed up.
>>
torn pcl and sprained mcl playing basketball last year

sucks bro
>>
none lol

I never got injured in my life apart from some time when I burned my foot trying to piss after a fire
>>
>so many torn ACL anons
Is this injury really common.

>>77037910
>>77037850
Take your physiotherapy really seriously and not just for the first 2 months but for 6 or so months.
I got lazy during my rehabilitation and now whenever I sprint I pull my hamstring or some shit.
Hope you guys recover well.
>>
Broke my collar-bone playing soccer. Did a bicicleta and landed on my left shoulder and felt a crunch.

Twisted my left knee six times and my right once playing soccer and hockey. Don't know what injuries I have in them though, as I only went to the hospital the first time and the doctor there said it was a stretched MCL.
>>
>>77035264
I Mattek-Sanded my right knee playing benis. Ligiment was fugged and need surgery, wich was succesful. Now my leg is 97% there
>>
>>77035264
Dislocated knee, broken knee, broken socket broken leg, torn acl from a tackle in rugby training. took 20 months to recover from
>>
>>77035539
You sound like a guy who would always be on my team. Good on you lad sacrificing your body for pick up sports #dedication
>>
Knee cartilage damage from skiing, a torn ACL in a bicycle accident (leg got caught in the frame) and a broken femur from a hard fall while playing badminton (no fucking idea how that happened). All of it happened in high school in my right leg, every single year I'd be in crutches for a few months, it became a bit of a running gag.

I'm mostly fine now.

>>77039855
Whenever your foot is firmly planted, and you abruptly rotate your upper leg there is the risk of an ACL tear. It's extremely common in skiing, fooball and most other contact sports. Pretty much the classic athlete's injury.
>>
>this thread
Never playing a sport in my life
>>
>>77044688
Shocking.
>>
>>77038032
Thanks m8, just wanna start the process desu. How is yours going (assuming you are the Finn that posted above)

>>77039855
>is this injury really common
1 out of every 3000 people injures their acl somehow so sadly it is.
>>
I broke a guy's leg on purpose once.
>>
>>77046900
explain pls, then delete
>>
>be me
>6'3 hs sophmore in basketball practice
>have to play center because everyone else on my team are manlets
>first practice of the year we do 5v5 scrimmage
>go to dunk and when I come down left leg is completely straight
>sprained my acl and patella tendon and tore cartilage
>never dunk again
Felt bretty bad
>>
>>77035264
A guy clinched to me like a fucking octopus on a rugby training and ended falling in my right feet with all his weight while it was behind from the rest of my body. I felt the ankle twisting 180ยบ for half a second, but it took me a while getting the courage to look back. Nothing broke, but I spent three months to be able to run more than ten-fifteen minutes without getting sudden violent spikes of pain running through all the bone. Also it's still pretty weak in terms of flexibility and can't handle being in weird positions like my left foot.

I also got my pinky twisted. It felt weird since I made a save in university football without gloves. About two months later one rugby ball made a strange bounce after a bad pass. I couldn't understand how the ball had slipped away, until I checked my hand five seconds later. The middle part of the finger was blue and pressed downwards, while the end part made a curve upwards. Didn't hurt at all and got it popped fast, but it sometimes feels fragile and about to break when practicing martial arts or rugby. Not hitting,of course, you do that with the part between the index and the ring. It happens on collisions, when I grab people coming at high speed
>>
>>77046141

I know that feel, but try not to be too hasty with the process, the body needs time to recover. Mine is going alright, back to light exercise. Few more months before I can play football again properly.

>>77039855
Thanks bro.
>>
Broke my nose when I went up for a header and the opposition player threw an elbow out.

Got stamped on my ankle and had my Achilles tendon snapped.

Done my ACL. That's the one that still niggles me today. Especially when the weather is cold or I've been on my feet all day.
>>
broke my nose at boxing countless times
I possibly have some degree of CTE
>>
>>77035264
Broke a wrist snowboarding, but I was just learning.

As far as real sports go, I fractured several fingers during the time I used to play as a goalkeeper. Once blocking a blooter with no gloves. Another time catching a lob with no gloves with the tip of my fingers, shit was painful as fuck. A couple times as a result of diving for the ball and getting hands stepped on as a result.
>>
>>77035264
splintered my shin and tore a few tendons during a rugby match
can't hold a ruck against three apparently
>>
>>77035415
Most ppl don't understand how fucking injury prone Football is.
>>
>>77055932
spawny pls
>>
Temporarilly (around 5 hours) got paralised from the neck down in a ski accident, was probably pretty lucky it wasn't worse.
>>
>>77058951
that's terrifying
>>
>>77035264
Got knocked out from a head clash during a rugby game.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
got a nosebleed after a douche from my class slammed my nose with the back part of his head when we're playing basketball

i broke my arm once, but it was by doing pic related on the school's goal posts, but since it isn't a sport, I don't think it counts
>>
>>77035276
It sucks when that happens.
>>77035364
You funny.
>>
Got soap in the tip of my peenor after a lacrosse game
>>
Pretty lucky I've never been seriously injured.
Few broken noses from boxing/rugby.
Concussion during a rugby game.
The most painful was when I had two of my fingers broken when trying to catch the ball in hurling. Didn't have my hurley protecting my hand properly and got whacked by the other fella.
>>
Had a small fissure in my hand between 2 fingers in rugby practice. Had to wear a cast for 3 weeks, no problem.
Twisted my left wrist while doing front squats. No biggie, it healed in like 3 weeks as well.
Back injury from not doing deadlift properly (even while lifting baby weights). Playing football and boxing during the same period probably made it worse. Couldn't practice sports for 5-6 months and got fat (83kg at 1,70m in early 2016 and I've lost it all and more by now).
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.