[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So have you guys noticed that this fight has brought out some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 275
Thread images: 28

So have you guys noticed that this fight has brought out some of the worst casuals of both sports. Mostly on mcgregors side. It makes me cringe when ever i come across one of these commets.
>>
I just assume they are baiting
>>
>>76983776
I'm an MMA fan and I know its just a publicity stunt to make tons of money, casuals are actually taking it seriously. It pisses me off too.
>>
Floyd is washed up

Second round knockout
>>
>>76984135
yeah that's what I mean those type of comments
>>
I hope the impossible happens and Floyd gets KTFO just so I can laugh at SJWs complaining about all the white people celebrating, as if it won't be because Floyd makes boxing boring with cowardly tactics.
>>
People in general simply aren't very rational. There is no chance McGregor can win. It isn't like a Super Bowl with a "big" underdog that's still composed of top professionals who can pull off an upset. It's arguably the best boxer of all time fighting someone from a completely different sport on his own terms.
>>
>>76984801
haha nice bait bro
>>
File: 1497573354545.jpg (7KB, 261x203px) Image search: [Google]
1497573354545.jpg
7KB, 261x203px
>>76984801
found the casual
>>
Vegas odds of Mayweather winning by Disqualified Opponent are literally better than McGregor winning by TKO. I want to put all kinds of money on Mayweather, but I need to spend in the thousands just to make pocket change back.
>>
>casuals of both sports
it's honestly just casuals in general
>>
When you really think about it though, Conor just needs one punch and that's it. He gets one solid punch, Ffloyd crumbles instantly (or at the next one which will be easier) and UFC make a fortune off the back of it. It's gonna be really exciting.
>>
>>76983776

All I have seen is nothing but raging niggers rooting for Mayweather.
>>
But serious question

Is this gonna be a boxing match or a MMA match?
>>
>>76988131
Boxing
>>
>>76988152

Logic says Mayweather should win based solely on the fact that it's boxing.

But my heart is telling me to pull for Mcgregor. This whole thing seems fucking stupid whichever way you put it.

It's like seeing what would happen if you pinned a pickup truck and a sports car against one another in a hauling competition. The truck would win, but not because it's overall better, but because that was the job it was designed to do.
>>
>retards don't think it will be a split decision so they can get another $100m

They will milk this for 3 fights.
>>
>Maywrather is the ultimate bad guy of boxing
>Macgregor is the ultimate cringe normie king

Whoever wins we all lose
>>
>>76983776
>Mostly on McGregor's side
Well bloody hell that's how it's going to work isn't it. Fans of him are going to be rooting for him, so they'll make up all sorts of shit as to why he can win.
Mayweather is literally 49-0, casuals can say he's gonna win and you don't bat an eye because that's the expected outcome
>>
>>76984758
Third round knockout
>>
>>76987069
>Boxer who has a 49-0 career falls from one punch.
>>
>>76998012
>Foreman is unbeatable guys
>>
>>76987069
I would rather McGregor break the rules and fucking kick Mayweather in the face and knock him out so that boxing can die already. What a stupid way to fight. It's like watching Last of thr Mohicans when the british shot at natives in a line in the open like retards. Mayweather gives up his legs constantly because of the retarded below the belt rule. I want McGregor to grab a leg, put him on his back, and knee him in the chin.
>>
>>77000537
I think there is a clause in the contract that gives McGregor significantly less money if he is disqualified, or something to that effect.
>>
>>77000591
I don't care. I just think boxing should be treated like Latin at this point. The way Mayweather "fights" is just taking advantage of the rules that you can't touch legs. He just leans back and dips. If you so much as kicked his front leg after he leans he would fall on his ass. It's just straight up not fighting, it's boxing. It just is lame to call it fighting when it isn't. We don't call wrestling fighting. Keep that shit in the olympics as an antiquity, but it should be otherwise dead.
>>
>>76983776
Just bet Floyd knockout, it's a once per decade free money shot.
>>
What is McGregor does get a lucky punch in, though?
>>
>>77000682
He won't even land a punch.
The killer for me is not this 'has no matches, not his game' shit. It's that McGregor is actual dogshit. You could get some kid with three or four years in your local gym and he'd beat this goon. He can't box for shit, and he's unbelievably slow and stiff. I've seen fucking 12 year olds that move better than him. He's not just bad, he's actively horrendous, like he does the worst thing at all times. Floyd will be in slow-mo mode, all he can do is protect the mick for a few rounds for the show.
>>
t. cringy boxing casual
>>
>>77000682
You have to hope that it's in good location and McGregor puts good weight into it. Otherwise I don't see Mayweather going down from just one hook or straight.

I think a likely outcome is that McGregor gets exhausted mid-fight, has trouble keeping his guard up and gets TKOd from some light downs.
>>
>>77000769
>>77000778
Well, glad that settles that. Thanks, m8s.
>>
At the end of the day, they're both gay.
>>
Mayweather punches that mma fucker onto the canvas.
>>
It will be the most boring fight ending with a decision for Floyd.
>>
Its the biggest fight in history

I had a dream about this fight last night
>>
>>76988230
It's because you are unconsciously racist.
>>
File: mfw the mcmeme is over.jpg (18KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
mfw the mcmeme is over.jpg
18KB, 125x125px
The funniest possible scenario is that Floyd dominates the fight and then gets robbed by the judges
>>
>>77000682
Keep im mind that this is Boxing so its not like Connor can finish Floyd with ground and pound. That one lucky punch (with 10 oz gloves) would have to be powerful and accurate enough to not just knock Floyd down, but knock him out completely to the point where he can't recover with a 10 count. Say what you wish about Mayweather, but his chin has been tested and proven to be solid. Additionally, his ability to survive and recover after being rocked is superb. If he could handle this, then he could handle a lucky punch from McGregor
https://youtu.be/xA7O1krogGQ
>>
Only a fool would watch this fight
>>
>>77000682
Mayweather will take it like a champ. Despite what casuals think MCgregor isn't going to put Mayweather out with a single punch. If he could then it would have already happened.

Great defensive fighter aren;t impossible to hit. Great defensive fighter are impossible to land combo's on. Canelo, Mosley, Judah, Pacquiao, etc. They all landed clean, flush, hard shots on Mayweather. Canelo hits harder than Mcgregor and with 6 oz. heavier gloves, is faster than Mcgregor.
>>
>>77001895
I assume you are a MMA fan? Mcgregor doesn/t have any influence in the monopoly that is UFC but a bad decision against Floyd in a fight where he dominated would literally get overturned the next day.
>>
>>77000653
boxing>mma
>>
>>77001852
Consciously racist desu senpai.
>>
>>77005064
bong pls
>>
This whole fight has the same feel to me as when Holly Holm fought Ronda Rousey.
Ronda was seen as some kind of invincible God in MMA that nobody would ever be able to beat. People were even making ridiculous statements like she could beat male fighters and even that she'd beat Mayweather in a fight.
Holly was coming in having been successful in another sport and people were writing her off like she didn't have a shot. In fact I believe her odds were actually longer than Conors are of beating Floyd.
In the build up to that fight Holly was training like a mad woman. She was in the gym none stop. While Ronda was taking it easy, she was training too but not anywhere near as intense as Holly and a lot of the footage of her training she was joking around, smiling, playing with animals and giving interviews.
That is what is happening with this fight. Conor is training like a mad man and every interview coming from his camp is talking about how everything is being pushed to another level and Conor is doing more sessions than ever. While when I hear anything from Floyds training camp they say he is doing 1 session a day.
The upset is most certainly possible. We have seen it many times before.
>>
>>76983776
That's the whole point
>>
>>77012824
connor is white. his training isn't gonna make up for the lack of gifted genetics he has
>>
>>76998012
Ali lost, Tyson lost and Mayweather will lose.

Nobody is un beatable.. certainly not some washed up 40 year old fighter. Conor is gonna knock him out.
>>
>>76987069
floyd has been punched before are you fucking retarded

that's assuming macgregor lands even a single punch
>>
>>77012824
>Implying McGregor can get on Mayweathers level in 6 months
>>
>>77000653
nobody is making you watch nibba
>>
File: ?.gif (171KB, 515x461px) Image search: [Google]
?.gif
171KB, 515x461px
Floyd gonna whip his ass hard. I a boxing fan for 15 years. Floyd the realest in combat sports history.
>>
Mcgregor is the greatest fighter of all time

Mayweather is just some washed up nig who wins by running away
>>
Floyd will get stiff jabbed off planet earth by the left
>Right hand hospital
>Left hand cemetery
>>
Daily reminder that Mcgregor got outboxed by a guy with only 4 KO's
>>
if boxers are these autistic and leet why aren't boxers destroying MMA?
>>
>>77000653
How many tap out shirts do you own?
>>
>>77000653
no fight in a controlled environment can be considered true fighting
>>
File: 1490754322068.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490754322068.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>76983776
I'm kinda afraid the judges or money pull some shit and throw the fight.
If I get the courage or get drunk, I'll put everything I can against casuals that rate mcguber.
>>
>Implying whites ever beat blacks in boxing.
>>
File: tmt3.jpg (287KB, 533x400px) Image search: [Google]
tmt3.jpg
287KB, 533x400px
>>77014584
why would a good boxer go to MMA and get paid 100x less?
>>
>>77014584

Boxers spend their entire life perfecting a single skill. MMA fighters spend their life learning a little of everything. Some are specialized in one or two styles of fighting.
Basically, it all boils down to where they are fighting. If they fight were MMA style, McGregor would turn Floyd into a raisin.
>>
>>76987069
All Pacquiao needs is one punch. All De la Hoya needs is one punch. All Canelo needs is one punch. McGoober can't even throw a fucking knockout punch, much less land it
>>
>>77000653
>MMA match
>Oh shit, my opponent is down, stomp on him like 99% of people would intuitively do in that situation
>LOL sorry that's illegal
Yeah, that's some real "fighting" you have there. Also, notice how your OWN fans boo when fights go to the ground? Striking (especially boxing) is all that MMA fans really want to see. Nobody, not even people who pay thousands for UFC tickets, wants to watch faggot shit grappling and wrestling in real life. Wrestling is so incredibly lame and unappealing that it got temporarily dropped from the 2020 Olympics due to lack of interest, which is really something when you consider some of meme tier sports like racewalking that are included.

http://www.espn.com/olympics/wrestling/story/_/id/8939185/ioc-drops-wrestling-2020-olympics
>>
I've never understood the appeal of boxing or mma. Why pay for ppv when they have the same shit for free on worldstar?
>>
>>77001841
Floyd has never fought ANYONE like Conor before. I'm predicting a late rounds technical decision.
>>
>>77015471
UFC and other MMA brands seem to get a lot of play on big screen televisions at bars and restaurants. Every time I watch one while at such a place it always turns into a twitching, shuffling man-ball event and I immediately look to the audience to see people shrugging, striking up unrelated conversations, and using their smartphones.
>>
There is no argument here. McFaggot is gonna get destroyed by the fucking nig, and I am not even a fan of that prick. It is like comparing Ronaldo with Messi, just very retarded people would ever have hopes for the portuguese fag
>>
>>76983776
guys mcgregor is in his head
he's got a puncher's chance
he's just gotta land the left
floyd is fucking 40
hasn't knocked out anyone in 10 years
and he has trouble with southpaws
mcgregor is a young lion
conor in the second
bet your paycheck on it
>>
>>76983776

As an Irishman (working in London) I really hope Mayweather KO's McGregor.

He is a knacker incarnate. Absolute filth that needs taking down a huge peg or 4. A broken jaw would do lovely, so he cannot talk or eat solid food for months so we dont have to hear his shite again.
>>
>>77017218
Don't you worry, paddy freind. In a boxing ring the bearded cunt is a toy for the older nig. 110% of chances you are gonna enjoy the carnage.
>>
>>76986190

Some oddsmakers are giving excellent odds on McGregors o/u Punches Landed. Might be worth a look. Personally if he landed more than 30 punches and still lost the fight, I would consider that a McGregor upset.
>>
>>77017320
Mc Faggot can not punch properly, m8

He can throw hands that will never land of the nigger, and that it about it
>>
Irishman will be spitting teeth cause that niggah is too much of a master of that game.
>>
>>77026363

unless blatant riggin', much this
>>
>>76983776
Who cares what casuals think?
>>
>>77000653

Are you allowed to shoot someone during an MMA match? Can you eye gouge?

Every fighting league has rules, so what the fuck is your point?
>>
>>77035888
MMA and a street fight are 2 different things.
>>
File: kovalev-vs-ward-ss-04.jpg (139KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
kovalev-vs-ward-ss-04.jpg
139KB, 750x500px
>>77015376
>>
>>77000591
If he kicked Floyd and got DQ'ed he would make a fuckton of money anyway just from the sheer cojones doing that would take
>>
>>77013230
>blacks are stronger than whites meme
>>
>>77003879
Pacquiao, one of boxing's biggest stars just got robbed in a decision against a literal who. It happens when there's money to be made. No doubt Bob Arum's boys made a tidy profit betting on the underdog in that fight. Floyd's old enough now to where they could make it seem believable that he actually lost a close decision. I'm no MMA shill either. Been a fan of boxing since I was a kid, but the sport is absurdly corrupt. Mark my words, Mayweather won't even get a unanimous decision. It'll be a majority or split decision because most boxing fans will bet on a UD like they did with the Canelo-Mayweather fight. Look how that one turned out. Floyd dominated but one judge still had it for Canelo.
>>
>>77013798
Neither of those fighters you listed lost to 1 punch. Especially from some goober that never boxed professionally.
>>
>>77000653
MMA is not even close to fighting. You want REAL street fighting? Go to the hood and slap some black dude.
>>
File: 1499344868477.jpg (94KB, 916x796px) Image search: [Google]
1499344868477.jpg
94KB, 916x796px
plot twist: Floyd mauls him, then knocks him the fuck out so badly they rematch in the Octagon for 500m. Floyd does it again.
>>
my favourite is when casuals claim McGregor has a chance because he's "unorthodox"

nigga there's absolutely nothing that Mayweather wouldn't have fought against before unless its so bad he can formulate a strategy against it instantly
>>
>>76987069
if Mosleys hardest punch doesn't hurt floyd one bit, conor won't be able to do anything
>>
>>77013798
Your knowledge is so limited and your arguments are so naïve that I don't know where to start with you, ausfag
>>
>>77043160
>in the Octagon
the irish nigger would have a fat chance, but in the ring not in a thousend fights
>Floid will never step in the octogon to fight McFaggot. Always remember this
>>
File: PepePack2.png (564KB, 534x711px) Image search: [Google]
PepePack2.png
564KB, 534x711px
This is how the fight will go.
>Floyd will jab a lot to the body.
>When connor misses Floyd will punish him to the body even more
>Corner will get tired somewere between 4-6 rounds.
>Floyd walks him down and knocks him out like a boss
>Floyd takes out his nuts and puts them in Corners mouth
>>
>>77043370
hopefully conor quits like a bitch

can't see mayweather knocking him out with a big punch but the sheer volume of body shots will make him succumb
>>
>>77043210
>nigga there's absolutely nothing that Mayweather wouldn't have fought against before

Except a boxer who wasn't literally who, way past their prime or coming back from retirement? The only reason Gayweather is taking part in this meme event is because people are starting to forget him already and those that haven't know he's a fraud. There's the odd exception like yourself of course, but you're the type of goy who'll pay full price to watch it on box office.
>>
>>77043415
just look at how god damn clumsy Conor looks when throwing punches. The carnage is gonna be real
>>
>>77043500
haha there's no way im paying for this shit

dont pay for fights out of principle but if i did id pay for canelo v ggg instead
>>
>>77043500
He's in it for the money. He knows tons of people will buy the fight hoping to get to see him lose. Same as they've done for all his previous PPV fights.
>>
>>77043800
>He's in it for the money.
all pro boxers are in it for the money. ffs
>>
>>77043926
what about rigo?
>>
>>77043947

he can skip the money and go straight for the pussy
>>
>>77012824
well to be fair, Ronda's strategy was pretty much of bullrushing to clinch where she managed to do her thing. Her boxing was never even adequate.
Just some point she began concentrating more to boxing and I guess she actually believed that douche coach of her's she can beat anyone standing up.

Conor is very different beast though.
Well it should be obvious at this point Floyd has seen all in the ring and walked the walk.
I guess main question would be could Conor bring something to ring Floyd has NOT seen?

Boxers tend to have some certain types of stances and "rulebook" how to fight. MMA boxing obviously takes inspiration from those while developing techniques due to multidimension of MMA standup.

As a layman and enthusiast I think Conor's only chance is to be wild, show something Floyd has no experience in and keep him guessing while keeping ridiculous pace.
There is just no way for Conor to win if he just fought like a traditional boxer.
>>
>>76983776

Wow, turns out MMA fans are idiots. Who knew? With an intelligent spokesman like Joe Rogan and Dana White I never could have seen this coming.
>>
>>77044039
>As a layman and enthusiast I think Conor's only chance is to be wild, show something Floyd has no experience in and keep him guessing while keeping ridiculous pace.
Marcos Maidana did exactly that, it was no use. Maidana shaked Floyd a bit but that's it. And Conor is not Maidana.
>>
>>76983776
>all the redneck inbred mma fans pawning their sister-wife's engagement rings to shell out the $90 to watch mcmeme flail and miss punches for 2 hours

its like Christmas
>>
>>77043160
>Floyd doing anything in the octagon
He gets turned into a pretzel inside half a minute, Mohammed, and that's if the mick decides to stretch first.
>>
>>77048401
I thought clinton killed all the serbs like 20 years ago
>>
haha who even is flyod marryweather

conor will KO him round one, guaranteed.

stay salty, casuals
>>
The best case scenario for this fight is conor smashing Floyd with a headkick or a knee/elbow in the clinch. He'll be disqualified sure, but everyone will remember a one dimensional boxer will never beat an mma fighter
>>
>>77043237
Mosley buckled Floyd's knees twice and had him on the ropes during the second round.
At welterweight.... 7 years ago
>>
>>77048525
Your bull lets you use the internet, how nice!
>>
corner doesn't even have good sparring. this is a joke.
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/6/29/15892136/meet-conor-mcgregors-sparring-partners-for-floyd-mayweather-boxing-ufc-mma
>>
>>76983776
White people need something to believe in
>>
>>77048723
And Floyd doesn't even need to sparr for this fight, a heavy bag will be enough. LOL
>>
>>77048744

oh boy they are backing the wrong horse with this one
>>
reminder boxing dies when mayweather loses

this is boxing's last gasp
>>
It's a money making fight. Why else do you think they call them prizefights? There's no doubt that Conor will get his ass handed to him, but there's a shit ton of money to be gained from this so it's really a win-win situation.
>>
>>76984135

Yeah, a second round knockout for Floyd. Easy work.
>>
>>77013798
Yeah, any decent active boxer would beat floyd. Mcgregor is not even a boxer, his training videos are a meme, his boxing skills are a meme, the man himself is a meme. I doubt meme magic will be enough to save this third rate "boxer".
>>
50-0
>>
will /sp/ finally admit that black men are superior to white men after mayweather ends this potatonigger's life in the ring?
>>
>>77049346
Maybe if he stepped into the octagon like a man and won
>>
>>77049346
reminder this is why trump won, enjoy the next 7 1/2 years ;^D
>>
>>77043054
Any mma fighter would destroy anyone on the street you mint. I'm sure a boxer would too. Or a wrestler for that matter. Someone who's trained in one art will kick someone in the streets ass. You think someone who doesn't train in all arts wouldnt? Retard.
>>
>>77035888
>>77015471
>>77015129
>>77043054

In a street fightyou know who's going to have a much easier or better opurtunity to eye gauge or rip someone's nuts off? The fucking mma fighter your retards.
>>
>>77051105
We'll if we're bringing all of that shit in who's more likely to be carrying a gun or hanging out with a squad of huge bodyguards?
>>
>>77017362
>land of the nigger

Baltimore?
>>
>>76983776

Any big fight always draws out idiots that don't know anything whether it be boxing or just fighting in general.
>>
>>77051154
You're throwing a wrench into the cog of the arguement. Absolutely someone with the gun or multiple individuals would likely win. What I'm addressing is these deluded individuals on the internet that think they will win a physical confrontation with some cheap low percentage trick that they believe would win them the fight.

A seasoned kick/boxer is going to keep some fool on the street at distance and throw shots on him constantly. He won't let them get close enough to gouge their eyes. Likely he'll drop them within a handful of punches/kicks because that fool has no idea what distance is or how to defend or roll with a punch and is going to get nailed flush.

Like wise someone who trains jiu jitsu, judo or wrestling will either take them down, knock them out with the take down, or mount/backtake and break their face in wth GNP, choke them or snap a bone.

Go ahead and try to reach out to gauge their eye while you're mounted. You just extended your arm so they can pop into an easy armbar. Snap City, hello! not defending your throat when they have your back because you're reaching blindly behind you to find their eye to try and grab it? You're choked and unconscious in seconds.

These Internet warriors are incredibly stupid and have no clue what realm they'd be entering thinking they could get away with that shit. 99% probably haven't been in a fight since they were children. All they have to fall back on is l maybe the single worse most deluded straw man argument possible to make there weak asses feel minutely badass in their unicorn dreams.
>>
>>77043370
>>77043415

why would body shots knock conor out you fucking clowns?

if the brightest and best in the UFC can go no holds barred on him trying to knock him out, and fail miserably at it, them there no fucking chance body shots from a boxer with massive gloves on can do it. dont be fucking retarded
>>
>>77051921
Because the best and brightest UFC stars don't get to tee off on Conor's ribs with impunity for a solid 30 minutes like Floyd is going to be able to do once he figures out Conor's timing by the second round.
>>
>>77042868

Stop with the "pacman got robbed meme" NOW

He had no ring control for almost the entire fight. Horn dictated where and how the engagements took place, and all Manny did was respond or give ground. The 9th round everyone talks up was sloppy headhunting and looks pathetic on rewatch. The two consecutive headbutts he threw in the first clinch of that round are what cut horn's forehead and stunned him enough for many to unload on him, and he still couldn't get a knockdown in.

Sure he landed more punches, but "clean and effective" was the criteria, and nothing short of ugly ass, untrained looking armed haymakers was hurting horn. Horn wasn't clean, but he was effective, he set the pace and he showed actual desire to fight. Manny didn't seem to realise he was in a fight until the 5th round. Part of the reason horn's hit percentage was shit was also that Manny seemed to show almost no interest in returning punches and ran for most of the fight.

He's half boxer, half corrupt politician, and entirely washed up.
>>
Conor is going to win easily by TKO in round 1 or 2. Floyd is 40 and looks like dogshit. Conor is going to be diving in throwing haymakers and he's too fast and powerful for Mayweather to run away. /sp/ will implode when it happens.
>>
>>77049346
>implying irish are white or even people.
Gross.
>>
>>77014584
Boxers make more money boxing.

And it is not because you are elite in one aspect of the game that you will be a great MMA fighter.

Roger Gracie was to BJJ what Mayweather was to Boxing. His MMA career was not great.
Satoshi Ishii is an Olympic Gold Medalist in Judo. His MMA career is not great.
Semmy Schilt is one of the greatest kickboxers ever. His MMA career was not great.
>>
File: CANELO BODYSHOT.webm (928KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
CANELO BODYSHOT.webm
928KB, 480x480px
>>77051998
I actually think Floyd wins on a body shot too. MMA fighters almost never go to the body. body punching is even less used in mma than the jab. Conor will have almost no defense for it and likely not conditioned to take it well physically or mentally. Look at this brief sparring clip @ 10 sec. Floyd is thinking body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYIspCe88Ro
>>
>>77042868

The WBO review had Horn winning again, keep crying.
>>
I can't wait for MMA to die.
>>
>>76983776
I got an extra ticket to tomorrow's press conference at the staples center.

Any casual interested?
>>
>>77052247
MMA fighters take worst kicks to the body than punches
>>
>>77052721
body kicks are rare and easier to see coming and block than punches. its not comparable.
>>
>>77049039
Boxing in its modern form has been around for 200-400 years depending on which establishment of rules are counted. It has survived being banned at one time or another in almost every developed nation. It has endured incredible attempts to corrupt and subvert it by organized crime. It has remained present and useful throughout every popularity spike of various martial arts and combat sports like Chinese kung fu, karate, tae kwon do, and Brazilian JuJutsu. It's even survived a glut of thoughtless brutes who only have knockout power and eschew any kind of technique of the Sweet Science yet become famous among casuals.

Boxing is alive and well and ain't going anywhere. After MMA undergoes a series of substantial rules overhauls to keep it profitable and entertaining for business health, boxing will still be remarkably well-preserved.
>>
>>77052754
this anon knows the score. The power and swiftness of a liver shot is terrifying. Conor must glue his right elbow to his liver area or is gonna puke his guts.
All Mc Faggot fags, check this out, please: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxqrQuMskEI
>>
>>77000653
>He just leans back and dips.
If it's that simple how come no one has beat him? If no professional boxer in the past 20 years could do it what makes you think mcgregor can do it?
>>
>>77015734
You're right, he never has fought an amateur boxer in a professional bout before. What makes anyone think McGregor would even last 12 rounds at Mayweathers pace?
>>
Idk why boxing fags are so mad, your shits a dying sport thanks to that bald pussy.

I know he doesn't always run around the ring but vs Paqiuao that was some pussyshit, nigga was scared of a 5'9 Philipino only cared about his career and not pride in his skill. You Mayweather fags can defend him all you want the fact is the whole world still likes Paqiuao more
>>
>>77057803

I wager at least 80% of boxingfags itt are not Floydfags (surely I am not), but the beating that fucking irish nigger is gonna get is gonna be something to remember for decades. You'll see.
>>
i hope mcgregor walks forward to touch gloves then ko's mayweather with a heel kick just to see the entire /sp/ catalog be nothing but threads about it
>>
The fact that this is a 12 round fight is monumentally stupid
>>
>>77051921
>brightest and best in the UFC
what a claim to fame that is
also
>10 ounce gloves
>massive
take your own advice buddy
>>
>>77057914
like the bearded fag is gonna make it to the 4th or something...
>>
>>77057951
He will quit on his stool around the 8th. Screencap this post but don't copy.
>>
File: things to come.png (26KB, 790x121px)
things to come.png
26KB, 790x121px
>>77057997
>He will quit on his stool around the 8th
I think you are being really optimistic on McFag's fate

>Screencap this post but don't copy.
ok
>>
>>77002812
There is no difference in cushioning and force output between the weights of gloves. It has literally been tested. Look it up. Mcgregor loses no power.
>>
>>77015471
UFC and MMA have kicks as well. Sweep legs knock someone down, jump on them and flog their face with your fist is 100% more entertaining than stand up for 12 rounds throwing a few jabs every 15 seconds and hugs against the ropes.
>>
The worst part for mcgereggor is that despite Floyd being cocky outside the ring, once he steps inside it he is all business. He isn't going to play around and give Connor any chance. From the opening bell till the end of the fight he is going to box
>>
>>77059248

He's all business in training too, he takes every opponent seriously, which reduces Conor's chances from extremely slim to nil. This isn't like fat James Toney coming straight out of a Burger King to fight.
>>
>implying every MMA fan isn't a casual
>>
File: roganverbaltko.png (131KB, 458x414px) Image search: [Google]
roganverbaltko.png
131KB, 458x414px
Brandon Schaub changed my opinion on this fight, think Conair takes it in the first 4 now
>>
>>76983776
Wait till fight goes the distance and Floyd wins by decision.

inb4 mma fans saying fight was fixed
>>
File: Conor leprechaun.jpg (373KB, 1024x697px) Image search: [Google]
Conor leprechaun.jpg
373KB, 1024x697px
>49-1
>>
File: 2Ijub3a.gif (425KB, 105x105px) Image search: [Google]
2Ijub3a.gif
425KB, 105x105px
Floyd won the fight, Conor won the lottery
>>
>>76983776
Mayweather is going win
>>
>>77068843
>>77068843
Yeah we all know that but we are just here for the entertainment.
>>
>>77061858
And for some reason Conor's fans are bragging about how much he is getting paid like they're getting some for themselves
>>
File: floyd-mayweather.jpeg.jpg (80KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
floyd-mayweather.jpeg.jpg
80KB, 1024x681px
>>77017114
> mcnugget isn't in the king of trash talking head
> Anyone has a puncher chance when you resort to that you pretty much admitting you aint got shit on him.\
>not even pacman the greatest southpaw of all time could
>40 thats why he isnt fighting GGG
>Your point is?
> he dont have any problems since zab juda
>The only valid point is that he is younger
>connor is a bitch!
>>
>>77013230
Only in America. They literally have to pass laws in South Africa to keep the teams from being all white because you suck desu
>>
File: Brandon Schaub.gif (3MB, 316x231px) Image search: [Google]
Brandon Schaub.gif
3MB, 316x231px
>>77059981
>Brandon Schaub changed my opinion on this fight,
>>
File: 49-1.jpg (89KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
49-1.jpg
89KB, 640x1136px
>mmafags are getting this tattoo

oh boy
>>
File: tmt.png (350KB, 556x438px) Image search: [Google]
tmt.png
350KB, 556x438px
okay Ive been looking for an hour and still cant find this hoodie anywhere.
is it discontinued? or just a one of a kind?
>>
>>77000537
>>77000591
That would literaly be the best scenario. McGregor setting up all this shit and finally turning his back on the money just so he can fuck up Mayweather while the whole world is watching.

If McGregor does this, he will be praised as a hero even dozens of millions of dollars couldn't convince to bow before Mayweather in a match he could not win in any way. The chatting, hyping, counting the money was just part of the plan to ruin Mayweather's face and ridiculize boxing.

I know this is not happening and McGregor is here for the money, but it would be some Ridley Scott shit if it really happened this way.
>>
>>77071618
>>77000537
If Conor chimped out it would look cheap sore loser bullshit and would only last about 5 seconds before 10 TMT goons jumped in and attacked him. I don't know why /heem/ fans like Rogan are so keen on this fantasy. Everyone I've seen do something like this (Paul Daley, James Butler, Dirrell's uncle etc) ended up looking like a huge piece of shit in everyone's eyes.
>>
>>77000653
Mma isn't fighting either dumbass
>>
It's cm punk all over again
>>
>>77000682
10oz gloves shit won't matter
>>
>>77043054
that is the dumbest post i've read in this entire thread
>>
>>77015376
GGG and lomachenko's careers are based purely off KOing niggers
>>
McGregor will win by round 3 with a full on assault mark my words.
>>
boxing isnt real fighting
>>
>>77073167

>mma is real fighting bro
>get in a street fight
>get in karate stance like MaGigga
>get stabbed
>>
>>77073177
>bringing a knife to a gun fight
>>
I want them both to lose, it's weird though to see Mayweather to be the humble one. Is Gregor on coke or something?
>>
>>77073196
They both talk and act like niggers. It's best if they both get hit by asteroids or something.
>>
>>77073177
so what's a real fight? actual warfare? but what about different equipment, terrain conditions, intel, etc? i'd argue the most "real" fight is in a uniform environment (like an octagon), without weapons obviously, and without clothing or any kind of gloves or anything else. MMA is the closest to that- yeah, it has 4 ounce gloves, a jockstrap, mouthguard, a few select rules regarding elbows and attacks on the ground, no heatbutts, eyepokes or dickshots, it has a time limit, rounds and a referee- but compared to anything else it is far less restrictive and actually allows some semblance of "real fighting", unlike other sports like boxing, which are all about practicing the technique of boxing
>>
Does Ffloyd have autism or something? Standing in silence, windmilling his arms, repeating short phrases, "48" in a pair of pyjamas, "4 oz gloves"..?

I didn't think it before but Conor could really win this thing. One solid punch is seriously likely.
>>
>>77073196
>Is Gregor on coke or something?
oh, so you clearly know nothing about him and have never seen him dismantle his opponents, verbally and physically, before?

Floyd was weird during the conference, all of his shit was prepared, he tried to say dumb shit like he wants 4 ounce gloves and that he'll do MMA, it was clear Conor just didn't give a fuck and that Floyd was straining himself
>>
>>77073219

They're both fucking sports is what im getting at. Stop with the more real bullshit
>>
>>77073226
It's boxing though. Conor winning against Mayweather is a bit like a decathlon athlete winning a sprint against pro 100m dasher. Floyd did nothing but box and the stuff Conor does might unsual, but's unusual for a reason. In MMA you can get away with sloppy technique because there are more levels to it and you don't have enough time go get perfect on all. Not to say it's either to knock a guy out with mma gloves than it is with 12oz boxing gloves especially if a guy knows how to shield himself.

The strength of connor in mma is him switching it up, but he can't do that in boxing too much. His movement there is akward and inefficient.
>>
>>77073240
I know how conor acts doesn't mean he isn't on coke.
>>
>>77073276
>anyone who is a hyped, high-test fighter trash talking is on coke
>germany flag
yeah, checks out for being a cuck
>>
how much money would I make if I bet 1000 on McGregor knocking out Mayweather, and it actually happens?
>>
>>77073287
At least I'm not living in Portugal.
>>
>>77073295
go get TRT
>>
>>77073319
lol dude, I'm not the one white knighting some coke head. Do you have a poster on your wall with conor smiling at you? The guy wears fuzzy pimp coats, he takes something. He even has the restless leg like some speed addict.
>>
>>77073293
$6500, 5500 of which would be profit.
>>
>>76984094
I don't think so, so far everyone thinks it's all one big shitsow
>>
what are the odds McGregor wins?
>>
Mayweather is scared of the banter. McGregor will easily win.
>>
>>77073398
Puncher's chance.
>>
McGregor is scared of the banter. Mayweather will easily win.
>>
>>77073422
Mayweather had McGregor's mic cut off because it was upsetting him. Mayweather is going to fight uncharacteristically aggressive and emotional and lose.
>>
>>77073433
McGregor had Mayweather's mic cut off because it was upsetting him. McGregor is going to fight uncharacteristically aggressive and emotional and lose.
>>
Does McGregor know how to throw combinations?
>>
File: floyd-mayweather-vs-zab-judah.webm (1MB, 439x304px) Image search: [Google]
floyd-mayweather-vs-zab-judah.webm
1MB, 439x304px
>>77073451
>>
Americans really don't know how to banter.
>>
File: 1488755296254.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488755296254.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>77073451
>>77073471

Figure out how it's going to go.
>>
>>77051829
autism the post
>>
>The greatest boxer of this generation against someone who never once competed in a pro boxing match
>>
am I wrong in thinking that McGregor has a chance to win based on Mayweather never having fought a MMA striker before?
I would think an unorthodox fighting style would give him a bit of an advantage, that's the reason Roy Jones Jr. did so well (and his ridiculous hand speed, but still)
>>
>>77073398
The same as cm punk ko'ing micky gall in a rematch.
>>
>>77073519
Yes, a karate stance is not going to allow mcgregor to punch floyd from 4-D angles my man. Fighting unorthodox doesn't mean shit if you don't have the experience to compete with the other fighter.
>>
>>77073319
You want some Anschluss or what ?
>>
Conspiracy theory: Mayweather, in light of his tax troubles, beats against himself through 3rd-party and takes a dive, to pay off his taxes. He wouldn't have to put up much to earn back more than the purse.
>>
>>77073646
bets, fuck
>>
>>77073646
Floyd is making 200 million regardless if he wins or loses.
>>
File: 1447570609528.png (351KB, 463x526px) Image search: [Google]
1447570609528.png
351KB, 463x526px
>>76983776
Fuck you,goof. Conor btfo these ceremonious boxing dinosaurs at the presser. You're just mad that he has the audacity to shit all over your overrated sport. Your boy can only dodge dat left for so long. See ya on Aug 26, GOOF
>>
>>77073516
>A glorified dancer vs a legit fighter with multiple tools
>>
>>77073829
Bruce Lee said never box a boxer.
>>
Can't wait till Floyd knocks this crackah out.
>>
>grappler will beat a puncher

just face it, you know nothing about blood sports.
>>
>>77073859
He's not a grappler.
>>
>>77073894
he grapples for a living. he trains for it, he lives and breaths grappling. you can't be good in the ufc without being a grapplebabby.
>>
>>77073829
>some cocky faggot vs an Olympic medalist
>>
>>77073904
He only trains to avoid grappling. If anything he knows how to defend himself but it's not like grappling is his first choice. If his MMA standup is like an 9/10 his grappling is like 3/10 maybe a 4.
>>
>>77073918
anyway theres no way a mma fighter can beat a boxer
>>
>>77073934
At boxing at least.
>>
>>77073936
yee
>>
>>77073950
Mayweather is old and smaller though. On the other hand if mayweather gets beyond round 4 there's basically no chance of Connor winning.
>>
>>77073832
Bruce Lee was a gook
>>
>>77073967
He did MMA before there was MMA.
>>
File: 7c3daa4fc502.jpg (29KB, 604x478px) Image search: [Google]
7c3daa4fc502.jpg
29KB, 604x478px
>>
>>77073471

Mayweather went on to win every second of every round after that. Judah has better hands than Conor too
>>
>>77073832
>>77073986
Bruce lee sucks, he got confirmed a weak asian meme a long time ago.

Nothing is more casual and cringey then these faggots who pretend a 140 pound asian manlet starring in scripted movie fight scenes is the pinnacle of fighting.
He has one recorded actual fight and its a total meme.
>>
>>77074017
Dude, Bruce Lee got his back broken in an underground chinaman fight.
>>
>>77073995
fucking niggers
>>
>hurr mayweather just
>ignoring the fact that mcmeme has done the same shit in his last few fights

This will be utter shit stop hyping it up faggots
>>
>>77074026
This is about as Aussie as a post can get.
>>
>>76987069
with mma gloves sure
>>
Mayweather won't be able to handle Mcgregors superior & unpredictable mooment (see Ido Portal) and he definately won't be able to handle the superior reach and punching power.
>>
looking forward to seeing the tirade of excuses once mayweather wins easily
>>
>>77075844
>w-w-we never cared anyway
>>
>>77075844
>wasnt a ko doesnt count its rigged oy vey its another potato shoah
>>
File: image.jpg (207KB, 1200x947px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
207KB, 1200x947px
Floyd is a bum
>>
>>77015376
jealous subhuman negro
>>
>>77075844
>b-but in a street fight
>>
>>76983776
Boxing experts are the worst though. I mean the only reason round limits and judges were added was because of possible death. Now they suck off some dancing manlet because of his "defense" and "angles"
>>
I mean i would really like Mcgregor to win because Mayweather is such a nigger, but is there really anyone in here who really belives that mcgregor is superior and would win?
>>
mcgregor fans are pretty certain conor is gonna win because of his aggressive style and most particularly his movement.

but lets keep in mind that floyd fought alot of aggressive fighters with power, so its not something that is new to floyd. especially fighters like riki hatton which just went off on floyd and never landed a punch.

the movement thing is the most important thing to look it. when conor will have to adapt to a boxing stance which is completely different than what he have now. he usually keep his legs spread because that's how he sets up his punches. everything conor throws is long range even when he corners his opponents, and against floyd that's rather a disadvantage than an advantage. if he throws bombs in the 1st round with heavy gloves he might get too tired to even finish the fight, so i expect him to go for an early finish.
>>
>>77080513
Conor is going to play possum, not rope a dope since Floyd won't bite, but if he actually makes himself look awful he can maybe bait Floyd in the last 3 rounds to go for a KO and then counter. Only possible way I see Conor winning
>>
>>76984094
>getting mad about carny shit
DASC
>>
>publicity stunt

You all fell for it.
>>
conspiracy theory

mayweather bets on mcgregor to get out of his tremendous debt, throws fight
>>
File: bullying victim.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bullying victim.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Floyd by (t)ko is free money, he will walk conor down carefully punching him at will until he drops/throws in the towel/ref stops the fight
>>
>>77001852
>unconsciously
>>
>>77000653
RIP Fisty Cups
>>
>tfw this fight is only happening because Floyd is a typical nigger with money
>>
>haven't been interested in this fight
>not an MMA fan
>not a boxing fan
>finally hear the fight is actually going to happen
>lol 'bout time
>hear about Connor's Fuck You pinstriping
>lol
This is gonna be good, I've never payperviewed before, but I might pop my cherry on this one, unless I can convince my friend to do it instead.
>>
>>77081388
I can't believe that's fucking Canelo lol.

Shit looks embarrasing compared to now.
>>
There's a very big question here which nobody is asking.

When Conor beats Ffloyd, becomes the undisputed ultimate fighter in the world and the boxing world goes into meltdown... where does he go from there, what's the next super fight?

For me, he should call out Mike Tyson and dish out another symbolic beating.
>>
>>76984003
this. it's just top teir nigger LARPing
>>
>>77083545
that's why floyd is genuinely a GOAT tier boxer, he makes great fighters look like toothless chumps
>>
>the real casuals here who don't train boxing and mma and have never been in a fight not realizing anyone can be knocked out especially if there is a big height and age difference

floyd has aged very gracefully but it's been 2 years since he last fought and it could very well make the difference in this fight. if you don't believe in the mechanics of punching and the knockout you're obviously going to assume floyd would win. but conor has all the natural ability to do this.
>>
>>77083477
split the bill. The only way to properly do PPV is to get a bunch of friends together anyways.
>>
Casual boxing fan here. I've never seen Floyd fight. However I assume he will let it run 5 rounds for showmanship and then steamroll Connor. Is this right?
>>
File: potato'd.webm (1MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
potato'd.webm
1MB, 720x404px
>>77083799
>undisputed ultimate fighter in the world
>choked out by a lanky spic
wew lad
>>
>>77043054
>You want REAL street fighting? Go to the hood and slap some black dude.

T. some neet who's never been in a street fight

Trust me, two untrained fighters in the street can barely break a nose.
>>
>>77083799
It is only down from there since the UFC isn't big enough. He should retire, but is probably too shit with his money like Floyd to do that.
>>
>>77084800
Mayweather is a defensive point fighter. This will likely go the distance with Floyd winning every round and barely getting hit unless the ref stops the fight for being too one sided (but that won't happen considering the money involved). There is no steamrolling, no heems; just steady domination. There will be showboating on both sides since this is a carny match.
>>
>>77080513
Hatton should have won that fight. Floyd didn't KO him, his head hit the ring post.
>>
>>77083799
If he doesn't retire, he is going to fight Khabib Nurmagomedov. Apparently Dana said Conor wants Khabib

Conor really needs to defend his belt to solidify himself. He has a fluke win on Aldo, Lost to Nate once, then overwhelming beat him the next time, then beat Eddie.
>>
>40yr old vs 28yr old
But why
>>
>>77086077
>then overwhelming beat him the next time
>McGregor won by split decision
This fucking casual lel.
>>
>>76983776
I'm surprised by how much attention this fight is getting. It has to be trolling. The lead-up to the fight is going to be more entertaining than the fight itself. Floyd and Conor are probably jacking off together discussing how much money they're going to make.
>>
>>77000537
You people do realize that there will be a referee in this fight right? Mcnugget won't be able to chimp out for more then 2 seconds before he gets pulled back by the ref. He might slip in an elbow but he will get DQ while Floyd laughs at his face.
>>
I hope McGregor wins just so I can laugh at more fucktards like this.
>>
>>77092654
>so insecure about himself that he tries to use a friendly sports match to fuel his politically propaganda
>>
>>77001895
this would be cool the problem is that you can bet on this fight so robbing Floyd like that would cause problems for vegas
>>
>>77086089
Because fighting is about SKILL, not raw strength. Fucking meathead.
Thread posts: 275
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.