[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he dreamed of one day playing football (soccer) for a professional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

File: ronaldo.jpg (45KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
ronaldo.jpg
45KB, 250x250px
>he dreamed of one day playing football (soccer) for a professional team

be honest /sp/
when did you realize it wasn't gonna happen.
>>
when i was 12 and decided that playing WoW whole day is more fun than visiting practice
>>
When our coach changed and started fucking us during practices.
>>
I was doing fine, I was the best player in the team, but then some fucker got into the coaching position, and he fucking hated my guts for no reason, so I stopped being a starting player... I obviously got depressed and my form worsened... that moron ruined my life, if i see him on the street, i am going to beat him up
>>
When I was 5
>>
when I started liking football as a fat 10 year old

past it before i could be it
>>
File: 1489905970072.jpg (8KB, 236x250px) Image search: [Google]
1489905970072.jpg
8KB, 236x250px
When I was 19 and had stopped playing competitively 3 years before.

Every year I said I was going to go back at it, and then I started watching all this other 19 year olds getting million dollar contracts while I was daydreaming.

It was depressing.
>>
2bh becoming professional football player (not saying for the top teams, but as your job) is probably the easiest of all the major sport
Because 1. there are dozens of thousands of pro football jobs and 2. if you are good and train serious for all your youth you will end up, with a little work ethics and willpower, as a trained, capable, sueful football player (it's not that hard)
However you are completly fucked if you didn't develop excellent eye/feet coordination before 13 years old
>>
>>76453144
why did you quit lad?
>>
I didn't start liking football until I was 14, was already too late at that point, also I always lacked confidence.
>>
For the first 4 months since i lost movement in my right leg when i was 15
>>
when i finally realized i love vagina
>>
When my ACL decided otherwise
>>
When I was a youth player in 6th division and regulalry got to play in "young talent" tournaments and some scouts visited me and wanted me to move to a 2nd division team and I went on a trial but I didn't enjoy the atmosphere so I stayed with my mates in 6th division and never got good coaching
>>
since the first timei know football
>>
When I stopped growing at sixteen and realised my legs were combed as well.
>>
Pretty obvious since first game in school break I was a long long way off the best kids. I kept on trying until I was about 9.
>>
>>76453727
comfy
>>
File: it hurts to live.png (492KB, 540x663px) Image search: [Google]
it hurts to live.png
492KB, 540x663px
>best in my year in lil school
>never actually trained
>reach the 9th grade and realize I'm just above average, only like the 5th best in my class

why didn't I ask my parents to play for a club lads? I didn't even do shit back then
>>
When I realized I can't run for more than 5 minutes
>>
File: tfw.png (121KB, 500x574px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
121KB, 500x574px
When I was 17, and realized i will never cut it as a 182cm goalkeeper.
>>
>>76454229
too bad ikr but you should of looked at your family size before choosing GK, literally the only role in football where size matters
>>
File: tai-game-aoe-2-bb.jpg (196KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
tai-game-aoe-2-bb.jpg
196KB, 800x600px
I only played for fun. I didn't even enjoy it when it got serious with like 3+ training sessions/week. winter training, and cardio only sessions.

I never thought I was good either. A few of the kids would literally go out jogging with the ball on their free time. I was never like that.

When Age of Empires 2 came out I dropped football like a hot potato.
>>
>>76453516
Maybe in Europe, I know plenty of guys that never were discovered when I was in high school that played great.
>>
File: 58d5ef558812b8e20e000004.png (465KB, 912x516px) Image search: [Google]
58d5ef558812b8e20e000004.png
465KB, 912x516px
>I took the computer over sports
>>
When I tore my acl because a dude I dribbled past during a 5+1 missed his tackle and took out my knee.
>>
>>76452842
I had a treiner like that. Fucking drunk piece of shit sucked the fun out of the sport for me.
>>
When the rhythmic slapping began, that's when I realized the reason why they kept bringing me into practice even though I never scored any goals
>>
>>76454229
you can perfectly be a pro goalkeeper at 182cm if you have good reflexes and jump
>>
when I was like 9 and one kid in the class could score anytime he wanted to.
>>
When I was 6 I realized how shitty of a sport soccer was and stopped playing
>>
>>76452772
Probably around the same time I realized professional soccer existed
>>
>>76452801
this

>>76452828
nigga wut

>>76452842
find him and kill him la

>>76453546
>lacking confidence
i want to die

>>76453626
gay

>>76453654
fuckin leaf
>>
>>76454121
This. The saddest part is that I'm not even fat.
>>
>>76460475
this desu.
the youth systems in the u.s. are ass and over-flooded with pacebabby spastics. its impossible to get noticed if you dont live in a major city, and even if you do, none of the scouting is taken seriously.

literally only way to make it onto the pros in the u.s if you dont get into a college with a soccer program is to try out for amateur teams and work your ass off so people notice your """workrate""" or other meme buzzword.

t.someone who plays for an amateur team.
>>
>>76460475
>that played great
playing good in youth(!) in hs(!) != being good on pro-level in NA or Europe
>>
when i realized being a goalkeeper equals being the lazy talentless guy who can't do jackshit. i stopped giving a shit and cared more about pc games.
>>
>>76462326
>t.someone who plays for an amateur team.
city?

t. me too
>>
File: broz.jpg (13KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
broz.jpg
13KB, 275x183px
>>76460407
this is 90% of norwegians right here

>play footy for fun from you're like 7 - 12 or something
>post game pizzaes, norway cup, comradery, innocent flirting with female players and overall constant 10/10 comfy levels.
>Then around age 11-14 + games get gradually more serious
>Fight and blame being thrown around when you lose
>Suddenly there's training 4 and even fucking 5 times a week ontop of homework, chores , gaming, drinking and general teenage life
>Your friends drop out like flies around you
>Suddenly you're stuck wtih a bunch of super competitive cunts and you always feel like everyone around you is just a little bit better, a little bit faster, better ball control, more motivated
>Half the training is just leg breaking cardio and a lot it is in 0-12 celsius half of the year
>Some old, balding fat cunt that couch you doesn't understand that "Play time with the ball">"everything else" so you're stuck doing those same old fucking cardio runs over and over again
>lose a couple of practises one week
>couch take you out for a talk during training
>say you'll do better
>then you just don't show up the next week
>>
>>76462442
illinois.
id imagine russian footie is more competitive. here people just spam longballs and runs on the wings.
>>
>tfw refused to start playing football as a 5yo for petty reasons
>tfw didn't start until I was 13
>was by far the worst in the B team I was in
>>
>>76462462
People here say that in nordic schools they don't have homework. Was it all a lie?
>>
>>76463022
That's not true, but I always heard from my parents they had much more homework growing up
>>
>>76462887
kazan here
amature league have 4 divisions of 16 clubs top 3 and of 24+ 4th, if we are about 11x11
8x8 league have about 20 teams total + futsal have its own league
as i know, some teams in top division have coaches and even got bonuses for wins(money from sponsors)
>>
>>76452772
at 11 years old.
>>
at 15, party and drinking became important. Was still the best and offered to leave for a youth academy, didn't do it. Now at 23 i played my first season, since i was 16. I was never the same player again.
>>
>>76466627
i play sunday league shit now.
>>
When I wanted to be a baseball player and my mom kept signing me up for divegrass because she is a spic
>>
>>76452772
When I got cut and told "you can still play JV"
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.