[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Crosby deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 2nd best nhl players.jpg (1MB, 2100x1992px) Image search: [Google]
2nd best nhl players.jpg
1MB, 2100x1992px
Does Crosby deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as these people in the future?
>>
Sidney is arguably a better hockey player than a few of those guys already. Point totals are irrelevant at this point because goalies played garbage stand-up back then.
>>
Already better than everybody in that pic besides Orr and Lemieux.
>>
Who are these niggas?
>>
No hockey player that played before Gretzky should matter.
Nobody gives a fuck about Jaques le Fontana or other memes in gross plug eras
>>
I'm okay with ranking him over Messier, but I still think he's got more to prove he's better than Jagr.

Jagr won 5 scoring titles, and some while missing a bunch of games. And he did it against just as good, if not better, scoring talent that Crosby bas as competition today.

Also, Crosby will forever have an asterisk next to his first Conn Smythe because he was like 4th most valuable on his team last year and did not deserve it at all
>>
>>76528616

I'd say he's better than Messier for sure and maybe even Jagr. Definitely not as good as Orr and Lemieux tho

>>76528657

>Point totals are irrelevant at this point because goalies played garbage stand-up back then.

Sure their stats are a bit padded but even then, Howe and Richard were the still undisputed GOATs before Gretzky came around. If they played now with modern gear and nutrition, I have no reason to believe they wouldn't dominate

>>76529580

The 80s were also garbage. Gretzky's stats are inflated as fuck. By the mid 90s he was nothing special anymore
>>
File: IMG_0579.jpg (67KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0579.jpg
67KB, 600x400px
>Messier

There's 30 players playing RIGHT NOW better than Messier, lel.
>>
>>76529709
>by the mid 90s he was nothing special anymore
Oh, you mean at the end of his long and successful career? After playing an asston of playoff games and tournaments? After suffering a nearly career ending back injury?

Yeah, i guess 36-38 year old Gretzky wasnt that special. Still over a point per game and finished 3rd in scoring in 98, but yeah, i agree.
>>
>>76529805

lol don't play the injury card. Lemieux stayed dominant to the very end on worse teams with way worse health problems in the height of the deadpuck era
>>
>>76529709
>better than Messier for sure and maybe even Jagr
lel you can't be serious

>>76529760
You mean the best team leader with Yzerman
>>
>>76529960

I may be biased, I was never a big fan of Messier. As for Jagr, it will probably depend on how long Crosby can keep this pace
>>
>>76529939
He also played nearly half as many games. While he had chronic injuries on specific body parts, he had plenty of time to rest the rest of his body. Gretzky never took 3 years off and came back, nor did he ever skip back-to-back games.
>>
Ya. His trophy case speaks for itself.
>>
>>76531288

>He also played nearly half as many games
>nor did he ever skip back-to-back games.

Wow it's almost like Lemieux couldn't play because he was injured and/or in terrible shape because of injuries. Thanks for proving my point
>>
>>76531288
The guy literally had cancer while playing
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.