[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>nfl >parity Even the salary cap couldn't protect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

>nfl
>parity

Even the salary cap couldn't protect the league
>>
>m-muh parity
>>
>>76567698
>winning 5 despite parity

GOAT
>>
>>76567698
>about to have as many rings as any franchise ever
>>
Brady is literally, no joke, the greatest NFL player ever. He's the exception to the rules.
>>
How many of these threads do you make a day? Can you even grip a football in your atrophied hands?
>>
What are you talking about? Saints have 1, Ravens have 2, and Colts have 2. That's 5 right there. All of these teams have plenty more than 5.
>>
File: 1497381437239.png (266KB, 1557x1968px) Image search: [Google]
1497381437239.png
266KB, 1557x1968px
>>76567698
False. Those teams have 22 championships by my count, retarded faggot. 5****** is less than 22
>>
>>76571935
Does it say total or all? Context clues Mr bay
>>
>>76567698
0-2 against Eli lmao
>>
>>76567698
only one team has more
>>
>>76571870
We're 8 months away from living in a world where Stoolers fans can't use >muh ancient rings as bragging rights anymore
Thank you based Brady
>>
Almost like having the GOATs at the 2 most important positions in football together for 17 years with a competent FO and minimal injury trouble will give you a lot of wins
>>
>>76572012
fuck the steelers lol, great super bowl team but they choke hard in the afc champ game

you avoid Gronk fully but let hogan rape you? I really don't get it
>>
>>76572033
And next year they're gonna have Cooks rape them too
>>
>>76572046
Pats add Cooks and Gronk against the Steelers.. that is crazy

Steelers add Bryant and Bell though, he was hurt
>>
To be fair, Kyle Shanahan pretty much gift wrapped him the last one
>>
>>76572069
Pats gameplanned for Bell, when Williams came in they weren't shooting the gaps as quick and he actually had a good amount of success initially
>>
>>76572086
Deangelo ran hard on the pats, he kicked their ass in the second quarter when Bell left

Gotta score TD's consistently against the pats thogh
>>
>>76572111
Oh no doubt, but the Pats raped them so hard even if Bell and Bryant were there I don't think they can hang the 40 it would have taken to beat them if it actually became a close game
>>
>>76572124
Williams ran better than Bell, even if he was hurt from the first play. He got the Steelers back into the game
>>
Why is /sp/ so obsessed with parity? The best, smartest teams should always win. The weak should fear the strong.
>>
File: 1494110954174.jpg (95KB, 248x317px) Image search: [Google]
1494110954174.jpg
95KB, 248x317px
>>76572124

Funny, same thing happened against Belichick's D in the 1996 AFC Championship game (1st of 2 wins against Coughlin in the playoffs, btw). Means went out with injury after being largely ineffective (19 carries 43 yards), then Stewart came in and was (7 - 40).

Though Stewart was the main guy during the Reg Season, Means had totaled 357 yards in the previous 2 playoff games and was obviously a point of focus for the Pats.
>>
>>76572196

You can't even hate the Patriots dominance. They don't buy a bunch of studs. They don't even draft particularly well. They have amazing coaches and a few core leaders like Brady who put together SB-tier teams out of rotating personnel. It is the epitome of what we could ever want a "great team" to be.

Then there are organizations like the Browns who seem to have 3 first round picks a year and dig a deeper hole.
>>
>>76572282

Yeah I mean I understand hating the Pats in a competitive way, but the hate for Brady and Belichick is, to me, it's an illustration of how dumb Americans are and how warped their values are.
>>
>>76572069
The Steelers are going to get shit on as long as Tomlin is the coach and he runs that retarded Zone Blitz defense. It's perfectly tailored for the Patriots offense and Brady to rape it.
>>
>>76572282
>You can't even hate the Patriots dominance
Except for the constant cheating scandals and the rancid personalities of just about everyone involved with the team
>>
>>76572362

competition is a core American value, any one team's dominance will immediately draw ire

what people don't realize is that the Patriots are kind of different, their success isn't compounding and it's an amazing feat that they've been able to be so consistent in this context

the NFL may be the hardest sports league on the planet to be consistently successful in, partially due to the cap, partially due to the knockout playoffs which give a lot of room for upsets
>>
>>76572390
I mean if you suck at man why would you play it?
>>
File: 1492988052519.jpg (90KB, 957x621px) Image search: [Google]
1492988052519.jpg
90KB, 957x621px
>>76567698
The parity problem is because of the AFC East being shit since Dan Marino left.

This is how Brady and the Patriots make the AFC Championship/Super Bowl every year

>regular season cupcake schedule guarantees homefield advantage
>win 1 playoff game
>Welcome to the AFC Championship between the New England Patriots and X
>Pats beat X
>TOM BRADY IN ANOTHER SUPERBOWL THE GOAT!!!
>>
>>76572459
The Bills dominated though dude, they could have been the Patriots and won 3 outta 4 easily

at least the patriots dominate the afc east and then finish the god damn job

FUCK THE NFC SOUTH
>>
File: image.jpg (358KB, 529x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
358KB, 529x720px
>>76572419
>the NFL is the hardest league
Pic related. The farther back you look, the more lopsided it gets, too. Any league with a draft and restrictions on free agency will never be "hard."

Being competitive isn't an American value, by the way. Winning is.
>>
File: 1453760425273.jpg (130KB, 600x602px) Image search: [Google]
1453760425273.jpg
130KB, 600x602px
>>76567698
NFL Muh parity is the biggest lie in sports. We know who's going to win or who's going to be in the owl every single year. There's never a surprise
>>
>>76572454
Because it works fine enough against most other teams in the league and generally coaches like to keep running the system they're comfortable with. Every coach has their own system they want to play, it just so happens the Steelers system blows ass against hte one team they need to be able to beat.
>>
>>76572413
Except for the constant cheating scandals

There's only been one. Spygate which everyone did at the time. Deflategate has already been debunked by science.

>the rancid personalities of just about everyone involved with the team
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>76572512
Its really unfortunate. Brady has put massive numbers on the Steelers for his entire career

stop playing zone you fucking idiots
>>
>>76572511
This is missing a Brady at the beginning and end.
>>
Salary cap is the opposite of parity

The only purpose of salary caps is to avoid players getting too much money so the franchise owner can have a bigger profit
>>
>>76567698
>tfw >my team isn't on the list

feelsgoodman
>>
>>76567698
why is he wearing all of Bill Belichik's rings?
>>
>>76572628
Not even Belichik's, more like why is he wearing all of The Systemâ„¢'s rings?
>>
If the standard is five championships, here' basketball
>>
>>76572651
Todd Brandley is the system
>>
>>76572511
that picture doesn't show much outside consistency

what you're complaining about is people doing their job and bringing the fans a consistent team

I'm a raider fan , broncos being consistent sucked because they'll beat the shit out of my team but it also made the raiders great again , eventually that is.

every league in every sport has a consistent team and NFL just so happens to have a lot of them especially in the AFC
>>
>>76572511
>joe
is he elite?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.