[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand, why do Americans get so triggered when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0946.jpg (163KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0946.jpg
163KB, 1000x600px
I don't understand, why do Americans get so triggered when basketball players change teams?
>>
They are anti-black.
>>
Simply switching teams doesn't bother me at all, but what teams they go to does matter.

If Durant went literally anywhere except the Warriors, Cavs, or Spurs, I'd have had no problem with it, but joining an already stacked team is pathetic.
>>
>>76439014
Not in MLB/NFL/NHL
But in NBA, if you're a great player, you are automatically compared to Jordan, the standard he set was to be the leader of a team of inferiors win with such a group. NBA success is so much based on individual success that if two great players join forces it is seen as cheapening the win if it happens.
>>
>>76439014
we're a country of morons and assholes, in case it wasn't obvious
>>
>>76439014
it's pretty much just when franchise players jump ship to join/create a superteam. compared to other team sports, one player's performance can make a huge difference in basketball
>>
Because there wouldn't be riots if gerrard changed clubs or if messi went to real etc.
>>
>>76439112
I dont follow basketball that much but is there something wrong with a player wanting to win?
>>
Imagine Messi joining Ronaldo.

Yeah
>>
>>76439285
There's nothing wrong with wanting to win but joining a team that went 73-9 in the regular season that you lost to in the playoffs that has two of the best shooters in the history of the NBA is just pathetic.
>>
>>76439285
Imagine if Messi and Ronaldo joined the same team and never lost

Would it bore you after awhile?

Thats what happened in 2015/2016 with the Warriors, BEFORE KD joined the team

NBA has bottomed out. KD joining the warriors was the straw that broke the camels back
>>
>>76439308
>Messi and Ronaldo could function on the same team, and it would mean they would never lose
Retard
>>
>>76439112
>>76439308
>>76439306
>T. Millennials with no understanding of how all sports worked up until the 90s
You dumb asses in the eras b4 salary cap this happened ALL the time.
>Lou gherig and Babe Ruth! No fair!
Lmao lrn ur history kids
>>
>>76439291
This sort of stuff happens in football all the time though

Suarez and Neymar joining Messi at Barca
Kroos and Bale joining Ronaldo at Real
etc
The best players go to the best teams because they want to win
>>
>>76439306
Nothing wrong with wanting to win, but something wrong with joining the most-winning team??
>>
>>76439392
they go because the teams with the most money offer the biggest contracts

if American pro sports worked like that then New York and Los Angeles teams would always have the most talent
>>
>>76439372
>You dumb asses in the eras b4 salary cap this happened ALL the time.

Yeah, and it made for a shit boring league where only the Finals was worth watching just like this year, except not even the Finals is apperently worth watching this year.

I'd rather watch a hundred more 2011 Mavs beating the Heat than a continual arms war between Golden State and the Cavs.
>>
I honestly wonder if this board would be upset if KD went to the Cavs instead. It just feels like Neo-/v/ contrarianism because Golden State is a spectacular team and LeBron, while an amazing player, is vastly overhyped by the talking heads on ESPN.
>>
>>76439392
An individual player has much more impact in nigger jump than soccer so it's not 100% the same
>>
>>76439412
The problem is watching to win on easy mode.

Do you get enjoyment out of playing games on the shittiest difficulting?
>>
I'm not a player. I'm a fan of my local teams.

When a star leaves and the team goes from 61 wins to 16 wins, it pisses me off. not much more to it than that. I want my local team to win.
>>
>>76439444
>greatest scorer in playoff history
>overhyped
>>
>>76439460
Didn't know you were from seattle anon
>>
>>76439433
but you already knew cavs and gs would play finals last year. Durent just tips weight heavily towards gs
>>
>>76439444
That would have been even worse than going to the Warriors in my mind.

I've always maintained that I had no problem with Durant leaving OKC, but just don't fucking join a team that can already compete in the Finals without you.
>>
>>76439484
Northeast Ohio.

That is what the Cavs did when LeBron left for Miami. They went from 61-21 to 19-63, and stayed under .500 until he came back
>>
>>76439480
In terms of this relentless comparison to Jordan that always gets brought up then yes, he is.
>>
>>76439511
so you're saying that the second-best player in NBA history is overhyped?

That's like saying Gehrig was overhyped because he came along while Ruth was still playing.
>>
>>76439499
Bullshit. The Thunder almost beat Golden State.

Also the Finals was amazing. This year's Finals has been garbage, the whole playoffs have been garbage, and the reg season was garbage.
>>
>>76439417
Not so much anymore since most league money comes from t.v. contracts and those are split evenly among the franchises. There really isn't a big enough gap between the richest and poorest of franchises to make that possible. And drafting and contract stipulations make it virtually impossible for big markets to rob the talent cradle so to speak.
>>76439433
>He doesn't want to witness greatness
People like you have fucked the NFL. I don't wanna see a bunch of equally shitty teams Duke it out so shitty ass Eli Manning can get hot for a couple of weeks and win a fluke owl. Same with flacco and all these other meme-y "contenders". No. I wanna see Joe Montana vs Dan Marino. I want the 85 bears vs the 84 niners. I want Aikman and the wall and smith against an SF defense featuring prime time and an elite front 7. >Parity is for cucks who don't wanna strive for elite all time prowess.
>>
>>76439014
You have to understand that it's niggers making these threads.
They are very, very dumb.
>>
>>76439480
>>76439535
Hold on there, Jethro. He's great and I'm a fan, but top 10 at best.
>>
>>76439392
The NBA is set up to prevent this with a salary cap. Like, the Cavs cant just go out this offseason and buy Harden to get better. They are limited in a way soccer clubs aren't. Durant going to the Warriors was a fluke because the salary cap jumped by so much in one year that 25 of the 30 teams had space to sign Durant and he could go basically anywhere.

So instead of setting a new bar that other top clubs try to match by buying their own talent, in the NBA this just means the Warriors blow through the league uncontested for the next 5 years in a row because there is literally no way to build a team as good under the current NBA rules.
>>
>>76439014
because changing one player in basketball matters a lot and in this sport the better team on paper wins 99% of the time so its a big deal
>>
>>76439551
Hold the fuck up, you're jumping to some premature assumptions there. I wish they would get rid of the Hard Salary cap in both the NFL and the NBA. They are both just there to give owners more money, they don't actually help parity.

Then players like LeBron and Durant would stop turning down money that isnt anywhere near what they can make off the court to be paid $50 mil a year which is their actual worth.
>>
File: 1496885599972.jpg (131KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1496885599972.jpg
131KB, 900x675px
Now the NBA isn't interesting we all know it's going the Warriors and Cavs in the finals with the Warriors most likely winning for the next 3-5 years
>>
>>76439112
>joining a stacked team is pathetic
>purposefully using your free agency to go to a shit team so you will continue to not win like you did with westchuck
yeah, no, that's such an ass backwards way of thinking and its hilarious how fucking common it is in sports

you leave your situation to go to a better team or one that pays you more money, you don't do it to go backwards
>>
>>76439631
>The NBA is set up to prevent this with a salary cap

This is bullshit and just a way for the league to make more shekels.

If the league ACTUALLY cared about parity, than they'd have no salary cap, but still have marginal revenue sharing. Then if one team decided to blow their wad on buying all the best players in the league, THEY'D be losing money while every other team would be making money off of their retardation.

The Salary cap has never ever helped parity. It's capitalism exploiting the stupidity of communism.
>>
>>76439331
People said the same thing about Durant and Curry. Now theyre 15-0 in the playoffs
>>
File: shkeup.jpg (903KB, 1440x1476px) Image search: [Google]
shkeup.jpg
903KB, 1440x1476px
>>76439112
>>76439306
>I-it's pathetic.. *gulp*
>BRAAAAAAAAAAP
>*pisses pants from intimidation*
Laughing at you taking trades so personally because it's "pathetic" and "uncomfortable" and "scary", grow up bitch
>>
File: download (15).jpg (4KB, 302x167px) Image search: [Google]
download (15).jpg
4KB, 302x167px
>>76439755
B-b-but milord where is thine honor?
>>
>>76439014
The fashion in which KD did it was unprecedented. Imagine if Lebron choked a 3-1 lead to the Big 3 Celtics and then joined them next year
>>
>>76439820
Fuck off. You just described baseball and the EPL which are both dominated by rich teams. 90% of the league doesnt wanna see that shit.
>>
>>76439823
Quality post.
>>
>>76439821
Football has 11 people and very specific roles. One person won't make a different, especially when Barcelona's attack is already the best in the world
>>
>>76439820
They need to have arbitrary minimum contracts so shit like Durant turning dowb nearly 100million to go to a stacked team cant happen.

There should be a % increase to future contracts based on performance
>>
>>76439820
bc of the new tv deal, even if one team bought up the 5 best players THEY WOULDNT LOSE MONEY DUMBASS THEY COULD STILL A HUGE PROFIT FROM THE TV DEAL
and teams wouldnt laugh theyd be getting rekt like whats happening with gsw right now

god its like your blind and retarded at the same time
>>
>>76439839
being a pussy bitch will only be a temporary storyline for durant, the only thing people will remember will be the rings in the end.

besides lebron did it, everyone is okay with him doing it, so who gives a shit?

and just because lebron didn't go to a 73 win team doesn't mean he wouldn't have if he had the choice lmao, lebron himself even says he loved KDs move
>>
>>76439854
Protip: The EPL has had more championship winners over the last several years than the NFL and NBA.

The salary cap hasn't done dick. Baseball has the weakest salary cap of all American sports, and has more parity than the NFL and NBA.
>>
>>76439331
but that's unironically true
>>
>>76439909
NBA have had 7 different champions in the last 10 years, the Premier League has had 4
>>
>>76439903
>the only thing people will remember will be the rings in the end.
Why is /sp/ so sure of this?
>>
>>76439946
LeBron was considered a certified choker until he won a ring, now he's considered by a lot of people to be the 2nd best player in history
>>
>>76439897
I'm not that anon but you're statement doesn't make any sense because it is impossible to "buy up" the 5 best players because of the draft and contract stipulations. Ultimately having no cap plus t.v. deals would make it easier for teams good at drafting to keep their drafted players home because they would be able to pay all their guys to stay home. No team has ever just been "bought" into existence the best drafters and groomers have always been the best.
>>
>>76439014

Just reminds me of when I played basketball as a child/teen and someone good on my team would leave to the other more popular/better team.

Made beating them even more enjoyable though.
>>
>>76439897
Diminishing returns retard.

They'd have to expand their individual TV deal to have viability in every major market if a team wanted to pay to have all the best players in the league at their actual worth, and that would be impossible even for the Lakers. You'd basically be selling a Harlem Globetrotters channel at a premium price.

You'd never make the money up. One superstar is worth overpaying for to keep fans interested, but a whole team of them isn't gonna continually increase interest at the same rate.
>>
>>76439977
That had more to do with racking up accolades during his prime in addition to winning rings.
>>
>>76439909
>NFL different winners in last decade: 9
>NBA different winners in last decade: 7
>NHL different winners in last decade: 6
>EPL different winners in last decade: 4

Yeah salary cap surely doesnt effect parity
>>
>>76440021
The last 10 super bowls have outside of failcons have easily been the worst tho. And even failcons vs. pats was ugly football. Parity needs to die I want to see the best players in the world playing against each other for all the marbles. Imagine if the Peyton's colts could've gone out and bought an actual difference maker for their defense.
>>
>>76439510
And like every other cavs fan, you sucked bron's dick for a ring when he came back
>>
>>76440072
There should be 2 designated "superteams" each year. They have a draft where they take turns selecting players, so that the top 24 players are on those 2 teams. Then let the other 28 have a normal draft. This way we get a full season of basketball, but in the Finals we get to see the sport played at the highest level possible.

Aka the La Liga method.
>>
>>76439014
People complain about anything they can.
>>
>>76439823
This is the best post on 4chan right now
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.