[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

meanwhile curry is the highest paid player in the NBA is there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_0331.png (350KB, 640x1136px)
IMG_0331.png
350KB, 640x1136px
meanwhile curry is the highest paid player in the NBA

is there a more cucked athlete then KD?
>>
KD is a fucking retard
>>
>>76915312
>give up $82 million by signing with Warriors
>give up another $9 million by signing this dumb contract

$91 million given up in 2 years

Is this how people declare bankruptcy?
>>
I expect the NBAPA to ride his ass for this, and then I expect him to issue some whiny, passive-aggressive defense for his bitchy bendover for his white master.
>>
>caring about nigger money

>soldier makes 30k
>life saving surgeon makes 300k
>apehoop monkey makes 50 million
>>
wow hes only getting paid 50 millions poor him
>>
>>76915382
>implying soldiers deserve any money after leaching off tax payer dollars
>>
So he's going to sign two-year deals until he wins like 4 rings, then what? I don't think he's finishing his career with the Warriors.
>>
>>76915382
He COULDVE had $150 million instead

If that's not Communism I don't know what is
>>
>>76915405
nobody should bend over for any sports owner no matter how much is made, you should ride them for all they can give because they would fuck you over in a hearbeat, if the warriros could pay Durant the minimum they absolutely would
>>
>>76915312
In his third year, the warriors will have his bird rights, he will opt out and sign the supermax. It's smart but there's no way in hell by 2019 or 2020 the current big 4 of the warriors are still going to be together. They will be just too expensive
>>
It's almost as if he'll make more money in endorsements after winning a bunch of championships and Finals MVPs.
I'm just happy he's choosing this path because it means LeBron losing.
>>
>>76915312
than*
>>
>>76915312
>Curry cucked him in the playoffs
>Curry cucked him in the wallet
>>
>>76915312
KD has a $300 million deal with Nike alone, and I'm sure he's got stuff going with other companies (I know I've seen him in at least one soda commercial). The tradeoff of salary money in exchange for rings in a major market* is fair here, because in the long run the endorsements he gets will be worth it.

>inb4 people argue about whether the Bay Area counts major market

Even if the metro area itself doesn't (it does, but still), the shameless bandwaggoning that plagues California means that the Warriors are getting a significant chunk of the LA and San Diego markets right now.
>>
>>76915382
>a walking welfare check/taxpayer scholarship gets 30k
>a glorified butcher makes 300k
>a hardworking, nice, and top-notch entertainer that brings joy to millions of people makes 50 million
seems about right
>>
>>76915350
>give up $82 million
when will this meme die? It assumes KD will make $0 per year over the next 4 years, which is obviously bullshit
>>
>>76915382

>le soldiers are heroes meme

I know this is bait, but...
>>
bottom line
>kd is a cuck
>warriors championships are irrelevant
>communism is actually better you stupid cucks
>hurr muh ape makes a billion dollars throwin teh ball
>people that matter get paid 30k a year
communism is the way
>>
File: chinesecartoonfacepalm.jpg (65KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
chinesecartoonfacepalm.jpg
65KB, 499x498px
>>76915708
My family in the Central Valley of CA literally jumped ship from being Laker fans and are now Warrior fans.
>>
>>76915724
This.
You didn't join the Marines to be a hero or to serve your country, you did it for free college, shit healthcare, and the ability to win any political argument by using your half-assed service as some sort of rhetorical ethos.
>>
he is gonna make way more money as a guy with multiple rings
>>
thread theme song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBQ2mjkvYY8
>>
>>76915708
>>76915764
why isnt curry sacrificing any salary?
>>
>>76915807
He's been terribly underpaid for years. My guess is Curry and Durant have already talked this over between them and Durant probably acknowledged that Curry's been underpaid for years and deserved a big payday, and that Curry is the face of the franchise.
>>
>>76915771
curse was lifted desu
>>
>>76915807
“When you feed the big dog, the dog will be happy...if the big dog ain’t me, then the house won’t get guarded—period.” Steph Curry
>>
>>76915844
hmm... i don't know. he never did play a game of 21 though did he?
>>
>>76915883
based god lifted the curse
>>
File: 1495921670379.png (252KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1495921670379.png
252KB, 420x420px
>>76915350
>gives up $91 million just to beat a 33 year old from a talentless conference
>>
kd is a cuck for not milking the billionaire owner for as much money as possible
>>
And just one year after going out of his way to fuck his old team.
>>
>>76915807
I don't see curry on the fucking news ever unless someone else is talking about him
>>
>>76915912
>>76915844
this is literally why he came to Golden State. his pride would not let him loose a game of 21 to the BasedGod but at the same time he had to get the curse lifted. so he did took only possible middle road.
>>
File: westbrick.webm (555KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
westbrick.webm
555KB, 1280x720px
>>76915964
Can you really blame anyone for not wanting to play with a Kobe/Carmelo-level ballhog?
>>
>>76915983
Not necessarily, but I can blame him for making a huge show of it, letting his teammates find out through news reports, and waiting to announce anything until practically every big name was spoken for so that OKC had a gaping hole in their roster with no way of closing it.
>>
NBA needs to investigate Bitcoin. Something shady is going on.
>>
>>76915722
UHh no

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nba/2016/6/28/12050498/kevin-durant-contract-salary-money-nba-free-agent-rumors

KD Thunder max: $244.1 million
KD Warrior max: $162.9 million

Difference is $82 million
>>
>>76915435
Clearly you don't
>>
>>76916052
their jewish overlords cant keep their overseer eyes on them at all times, these billionaires have their ways
regardless, i promise you KD isnt getting some back alley suitcase full of 90 million dollars, hes actually just that much of a cuck
>>
>>76916068
>multiple championships and Finals MVPs will mean he gets endorsements for life ala Jordan
>b-b-but he's being a c-cuck
>>
>>76915668
actually, durant overshadow curry now, not in salary, but on the court
>>
>Duncan and Dirk take paycuts to help team
>wow BASED, the league needs more guys like them, everyone is too concerned with money and not winning nowadays
>Durant takes paycut to help team
>wow he's destroying the NBA lol what a dumb faggot he could be ultra mega rich by now just another commie millenial, imagine pimping yourself for cheap jewelry
>>
>>76916560
It's not that he's taking a pay cut to help his team; it's that he's doing that with the backdrop of how he left his old team in an almost scorched earth manner just one year ago.
>>
>>76916560
The Spurs and the Mavericks were never superteams like this Warriors team. Durant is fucking with the natural progression of the NBA. When a team becomes incredibly good, what's supposed to happen is that all its important members get paid what they're worth, in a way that breaks the team up and restores competitive balance to the NBA. Durant is messing with that by taking less so the Warriors can retain Iguodala. He's distorting the natural order.

Duncan taking less is different because the Spurs are a small-market team without tech billionaire money to back them up if they get into the luxury tax. Dirk taking less actually isn't all that different, I don't know why Dirk just hasn't given Cuban an ultimatum to fix the fucking Mavericks or he'll demand the max salary. I guess Dirk is just too nice.
>>
I wonder how LeBron feels about KD taking a cut to save the billionaire owner some tax dollars.
>>
File: satanialaugh.webm (3MB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
satanialaugh.webm
3MB, 1440x810px
>>76916641
>He's distorting the natural order.
Good.
>mfw LeBron loses
>>
>>76916662
LeBron AND Chris Paul, who are, respectively, the Vice President and President of the NBAPA. You have to think they're both kind of annoyed at Durant for this. I wonder if Durant won't get a nasty letter from the union.
>>
>>76915969
What point are you trying to make?
>>
KD without a doubt is the most pathetic athlete alive. The worst part is that he'll just inspire more players to take his faggot route. Goodell wouldn"t ever allow this type of shit to fly in the NFL, but (((Silver))) is a spineless cuck who has no idea what he is doing.
>>
I really want to like KD, I really do, but he is a soft serve. I understand a long term member of a team taking a cut, but this faggot is literally paying for rings.
>>
Niggas mad the Warriors are the most overpowered team in NBA history and there's not a damn thing they can do about it.
>>
>>76916756
See you next lockout.
>>
>>76916672
You must really hate basketball as a sport.
>>
>>76915312
charge your phone nigga
>>
File: shruggingkyouko.jpg (227KB, 709x588px) Image search: [Google]
shruggingkyouko.jpg
227KB, 709x588px
>>76916804
I'm a Lakers fan. We're several years removed from competing for a championship, so my rooting priorities shift to rooting for LeBron to lose.
>>
>>76916850
Ah yes, makes perfect sense.
>>
>>76916877
I know what you're implying and I'm being realistic, not a fairweather fan. I'll always support the Lakers but I'm not about to pretend they have any chance of being competitive for years. Meanwhile, LeBron is still a douchenozzle.
>>
>>76915312
His nickname is "the servant" for a reason
>>
>>76916116
I don't know why people can't understand this. If Durant rattles off another 3 titles and a couple MVPs and FMVPs he's still getting big money deals for an entire generation after he retires. It's also possible GS can run like this for 5 more years and become the greatest team off all-time, with him being the leader of it. If he stayed in OKC and didn't win any or a token one he's remembered like anyone not named Jordan from the 90s outside of okc. And he doesn't been need to be close to Jordan in terms of legacy for it to pay off in the long run either.
>>
>>76915382

Kevin Durant can show up to any city in America and his mere presence alone will boost that cities economy.

Wasn't there some study done that showed Cleveland's economy went into a minor depression after Lebron left?
>>
>>76916116
>implying he wouldn't get endorsements for life anyway
Keep trying to justify it to yourself. I'm sure you'll come up with something eventually
>>
>>76917713
Yeah man I can't wait to wear my new Karl Malone shoes.
>>
This is really pathetic, the guy actually lives up to his mantra, The Servant.
>>
>>76915350
82 mil in how many years? He did the right thing. If he resigned with OKC, look how big the contracts are now? He can get like 170mil somewhere when he's done with the warriors in 1-2 years.
Plus, he makes money from his shoe deal. I just bought his shoes today
>>
File: mfw.gif (349KB, 582x582px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
349KB, 582x582px
>>76917735
>>
>>76916730
KD is incredibly easy to hate for the same reason LeBron was easy to hate for so long: he's a villain now but doesn't want to admit it.

This is why, as much as I think he's overrated, I'll never really talk too much shit about Kobe. Kobe flat-out wasn't afraid to be the villain. Kobe embraced his status as the league's bad guy when it fell on him. Kobe wasn't a bitch who wanted everybody to love him, and for that he has my respect, even though I'm a Spurs fan.

God, I miss Kobe. I miss Kobe, Duncan, Pierce, and Garnett. They wouldn't be acting like faggots like this current generation of stars.
>>
File: IMG_0583.png (1MB, 1125x2001px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0583.png
1MB, 1125x2001px
Cuck
>>
File: 1855634.jpg (89KB, 1200x903px) Image search: [Google]
1855634.jpg
89KB, 1200x903px
>>76918134
LeBron was easy to hate the moment he got "CHOSEN1" tattoed across his upper back, and he became a lot easier to hate when he told the whole world he thought himself a big enough deal to justify an hour long TV special just for announcing his new team. Fuck LeBron eternally.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 230x220px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 230x220px
>>76917735
>>
>>76915312
Curry is the highest paid annual average athlete in right now
>>
>get paid $44million a year
>absolutely suck
What is he going to mean by this?
>>
>>76918407
I think Messi and Ronaldo make more salary per year but Curry's the highest paid American athlete now.
>>
Man I'm not the most greedy person but even I think that's retarded
>>
>>76918134
>This is why, as much as I think he's overrated, I'll never really talk too much shit about Kobe. Kobe flat-out wasn't afraid to be the villain

And therein lies another fundamental difference between Durant and Westbrook. Durant spent his entire career carefully honing his image, threw it all away, and almost seems confused and disdainful about not being the league's golden boy anymore. Westbrook, in terms of attitude, is probably the closest thing this generation will have to another Kobe; he straight-up doesn't give a fuck. He knows he has a reputation as a ball hog and a chucker and his response is to hog the ball, throw up whatever shot he feels like, and laugh about it when someone says something.
>>
File: 1361654947901.jpg (59KB, 480x356px) Image search: [Google]
1361654947901.jpg
59KB, 480x356px
>>76919572
well said senpai
>>
>>76915312
Wow getting $9 million less to bounce an inflatable ball
This is obviously on the same level as having your wife/gf fucked by another man

No one should be able to comment on this unless they have had the opportunity to turn down a million dollar pay increase
>>
>>76919572
I don't think your part about Durant is right. I don't think he's upset about not being the golden boy. Notice how he is picking fights on Twitter with people and just doing that kinda bullshit? I think he likes taking this road with now being this "trash talker" guy

Except it doesn't work at all because Durant is beta as fuck, and likely a virgin, so watching him try to talk shit just makes you laugh
>>
>>76915312
Why are Americans so fucking obssesed with money? KD is still rich as fuck, that's enough

He'll have something better, he'll gain inmortality as one of the best players in history, while no one will talk about Curry a lustrum after he retires

By your logic Tévez is better or is in a better situation than Messi just because he earns more money
>>
>>76915382
His economic output literally worth millions , you're worth nothing
>>
Jordan was also massively underpaid by the Bulls during the first threepeat and the '96 title, but nobody remembers or cares about that. So, shut the fuck up, fucking faggots.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.