[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets be real, the NBA playoffs have pretty much been trash, while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Lets be real, the NBA playoffs have pretty much been trash, while the NHL playoffs have been spectacular; it isnt much of a debate. But is this actually going to affect either sport in the long run?

If the media would actually talk about this it would help increase the nhl's exposure and get more people to watch, but nobody wants to talk down the NBA, even though its a) the truth and b) would force the nba to do some real soul-searching and fix the problem.
>>
This.
>>
>>76137678
the problem with the nhl playoffs is the direct opposite of the nba

there's too much parity that the finals have pretty much become drawing names out of hat

the preds were down right shitty in the regular season and squeaked into the playoffs but swept the #1 seed and are in the finals.

People like occasional upsets, not ones that happen all the time that it takes the magic out of it.

NFL does the best job of mixing parity with excitement
>>
>>76137731
Yeah but the preds have played so well that no one doubts they should be there. And then the penguins, who most people predicted would be in the final, took care of business to set up what should be a great final.

At the end of the day sports are supposed to entertain and the nhl playoffs have been incredibly entertaining. The nba playoffs have not. But nobody is talking about it.
>>
In the NHL, the quality of the playoffs decreases the further you go (very high to start, very low in the Finals)
In the NBA, the quality of the playoffs increases the further you go (very low to start, very high in the Finals)
Is this about right?
>>
>>76137678
I think the problem with the playoffs is best Out of whatever games. If all the big 4 leagues had the nfl system of just 1 game per round, then it be more interesting
>but it gives chance for smaller teams to win
No it doesn't. Best Out of 4 games just drag out the inevitable
>>
>>76137955
Idk about this. The ott-pit series was phenomenal. I see what you mean tho. It speaks to the nature of the fast-paced sport, at the beginning when there are more teams and more games it adds to the excitement. But dedicated fans have no problem staying invested as it goes on.
>>
Both gay sports but at least hockey fans aren't a bunch of niggers
>>
>>76137678
>sister fuck-puck
nah
>>
>>76138334
You are a bad person, m8.
>>
>>76143483
you're a nigger m8
>>
>>76140145
>african tree hockey
lolno
>>
>>76137955
This. The NHL playoffs are too long. The teams run out of gas by the third round and the intensity and quality of play diminishes. It just becomes an endurance contest.

>>76138003
It wasn't "phenomenal." There were a couple good games, game 7 was fantastic. But the pace was way slower than the earlier rounds and wasn't as entertaining.

The Oilers and Ducks series was phenomenal, that was fucking crazy.
>>
>>76137955
I dont watch basketball but generally fans recognize the first round has the most hitting and hardest skating. But the cup is a test of heart and perseverance as much as skill
>>
File: FRESH.jpg (97KB, 821x707px) Image search: [Google]
FRESH.jpg
97KB, 821x707px
>>76143513
kek touche my nigga
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.