[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What team sport requires the most collective intelligence? And

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: collectiveintelligence.png (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
collectiveintelligence.png
20KB, 300x300px
What team sport requires the most collective intelligence? And why?
I'll go for association football
>opposing teams are always interwined
>elements of the team act like a swarm
>team must keep its form while collectively occupy as efficiently as possible the game space
>must defeat the other team structure to create space and opportunities
>all the while play doesn't ever stop to reconsider and set up plans
>>
definitely football and european basketball, most other team sports are only about entertainment and about athleticism, the former are mostly about tactics
>>
>>76386211
that's not even a question
>>
cycling
>>
>>76386211
As much as I like football, it's handegg and it's not even close.
>>
>>76388221
Ok, but why?
>>
>>76386211
hockey, easily
>>
>>76386211
It's inversely related to the prevalence of heroball and stoppages in play. Unfortunately this means the answer is divegrass.
>>
>>76388780
Hockey have been exposed Justin. It takes more luck than skill, without even talking about intelligence
https://youtu.be/HNlgISa9Giw
>>
>>76388221
How? They stop after every play and follow specific orders. There's little need for creative thinking outside of the QB position. It's following a script as opposed to improve (divegrass).
>>
>>76388843
Improv*
>>
>>76388766
>>76388843
Because the playbook that they have to memorize and the number of different plays they have to train for is an order of magnitude higher than the number of plays a footballer trains for.
You may argue that it takes less improvisation but if improvisation is your only metric then you should've said so on the OP. The collective intelligence behind a handegg game, from coordination between coaches and between the players is out of this world.
If you were talking solely about improvisation then say so.
>>
>>76389067
Ok I see your point of view but as >>76388843 said they just execute a program. Only the QB "reads" the defense (search for holes in defense and 2 to 4 available receivers). And I fail to see how a form of collective intelligence sets up in 11 seconds (avg active playtime).
You could argue that defensive squad in Am. football show collective intelligence, but as I already said it's only for a few seconds and association football actually show it for longer times, it's even the target of a team with possession to defeat defending team collective intelligence (to beat their placing)
>>
>>76388221
Handegg is like the military, everyone has a specialized position. A guy like the QB or Middle Linebacker has to be smart, but you can have dumb as fuck backs who are just as serviceable as guys like Marshawn Lynch.

Most major sports don't require much intelligence. I'd go with polo, need to ride a horse while playing a hockey like game. All the people went to elite private schools and are "well bred" (no Jews).
>>
File: signalfan2.jpg (68KB, 1199x837px) Image search: [Google]
signalfan2.jpg
68KB, 1199x837px
Pesäpallo
>>
>>76390485
Wtf
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.