[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are tickets to sporting events so expensive now? i remember

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

Why are tickets to sporting events so expensive now? i remember in high school about 5 years ago i would go with my friends to chargers V broncos games and we would have field level mid field seats in either the second or third row. we would only pay about $230-$250 per tickets. which is kind of expensive, but now those tickets are selling for around $500-$700! and the row your sitting at is pretty far from the field for what youre paying. I found some tickets that are 3rd row for only $211 in the endzone which is a pretty good deal, but once you buy it they charge you a service charge of $78 per ticket! it ends up coming out to around $600.

what the fuck happened? even tickets that are in the second story are around $200.

does /sp/ go to live sporting events?
>>
NFL tickets are a huge ripoff for the most part. Expensive beer, parking, terribly far sightlines, a million breaks in action, and played during really terrible weather most times. I'd prefer to watch some negative degree weather games indoor, my choice of beer, next to a bathroom, and not a gorrillion miles away.
>>
File: Capture.png (566KB, 758x822px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
566KB, 758x822px
>>76234429
yeah but its a totally different atmosphere. when i watch at home i dont yell or scream i just sit and watch and ocasionally talk to myself (i like to watch games alone) but when i went i was yelling the whole time. you get more into it. i was there for the 24 point halftime comeback by Manning, and i was there for 2 years when Tebow played. Broncos won all three. All great games and i would definitely go again... if i didnt have to pay $600!
>>
>>76234394
the economy improving is my guess
>>
>>76234487
Well you probably had the fortune of good games. I am stuck with the fucking Bears, so cold winters and sarcastic and cynical fans aren't the best thing to be around. Also that pic of Quallcomm really drives home how shitty it was.
>>
>>76234394

>$230-$250 per tickets is reasonable
>the state of american loans
>>
File: IMG_2855.gif (499KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2855.gif
499KB, 1024x576px
>spending $200-400 on 11 minutes of play
>>
>>76234394
>we would only pay about $230-$250
why
>>
Yeah it's pretty pricey now unless you get some kind of deals. Basketball tickets can still be cheap enough with student deals. Hockey can get up there, but I've never paid more than $150 in the regular season.
>>
>>76234848

you spend that on 11 seconds of play m8
>>
File: POTUS cry.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
POTUS cry.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>76234780
how much are good tickets for top tier soccer games in portugal
>>
File: 8h2ConD.png (388KB, 542x350px) Image search: [Google]
8h2ConD.png
388KB, 542x350px
>>76234885
handegg tickets are inflated since there are only 8 home games.
>>
>>76234893
~40€
>>
>>76234900
Doesn't need to be that inflated. NBA/NHL attendance a year is around 21 million while NFL attendance is around 17 million. There is a gap, but I don't know if it warrants $500 tickets considering the NFL commerically is still the biggest league in the country by far and it ain't close.
>>
>>76234963
This might not even be a top 10 reason but it's something no one ever mentions. We've had 32 teams since 2002 and our population has increased 10-15% in that time with the same amount of seats essentially to fill while if anything gaining popularity or staying the same increasing demand.

Just a lot of stupid little shit like(or inflation being higher than youre told) in addition to the old memes like greedy owners, etc.
>>
>Paying $600(sixhundred!) dollars for a single game
No wonder you don't have money for healthy food

I don't even spend €300 on my season ticket (17 games)
>>
>>76235049
>$600
No offense but that's for prime seats to the most in demand highest revenue league in the world. The average NFL ticket is like $75-100 so it's not as bad as your making it out to be. Whereas yours(assuming eredivisie) is maybe a top 25 sporting league in the world.
>>
I'm australian and I will not pay over $100 for any kind of sporting event

what kind of cuckery is this?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.