[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't more NBA players see the value in being a player

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Why don't more NBA players see the value in being a player like Dirk that stays loyal to a team, and because of it, is considered one of the single most universally beloved athletes of all time?

The adoration that comes with winning a championship for the franchise that drafted you and has never won before seems more rewarding than any amount of championships you win as a mercenary. I'm sure LeBron feels the same way about his Cavs championship, and would trade both his Heat championships away before he would ever trade his 1 Cavs championship.
>>
>>76659429
because they like to take the easy way out
>>
>>76659429
If he hadn't won a ring, no one would remember him outside Dallas

KD was a pussy for leaving OKC, but no player should be chained to a garbage franchise with shitty management and no future prospects just because they drafted him
>>
Staying with one team has more to go with management than the player.

Look at cousins he fucking loved Sac and said he wanted to retire there but they traded him anyways. He had a coach be respected and liked in Malone but the front office got rid of him.

Also look how Miami did Dwayde. Very few players stay with 1 team thier whole career. Even Kobe was trying to leave the Lakers for a while there .
>>
>>76659429
because the nba has been memed into thinking that nothing matters besides winning championships, even though they've decreased the value of a championship in the process. However I think KD made the right choice and shouldnt be seen negatively for it. OKC as a franchise was shit to him and the media always blowing up on him was retarded, not to mention westbrook actually thought he was better. But I digress, it will definitely be interesting to see how we talk about Lebrons mercs and etc.. in a few decades
>>
>>76659429
>is considered one of the single most universally beloved athletes of all time?
Overrated, would rather be Lebron and KD who are both much more popular and successful with more endorsements, bigger contracts, and in all likelihood more rings.

If Dirk lost again in 2011 who even talks about him? Shit, who talks about Dirk now
>>
>>76659585
LeBron and KD are simply better players than Dirk which is why they're more marketable, plus the shoes.

>who talks about Dirk now?

LeBron literally talked about him a couple days ago. Kobe as well as a bunch of former legends routinely compliment him. His retirement will be a bigger deal than Tim Duncan's retirement.
>>
>>76659585
Dirk revolutionized what you could do at the PF spot and as a big man in general.
>>
>>76659561
Both Cousins and Wade wanted to get paid more than their game is worth. That's why they were let go.
>>
>>
>>76659585
>who talks about Dirk
kys moron. Dirk is one of the greatest to ever play the game.
>>
>>76659429
I bet you Dirk's biggest regret is believing Cuban when he said he'd bring more help to Dallas. I also bet Dirk joins the warriors for his last contract, because we are the good guys who get deserving players their deserved rings.
>>
>>76660137
could this have worked?
>>
>>76659522
how is okc a garbage franchise? they were up 3-1 on a 73 win team if they had the right coach they would have won it all last year
>>
>>76659522
This. You can't even compare it to other sports like football where a player can pick the club they play for from the beginning. Due to the drafting system in the NBA, a player may end up on a team and in a city they don't care for where they are getting less than what they could elsewhere. Why would they not look for the best possible team for them?
>>
>>76660158
Dirk could have played with just about anyone. He has a unique skillset, doesn't have an overbearing ego, but he's also not a bitch you can walk all over. Pretty much why nearly everyone of his peers respects him.
>>
>>76660158
With phil? Yes.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.