[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Bill Simmons? >You know what's great about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: simmons_bill_m.jpg (3KB, 65x90px) Image search: [Google]
simmons_bill_m.jpg
3KB, 65x90px
Thoughts on Bill Simmons?

>You know what's great about this country? If you have a sports column and write opinions like, "Yao is overrated" and "When he's out of the lineup, the Rockets are quicker and more effective defensively," you'll get a few angry e-mails from readers claiming you're just downing Yao because he's Chinese. I love where we're headed as a society. Let's all take a bow.

I think he's /ourguy/ through and through.
>>
>>76636125
That must be an old quote. Simmons has changed
>>
>>76636264
This, he's now The Cuck Guy. I mean he literally hired Larry Wilmore.
>>
>>76636125
That isn't even true. No-one gives a fuck about racism against Asians in America. It's only a problem if you say something about a black or hispanic person.
>>
>>76636395
SNL had something about this

They were making fun of Jeremy Lin or something and then they had the white dude make a racial joke about blacks and everyone freaked out
>>
>>76636460
Post it?
>>
He's remarkable. I can't quite come up with other examples of people being hated by reddit, reddit light(80+% of /nba/ users) and 4chan in general. All of them for different reasons too.
But at the end of the day, fuck him cause it's all his fault. You can't be that stupid in 2016-17 as a boss of media project. He's getting nice check for that, right? And he fails to realise that when you competing with web 2.0(chan,plebbit) by running hybrid like sbnation as best case scenario you better have something good to offer. I'm not sure he even realised he had that at Grantland because now he's like "we gotta be short, nobody's reading long shit anymore" while allowing election time shills to write 9 min reads. Like he is that stupid. Ofcourse he then goes to hire community college type staff and writes ode to le 27% FG MVP man. His shtick is supposed to be long time NBA fan who got all sorts of examples and stories from the past? How can you write that garbage when Kobe+Pau type teammate success receipe for ball hog and good benches winning fuckload of games (especially in postseason) are right in front of your fucking face. Not even a decade passed by. You can't praise guy who says "fuck all that noise", then shit on Wilt in your (((book))) and then say how stupid is award system and that nobody gets bball like you do. That's what he's offering right now. 10/10 times I'd rather laugh at plebbit retards who make "econometric investigations" of draft or Ray Allen holocaust expert threads.
>>
File: Monta.jpg (15KB, 265x318px) Image search: [Google]
Monta.jpg
15KB, 265x318px
>>76637982
I don't necessarily agree with everything you said but really really good post anon.

I didn't get why Grantland went over to ESPN, it seemed like a bad idea and more like competitors and also different demographics. Also selling out for sure, the stuff that made Grantland great was never gonna fly under Disney/E!SPN. Just look at how bad his HBO show was for an example of this.

The Ringer is cool but yeah this is definitely a thing:
> "we gotta be short, nobody's reading long shit anymore" while allowing election time shills to write 9 min reads. Like he is that stupid. Ofcourse he then goes to hire community college type staff and writes ode to le 27% FG MVP man.

The shills like Kate Knibbs really grind my gears sometimes. I miss the youtube videos and hype man I do...
>>
>>76636395
umm, no.
it only matters when it happens to niggers.
>>
>>76638173
Bill Simmons worked for ESPN and created Grantland as a project within ESPN. It wasn't a separate site that ESPN consumed. Grantland was an ESPN product from its conception.
>>
>>76637982
what's funny is he used to complain sports writers who got too close and weren't objective, now he's riding KD's dick 24/7, in the most cringe way possible as well
>>
>>76636125

I like Bill but that segment he made where he watched jalen rose bang his wife was a little odd
>>
Proto-Deadspin takes. Guy was a pioneer. Every snarky dicklet apes the style of Simmons whether they know it or not. He got his cash and he's no longer needed. It's trendy to hate him now but he'll be remembered once he's gone.
>>
>>76639682
He needs to, though. He doesn't have the access he once had at ESPN. He may have the cash but he needs to rely on his personal connections now more than before.
>>
He's such a bad writer

He's basically the average guy in the bar but with the work ethic to write down all his shitty metaphors and theories in a column every night
>>
his podcast is quality
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.