[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me why younger Australians care so much about American and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: history600.jpg (107KB, 600x438px) Image search: [Google]
history600.jpg
107KB, 600x438px
Tell me why younger Australians care so much about American and European teams that have no relevance where they are from, but consider our domestic sports lame?
>>
File: no-to-customers.jpg (132KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
no-to-customers.jpg
132KB, 640x640px
Globalism
>>
because kids are growing up in the era of hyper communication, they chose what they want and aren't forced to like something just beacuse of the country they were born

there are lot of kids here who unironically support barcelona or real madrid instead of domestic clubs, that didn't happen a decade ago

you can't blame them tho, if you watch barcelona play and then some argentine club you'd prefer barcelona
>>
>>76545386
I'm not saying anyone HAS to like anything, but isn't your favorite team winning a title much more meaningful if they're your home team? Idk maybe I'm just being sour, I mean its not like the sports we have in Australia are crap, I just feel kids want to be americucks
>>
Isn't Australia heavily influenced by american culture anyway ? I read about that everywhere, australians use more and more american colloquialism, slang and expressions. They identify with american politics and social movements and so on. Everyone is unfluenced by americheers but you guys are also english speaking new worlders with unlimited access to US culture like the argie said. Are people still playing rugby down under at least ?
>>
Because afl is a gay, meaningless "sport"
>>
>>76545517
they are starting to play handegg

there was/is an aussie in the nfl
>>
>>76545517
yeah for sure rugby and AFL have huge draw in Australia and always will, hell the AFl is one of the most attended leagues in the world, its just that it doesn't have the same cool factor among youths that american sports do.
>>
>>76545542
go back to your fucking rugby cunt
>>
>>76545517
Australia is closer to the UK culture wise imo. Besides practically everywhere is infected with american culture.
>>
>>76545360
cultural cringe and globalism.

fuckin love that pic though. very iconic image.
>>
>>76545517
>Isn't Australia heavily influenced by american culture anyway ?

They're Brits through and through, down to the same disgusting drinking and eating habits.
>>
If you are young you prefer shiny things. Global brands are shinier on television, in videogames, their websites look better. They are talked about everywhere. In the past the most shiny club was probably the number one inside your borders.
>>
>>76545542
Kaffirs are coming to take your farm, Bakkie van der Van

AFL is a league, not a sport.
>>
>>76545360
I don't know anyone who follows american sports.

What are you basing this off OP?
>>
>>76545874
yeah yeah ik, referring to it as football gets confusing though
>>76545907
people i know i guess? I live in perth, its probably less prevalent in smaller towns
>>
>>76545802
>>76545580
Based Straffo loves himself some American politics.
>>
>>76545360
Cultural cringe, and they are event watchers rather than dedicated sports followers.
>>
>>76545943
I live in perth. Are all your friends chink dockers fans or something?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.