[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

which sport is the hardest to play? in terms of both talent and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 14

File: walk.png (334KB, 1002x1024px) Image search: [Google]
walk.png
334KB, 1002x1024px
which sport is the hardest to play? in terms of both talent and athleticism needed to compete at the highest level?
>>
Athletically demanding would be basket ball.

Mechanically demanding baseball.

Hockey is up there as well.
>>
>>76506648

Tennis
>>
>>76506648
Basketball. If you're a manlet you're fucked, and nothing you can do will compensate that.
>>
>>76506659
>>76506667
>>76506684
OP made this thread to discuss the image
>>
>>76506648
Biathlon
>>
File: 1492640749480.jpg (84KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1492640749480.jpg
84KB, 700x700px
>>76506659
>Athletically demanding would be basket ball.
>Mechanically demanding baseball.
>Hockey is up there as well.

good old American delusion
>>
Athletically-strongman
It literally kills people
>>
>>76506648
basketball
>>
c
r
i
c
k
e
t
>>
>>76506697
Do you have any idea how athletic you have to be to compete in the NBA?

Also hitting 95 mph fastballs with a stick is incredibly hard. You have less than a second to decide to swing at a pitch. The hand eye coordination is unbelievable
>>
File: i.png (111KB, 350x254px) Image search: [Google]
i.png
111KB, 350x254px
>>76506684
>>
File: darya domracheva (2).jpg (153KB, 666x1000px) Image search: [Google]
darya domracheva (2).jpg
153KB, 666x1000px
>>76506830
Biathlon requires both. Checkmate, atheists.
>>
>>76506830
>Also hitting 95 mph fastballs with a stick is incredibly hard.
pls stop with this meme, or go back to plebbit
>>
Water polo
>>
>>76506841
his team literally got better once he was injured
>>
File: 1417967410806.jpg (356KB, 1264x1818px) Image search: [Google]
1417967410806.jpg
356KB, 1264x1818px
>>76506648
This image hits too close to home
>>
>>76506853
why do the weapons have to look so ugly?
>>
>>76506830
>Do you have any idea how athletic you have to be to compete in the NBA?

yes. not very. it's just jumping and quick change of directions. tonnes of sports have that. it's also not even remotely aerobically demanding. games only last less than an hour. some tennis matches can last over 5 hours.

>Also hitting 95 mph fastballs with a stick is incredibly hard. You have less than a second to decide to swing at a pitch. The hand eye coordination is unbelievable

its not hard when you've been training your entire life to do it. its also one single act. you cant claim that a sport where each player is involved in ONE act, either throwing a ball or batting a ball is the most challenging sport. again going back to tennis, players have to rect to serves that are delivered down at 140mph, bounce off the ground then try and divert back it into a very small area over a net. and thats only one shot, there are about 10 other shots that they need to be able to master also.
>>
>>76506853
roidslush is not a sport
>>
>>76506883
ergonomics, weight & balance I guess
>>
File: d5c[1].jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
d5c[1].jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>76506894
>>
>>76506917
>get btfo
>can't argue any of the points

>y-y-you're b-baiting!!!!1!!1

kill yourslef you delusional fat amerishart
>>
File: 2462357885.jpg (66KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
2462357885.jpg
66KB, 800x532px
>>76506883
I like them personally. Every athlete gets his own rifle specially made for him/her, so they all look a bit different..
Darya's does look a little bland without the sponsor tags, tho.
>>
>>76506910
>t. bad at said sport
>>
>>76506894
>two of the most atheletic qualities in sport
>not very athletic

Tennis matches are half standing around or sitting for that 5 hours. And their sort is literally just quick changes of direction too...
>>
Easily hockey
>>
File: danil sigidin.png (591KB, 448x513px) Image search: [Google]
danil sigidin.png
591KB, 448x513px
>>76506926
Because you were clearly baiting
>games only last less than an hour. some tennis matches can last over 5 hours.
Basketball involves much less standing around than Tennis, there are much fewer breaks. There's a reason Tennis can be played for many more years than Basketball and its not because its more aerobically demanding. Try and find someone over 50 at a basketball court. Then go try and find someone over 50 on a tennis court.
>>76506894
>again going back to tennis, players have to rect to serves that are delivered down at 140mph, bounce off the ground then try and divert back it into a very small area over a net. and thats only one shot, there are about 10 other shots that they need to be able to master also.
A tennis racquet has a much greater area to make contact with a ball than a baseball bat. I don't know how you can misunderstand this. Have a friend hit a serve and try to make contact with it using a baseball bat. The balls are similar size so I think you'll get the idea

>>76506894
>its not hard when you've been training your entire life to do it. its also one single act. you cant claim that a sport where each player is involved in ONE act, either throwing a ball or batting a ball is the most challenging sport.
I agree with you here that anon was just one of those retarded boreball fans. I'm glad they'll soon die off
>>
>>76506697
One of the first really big Euro basketball players said how he likes soccer in his old age cause you don't have to be in any kind of shape to play soccee.
>>
File: 1454836160561.jpg (100KB, 830x830px) Image search: [Google]
1454836160561.jpg
100KB, 830x830px
>>76507005
>this is what i was wearing
>still not asking for it
>>
Hurling and Polo
>>
>>76507021
Yeah, standing around and kicking a ball with mates while the barbecue is going is the same level of shape required for professional pay
>>
>>76507021
>One of the first really big Euro basketball players said
no further proof required. i am convinced.
>>
>>76507037
calm down ahmed you aren't in syria anymore
>>
File: 1473871722901.jpg (25KB, 635x470px) Image search: [Google]
1473871722901.jpg
25KB, 635x470px
this.

it's even hard to watch without leaking some precum.
>>
>>76507114
quality australian shitpost
>>
>>76507005
>Basketball involves much less standing around than Tennis, there are much fewer breaks. There's a reason Tennis can be played for many more years than Basketball and its not because its more aerobically demanding. Try and find someone over 50 at a basketball court. Then go try and find someone over 50 on a tennis court.

irelevant. even the shortest tennis matches require more running than basketball. around 3 miles or so.

even more utterly irelevant. what a bizzare point. there are literal 40 year olds playing NBA, and tonnes more that are 35+. The oldest player in the ATP top 100 is about 36.

>A tennis racquet has a much greater area to make contact with a ball than a baseball bat. I don't know how you can misunderstand this. Have a friend hit a serve and try to make contact with it using a baseball bat. The balls are similar size so I think you'll get the idea

doesnt make it any less difficult. all you have to do in baseball is touch the ball into a massive playing field. you also dont have a waist height net to aim over. the margin for error in returning a serve is far, far, far higher.

you could try a million times to try and return a john isner serve, and you wouldn't come close to putting a single one into play. i'd fancy my chances of luckilly blocking a professionals baseball pitch into play if you gave me enough time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB-D9Sv7kC0

(reminder that this is a second serve)
>>
File: you.png (194KB, 448x468px) Image search: [Google]
you.png
194KB, 448x468px
>>76507063
>>
>>76507180
bennis and luckswing equally suck.
the real answer to the OP is "basketball", for a normal dude it's impossible to play at highest level, because of the height criterion. you're a manlet? don't even think about it.
>>
>>76507264
"being tall" isnt an athletic criterion
>>
>>76507307
>things manlets unironically think
>>
>>76506648
Rowing, you need to be genetically gifted and hate yourself
>>
>>76506783
>It literally kills people

competitive sauna-ing kills russians
>>
Boxing and it's not even close. No other sport needs as much talent and athleticism at the same time. And not, being a fat slob who can dash 40 yards but gets exhausted afterwards is not nearly the same.
>>
>>76506648
Trust fund stick aka lacrosse is pretty high up there
>>
>>76507364
I can invalidate your post with a single name
Deontay Wilder
>>
File: freakshow.jpg (44KB, 339x700px) Image search: [Google]
freakshow.jpg
44KB, 339x700px
>>76507264
Muggsy
>>
>>76507005
>50+yo people do play basketball
A career in gymnastics is very short, pretty much ends when hair starts growing around the pubic area (above vulva).
>>
>>76507423
You prove my point.
guy on left doesn't have any particular talent at basketball, he made it just because he's fucking tall
guy on right had a fucking insane talent and skills, and had to prove himself times and times again.
>>
>>76506648
athletically probably boxing or mma, you're having to do stuff and think while getting punched in the face. And the cardio required for it is absolutely off the charts

In terms of raw, god-given talent/reflexes, most likely baseball. Hitting a ball going 90-100mph is incredibly difficult, and throwing one that hard is even harder.

Hockey probably has the highest starting skill curve. It's feasible that someone could get into a sport and do well later on in life, without dedicating their entire life to the sport. With hockey that's 100% impossible, and you will get absolutely demolished by your average 10 year old that knows how to skate. To get into hockey you're looking at bare minimum 2-3 years to learn how to skate and not fall over constantly during a game, another 2-3 to learn how to shoot and then another 3-5 to learn how to do stuff like pivots, stop with both skates, turn on both legs, do a proper slapshot, stick handle, etc, etc. It combines the most skillsets out of any sport and if you weren't playing since you were 5 or 6 you're basically fucked
>>
ELITE TIER ATHLETICISM:

Diving, Swimming, Gymnastics, Track, Skiing, Rowing, Cycling, Figure Skating, Biathlons-marathons etc

ELITE TIER SKILL

Football, Basketball, Snooker, Table Tennis, Chess, Golf, Curling, Darts, F1

ELITE TIER COMBINATION OF BOTH

Tennis, Boxing, Squash, Badminton, Ice Hockey
>>
>>76507180
seriously just go to the park with your friends and play basketball with them. It's a more demanding sport than tennis and I played tennis in HS
I'll give you a simple math problem. Which is more intensive, running 3 miles in 3 hours or 2.5 miles in 40 minutes. And because I don't want you to think I just made up that number, the NBA has actually been tracking distance traveled per game during these 2017 playoffs.
http://stats.nba.com/players/speed-distance/#!?sort=DIST_MILES&dir=1
>>76507180
>all you have to do in baseball is touch the ball into a massive playing field.
but that's not all you have to do. The catcher will comfortably throw you out if you do that. The play isn't over when you make contact with the ball, just like the point isn't over when you make contact with the serve. You understand the tennis part but you don't seem to grasp the baseball part
>>
File: le flag.jpg (71KB, 374x520px) Image search: [Google]
le flag.jpg
71KB, 374x520px
>>76507479
>>76507264
>for a normal dude it's impossible to play at highest level, because of the height criterion
>you're a manlet? don't even think about it.
franone pls, just surrender
>>
>>76507479
No he didnt

Guy on the right had the better career

Guy on the left had a meme career because he didn't have much talent beyond being tall
>>
>>76507501
>snooker
>darts
List discarded
>>
>>76507180
>all you have to do is touch the ball into a massive playing field
>Im a fucking idiot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUtSWQuF16A
And that's not even the majors, and that pitch had no break on it (even though it was inside), I 100% guarantee there's no way you would ever be able to even put that ball into the "massive playing field" even if it was thrown straight down the middle and you knew where it was going. I mean ya, sure you could bunt it, just like you could just wait for john isner to double fault, but I'd be willing to bet you could spend all day and not hit that

or even this guy, who's throwing about 10mph slower would be incredibly hard to hit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2WvUMSIvew&t=8s

also, just getting the ball into play means absolutely fuckall, since about 3/4 of the time you do, you're going to be out
>>
>>76506687
This.
>another thinly veiled /r9k/ thread
That board is murdering this site.
>>
>>76507634
Nah, that's /pol/

Of course if the mods did their damned jobs it wouldn't be a problem
>>
>>76507600
you've obviously never watched or played either.

ridiculously hard sports. skill level is utterly ridiculous
>>
>>76507616
lmao didn't read
>>
>>76506648
wtf that's me
>>
>>76507710
here I'll shorten it up for you, you were so wrong it was embarrassing for me to read your post
>>
>>76507726
lmao didn't read
>>
>>76507495
>Hockey probably has the highest starting skill curve
In my own experience it's up there with soccer. Learning to really control a ball with your feet is a bitch.

>if you weren't playing since you were 5 or 6 you're basically fucked
I had a teammate who started playing at 11 and he's just signed a pro contract.
>>
>>76507364

not to mention the mental strength you need to get beaten up and keep going
>>
lel Britposter got absolutely BTFO
>>
>>76507822
Retard strength is a thing.
Look at absolute cavemen who are boxers. At some point it becomes less mental and more muscle memory in the ring.
>>
>>76507364
Maybe there is some truth to that. I watched an interview with some Polish boxer and he said he really is jealous of football players, because compared to his sport, it's piece of cake and they get moer money for it (on average). He mentioned his training sessions being so hard and exhausting that he literally considered quitting boxing after ending training many times.
>>
cricket
>>
boxing + basketball
>>
>>76507495
>n terms of raw, god-given talent/reflexes, most likely baseball. Hitting a ball going 90-100mph is incredibly difficult, and throwing one that hard is even harder.

is this some kind of internal /sp joke?
>>
there's nothing that even comes close to cardio requirements of water polo
>>
>>76508419
Agreed. Cardio is top-tier. However, not much technical elite-tier movements.
>>
>>76506648
Ice hockey
>>
>>76508442
water is very limiting

i'd also add that playing football on sand or some other uneven terrain is just as tiring
>>
File: hatton_pac.jpg (395KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
hatton_pac.jpg
395KB, 960x639px
>>76507364
this
Some guy wrote a book where he tried a lot of pro sports training sessions, he was a fit 30 something guy, no slob. He managed quite well in football, cricket, rugby (he was an amateur player). Can't remember most of the rest, he tried rowing with GB and got absolutely btfo, but that's not surprising as he had no skill.
The main point was, he tried sparring with Roy Jones Jr for three rounds. Roy estimated he went at 5% level, and the author was covered in blood, and totally fucked up for the next week. He had to have a medical check up to see if he was dying of a blood clot.
tl,dr boxing is the toughest sport
>>
>>76508549
wow that convinced me!
>>
>>76508488
>football on sand or some other uneven terrain is just as tiring
very much so
>>
ITT: alot of people confused over what athletic vs talented skills.

The most athletically demanding sport on this planet is basketball and it's not even close. 6'5+ men who run wide receiver 40s with lateral movement of tiny manlets, many bench press 400 lbs, and 40in verticals.

Most skillfully difficult sport is baseball, hockey, or golf.

Having good cardio does not mean you are athletic. Plenty of awkward uncordinated lanklets can run long distance.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.