[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>his """"team""""

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1438222753076.jpg (163KB, 968x745px) Image search: [Google]
1438222753076.jpg
163KB, 968x745px
>his """"team"""" sport doesn't have varying formations
it's like you are trying to show everyone how much of a brainlet you are.
>>
>>76561758
Which sport are you referring to?
>>
>>76561831
any team game that isnt soccer
>>
>>76561831
baseball of course. Jews love it, they own most of the MLB teams
>>
>>76561847
>>76561853
Every major sport I can think of has varying formations. Baseball maybe not at the same level, but there's at least defensive shifts.
>>
>>76561899
Ok so could you list them?
It's obvious for American football, but the others?
I can't see much variations for basketball, even less for hockey. Some sports even have fixed team formations (netball).
Football allows for literally 1 million different formations, you could more precisely say "space occupation, manipulation and positioning", because the sport has this unique feature of players being able to manipulate the relative game space in real time, inside an absolute game space (with the offside rule).
>>
>>76561968
Am. Football, its pretty clear.

Basketball, a bunch of different defensive formations (though the distinctions are getting less clear these days), and a lot of different offensive schemes. It's pretty free-flowing and with a small playing space it's tough to say it's a formation as much as it is strategies or schemes, but there is a a lot of tactical distinction in how different teams set up.

I don't know shit about hockey, so I can't speak for that.

Baseball has defensive shifts, and maybe you can include batting order as part of positional strategy. Definitely the least tactical major sport, though.
>>
>>76561968
Basketball's offensive formation are mostly just variation of one and other
5 out, 4-1, 3-2 are probably the most common ones but there are others and the plays you can run depending on who is on your team. on defense there is 2-3 zone 3-2 zone and man to man
>>
>>76561968
Hockey has different formation but they're all in relation to the forecheck usually. Some teams play 1-2-2, some play 1-3-1, and they change on the fly quite often. Like if teams have a really mobile defenseman with good hands, they may opt to have him skate it out for the breakout, so it either turns into a 1-1-3 kind of, whereas other d-men will pass it up to a winger and hang back. Which brings me to my next point, some offensive systems allow for lots of rotating and shifting around the ice, as long as someone is filling the gap, you can have wingers on the point playing defense in the offensive zone. Especially on the powerplay. If you have a good cycle I've seen defenseman playing behind the net for good portions of a shift, because under their system they're kind of committed to that area once they go in and have to trust that someone else fell back to the point, and then when the pucks on the other side or something try to rotate back. You really don't see forwards switching positions with backs in soccer

Players manipulating the game space is probably more real a thing in hockey than in soccer. I actually played both at decent levels, and in hockey against good, hard hitting, fast teams, the ice would feel tiny and it would feel like you have no room at all
>>
>>76562510
>You really don't see forwards switching positions with backs in soccer
Not a forward, but you do see D-mids fill space in the back line if a CB is upfield for a set piece.
>>
>>76562697
thats true, I guess when I played I never really had to worry about that
>>
>>76561847
Every American sport of the big 4 has varying formations.

American Football has different offensive formations that aren't used and different defensive formations which are all used
Baseball has many shifts in order to combat batters that typically hit the ball to a certain area (this killed the career on one guy named Ryan Howard)
Hockey can change exactly like soccer
basketball has different offenses that utilize different formations (although you might have me here, I don't know that much about Basketball strategy)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.